- Overall 6+ years of experience in MS SQL Server implementation, maintenance, administration and 24x7 support in clustred and standalone environment.
- Planned, designed and deployed SQL server in a production, development and UAT environments.
- Standardized and automated SQL Server installation, deployed new databases and database changes to production servers.
- Experienced in the Upgrade/Migration of MS SQL Server 20 R2 to MS SQL Server 2012 and 2014.
- Centeralized the management of SQL Servers using linked server technology.
- Experienced in installation and configuration of SSIS, SSAS and SSRS in data warehouse and business intelligence environment.
- Responsible for securing SQL Server, user management, assigning permissions and roles.
- Experienced in monitoring the health and performance of SQL servers as well as home grown applications using SQL Server native tools and third - party solutions.
- Experienced in handling and troubleshooting SQL Server related hardware, software and performance issues and providing lasting solution.
- Automated SQL Server Database maintenance activities including, backup, index rebuild, integrity check.
- Automated SQL server error log alerts.
- Expert in implementing SQL Server failover clustering, database Mirroring, alwayson as high availability solution.
- Implemented solid backup and restoration strategy for disaster recovery
- Experienced in resolving SQL Server performance issue using Microsoft native and third-party tools.
- Expert in implementing Log shipping and Replication for load balancing
- Experienced inT-SQL scripting and creating triggers, store procedure and functions.
- Experienced developing, deploying and troubleshooting SSIS packages.
- Expert level of knowledge in relational database management system, including data normalization, logical design and physical design.
- Able to benchmark and load test new instance builds for performance with DB load simulators.
- Experienced in VMware virtualization, Hyper-v, Hardware/Software Clustering, RAID and SAN/NAS technology.
- Knowledge of windows server administration including active directory and domain controller.
Languages: T-SQL Scripting, Powershell Scripting
Backup Software: SQLBackup, LiteSpeed and RedGate
RDBMS & Tools: SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012 and 2014, SQL Export/Import, servers and VMware, Hyper-V Virtualization
MS SQL Server: Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, ETL, SSMSETL Tools SSIS, BI (BIDS/SSDT)
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Visual Studio.NET, Window Server 2008/12, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
SQL Server DBA
- Administered over 15 Terabytes of data across 100+ MS SQL servers in production, test, and development environment including multiple clustered servers.
- Responsible for installing and configuring MS SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2014 and applying service packs and security fixes on these MS SQL Servers.
- Upgraded and migrated and managed MS SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS and SSIS.
- Reviewed, implemented and released new database and database changes as submitted by the development and project team.
- Designed and implemented Database High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) in multiple data centers.
- Conducted regular database backup and restoration operations.
- Designed and implemented database architecture, stored procedures, jobs and triggers for automating tasks.
- Managed hundreds of databases on large systems with Microsoft clusters, Data Mirroring, Replication, Database Partitioning and Advanced Compression, Central Management Services and Policy Based Management.
- Monitored system, managed performance and conducted tuning operation to optimize and enhance database performance, utilized third party monitoring tools such as Spectrum and Foglight
- Generated server and database level performance reports and health statistic
- Applied hot fix and patches to resolve known problem or follow best practices.
- Designed and implemented ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) packages.
- Experience in the Agile software development process including working with the business to prioritize requirements into logical and manageable groups for rapid intake into the Agile development process, based on development resource capacity.
SQL Server DBA
- Responsible for installing and maintaining SQL Server database systems. Maintaining the database systems includes successful backups, resolving system issues, opening cases with technical support to resolve issues, monitoring success and failure of automated jobs, monitor system availability, updating system documentation, system and database recovery
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Failover clusters.
- Responsible for providing SQL Server problem resolution and 24x7 production support and server outages.
- Responsible for installing and configuring MS SQL Server, applying service packs and security fixes.
- Responsible for large scale database migrations from SQL server 2005 to SQL server 2008 R2 and SQL server 2012 and SQL server 2014.
- Created automation of day to day operations, critical SQL server alerts and repetitive tasks.
- Monitored the health and performance of SQL OS, server instances and home-grown applications using Extended Events, SQL server Profiler, PerfMon and other third-party tools.
- Tested newly built servers for performance impact with DB load simulators.
- Setup and maintained SQL Sever Clustering, Mirroring and Replication and Log Shipping between various environments.
- Created necessary T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, tables, views, functions, triggers and indexes.
- Operated and oversaw database and log backups and restoration, planning backup strategies, and scheduling.
- Optimized database Indexes, adding/deleting them when necessary for better performance.
- Responsible for Installing, configuring and maintaining SQL failover clustering for production environments.
- Involved in improving database performance using Extended Events, SQL Profiler, Trace Flags, Execution plan and DTA and third-party tools.
- Worked with installation, configuration and creation of SSRS.
- Responsible for securing SQL Server, user management, and taking care of permissions and roles.
Jr. SQL Server Database Administrator
- Installed and configured SQLServer2012/SQLServer2008 R2/ SQLServer2008 with backup jobs, database mail and configuration options.
- Upgraded SQL Servers with latest service packs.
- Migrated SQL Server databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Created, administered & maintained SQL Server Databases on Production, Test and Staging for various groups and ensured the availability of the database Servers.
- Configured and maintained transactional replication for flow of data from QA and Dev. Server to the replica servers.
- Monitored data activities like database status, logs, space utilization, locks and long transactions.
- Implemented SQL standards in writing stored procedures, Triggers, Views, SQL functions.
- Worked with developers to optimize the code if required to minimize the duration and look if the indexes were used appropriately.
- Involved in resolving deadlock and blocking issues for concurrent users.
- Provided appropriate access to users except system databases owners.
- Refreshed databases for pre- or post-data loads activities.
- Supported SQL server developers working on different projects with various requests.
- Converted and redesigned existing DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Developed SSIS packages to import and export data from existing systems to upgraded system.
- Used database utility programs and 3rd party utilities to monitor database performance, such as Blocking, expensive queries, Memory utilization.