- Over 6 years of wide - ranging experience in Database Design, Development, Implementation, Debugging and Testing of software applications to support reporting and Business Intelligence initiatives in Healthcare, Banking, Finance and Insurance industries etc.
- Good understanding of (SDLC) software development life cycle process methodologies and principles.
- Extensive experience in Programming, Development and Implementation of Client-Server Applications & Database systems using MS-SQL.
- Experience in writing functional specifications, translating business requirements to technical specifications, created/maintained/modified data base design document with detailed description of logical entities and physical tables.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL, SSRS, SSIS, OLAP, BI suite, Reporting and Analytics.
- Strong expertise in end-to-end Tableau Designer from dashboard design/development to deployment and maintenance.
- Excellent knowledge in Creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedure, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, SQL Joins, Query Writing, Data Dictionaries, Data Integrity, Cursors and Indexes.
- Experience in requirements gathering, analysis & design of ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SSRS.
- Experience in logical and physical data modeling of the database in ERWIN.
- Used SQL profiler to view indexes performance to mostly eliminate table scan.
- Highly experienced in whole cycle of DTS/SQL server integration services Packages (Developing, Deploying, Scheduling, Troubleshooting and monitoring) for performing Data transfers and ETL Purposes across different servers.
- Experience in using SSIS tools like Import and Export Wizard, Package Installation, and SSIS Package Designer.
- Experience in working/migration of data with SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) as an ETL tool for Data integration services and business applications. Creating SSIS packages using various data transformations like conditional splitting, Derived column, Fuzzy Look Up, for-each Loop, Multi-Cast, column conversion, Fuzzy Grouping.
- Extensive experience in creating ETL packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and scheduling packages, validating data using SSIS.
- Experience in importing/exporting data between different Sources like Oracle/Access/Excel etc. using SSIS/DTS utility.
- Experience in ETL processes involving migrations and in sync processes between two databases.
- Experience in creating various type of reports such as Complex drill down & drill through reports, Matrix reports, Sub reports and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) based on Relational and OLAP databases.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts and data modelers in design of logical and physical design.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Reporting Service(SSRS) with Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery and Report security.
- Experience in integrating Share Point Server with SSRS and deploying SSRS reports on to Share Point Server.
- Experience in creating packages to extract data from DB2 (AS/400), ORACLE, MS ACCESS and FLAT FILES and load it to SQL SERVER using DT/SSIS and implemented Incremental load in SSIs packages.
- Very good experience in creating, deploying SSIS Packages using Team Foundation Server 2012 and migrating SSIS packages from 2005 to 2008 and 2008 to 2012.
- Experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) and creating various types of reports like Drill Down, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart, Ad-hoc and Sub Reports.
- Experience in supporting huge databases, troubleshooting problems, and documenting root cause analysis.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler for SSIS Packages.
- Good experience in Installation, Configuration, Development, Deployment and Troubleshoot Reporting services across various environments.
- Experienced in interaction with business users to gather requirements, training and co-ordinate with them in various phases of projects to provide end-to-end solutions.
- Good team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-starter, initiative and the ability to think outside the box.
Confidential, Strongsville, OH
MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Designed and created databases, DB Objects based on the business requirements.
- Involved in gathering requirements from Business Managers there by creating tickets according to priority using Jira and worked accordingly.
- Involved in writing T-SQL stored procedures and user-defined functions and perform daily account screening.
- Created databases, tables and wrote stored procedures, cursors and various database objects.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, DTS (Data Transformation Service) packages, triggers, cursors, tables, views.
- Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed action in XML.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages which transfers the data from VSAM to SQL server instance, triggers, configuration files, tables and functions.
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views and SQL Joins and other statements to maintained referential integrity and implemented complex business logic.
- Created SSIS Package for uploads and schedules them as SQL Server Agent. Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases.
- Moved files between the File Groups and partitioned the tables to improve the performance.
- Used joins and sub queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Provided technical support to move databases from development to test and production for multiple applications.
- Created SSIS package to check XML file validation and data validation to match the requirements and created SSIS packages to transfer XML file data into SQL server database.
- Used SSIS and extract transform loading (ETL) tool of SQL Server to populate data from various data sources, creating packages for different data loading operations for application.
