- A Microsoft Certified Professional with 7+ years of extensive experience in Database Solutions and BI Solutions using Micro soft Technologies.
- Extensive experience in Data Modeling, Design, Development, Implementation & Administration of Database systems using MSSQL 2005/2008/2012/2014 for both OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing) & Data warehousing Systems (SSRS,SSIS, SSAS)
- Experience in SDLC methodologies& Agile/Waterfall project methodologies in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of client - server based applications.
- Experience in database programming in writing Stored procedures, User Defined Data Types, Triggers, Constraints, Indexes, CTEs and Batch Scripts using T-SQL/PL-SQL
- Experience in Writing Complex T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, Sub-queries, Co-related sub queries, Complex joins.
- Excellent knowledge of performance tuning in tuning stored procedures, Queries using tools like SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Execution Plans, DMV’s and Efficient coding standards.
- Experienced in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all etc...
- Strong knowledge and experience in error handling of SSIS packages using transactions, check points (package restart ability features), break points and error logging procedures.
- Experienced in Huge data migrations, huge data transfers, ETL processes using SSIS, DTS for Data warehouse implementation Projects involving conversion of data from heterogeneous sources like DB2, and Oracle, Sybase, Teradata.
- Hands on experience on writing Teradata ETL scripts using BTEQ.
- Highly experienced in full cycle of DTS/SQL server integration services (SSIS 2005/2008/2012/2014 ) Packages (Developing, Scheduling, Configuring, Troubleshooting and monitoring) for performing data transfers and ETL Purposes across different servers.
- Interpreting and working with data models, data flows and data dictionaries, logical & physical Data modeling, Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration, Development, Deployment and Troubleshoot Reporting services using SSRS 2005/2008/2012/2014 across various environments.
- Expert in designing Crystal reports, Enterprise reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2005/2008/2012/2014 ) and Excel Pivot
- Created SSRS projects and reports in BIDS, sort and toggle object visibility to modified report, assigned item level permissions and site security roles, created report schedules and subscriptions.
- Expert and proficient in highly analytical & detailed reports that include drilldown, drill through, parameterized (Cascading parameters), TopN, Summary, OLAP, cross tab, linked and sub reports and filters, charts in SSRS 2005/2008/2012/2014 .
- Extensive experience in SQLServer Analysis Services OLAP Cubes, and Data Mining.
- Highly skilled in developing OLAP cubes using SSAS 2005/2008/2012/2014, calculating measures, measure groups and dimension members in SQL Server Analysis Services using multi-dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulae, and user-defined functions.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Physical & Logical Data Modeling- Relational, Multi-Dimensional Modeling Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling DSV diagrams, Fact and Dimensions Tables using Analysis Services.
- Created Dashboard pages in SharePoint Server that use different types of web parts and excel services for reports
- Developed cubes using Partitions added the Key Performance Indicators (KPI), partition aggregations, Perspectives, slow changing dimensions etc. and created various user roles.
BI Tools: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, QlikView, Business Objects, PowerBI, Business Intelligence Development studio(BIDS), Visual Studio, Crystal Reports 9.0, Teradata, Performance Point Server, ProClarity,SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Erwin, Jasper Soft Studio, Toad Data Point.Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014, Access, MySQL,Oracle 10g, 11gOperating Systems: Windows Server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Windows 8/NT/XP/Professional, MS-DOS, UNIX, Red Hat Linux
Application package: MS Office Suite, Visio, Power BI
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C/C++, HTML, XML, C#.Net, ActiveX, XML, MS Access, HTML, DHTML, Shell Scripting
Tools: SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), SharePoint Sync
Protocol: FTP, TCP/IP, Named Pipes
Confidential, Glendale, CA
Sr. SQL BI Developer/SSIS/SSRS
- Work closely with business users to congregate and comprehend requirements.
- Analyzed data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems.
- Optimized the stored procedures which are using cursors and increased the performance.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Designed and worked on extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) process by pulling up large volume of data from various data sources using SSIS.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send mail task etc.
- Designed SSIS packages for tracking the Audit time in multiple databases in multiple servers and worked on data flow task, Script component, OLEDB command, derived column, data conversion.
- Identified the potential Issues that occur during the package execution by redirecting the rows from source component to Error Output.
- Effectively used various properties in SSIS package to improve the performance.
- Worked on event handlers to prevent the error in propagating to rest of package, worked on native and custom logging.
- Created different chart reports helped in analyzing perform counters using SSRS.
- Developed drill down, drill through, cascaded and parameterized reports using SSRS and developed excel pivot chart reports and pivot tables.
