- Technology leader with extensive experience in leading business transformation through database technology based solutions.
- Proven ability to manage and lead team as large as 20 members based on an ethos of customer focus and strong values.
- Demonstrated track record for successful execution of IT projects, in large - scale corporate organizations as well as consulting environments.
- Develop strategic roadmaps for robust, scalable database systems and execute on a technology plan to serve business needs, investment decisions, and integrates with the overall enterprise technology strategy.
- Deploy & integrate monitoring tools/processes to proactively alert on database system performance, conduct capacity planning, and identify/resolve issues before they become service-impacting events.
- Collaborate and provide guidance to application development teams & infrastructure teams to ensure they are kept current on database technology developments, best practices, and new initiatives.
- Familiar with Big Data Eco-Systems and handling NOSQL data migration projects.
Databases: MSSQL Server 2000/2005/2012/2014/2016 , Oracle 10g/11r2, Sybase ASE 11.5/12.0, PostGreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Amazon RDS, Amazon RedShift, Azure SQL
Big Data Ecosystems: Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Pig, Flume, Spark, Sqoop
O/S Platforms: Windows, Unix, Linux
Red: gate SQLBackup, Idera SQLSafe, Dell Litespeed, Spotlight, Foglight Performance Analyzer, TFS, Visual Studio, IBM TSM, IBM InfoSphere Guardium, Imperva SecureSphere, HP Openview, HP BAC, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, ER Win, Sybase Power Designer, DB Artisan, ER Studio, SSMA, SSMS, Toad, Ops Center, Robo 3T/RoboMongo, Eclipse, NOSQL Manager
Business Intelligence: SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, QlikView, Business Objects, Informatica
Organizational: Project Management, Team Management, Strategic Planning, Vendor Management, Staff Development, ITIL
Senior Database Administrator
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Build highly available, secure, readily scalable 20 Azure MSSQL Server infrastructure spanned across East2 and Central Azure regions.
- Design and architected HADR Always-On solutions on Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure using Log-Shipping and Always-ON.
- Develop & maintain strong partnership with infrastructure, application development, and production support teams to ensure the successful execution of standard delivery, incident & change management.
- Leading and managing database consolidation and upgrade projects towards Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Planned and implemented database migration projects from PostgreSQL\MySQL to Azure SQL Server environments for 50+ mission critical databases sizing between 50GB to 1TB.
- Planned, lead and managed Oracle 10g/11r2 database migration towards Microsoft Azure SQL to save on Oracle licensing and hardware cost.
- Established concise standards for SQL installations, maintenance and SQL coding and database security across various teams.
- Provided subject matter expertise and technical directions during critical business outages, spearheaded root cause analyses and implemented effective solutions in collaboration with IT and Business Operations.
- Design and implemented processes to archive historical data to maintain storage cost and consume database resources.
- Spearheaded periodical code review sessions to facilitate performance tuning for complex database business processing which helped to maintain SLA
- Designed and promoted auditable database release management processes which improved database deployment quality and faster software delivery with easier rollback.
- Effectively implemented centralized backup policies using Idera SQLSafe, Dell Litespeed, Azure Managed Backups to achieve business approved RPO/RTO.
Lead Database Administrator
Confidential, New York, NY
- Lead offshore-onshore support model consist of 15 DBAs and Database Developers reducing maintenance cost by 20% and improved SLAs.
- Leading major project activities which include advanced database performance tuning, high availability configuration, database design, and capacity planning.
- Executed 20 database migration projects from Oracle \ MySQL databases to MSSQL Server using Microsoft database migration assistant as well as from scratch setup which involves database reverse engineer modeling, capacity planning of new SQL Servers, extract-transform-load flat files data into SQL Server databases from Oracle\MySQL databases using Informatica as well as SSIS.
- Lead and managed transitioning of operational database administration tasks to off-shore team in India. Prepared transition plans, standard operating procedures, scheduled training sessions.
- Implemented security and compliance policies and procedures to ensure enterprise data protection and security. Familiar with implementations and roll outs of enterprise class security solutions such as IBM Guardium, McAfee, Imperva
- Subject matter expert for database replication, database security and disaster recovery.
- Interactively productize premium database monitoring, database backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Implemented policy based management for security and audit compliance.
- Proficiently designed and managed OLTP and OLAP systems running VLDB (5TB+)
Senior Database Administrator
Confidential, Monmouth Junction, NJ
- Installing, Configuring and Maintaining SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2 instances in Clustered and Non - Clustered environments
- Implemented database monitoring solutions using native SQL options as well as through leading monitoring tools from Dell, IBM Guardium, HP, Redgate and Idera
- Design, architect and lead SQL Upgrade projects which consist of upgrading 50 MSSQL Servers in 6 months.
- Configured Database Mirroring, Transaction Log Shipping for Disaster Recovery
- Provided 24x7 On-Call Production Support for Unplanned outages and planned deployments.
- Centralized database backups as well as weekly health checks using multi-server management across 150+ SQL Server Instances
- Upgrading Oracle 10g databases to Oracle 11g, applying patches.
Senior Systems Programmer Analyst
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
- Administered 30+ mission critical business facing Microsoft SQL Servers throughout county agencies.
- Lead and mentored dedicated group of SQL Server Developers and Programmers on database Programming best practices and required subject matter expertise during critical business situations.
- Designed and maintained the data-warehouse for charge-back system and designed, implemented MIS reporting model using Microsoft SQLServer 2000, Microsoft Excel, DTS
- Installing and configuring multi-node cluster environment with SQL Server
- Configured and maintained Transactional Replication in SQL Server 2008/2005 in different geographical domains as business requirement.
- Supported other Microsoft Server Suite developments, configurations and management aspects which includes Microsoft Project Server, Commerce Server
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Lead migration and consolidation of 10 database servers from MSSQL Server 7.0 to MSSQL Server 2000.
- Design, code and implement Data Cleansing Routines and Data Mining Routines for legacy data migration from IBM Mainframe to the MSSQL Server databases.
- Automated daily and weekly system maintenance tasks such as database backup, replication verification, database integrity verification and indexing updates.
- Documented mission critical database processes.
- Cross-trained junior team members on database maintenance and support operations.
Senior Systems Officer
- Function as Team Leader for development team supporting Payroll and HR module.
- Actively participated in gathering of Requirement and System Specification.
- Training fellow team members on PowerBuilder and RDBMS best practices and processes
- Provided required subject matter expertise in physical as well as logical database design for various business modules.
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.