- Used SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting to create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Improved performance of SQL server queries using query plan, covering index, indexed views and by rebuilding and reorganizing the indexes.
- Writing the stored procedures, checking the code for efficiency, Routine backups and restoration.
- Used SQL server business Intelligence Development Studio to designs SSIS packages to transfer data between servers and deploy the data. Scheduled the job to do this task periodically.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS).
- Deploying and scheduling reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, and monthly and Quarterly Reports including current status.
- Involved in creating report datasets and using stored procedure parameters in SSRS. and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2, Microsoft Excel, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS 2012/2008, Microsoft Office, MS VISO, T-SQL, Business Intelligence Development Studio Crystal Reports XI Release, Profiler, Visual Source Safe, Microsoft TFS, BIDS, Visual Studio.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Involved in SDLC of the project from requirements gathering from Business users to perform technical design, development and testing.
- Worked extensively in writing and debugging complex stored procedures, views, triggers and user-defined functions
- Designed the Data warehouse and done the mappings from Source to the Target tables.
- Worked extensively on SSIS packages to implement the data load strategy.
- Involved in designing, developing and testing of the ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems feeds using SSIS.
- Created SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Tasketc to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Deployed SSIS packages into various Environments (Development, Test and PROD) using Deployment Utility.
- Created SQL Server jobs and scheduled them to load data periodically using SQL server Agent.
- Formatted/Generated Data to support SAP Business Objects Interface for Users to access data from Data Warehouse.
- Created and Configured Data Source & Data Source Views, Dimensions, Cubes, Measures, Partitions, KPI's & MDX Queries using SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measure groups and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP Reporting needs.
- Develop and maintain sales reporting using in MS Excel queries, SQL in Teradata, and MS Access.
- Worked with SQL queries using MS Access for data manipulations.
- Wrote T-SQL queries, Stored Procedures and used them to build packages.
- Responsible for Import and export data from various data sources like SQL Server Databases, Flat Files, MS Access, MS Excel and other OLE DB providers achieved through Importing and Export Wizard in SSIS.
- Transferred data from various OLTP data sources, such as Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, Flat Files, CSV files into SQL Server 2012.
- Generated multi parameterized reports in MS SSRS 2012 allowing users the ability to make selections before executing reports thus making them user friendly.
- Created views and Stored Procedures for generating report. Responsible for creating the reports based on the requirements using SSRS.
- Worked on several complex drill-down, parameterized reports and on reports that call sub reports using SSRS.
- Involved in Report Design and Coding for Standard Tabular type reports, including Drill down and Drill through functionality and Graphical presentations such as Charts and Dashboard type metrics using SSRS.
- Scheduled reports for daily, weekly, monthly reports for executives, Business analyst and customer representatives for various categories based on business needs.
- Optimized the queries by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Performance Tuning of Stored Procedures and SQL queries using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard in SSIS.
- Provided daily support to the user team as well as technical team for system wide tasks including monitoring, alerting and problem resolution.
- Involved in testing, bug fixing and documenting the work for the project at each and every phase.
Environment:: MS SQL Server 2012/2008/R2, DTS, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS), T-SQL, MS-Access, SQL Server Query Analyzer, ETL, Erwin, Red Gate SQL Source Control.
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer
- Worked in creating complex Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, views, joins and statements for applications. Developed complex T-SQL code for the application.
- Involved in designing the physical databases model on SQL Server 2005/2008 R2 RDBMS using different Data Definition and Data Manipulation languages (DML/DDL) implementing constraints and triggers for data integrity in development database for Warehouse system.
- Extensively used T-SQL to manipulate and architect to produce results for users.
- Performance tuning of Queries and Stored Procedures.
- Used SQL profiler to view indexes performance to mostly eliminate table scan.
- Worked with development teams in the design of physical databases and in modification.
- Creating Tabular, Matrix reports (also called as crosstab or pivot), Charts and graphs as per customer requirements Using SSRS.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Reporting Service (SSRS) with Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery and Report security.
- Created and developed query for Drill Down and AD Hoc Reports using SQL Server 2005/2008 R2 Reports Services (SSRS).
- Worked on various complex requirements of developing monitoring dashboards with multiple KPIs in Performance Point Monitoring Server 2007, Share point.
