- Over 22 years of Database and Process Design in different programming environments and Database BI Platforms
- Over 12 year of MS SQL basic administration; more than 10 years of Development and maintenance of Stored Procedures (PL), Triggers and Queries under Informix (Unix), MS SQL and Sybase.
- Over 8 years working on EssBase 7/11, using EAS for maintenance on Outlines, Rule Files, Calscripts, MaxL, Filters and Security Groups.
- 8 years as EssBase advanced user interaction and design/modify hierarchy with EAS Console and API programming.
- Strong experience in full implementation cycles of Hyperion financial management products for global corporations (Business Analysis, Requirement Gathering through workshops, Architecture and Design of applications, development, UAT, end user training, production go - live and support).
- Experience in Creating, Maintaining, and supporting all application objects including Outlines, calculation scripts, Rules files for dimension builds and data loads, and Security objects through both EssBase Administration Services (EAS) and Maxl scripts; also involved in automation of these procedures using Batch scripts
- Created data forms, business rules, menus, task lists, planning units as part of application development
- In depth knowledge of creating financial reports (pdf), charts, pivots, dashboards, books, batches, snapshot reports etc. using financial reporting studio.
- 8 years using VB6 API libraries to interact with EssBase.
- Extensive experience (since 1999) with VB6 and VBA that allowed me to connect to any DBE like Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, Informix, Sybase or any DBE that supports OLEDB, then manipulate that information (via SQL language) to be presented on any MS Office documents like Excel, Word or PowerPoint by programmatically using those MS Office APIs
- More than 2 year of Delphi 5 and 7 Programming skills under Informix and Access; 2 years of PowerBuilder 7,8 and 10 development using Sybase;
- More than 4 years using OLEDB (ADO) connectivity objects over Access and MS SQL.
- Experience as an Android developer, worked with Eclipse and Android Studio.
- Spent some considerable time doing Network Administrator tasks installing Routers, Switch, Hubs and cabling over IPX and TCP/IP communication protocols, Managing users roles and gain access under Novell and Windows NT/2000 Servers; this Network Administrations job ones includes IPX Voice communication (Using Telnet).
- More than 12 years of technical PC support as backup skills doing Operation System Installation (MS OS, Win 3.1, Windows 95, 98, NT4, 2000 and XP), MS Office and many Software including Antivirus, Patches and Development Tools (RADS); also Hardware maintenance. This experience includes the use of remote supports as VCL, PC Anyware and On Commands Tools.
- Some other experience on a basic level CAD Software’s like AutoCAD, Micro CADAM, ProEnginner, and Pro CADAM (last 2 in UNIX), CAM Software (TekSoft) and InterCIM. Lotus Notes, MS Project, Visio and C++.
OLAP Tools: Hyperion EssBase 11.x/9.x/7.x/6.x, Excel Add-In, EssBase Integration services 9.x/7.x, EssBase Studio 11.x, ESSCMD, Maxl, EssBase administration services 11.x/9.x/7.x, Hyperion Enterprise performance suite 11.x, Hyperion Interactive Reporting 11.x/9.x/8.x.
GUI: Visual Basic 6.0/5.0, TOAD, Application Manager, SQL Developer
Business Intelligence Tools: Hyperion Planning 11.x/9.x
Reporting Tools: Hyperion BI+ (Web Analysis 9.x, Financial Reporting 11.x/9.x) Hyperion Reports 7.x/9.x,Hyperion Analyzer 7.x, Hyperion Excel Add-in, OBIEE 10g/11g, Smart View.
Scripting Languages: Unix shell, Maxl, ESSCMD, MDX.
Dimensional Modeling: Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables, Physical and logical data modeling
Databases: EssBase, Oracle 11i/10g/9i,SQL SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, Sybase 12.5
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, UNIX, WINDOWS 98/2000/NT 4.0/XP/7/10
Confidential, Beacon Hills, MA
Hyperion Planning Administrator - Consultant
- Perform Dimension updates using DRM and sometimes HDM for Planning Metadata and EAS for Essbase ASO Outlines (7 BSO and 5 ASO).
- Create flat files for an automatic metadata update process (ETL) that uses predefined rule files.
- Reconcile and verify data uploads and monitoring of automatic Data Transfer process for Actuals
- Responsible for Planning security using Share Services Console, and HDM to assign access at dimension level.
- Create Filter and group security inside Essbase and Shared services.
- Maintenance of Planning Applications including Work Force Planning; forms, Menus and Dimensions.
- Maintenance of Business Rules using Calculation Manager.
- Create rule files for custom requirements using EAS.
- Modify Calculation Scripts using EAS when needed by a user request.
- Update and modify SQL store procedures and/or tables for custom requirements.
- Financial Planning user support 24/7 worldwide.
- Responsible for monthly actual updates process.
- Responsible for monthly FX (financial exchange) rates.
- Responsible to maintain SOX monthly documentation of Metadata changes.
