- MBA in Systems/IT and Oracle certified professional with over 10 years of work experience in IT.
- Experience in Installation & managing large Oracle db (9i,10g,11g,12c) on various platforms.
- Applying patch sets and routine security patches, Security administration and user management.
- Performance tuning using AWR and ADDM, Execution Plan, Hints and Index.
- Automation of database daily housekeeping jobs through PL - SQL and UNIX shell scripting.
- Installation, configuration, and administration of Data guard, Golden Gate, RAC and OEM.
- Hands on experience with databases including Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and Sql Server, MySQL involving db programming with stored procedures, triggers, functions, indexes, and packages.
- Experience in using EC2 and RDS instances in AWS cloud
- Sql Server DBA and Developer worked with TSQL, db backup and restoration, session monitoring.
- MySQL Installation on Linux, administration, backup, recovery, designing, and troubleshooting.
- MySQL processes, security management and queries optimization.
- Data migration between Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL with Flat and CSV files.
- Developed and maintained Informatica ETL mappings to extract the data from multiple source systems like Oracle, SQL server and Flat files and loaded into Oracle.
- Programming experience in UNIX Shell Script.
- Worked in Agile environments with Scrum and Kanban and used Agile testing practices
- Worked with Project and Defect management tools such as Rally, JIRA and HP Quality Center
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly understand client’s business needs.
- Research-oriented, motivated, proactive, self-starter with strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, VB, Unix Shell and Korn Script, Windows batch script, Windows Powershell.
Database Utilities: GoldenGate, RAC, Dataguard, OEM, RMAN, Datapump, Streams, Embarcadero, ASM, MySQL Enterprise backup, Sqldump
Tools: Putty, WinSCP, VNC viewer, Toad, SQL Developer, PowerBuilder9, Autosys, HPQualityCenter, Jira, Rally, Informatica, Workbench, MonYog, Nagios, PHPAdmin, BMC Patrol
RDBMS: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, SQL Server 2012 & 2014, MySQL 5.5 & 5.6, MS Access
Operating Systems: RHEL, Linux, UNIX, AIX, Windows 2000/XP/2008/2010
Confidential,Hunt Valley, MD
Senior Database AdministratorResponsibilities:
- Supporting 24x7 for over 200 Oracle databases on Exadata and non-Exadata platforms.
- Installation of Oracle Database and client software's as per application requirement.
- Tune databases, applications, monitor performance of database servers, related processes CPU, memory, storage, and network.
- Through knowledge of Oracle tools like OEM, RMAN, SQL Loader, AWR, ASH, ADDM, Flashback, SQL trace to perform daily jobs.
- Standby DB creation using Data Guard as per requirement for high availability.
- Upgrade 11g databases to 12c. Database refresh activities as per requirements.
- Clone databases from PROD to Dev/Test databases, RAC to NONRAC.
- Database Performance Tuning SQL Tuning for required applications.
- Automating data movement activities with Exp/Imp, Datapump, ETL techniques and Autosys.
- Providing DBA support to development teams and production support to the application.
- Develop and maintain backup and recovery strategy to provide reliable database as per database downtime and transactions.
- Space management & optimization space usage with Compression and Defragmentation.
- Develop UNIX shell scripts, Batch scripts, SQLs, PL/SQL procedures, functions, packages and triggers to support and automate repetitive task.
Environment: RHEL, Unix, AIX, Oracle 11g, 12c, OEM 13c, RMAN, RAC, Datapump, Putty, ETL, SQL Tuning, PLSQL, ASM, Exadata & vncserver.
Senior Oracle DBAResponsibilities:
- Installation and managing of Oracle 11g Databases on Linux and Windows environment.
- Planning and implementing the Backup strategy using Logical backups, Cold backups, Hot backups, and RMAN database backup.
- Database refresh with Oracle utilities like SQL*Loader, Export/Import, RMAN and DataPump.
- Data movement activities across database versions and platforms.
- Incident handling from different databases and Applications.
- Monitoring of standby db and Golden Gate for ensuring business continuity & fixing lag issues.
- Support for Oracle streams, Golden Gate, Dataguard.
- Performance tuning with help of ADDM and ADDR reports.
- Identifying and fixing various ORA errors and raising SR to the Oracle support team as required.
Environment: RHEL, Unix Oracle 11g, RMAN, Datapump, Goldengate, Putty, SQL Tuning, ASM, BMC patrol
Oracle and MySQL Database administratorResponsibilities:
- Installation and configuration of Oracle ASM and non-ASM Databases (9i, 10g, 11g) on Linux.
- Managing Oracle RDS cloud Instances.
- Up gradation of databases applying patches, patch sets
- Implementing RMAN backup, Monitoring and Fixing Backup failures.
- Apply bug fix patch in production and Non-production databases.
- Up-gradation of Oracle 188.8.131.52 later to 11R2 for production and non-production environments.
- Identifying Database performance issues and fixing them with help of AWR and ADDM reports.
- Ad-hoc Tasks (Collecting job listing / Assist AD team / Adhoc monitoring).
- Configuring of Oracle Streams and monitoring replication.
- PL-SQL coding and ETL with Oracle utilities like SQL*Loader, External tables.
- Involved in gathering and analyzing the requirements and preparing business rules.
- Designed and developed complex mappings by using Lookup, Expression, Update, Sequence generator, Aggregator, Router, Stored Procedure, etc., transformations to implement complex logics while coding a mapping.
- Worked with Informatica power center Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager.
- Developed and maintained ETL (Extract, Transformation and Loading) mappings to extract the data from multiple source systems like Oracle, SQL server and Flat files and loaded into Oracle.
- Developed Informatica Workflows, Tasks and sessions associated with the mappings using Workflow Manager.
- Involved in debugging Informatica mappings, testing of Stored Procedures and Functions.
- Perform MySQL Installation, databases design, configuration, backup, recovery, security, schema changes and tuning.
- MySQL backups using mysqldump and MySQL Enterprise Backup.
- Troubleshooting and fine-tuning of MySQL databases for its performance and concurrency
- MySQL processes, security management and queries optimization.
- User, privileges, security and database objects management with Workbench.
- Performed MySQL Replication, administration and monitoring with Monyog and Nagios.
- Load FLAT/CSV files to MySQL database using LOAD Data in file.
- Assisted in designing, capacity planning, and security and accessibility functions of databases
- Resolved database related problems by troubleshooting and evaluation of database events.
Environment: RHEL, Unix, Windows, AWS RDS, Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, RMAN, RAC, Datapump, Streams, MySQL5.5/5.6, MySQL Enterprise backup, MonYog, sqldump, Workbench, PHPAdmin, Putty, ETL, Informatica, SQL Tuning, PLSQL, Vncserver, WinSCP.
- Automating backup jobs using shell scripting
- Progress Database Support on MFG/PRO ERP environment
- Dump/Load of Production databases
Environment: RHEL, Unix, Shell scripting, Progress database.