- Generated multiple Enterprise reports using SSRS from SQL Server Database (OLTP) and SQL Server Analysis Services Database (OLAP) and included various reporting features such as group by, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports, navigation reports (Hyperlink) etc.
- Created, maintained & scheduled various reports in SSRS like Ad-hoc Reports, Canned Reports, Master Reports & Parameterized Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS.
- Created customized reports using various chart types like, Text Tables, Bar, Pie, Tree Maps, Heat Maps, Line Charts, Pivot Tables, Combination Charts in Excel and Tableau.
- Created shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes and aggregations on MS OLAP/ Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Worked on building PowerPivot DAX reports from SSAS Tabular Cubes.
- Coordinating post-implementation events such as testing.
- Provide software product design and developed technical roadmap for the solution through the project lifecycle and beyond.
- Development experience with RDBMS such as SQL Server and ODBMS such as Geneva.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2014/2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2014/2010, Tableau, Visual studio 2012,2013, McGraw Hill, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Team foundation Server(TFS), SharePoint, MS Excel, Microsoft windows server 2012.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data between servers, load data into database, archive data file from different sources using SQL Enterprise Manager/SSMS on SQL Server 2008 R2 environment, deploy the data and scheduled the jobs to do these tasks periodically.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, functions and triggers & maintaining Referential Integrity..
- Used Shared Connection managers, implemented error handling in SQL Server 2012.
- Designed Logical and Physical Data Model with Erwin tools.
- Created SSIS packages to populate data from various data sources.
- Developed Tabular Reports, ad-hoc reports using SSRS Report Designer.
- Designed and developed SSIS (ETL) packages to validate, extract, transform and load data from OLTP system to the Data warehouse and Report-Data mart.
- Developed of shell scripts to automate data distribution to different SQL servers and Sybase IQ based data warehouse and among multiple SQL servers.
- Developed ad-hoc reports along with static reports using Crystal reports and scheduled them to run on monthly/quarterly basis as per the requirement.
- Used Microsoft Power BI Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify data to certain format as required in Excel, and created SSIS packages to load excel sheets from PC to database.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Analyzed user and business requirements attended periodic meetings for changes in the application requirements and documents.
- Defined and created procedures to install Tableau desktop in silent mode.
- Improved the performance of SQL queries tools like index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor.
- Developed SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Developed parameterized MDX, bottom count, top count, cross join, non ascendants and log MDX queries for creating Calculations and KPI's on SSRS Reports.
- Running DBCC consistency checks and fixing data corruption in application databases.
- Implemented Power BI Pivot for data analysis by developing various aggregation and calculations.
- Created and modified several UNIX shell Scripts according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements.
- Configured SSIS packages using Package configuration wizard to allow packages run on different environments.
- Configured Transactional Replication and Log Shipping with SQL Server Management Studio as well as basic account management and troubleshooting with connectivity.
- Extensive experience on writing T-SQL language for DDL, DML and DCL commands.
- Filtered bad data using complex T-SQL statements, and implemented various constraint and triggers for data consistency.
- Worked with Meta-Data Driven SSIS Packages to pull the data from different Sources and load to Data mart.
- Create custom Visual Basic and Access VBA code to automate business processes, and in corporate ActiveX Controls (spreadsheet control) to enhance Access GUI.
- Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and transfer into data marts and performed action using XML
- Downloaded reports from the Crystal environment with the Download utility tool and migrated reports using the Data source migration wizard and published the reports using the Publishing wizard.
- Developed SSRS reports using multiple data providers, Global Variables, Expressions, user defined objects, aggregate aware objects, charts, and synchronized queries.
- Deployed reports, created report schedules and subscriptions. Managing and securing reports using SSRS.
- Built ad-hoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010,MS Access, MS Excel, MS Visio, SQL Server Profiler, Windows XP, Vista, 7,8,2008/2008 R2/2012,SSIS, SSRS, SharePoint, TFS, Waterfall, Agile.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Sr. SQL BI Developer
- Interacted with customers to analyze business needs. Provide software product design and developed technical roadmap for the solution through the project lifecycle and beyond.
- Determined the SQL Server Installation. Installed SQL Server Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program.
- Involved in high level architectural design discussions for designing the MDF (Meta data framework) tables which store the business and patient data.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database and checked constraints to maintain data integrity.
- Used T-SQL queries to insert the complete file information and layout to MDF tables.
- Designed SSIS packages to transfer the data from flat files, Access database and excel documents to the Staging Area in SQL Server 2012.
- Worked on for each loop containers, sequence containers and used various tasks like Execute SQL task which calls stored procedures and takes parameters, Script component task for reading the file and removing trailer records.