Tools: EPM 22.214.171.124, Planning 126.96.36.199, Hyperion EssBase 188.8.131.52, EssBase Administration Services (EAS),EssBase Studio, Smart View, EMP Maestro 184.108.40.206, CXO Cockplit 5.3, Microsoft SQL Server, Excel Add-in, MS Excel 2010,MS SQL, VB6, VBA, MS Office, Citrix.
Confidential, Universal City, CA
Lead Technical Analyst/ Senior Hyperion EssBase Consultant
- Participated on a Hyperion migration project to HFM/Planning, that involved configuration and setup HFM and Planning Cubes, migration from custom templates to a new HFM and Planning Forms, Reports, Webforms and ETL process (FDM and DRM).
- Responsible for all VB6 development.
- Provided Technical Solutions on Clients Requirements for Financial Systems based on Hyperion EssBase 11, VB6 and MS SQL.
- EssBase Outline Maintenance: hierarchies, members, groups, filters, formulas, UDAs modification; Calcscripts and Maxl modifications.
- Worked on financial reporting. Build various reports using Prompts, User POV, Grid POV, Conditional Suppression, and Conditional Formatting and used formula in it according to the recipe provided by users.
- Analyzed, designed, updated, tested and migrated EssBase Cubes in different environments and also performed tuning and optimization of ASO applications.
- Developed Rules files for data Metadata and Data loading in EssBase for BSO applications.
- Extensively designed and developed monthly/quarterly financial reports (balance sheet statement, cash flow statement) using Hyperion reports scripts.
- Wrote custom SQL to retrieve data from various data sources and integrated the result sets as a feed to EssBase applications
- Involved in creation of Calc scripts, Rules for Hyperion EssBase Database and Application
- Performed EssBase calc script tuning and debugging as well as enhancements.
- Applied Hyperion Financial Reporting to design specific financial reports to serve management requirements.
- Build rule files, calculation scripts, report scripts, substitution variables for the BSO cubes
- Prepared templates for achieving quarterly forecasts, annual budget, ad-hoc reporting and management reporting by working with the business managers
- Managed metadata by defining Dimension and its attributes, Application settings, Account types, consolidation methods, Intercompany transactions.
- Provide detailed documentation and knowledge transfer to enable the client to manage the solutions created for them.
- Worked closely with the BA doing analysis and Defining Clients Requirements, then providing VB6 development solutions using available EssBase API’s, MS Excel API, and MS SQL Server 2005 OLEDB API to provide financial information. All these technologies came together for high level financial systems to provide information extracted from EssBase and MS SQL Server DBs related to amortizations, revenues, forecasting and pacing for P&L and Cots for Films industry.
- Direct contact with the BA to define Users Cases.
- Did some BA role Managing, Prioritizing, Analyzing, and Assigning user requests to team and monitoring until deployed.
- EssBase Outline Maintenance: Rule files, partitions, hierarchies, members, groups, filters, formulas, UDAs and Calcscripts.
- Participated on EssBase and MS SQL Server upgrade project this included transition from BSO to ASO for Flix App.
Tools: Planning 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168, Hyperion EssBase 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199, EssBase Administration Services (EAS),EssBase Studio, Hyperion Financial reporting 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206, Smart View, Microsoft SQL Server, Excel Add-in, MS Excel 2010,MS SQL, VB6, VBA, MS Office, Citrix, MS Visio, MS Project.
Senior Systems Engineer
- ERP Project Data Base Administration (LOTUS NOTES); BaaN process AS-IS and TO-BE documenter; Air Freight Bills Control System Administration and Programs Management; Company Procedures System Administration and Programs Management (supports ISO certifications); Import of Company Goods Administration and Programming; Management and Project Developer of the Import of Company Goods BaaN Adaptation; BaaN Help Desk support Area (Supply Chain attendant); Y2K compliant Test Area Supervise; CAD/CAM systems Support.
Tools: Visual Basic 4 and 6, Clipper (Dbase III), FoxPro 2.5, Access (DAO), MS SQL (ADO), MicroCADAM, ProEngineer (XWindow - UNIX), TeckSoft CADAM, BaaN (ERP)
- Network and User Administration; Novell 4.1 Server Administrator; Digital channel (Data & Voice) Installation Coordinator for Confidential Offices.
Tools: Novell 4.1, Clipper (Dbase III), FoxPro 2.5, COBOL (UNIX), IPX and IP Telecommunications
- Computer Area and Network Supervisor; Permits Control System (Traffic Licenses) for Public Transport, Management; Statistics System for Public Transport Research and Planning; Drivers Licenses Control System Project Management.
Tools: Novell 3.1, Clipper (Dbase III), FoxPro 2.5
- Maintained the Alcoholic Beverages Sales Permit Control System; Maintenance of the Vehicular Control System; Help Desk Management; Team member for the Finances Project (Oracle).
Tools: Clipper (Dbase III), Oracle (Forms, Reports, Menus) on UNIX.