- Hands on Data Analyst fluent in SQL, Hive, Tableau, ETL, Teradata, Python, R.
- Certified (Tableau & BI) Professional, Working experience as (Tableau, BI, SQL) Developer.
- Key contributions in Analytics delivery,Data Extraction,Data Wrangling, Data Analysis.
- Involved in Data lifecycle stages like Data (acquisition,exploration,scrubbing,model build, Interpretation)
- Successfully delivered BI & Analytics metrics, KPIs and reporting packages.
- Cross functionally partnered with business stakeholders, product managers, engineering, dev ops teams.
- Working experience in Agile/Scrum and Traditional/Waterfall SDLC environments.
- Seamlessly handled multiple “high - pressure” client escalations issues.
- Data Science, Machine Learning, Open Source Enthusiast.
- Passion for creating data driven organizations.
- Business Intelligence
- Quantitative Analysis
- Oracle/ MySQL/ SQL Server/ Postgres
- Teradata /Data warehousing
- Big Data/ Hadoop/ Cloudera
- Spark SQL (DataFrames,DataSets)
- ETL (Extract/Transform/Load)
- Data Analysis / Validation
- Data Cleaning / Data Scrubbing
- Web Scrapping
- Data Wrangling
- SQL Performance Tuning
- Tableau 10.2
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
Data Analyst | iTunes Analytics & Data Services
- Understanding Business Reporting & Analytics requirements, creating BRD's, Keynote presentations driving analytics initiatives,understanding the iTunes data sets, creating SQLs, Hive, scripts to pull data from Teradata, Hadoop ecosystems.
- Creating aggregated data views in Teradata by merging both Confidential Care, iTunes Data sets and generate required analytics for trending and comparison of customer reported issues and taking the data sets to next level by creating data visualizations in Tableau.
- Implemented Sqoop jobs for importing/exporting data from Teradata, Mysql to HDFS.
- Expert in performing business analytical scripts using Hive SQL.
- Providing Analytics for Support contact rate comparison by various payment methods (Credit Card, Carrier Billing, AliPay, PayPal, Store credit, CUP).
- Delivered Insights to Confidential Music Subscription issues by member type (paid vs trial member), membership types (individual/family/student), Subscription promotion related (monthly vs annual).
- Provided Analytics around refund abuse, free and paid transactions. Helping business understand and avoid the fraud associated with free transactions. Analytics around royalty amounts paid to owners vs waived.
- Implemented predictive supervised learning models like simple,multi linear and logistic regression models (in Python & R) to get insights on Confidential Music Subscribers Churn analysis etc.
Technology: Teradata, Tableau, Hadoop, Hive, SQL Work bench, Teradata Studio, ETL, Python, Pycharm,R,Rstudio.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Data Analyst | Business Intelligence (BI) & Analytics
- As Data Analyst identified & captured datasets from different sources ranging from (Hadoop, social media, clickstream, Teradata, RDBMS, spreadsheets,CSV,JSON etc.)And migrating each data source, run ETL processes, validate data sets and provide visualization capabilities to end users via Tableau Dashboards.
- Written Hive queries for data analysis to meet the business requirements.Uploaded data to Hadoop Hive and combined new tables with existing databases
- Key participation in all data science lifecycle stages such as data (acquisition, importing, exploration, manipulation, cleaning),model building and interpretation there by gaining insights from supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Implemented predictive supervised learning models like Decision Tree and Random Forrest models (Python & R) to get insights (such as Funnel/Cohort/Cross-Sell/Up-sell/Conversion rate/Bounce/Retention rate).
Technology: Teradata, Hadoop, SQL, Hive, ETL, Python, Pycharm,R,Rstudio, Excel, CSV,JSON,Github
Data Analyst / Tableau Developer
- Creating Hive tables and working on them using Hive QL.
- Importing and exporting data into HDFS and Hive using Sqoop.
- Created Tableau dashboards, worksheets containing extensive use of calculated fields, parameters, filters, sorts and Actions(Highlight, Filter and URL). Heavy usage of LOD expressions (FIXED, INCLUDE,EXCLUDE).
- Created Tableau worksheets by performing Table level calculations, Window Functions using different Analytics such as Reference lines/band,Average lines, Standard deviations, Forecasting, Trend Analysis, Distribution band .
- Creation of dynamic charts such as Bar Charts (side by side, stack bar),Line, Area, Scatter plots, Highlight table, Bullet charts. Filled Map, Polygon, Symbol Maps, heat-maps, tree maps etc.
- Creation of distribution Charts such as Histogram, Pareto, Control, Box and Whisker plots etc.
- Performing Cohort Analysis, Funnel Charts, Cross-Sell, Up-Sell Metrics, Customer retention metrics, creating dashboards and telling story points as a part of providing insights.
Technology: Tableau,Hadoop/Cloudera, SQL, Hive, ETL, Excel, CSV,Github.
BI Reporting Analyst
- Performed data validations between BI Apps, Enterprise Datawarehouse and upstream datasources for for various (measures,dimensions and hierarchies).
- On daily basis resolved several data issues by performing data reconciliations between BI apps and backend data sources such as oracle and teradata by writing SQL scripts.
- Proactively avoided many data issues by performing manual and automated data audits on the reporting layer and backend data sources such as oracle and teradata by running adhoc SQL queries.
Technology: Teradata, Oracle, SQL, BO/SAP, Hyperion Essbase, ETL, Data Marts, ODS,Excel.
Confidential, Concord, CA
BI Developer / SQL Developer, Enterprise Architecture
- Performed data analysis by writing complex SQL queries from the source data residing in Oracle database.
- As SQL developer responsibilities spanned from created ETL scripts.
- Created BO and Essbase Reports and performed data validation with the BI reporting data.
- Extensively used SQL queries, PL/SQL stored procedures & triggers in data retrieval and updating of information in the Oracle database
Technology: Oracle, SQL, ETL, BO 6.0, Hyperion Essbase,Excel,Access