- Detail - oriented and result-driven professional with excellent technical, analytical and communication skills demonstrated by 8 years of experience in Database Design, Programming, Development and Implementation of Client-Server Applications & Database systems using Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle databases and SQL Server BI Suite of Products SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS in various domains like Finance, Retail, Health Care and Insurance as SQL/MSBI Developer and Data Analyst.
- Good knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and Data Warehouse Concepts (OLTP & OLAP).
- Good Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Relation Database Architectures.
- Proficient in MS SQL Server suite of products like SSRS, SSIS and SSAS of MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014.
- Understand rules and regulations of HIPAA as imposed during Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Extensively worked on System analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of projects (SDLC).
- Experience in creating and maintaining database and its objects.
- Good experience in installation and upgrades of/to SQL server 2000/2005 and its service packs, database migrations, backup, recovery and maintenance of SQL Server 2005 databases in Cluster environment.
- Experienced in creating complex Stored Procedures, DTS packages, Triggers, Cursors, tables, Views, Table Partitioning and other SQL Joins and Statements.
- Strong SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 Developer Skills including writing User defined functions, Views, Query writing.
- Have experience in developing Stored Procedures for .Net applications and SQL Server Data Tools.
- Extensive knowledge on CDW, Oracle Forms and Reports.
- Built, published and customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Extensive proficiency in Excel - Pivot table, Power Query, Power View Dashboards generation and maintenance.
- Developed ETL packages to Load data from various sources to SQL server and SQL Azure.
- Good knowledge in deploying applications on Windows Azure.
- Developed Ad hoc reports using SQL, PL/SQL, and UNIX to fulfill business analysts, Operations Analysts, and Financial analyst’s data requests
- Involved in Query Optimization and Performance Tuning using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Good interaction with Business Analysts, Project managers, Operations/ process, Financial analyst and team members to coordinate job tasks.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project oriented team player with solid communication and Leadership skills to develop creative solution for challenging client needs
- Self-motivated and possess the ability for critical thinking, analysis, good interpersonal and communication skills. Team-oriented, technically motivated and creative. A Strong inclination for finishing the job before project deadline. Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/98/2000/XP/2003 Server, UNIX, and Linux.
Languages: T-SQL, CSS, HTML, XML, ASP.NET, C, C++, C#, R, Python, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Data Warehouse Tools: DTS, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), BIDS,SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Database Tuning Advisor, Analysis Manager, SQL Profiler, SQL Agent.
Databases: MS Access, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, Teradata.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Reporting Tools: Excel, Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016
Dashboards: Power Pivot, Power View, MS Power BI.
Other Tools: MS Office, Visio, MS Excel, MS-Project 2000.
- Involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process by analyzing business requirements and understanding the functional work flow of information from source systems to destination systems.
- Designed and developed SSAS Tabular Solutions and launched a series of Parameterized Dynamic Dashboards.
- Used DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for the creation of calculations and measures in the Tabular Models.
- Develop complex MDX (Multidimensional Expressions), Stored procedures, Function table and views to generate various Drill-through, Drill-down reports, with Dynamic grouping capability, Parameterized dynamic Dashboard/Scorecard and link and pass the selected parameter values it to its sub-reports using SSRS.
- Performed Negative testing and Out- of- box scenario testing based on BRD (Business requirement document) and FRD (functional requirement document).
- Installation, Upgrade and Migration of SQL Server 2014, 2012 2008 R2 and 2008
- Hands on experience working on SQL2014 Availability Group setup.
- Responsible for deployment and rollback of latest services packs and updates.
- Coordinate with Microsoft, Epic and customers to troubleshoot issues related to Always-On.
- Maintain and Manage SQL Databases including Backup, Performance Monitoring and optimization.
- Installation and Maintenance of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS (SQL Integration, Reporting and Analysis Services)
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import and export data from MS Excel, SQL Server and Flat files.
- Managed the metadata associated with the ETL processes used to populate the data warehouse using SSIS packages, extensively worked on mappings, incremental data loading, and SSIS transformations.
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and Production).
- Identified the field/column level data quality issues of the source systems to drive the data quality, data cleansing and error checking in the ETL mappings. Identify and document the source to target mapping data lineage using SSIS
- Used SSIS for (ETL) extraction, transformation and loading data from Heterogeneous source Systems.
- Used various SSIS transformations such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into Production tables.
- Used various Transformations in SSIS Dataflow, Control Flow using Containers and Fuzzy Lookups etc.
- Involved in ETL Architecture Enhancements to increase the performance using query optimizer.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Created SSIS packages for Data Conversion using data conversion transformation.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS.
- Developed logical and physical data models (using Star Schema), design data access strategies and wrote SQL code to access and manipulate data stored in relational databases.
- Configured the loading of data into slowly changing dimensions using Slowly Changing Dimension wizard.
- Developed visualizations and dashboards using Power BI and Power View.
- Experience in developing and managing reports and Dashboard using Power BI
- Coordinated with front-end for implementing logic in stored procedures and functions.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Joins, Constraints, DDL, DML and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic and also created clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Developing various reports - Drill Down, Cascading, Drill through, Parameterized, Sub-reports and Charts using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using SSRS.
