- 5 years of experience i n ga t he ri ng B usi n es s Requ i r em en ts, A n al y s i s, Des i g n, Dev el o pm en t,T es ti ng, Im pl em en tati on san dDoc um en tat i onofv ario usf un c ti on a li t i esofB us i ne s sIn t el l i ge nc e.
- Extensive Tableau Experience in Enterprise Environment and Tableau Administrator.
- Experience including technical support, troubleshooting, report design and monitoring of system usage.
- In - depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau.
- Generation of Dashboards with Quick filters, calculated fields, Groups, Parameters and Sets to handle views more efficiently in Tableau.
- Building and publishing Tableau reports utilizing complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters, parameters.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions 8.1/9.0.
- Experience including customization of tool bars in Cognos connection and made documentation to all sorting techniques, locked headers and locked columns.
- Worked on creating and analyzing the complex reports like Cross tab, drill-thru reports.
- Created multiple page reports with page-break based on the first page of report using master-detail relationship.
- Createdlist reports, cross-tab reports and chart reports using underlying multiple query structure by using filters, calculations, complex expressions, and conditional formatting.
- Created Dashboard reports by translating data into visually rich presentations using different types of charts, and other graphical elements to show multiple results together.
- Applied different functionalities like filters, prompts for Cognos reports to retrieve relevant data.
- ConstructedConditionalDrill through, Drill through and Master-detail reports using parameterized filters in Report Studio.
- Created Prompts like value, Date, time and cascading prompts
- Developed various standard reports like list reports, cross tab reports.
- Extensive experience in developing reports using prompts like value prompt and Tree prompts.
- Rich experience in writing SQL Queries.
- Involved in designing database, tables, ER diagrams and building table relationships.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools, worked with high volume databases with partitioned data.
BI Tools: Tableau 8.x/9.x, Cognos, MicroStrategy, MS Sharepoint, SSRS
ETL Tools: Informatica, Data Stage, Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Services(SSIS)
Requirements Management: Requisite Pro, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint Excel)
Front End Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Visible Analyst
Databases: Teradata 13.10, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 etc
Document management: Visual Source Safe 6.0, Share point, Ultra Edit, Documentum
Programming Languages: C, C++, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, XML
Data modeling: Power Designer, MS Visio
Operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 7, Vista, XP/2007, Windows Server 2008
Confidential, Redwood city, CA
- Analyzing the large sets of data using various techniques such as quantitative analysis, advanced analytics and statistical modeling to find solutions.
- Developing predictive statistical models using statistical analysis and other predictive modeling techniques.
- As a Tableau Developer, using Tableau for Data Analysis, Digging the data for source, systems analysis and deeply diving the data for Predictive findings and for various data Analysis.
- Analyzing the data of patterns, trends and fashions of various KPIs, Measures using various graphs, charts, pivot tables.
- Worked across departments to identify and understand key business questions, and standardize key metrics and measure.
- Analyzed and gained understanding of the underlying data and generated tableau dashboards with forecast and reference lines.
- Worked with clients to better understand their reporting and dash boarding needs and present solutions using structured Waterfall and Agile project methodology approach.
- Act as Tableau Developer (for designing and developing, proto typing the various dashboards using tableau desktop. Also involved extensively for building the dashboards such as creating Tableau Extracts, Refreshing extracts, Tableau Layout designing, Tableau Work Sheet Actions, Tableau Functions, Tableau Connectors (Live and Extract), Dashboard color coding, formatting and report operations (sorting, filtering (Quick Filters, Cascading filters, context Filters), ranking, Top-N Analysis, hierarchies).
- Involved in creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Demo of Tableau dashboard to users to enhance their knowledge on all the key capabilities of application.
- Build interactive Tableau dashboards and publish Tableau reports utilizing parameters, calculated fields and table calculations, user filters, action filters and sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Created Actions, Parameters, Filters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau.
- Worked on querying data and creating on-demand reports using Tableau Desktop and publish the same to Server.
Environment: Tableau 9.x/8.x (Desktop/ Server), MS SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, MS Visual Studio 2010, Oracle 10g, Erwin.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Developed business process and technical design documentation for each reporting service developed in this project.
- Generated Test Cases for each specification in Requirement Specification Document corresponding to each module.
- Created Complex workbooks and Dashboards by connecting to multiple data source (Teradata) using data blending.
- Working with Business Teams to gather requirements and assist them in UAT process.
- Experience writing Custom SQL queries for Complex Tableau Reporting.
- Developed Complex Reporting involving Sales Hierarchy Roles viewing the same Report restricting their data access.
- Experience with Scheduling Tableau Extracts, working with Multiple Data sources using Data Joining and Data Blending.
- Created worksheets and dashboards by using custom queries and multiple tables.
- Created Data Connections, published on Tableau Server for usage with operational/Monitoring Dashboards.
- Good knowledge of Tableau Admin activities like Security, Debug user level access, Scheduling, Subscriptions and User Security.
- Built Complex Data Functions in Tableau Calculated Fields using Parameters and Sets.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Built complex formulas in Tableau for various business calculations.
- Administered and provided production support for Enterprise wide Tableau applicationconsisting of multiple key functional business domains.
- Created various complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic.
- Identify KPI for Requirements, documentation and Review.
- Created side by side bars, Scatter Plots, Stacked Bars, Heat Maps, Filled Maps and Symbol Maps according to deliverable specifications.
- Applied the actions in the work sheets and dashboards.
- Created extensive custom joins for blending data from several different data sources.
- Developed complex calculated fields for the business logic, field actions, sets and parameters to include various filtering capabilities for the dashboards, and to provide drill down features for the detailed reports.
Environment: Tableau 8.x (Desktop/ Server),SQL Server 2005/2008 R2, MS Access
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Worked extensively in creating dashboards using Tableau that includes tools like Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server in various versions of Tableau.
- Involved in the administration of Tableau server like installations, upgrades, user, user groups creation and setting up security features
- Generated reports using SQL queries in Tableau and published them to users in online through Tableau server.
- Creates Users, User Groups and Projects through Tableau Server Web and assigned roles and permissions for Tableau Users Hold responsibility for integration points and the order in which these must be executed.
- Built compelling, interactive dashboards in Tableau that answer key business questions.
- Audits the datasets and data analyzed as required ensuring their continuity, accuracy and consistency.
- Perform administrative and support activities across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance.
- Involved in generating Daily/Weekly Sales & Finance trending reports using Tableau by identifying the dimensions, measures, measure values and level of details for Business Analytics & Top Executives to give an overview current Trends
- Worked on Charts and Drill down analysis using tableau desktop
- Involved in publishing of various kinds of live, interactive data visualizations, dashboards, reports and workbooks from Tableau Desktop to Tableau servers
- Identified the factors involving the performance of the reports and coordinated in creation of indexes, statistics to improve the query turnaround time efficiently.
- Worked on creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks
- Configured User row level security for data in the Dashboard.
Environment: Tableau Desktop/Tableau server, Google Analytics, SQL developer, SQL 2008, Oracle, MS Access, Windows 2007 server.