- 5 years of strong experience in the IT industry as a MS SQL Server Developer include experience in design, development, implementation and administration of database systems using MS - SQL Server 2016/ 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008 for both OLTP & Data Warehousing Systems applications with various business domains like Financial, pharmaceutical and manufacturing.
- Experienced in whole cycle of DTS/SQL Server Integration services Packages (Developing, Deploying, Scheduling, Troubleshooting and monitoring) for performing Data transfers and ETL purposes across different servers.
- Worked on automating the SSRS work flows as per the day to day transactions.
- Strong knowledge in creating Indexes, Views, Triggers, Common Table Expressions(CTE), effective functions, and appropriate Stored Procedures to facilitate data manipulation and data consistency.
- Conversant with various phases of Software Development life cycle (SDLC) including development, designing, analysis, coding, testing and implementation
- Experience in creating master and child packages, package configurations and logging Using SSIS.
- Worked with Flat file, Excel file, and SQL server OLEDB destinations for loading data.
- Hands on experience in Creating Star Schema and Snow Flake Schemas.
- Experience with logical and physical data modeling, FACT and Dimensional tables and database design using Data Modeling Tools like MS access and Microsoft Visio.
- Experience in Implementation of Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) platforms including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Working experience in Oracle (10g,11g), SQL, PL/SQL, Packages and Dynamic SQL.
- Supported team in resolving SQL Reporting services and T-SQL related issues and Proficiency in creating different types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Top N, Summary, Form, OLAP and Sub reports, and formatting them.
- Strong experience working with BCP, DTS, SSIS package, creating jobs and linked servers for MS SQL Server/Oracle/Sybase databases.
- Expert in using tools like MS SQL Profiler, Index tuning wizard, Windows performance for monitoring and tuning SQL server performance.
- Highly Proficient in developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)/DTS data into the Data warehouse from Heterogeneous data sources such as Oracle, DB2, MS Excel, MS Access, CSV, Oracle, flat file.
- Worked extensively with ADO.NET objects such as Data Adapter, Dataset, and Data Reader to interact with databases like SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 8/9i/10G, and Expertise in Database design (RDBMS), programming, implementation and development using MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 .
- Experience with Fragmentation and Query analyzer for SQL Server and experience with Database Tuning Advisor and SQL Profiler for tracing, auditing and Performance Tuning.
- Experience in SVN version control system.
- Able to create and deploy MDX and DAX queries.
- Excellent experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple tables inner and outer joins.
- Good knowledge in writing scripts in C#.
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2005/2008/2012 .
- Experience in managing and automating control flow, data flow, events and logging programmatically using Microsoft .NET framework for SSIS packages.
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication skills and strong in Documentation.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project oriented with excellent communication and leadership skills to develop creative solution for challenging client needs.
DATABASE PLATFORMS: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2014 , SQL Server 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, MySQL, ETL, DB2, Sybase 15/12.5, MS Access, Oracle10g.
DATABASE TOOLS: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio, DTS, ODBC, BCP, Autosys Jil, Sybase.
DATABASE OBJETS: Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Constraints, SSIS/PL/SQL packages, Indexes, Transactions, Complex Queries
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C#/C++, Excel, HTML, XML, Python and PHP Script, Core java.
ETL TOOLS: SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), Data Transformation Services(DTS), Import and Export Data, Bulk Insert, BCP, SharePoint.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7, Linux
REPORTING/DESIGNING TOOLS: SSRS, Toad Data Modeler, Visio 2000 and Photoshop5.5
Hadoop Stack: HDFS, YARN, PIG, Hive, Flume, Sqoop.
- Developed end-to-end ETL using T-SQL, Stored Procedures, complex queries and SSIS C# scripted error handling mechanism.
- Maintained SQL scripts indexes and complex queries for analysis and extraction.
- Imported client data and set up databases based on load and program requirements.
- Implemented new features in SQL Server 2008 like Policy based Management, Table Compression, Backup Compression, SQL Server Auditing, Resource Governor and Merge statement in T-SQL.
- Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Involved in gathering requirements from Business Users, Analysts by scheduling meeting at regular basis.