- Worked on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large-scale Data Warehouses using SSIS and DTS.
- Created SSIS process design architecting the flow of data from various sources to target.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases.
- Created SSIS Templates for developing SSIS Packages in such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Development, Testing and Production Environments.
- Developed DTS packages to copy tables, schemas and views and to extract data from Excel and Oracle using SSIS.
- Created ETL SSIS packages both design and code to process data to target databases.
- Knowledge in designing and developing Data Warehouses, Data marts and Business Intelligence using multi- dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for developing Cubes using MDX.
- Constructed OLTP and OLAP Databases.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Created calculated fields with MDX code to meet additional measures needs that are calculated from existing measures.
- Used efficient task objects/connections/work flows in packages based on data volumes and data sources.
- OLAP model based on Dimension and FACTS for efficient loads of data based on Star Schema structure on levels of reports.
- Used Notification services to generate error messages and send them to the user through e-mails, pager messages, and PDA as well as window messengers.
- Involved in project status report updates/ creation of issue items for reviews/ updates of technical and transformation files on timely basis.
- Performed efficient tuning of SQL source queries for data load/ Usage of stored procedures for performance.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2014 R2, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2012), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS 2012), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2012), Windows 2010, MS Excel, SQL Server Profiler
SQL Server, BI Developer
- Identified the data source and defined them to build the data source views.
- Responsible for transferring the data using SSIS packages.
- Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures.
- Created complex stored procedures, triggers, functions, indexes, tables, views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Implemented different types of constraints on tables.
- Administered SQL Server security, SQL Server automatic e-mail notification and SQL Server backup strategy and automation.
- Creating, loading, and modifying a new package or an existing package or add and configure components, making changes object by using control flow tools and dataflow tools and then verify it.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Designed SSIS Packages to extract, transfer, load (ETL) existing data into SQL Server from different environments for the SSAS cubes.
- Backing up master & system databases and restoring them when necessary. Supported production environment.
- Designed and applied entity and attributes description and definition for the models.
- Monitored scheduled jobs and alerts.
- Created SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2008.
- Developed Query for generating drill down reports in SSRS 2008.
- Responsible for scheduling the subscription reports with the subscription report wizard.
- Deployed the generated reports directly on the client's workstation.
- Managed index, statistics and optimizing queries by using execution plan for tuning the database.
- Generated reports using global variables, expressions and functions for the reports.
- Designed and implemented stylish report layouts.
- Identified and worked with parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS 2008.
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring performance, integrity and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler.
- Responsible for creating parameterized, cascading, configuration, drilldown, rollup reports using SSRS and deploying them into server using report builder.
Environment:: MS SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2005, SSIS/SSRS, T-SQL, VB, XML, MS Excel, MS Access, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Profiler
- Designing and implementing the module based on the business requirements given by the business analysts.
- Monitor and tune SQL scripts. Creating upgrade scripts for production database and supporting it.
- Used Visual Studio. Net to run the scripts in different environments of development databases and to check-in the scripts into VSS.
- Generating Script files of the databases whenever changes are made to stored procedures or views or any other database objects and checking the objects.
- Using Data Transformation Services (DTS) an Extract Transform Loading (ETL) tool of SQL Server to populate data from various data sources, creating packages for different data loading operations for application.
- Managing the use of disk space, memory and connections.
- Running DBCC consistency checks, and fixing data corruption in application databases.
- Installing SQL Server service packs based on the errors and flaws that are found in the application.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as tables, views, clusters, indexes, procedures, triggers & maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Server & Application fine-tuning & trouble shooting. Monitoring MS SQL Server performance and network issues.
- Extracted data from Oracle database with MS Access, and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification.
- Used DTS/SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed action in XML.
- Involved in deployment of SSRS reports on the SharePoint Portal .
- Creating user logins with appropriate roles, dropping and locking the logins, monitoring the user accounts, creation of groups.
- Helping Development Team in deploying and testing the application, which uses SQL Server as a database.
- Database and Transaction log backups & restoration, backup strategies, scheduling the backups.
- Backing up system & user databases and restoring them whenever necessary.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005 / 2000 (2003, 64 bit edition of SQL server 2000), DTS, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio, MS-Access, VB Scripts, SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Office, Excel, SSIS, SSRS.