- Created source, stage and archive folders as per the requirements using expressions in file system task.
- Developed master package which calls the child packages and loads the files to stage and history tables in GDW.
- Created SSRS reports using Report Parameters, Drop-Down Parameters, Multi-Valued Parameters Debugging Parameter Issues Matrix Reports and Charts.
- Identified and defined the Datasets for the report generation and wrote the queries for the drilldown reports, sub-reports.
- Created different chart reports helped in analyzing perform counters using SSRS.
- Used SSRS Report Catalog to store the Configuration, Security and Caching Information for the Operation of the Report Server.
- Migrated data from Heterogeneous Data Sources and legacy system (DB2, Access, Excel) to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to overcome transformation constraints.
- Created various visualizations and reports using Power Bi.
- Deployed the generated reports on to the Report server and fine-tuned the database objects and server to ensure efficient data retrieval.
- Created report snapshots to improve the performance of SSRS.
- Designed cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Understanding the OLAP processing for changing and maintaining the Warehousing Optimizing Dimensions, Hierarchies and adding the Aggregations to the Cube.
- Coordinating post-implementation events such as testing.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2014/2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Visual studio 2012,2013, Power Bi, Business Intelligence Development, Cognos, Studio (BIDS), Erwin, Team foundation Server(TFS), SharePoint, Erwin, MS Excel, Microsoft windows server 2012.
Confidential, Holmdel, NJ
- Coordinating with business users in gathering business requirements and translating them to technical specifications.
- Involving in maintenance of existing OLTP databases as well as designing SSIS packages for custom warehousing needs.
- Experience working on Operational data store (ODS) to perform various business operations.
- Creating SSIS packages with control flow tasks, data flow task and event-handling techniques, creating datasets in T-SQL, stored procedures for SSRS.
- Creating complex SQL stored procedures, Functions, Views, Indexes in pulling large volume of records from database.
- Designed, Build the Dimensions, Cubes with star schema and snowflake schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Involved in the SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX.
- Involved in trouble shooting and tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency using Database Tuning Advisor.
- Involved in identifying and creating data sources and data source views in SSAS.
- Created packages and scheduled it to get data from OLTP.
- Creating SSIS packages for FTP task and designing SSIS packages to extract data from XML, flat files and Excel spreadsheets.
- Developed T-SQL stored procedures using joins and unions to create crystal reports and also optimized SQL queries for efficiency and the front end developer with their queries and procedures
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data
- Creating packages by testing and cleaning the standardized data by using Data Flow Transformations for existing/new packages and huge CSV, XML file import from different data sources and other ongoing tasks for mapping.
- Created Indexes (Clustered & non-Clustered) for improvising the performance and also used SQL Profiler and Execution plan for performance Tuning.
- Support both application and development in Microsoft SQL Server and MS Access
- Designing and developing parameterized reports, linked reports, sorting reports, matrix and tabular reports with drill down option using SSRS.
- Creating and maintaining the documentation for implementation purpose and for future changes.
- Preparing reports for the day-to-day as well as weekly/monthly purposes.
- Creating jobs performance report that queries system tables to track the duration of each job and weekly-average duration using SSRS.
- Managed requests that came from the client as well as the development teams.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2008 R2, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows Server 2003, T-SQL, XML,MS Word, MS Excel, VBA, BTEQ, MS Visio, VB.NET, MS Business intelligence (BIDS) SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, Maximo.
MS SQL Server /BI Developer
- Responsible for writing T-SQL (DDL/DML) Queries, Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Triggers, created databases and tables.
- Created and deployed SSIS packages. By using conditions on precedence constraints and event handles improved the performance of these Packages.
- Responsible for Implementation of SCD type 1 and type 2 mappings using SSIS to insert/update records into remote servers DB2\Linux and DB2\Mainframes.
- Worked extensively with debugging, defect tracking and troubleshooting issues.
- Responsible for Import and export of data between the environments and Data Cleansing.
- Developed different Scripts for the Data analysts for Verification of reports.
- Developed various drill down, parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Implemented various performance tuning methods to improve the performance of queries, stored procedures and SSIS Packages.
- Created technical specification documents, DTEXEC and DTEXECUI for all SSIS Packages developed.
- Scheduled and monitored all SSIS Packages that were developed.
- Extensively used various Red gate tools like SQL compare, SQL data compare SQL packager and Source control that Keeps team in sync with easy access to the latest database version.
Environment: SQL Server 2008 r2, SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), Business Intelligence development Studio(BIDS), SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, LDAP, BCP, Red gate, SVN, Source Control(TFS).