- Created SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2012.Identified the data source and defined them to build the data source views.
- Involved in debugging Reports and deploying Reports.
- Scheduled the Reports to run automatically.
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) development using SQL Server 2008, SQL 2012 Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements with error handling.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2014 as SSIS Packages.
- Created/Updated Views, Stored Procedure, Triggers, User Defined Functions (UDF) and Scripts using T-SQL Code.
- Create advanced SQL and PL/SQL reports, extracts, and queries in an Oracle Database.
- Generated parameterized reports, sub reports, tabular reports using SSRS 2008R2.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008R2.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Cross-tab, Conditional, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and parameterized reports using SSRS 2012.
- Experience in moving the data from heterogeneous data sources like oracle, xml etc. to SQL using SSIS.
- Hands on experience in using different transformations like fuzzy lookup, derived column transformation etc. using SSIS.
- Expert in creating, configuring, and fine-tuning ETL workflows designed in DTS and SSIS.
- Created SSIS package to extract data from OLTP to OLAP and scheduled jobs to call the packages and stored procedures.
- Applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension(SCD), Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional split, Derived column etc.
- Developed complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Developed Analysis Services Project. Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading DTS to SSIS. Responsible for identifying and defining Data Source and Data Source views. Created cubes and defined the dimensions.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse which encompasses server name, database name, accounts, tables and direction of data flow, Column Mapping, Data dictionary and Metadata.
- Created Informatica mappings with T-SQL procedures to build business rules to load data.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Used Performance Point Server to create interactive reports with an ability to drill down into details.
- Used ADO.NET components like Data Adapter, Data Reader and Data Set to retrieve the data. Used .Net Validation controls for client side validation.
- Wrote T-SQL procedures to generate DML scripts that modified database objects dynamically based on user inputs.
- Create and optimize complex T-SQL queries and stored procedures to encapsulate reporting logic
- Experience in Performance Point Server powerful visualization tools, including the Decomposition Tree, Perspective View and Performance Map, to drill down, cross drill, pivot, chart, and investigate data.
- Created SSIS packages to migrate data from Oracle DB to SQL Server 2008R2.
- Involved in Data migration (Import & Export using BCP) from text to SQL Server2008.
- Involved in Creating Stored Procedures for Reports generation.
- Performed Documentation for all kinds of reports and DTS and SSIS packages.
- Designed and implemented stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Created Parameterized, Cascaded, Drill-down, Cross-tab and Drill-through Reports using SSRS.
- Maintained the table performance by following the tuning tips like normalization, creating indexes and collect statistics.
- Tested applications for performance, data integrity and validation issues.
Environment: Environment: SQL Server 20142012/2008 R2, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MDX, OLAP, XML, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS Access 2007/2003 & UNIX, .NET, C#, Agile Programming, Oracle.
SQL/ ETL Developer
- Involved in the complete SDLC including Requirement Specifications, Analysis, Design, Development, & Testing of application.
- Designed and built server tables, views and stored procedures using SQL Server.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in T-SQL, queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes where ever necessary.
- Worked on SCD-2(Slowly Changing Dimensions) implementation for customer and products.
- Designed packages for SCD-1 and SCD-3 implementation based on business requirements.
- Involved in creating SSRS reports from Different Databases like Oracle, Hyperion and SQL Server.
- Involved in Database modeling, ETL and creation of analytical processes, responsible for translating the Business requirements into technical specifications in business intelligence development studio(BIDS).
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of T-SQL.
- Created stored procedures to transform the data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data.
- Worked on configuring and deploying SSRS reports onto Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
- Experience of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Experience in using XMLA protocol for SQL Server Analysis Services 2008 for interaction between client application and instance of Analysis Services.
- Designed & Developed multi-threaded SQL CLR SP's Services to execute Data Load Task and basket creation process.
- Designed and developed packages for data warehouse using Integration services (SSIS) in BIDS.
- Regular responsibilities for updating and staging the dimensional databases as well as rebuild the Dimensions and cubes in Analysis Services.
- Created SSRS Report Model Projects in BI studio and created, modified and managed various report models with multiple model objects, source fields and expressions.
- Worked on different Tools in MS e.g. Powershell.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP with the help of SSIS.
- Deployed SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent in BIDS.
- Worked in Agile Scrum Methodology with daily stand up meetings and great knowledge in TFS (Team Foundation Server) 2010.
- Created complex reports and charts to produce the amount of repossessions.
- Created OLAP models based on Dimensions and Facts for efficient loads of data.
- Enhanced the functionality in database and data warehousing concepts (OLAP, OLTP) Cube by creating KPI, Actions and Perspective using SQL Server Analysis Services 2008(SSAS).
- Worked with T-SQL to create Tables, Views, and triggers and stored Procedures.
- Used C# scripts in SSIS script task to run custom scripts in package flow.
- Deployed and uploaded the SSRS reports to SharePoint Server for the end users and involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Scheduled and monitored the regular jobs and ETL packages, Used ADO.net connection, .net and C# code in SSIS Script task.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2 Enterprise Edition, DTS packages, Visual studio 2012/2010, SSAS, SSIS, T-SQL, SSRS,.NET,TFS,ERWIN, Oracle 9i/10g, Agile.
Mid-Level SQL/ETL Developer
- Created logical models using Erwin; generated and maintained databases schemas.
- Extensively involved in designing the SSIS packages to export data of flat file source to SQL Server database.
- Involved in creating SSIS jobs to automate the reports generation, cube refresh packages.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP with the help of SSIS.
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) development using SQL Server 2008 Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements with error handling.
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2008.
- Involved in creating Tablix Reports, Matrix Reports, Parameterized Reports, Sub reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008.
- Enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Created Drill-down, Drill-through and Sub-Report using RDL. Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server.
- Developed the chart type, Tablix, matrix reports in SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) like enrollment status, Financial Aid, Degree Objective from the OLAP system.
- Used performance Point Services, SSRS, excel as the reporting tools.
- Wrote the expressions in SSRS wherever necessary.
- Created reports with different features like drill through capabilities jump to another report, use of pie charts and bar charts.
- Developed dashboard reports using Reporting Services, Report Model and ad-hoc reporting using Report Builder.
- Involved in modifying report content and exporting reports in multiple formats based on the business requirements.
- Designed and implemented Parameterized and cascading reports using SSRS 2008.
- Developed data model based on the BA's and the reporting Team using SSAS, SSRS.
- Created derived columns on the final fact and dimension tables as per the business requirements.
- Understanding the OLAP processing for changing and maintaining multi-dimensional data warehousing, Optimizing Dimensions, Hierarchies and adding aggregations to the OLAP Cubes.
- Created Analytical reports by PROCLARITY tool.
- Played a major role in production support of SSAS (cube refresh), SSIS jobs.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005 Enterprise Edition, SQL BI Suite (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), VB Script, Enterprise manager, XML, MS PowerPoint, OLAP, OLTP, MDX, MOSS 2007, MS Project, MS Access 2008 & Windows Server 2008, Oracle.
- Extract, Transform and Load using SSIS and T-SQL Stored Procedures.
- Extracted data from Oracle (Claims DB) and migrated into SQL Server 2005 using SSIS.
- Captured table join blind spots effects from existing reports and databases.
- Used dimensional conformance strategies for efficient loss ratio reports.
- Performance tuning of Queries and Stored Procedures.
- Build the Dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Developed Data Warehouse is using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Implemented checkpoint mechanism, SSIS Package Optimizations, Error handling and logging as part of fast development.
- Implemented various levels of Transaction Support and Dynamism.
- Wrote complex SQL against data store for validating the report accuracy and in helping the QA team with testing strategy.
- Deployed and managed SSIS packages using Package deployment, Import/Export, Scheduling, Configuration modifications and Backup.
- Designed, developed & tested the fact table partition strategy to minimize performance impact due to additional history data in the fact tables.
- Design, development & testing of all Oracle PL and SQL stored procedures to improve performance Designed the deployment plan to rollout the data warehouse to production.
- Created the migration documents and migrated the code to the production environment.