- Deployed and generated reports on to the server using the Reporting Services Report Manager.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2005 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Data Tools, Visual Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), TSQL, C#, .Net framework, XML, MS Visual Source Safe and Windows Server 2012, Power BI, Agile, Excel, Power View, Power Pivot.
SQL BI DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Performed DTS for data transfer from Oracle, FTP, MS Excel and text file to SQL Server 2012.
- Developed several stored procedures to handle large amount of data manipulation.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) packages.
- Created ETL packages using SSIS to extract data from different data sources, reformats the data and load the reformatted data into destination tables.
- Responsible for transferring the data using SSIS packages from excel/flat file sources to database.
- Published migrated data using SSIS, DTS Wizard (Data Transformation Service) Tool through data flow tasks, look up transformations and script tasks.
- Responsible for scheduling jobs, Altering and maintaining SSIS packages as per schedule.
- Used Team Foundation Server ( TFS ) for version control, source control, reporting and to maintain the SSIS packages.
- Experience in SSIS script task, look up transformations and data flow tasks using T- SQL and Visual Basic (VB) scripts.
- Created indexes both non-clustered and clustered indexes in order to maximize the query performance.
- Modified queries and stored procedures to improve the performance.
- Involved in creating Cubes and Tabular models using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experienced in Data Marts, Data Warehousing, OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snowflake Modeling and Dimensions tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Designed Dimensional Modeling using SSAS packages for End-User.
- Setup SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)to integrate with Team Foundation Server(TFS)to develop/build/deploy reports using TFS 2012.
- Created various types of reports such as sub reports, parameterized, Tablix and Matrix by usingSSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Modify the existing reports by adding new logic and deleting existing logic as the line of Business changes periodically.
- Developed, Prepared Unit Test documents for all SSRS reports.
- Generated on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SSRS.
Environment: :MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2, Windows Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Crystal Reports, T-SQL, VB.Net, Visual Studio 2012, TFS, DTS Wizard, TOAD and MS Excel.
SQL BI DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Migrated data from Heterogeneous Data Sources and legacy system (DB2, Access, Excel) to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to overcome transformation constraints.
- Worked on T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Used SSIS jobs for importing data from the flat files that brings the data to the application tables.
- Created SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Tasketc to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Scheduled Cube Processing from Staging Database Tables using SQL Server Agent in SSAS.
- Created the Dimensional & Relational Models for various databases for monitoring tools, created database, SSIS standards of development, configuration & deployment of the Packages.
- Have created Star and Snowflake Schemas in SSAS
- Developed calculated members and MDX expressions for specific OLAP reporting requirements.
- Created reports by dragging data from cube and wrote MDX scripts in SSRS.
- Generated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 from OLTP and OLAP data sources.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau
- Good knowledge in deploying applications on Windows Azure.
- Designed, Developed & maintained databases on Microsoft’s cloud computing platform of SQL Azure.
- Working with team of developers to design, develop and implement a BI solution for Sales, Product and Customer KPIs.
- Generate KPI for customer satisfaction survey results.
- Prototyped Data visualizations using Charts, Drill-down, Parameterized controls using Tableau to highlight the value of analytics
- In client application, have issued DAX queries in Power View.
- Made use of DAX to access data directly from a tabular database, by creating them in other client applications.
- Designed and deployed report with Drill Down, Drill Through, Dropdown menu option, Parameterized and Linked reports.
- Worked on deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS as well as Triggers to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Prepared the Layouts by placing the fields to the appropriate place according to the requirement of the final Report.
- Used Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler and SQL Query analyzer for Performance Tuning.
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2/2005 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Data Tools, Visual Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), TSQL, C#, .Net framework, XML, MS Visual Source Safe and Windows Server 2008,Power BI, Power View and PowerPivot.
- Analyzed business requirements and build logical data models that describe all the data and relationships between the data.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in SQL Server 2008.
- Validated change requests and made appropriate recommendations.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 as SSIS Packages.
- Promoted database objects from test/develop to production. Coordinated and communicated production schedules within development team.
- Modified database structures as directed by developers for test/develop environments and assist with coding, design and performance tuning.
- Managed user access. Created and managed new security accounts.
- Involved in the process of Backup and restore databases.
- Developed and implemented database and coding standards, improving performance and maintainability of corporate databases.
- Used SQL Profiler to debug T-SQL and slow running queries.
- Created the DTS Package through ETL Process to vendors in which records were extracts from Flat file and Excel sources and loaded daily at the server.
- Updated the statistics info for both the old and new servers.
- Assisted with various ad hoc query requests.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005, Windows Server 2008, MS-SQL Server Integration Services, T-SQL, Data Transformation Service (DTS), SQL Profiler, and MS-Office.
Jr. MS SQL DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Created tables, views, indexes based on the requirements.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to retrieve information from the databases depending on the requirement.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC, and gathered business requirements from business people.
- Created complex T-SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Tables, Indexes and Views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Worked extensively on DTS Package designs for Import/Export from various Data Sources.
- Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL queries and PL-SQL blocks.
- Involved in Physical and Logical design of the databases.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links, formatted the results into reports, and kept logs.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures.
- Maintained Client relationship by communicating daily statuses and weekly reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Windows Server 2003, T-SQL, PL-SQL, DTS, MS-Office, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer.