- Over 8+ years of extensive experience in IT industry as SQL Server database development with Business Intelligence Tools 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005 (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Experience in Fine Tuning SQL queries and T - SQL and PL\SQL queries & improving the performance of the Database using SQL Profiler.
- Experience in Database Development and Data modeling such as Creation of Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Triggers (DDL and DML), indexes, and user defined functions.
- Extensive working experience in Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems in creating Database Objects like Constraints (Primary key, Foreign Key, Unique, Default).
- Experienced in creating SSIS packages (.dtsx) involving ETL process, extracting data from various sources (flat files, excel files, legacy systems, OLEDB) and loading for data warehousing using SQL server integration services.
- Up gradation of SQL server versions and applying patches and hot fixes.
- Expert in creating Calculated Measures and Dimension Members using Multi-Dimensional Expression (MDX), SSAS, Mathematical Formulas, and User-defined functions.
- Experience in performance tuning in SSIS using row transformations, block and unblock transformations.
- Experienced in creating, migrating, deploying complex SSIS packages with complicated transformations like Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Data Conversion, Aggregate, Merge Join, Sort, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Wide experience in creating OLAP cubes, identifying dimensions, attributes, hierarchies and calculating measures and dimension members using Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in Developing and Extending SSAS Cubes, Dimensions and data source view SSAS-Data Mining Models and Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Expert in Designing and deploying cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schema Designs for the operational data.
- Experience in identifying the I/O and memory, bottle necks, blocking and deadlocks caused by complex queries using SQL Server Activity monitor, SQL profiler, Extended events and handling them by implementing better Query Execution plans.
- Experienced in all agile roles as a former Developer, Technical Lead, Product/ Project /Program manager/Scrum Master , Agile Coach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and possesses strong analytical skills.
- Hands on experience in developing QlikView Dashboards using Chart Box (Drill Down, Drill up & Cyclic Grouping), List, Input Field, Table Box and Calendar etc.
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Windows 95/98/NT4.0/XP/2000/2003Server, Linux
RDBMS/ Databases: MS SQL Server 10.0/2000/2005/2008 R2, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, Teradata V2 R5/R6, MOSS 2007
Data warehouse Tools: OLAP, DTS and SSAS 2005/2008 R2
Data modeling and ETL Tools: ER/ERWIN, DT/Studio, SSIS 2005/2008 R2/2012
Reporting Tools: Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS), Micro strategy, Business Objects XI
Packages: MS Office, Visual Basic
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
Web Technologies: HTML, VB-Script, DHTML, XML
Microsoft Technologies: VB.Net, ASP.Net
Senior MSBI Developer
- Developed complex programs in T-SQL, writing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, CTE’s, schemas with best execution plan, used DDL, DML commands.
- Install, Manage and administer SQL server 2005\2008R2\2012\2014 SQL servers.
- Improving query / stored procedure performance for fast generation of reports.
- Implementation of SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Implemented side by side and In-place Migration of MS SQL server 2005/2008R2 to 2012 and applied Patches and Service packs to update different versions of MS SQL server.
- As a Production and development support DBA responsible for maintaining 150 SQL Servers out of which 170 servers are production servers in which 100 were mission critical and 70 were business critical servers, remaining test and development servers.
- Used highly complex TSQL Queries and SQL Scripts to perform efficient data load based on complex Business rules.
- Created SSIS package to Export and Import data from SQL Server to Text and EXCEL files and Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic mails.
- Created ETL SSIS packages both design and code to process data to target databases.
- Used various SSIS task such as conditional split, derived column, which did data scrubbing, including data validation checks during staging before loading data to data warehouse and data marts.
- Maintain historical data in data warehouse used ETL to implement the slowly changing transformation.
- Designed a report on the monitoring of SQL Server Performance. This report gives a detail report to the management on the Performance of the server.
- Responsible for the design of the SSIS package to load data into the data mart from OLTP database using ETL tools.
- Successfully migrated old data from legacy systems (FoxPro) and external system including excel and oracle into SQL Server 2008 using SSIS Packages.
- Project involved maintenance of existing OLTP databases as well as designing SSIS packages for custom warehousing needs.
- Experienced in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file, to MS-SQL Server by using DTS and SSIS services.
- Involved in designing, developing and testing of the ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems feeds using SSIS
- Created Position and Transaction OLAP Cubes for various measure groups and dimensions to address the business needs using SSAS
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Involved in Designing and deploying cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schema Designs for the operational data.
- Created clinical and financial reports to user specifications using reporting tools (SSRS) and T-SQL queries for MS-SQL databases.
- Created, implemented and maintained a reporting suite of over 33 standard reports using SSRS.
- Developed complex reporting solutions, Interactive graphs were built using Qlik-View when visualizing the data.
- Developed various operational Drill-through and Drill-down reports using SSRS.
- Developed complex financial reports using Sub Reports, Charts, Matrix reports, Linked reports.
- Created Dashboards for financial sector using benchmark data to provide an analytical snapshot of point in time.
- Involved in creating alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of scheduled jobs.
- Created SSRS reports such as parameterized, cascade, drill down, drill through, charts, linked and sub reports as per company standards and requirements.
Environment: SQL Server 2104/2012/2008/2005, Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), BCP, DTS, Import/Export Wizard, SQL Mail, SQL Server Management Studio, T-SQL, MDX, Windows 95/NT/ 2000/2003/2007, XML, MS Excel and MS Access, Visual Team Foundation Server, Crystal Reports, visual studio 2005/2008/ 2012, Cognos 8.2/8.3/8.4, TFS 2008/2010 (Team Foundation Server).
Senior MSBI Developer
- Involved in gathering business requirements, interacting with the client and preparing detailed design document.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plan and disaster recovery strategies Implemented.
- Managed SQL Servers in 32/64bit Clustered environments. Implemented Database Mirroring on SQL Server 2008 environments.
- To set up SQL Server configuration settings to resolve various resource allocation & memory issues for SQL Server databases and to setup ideal memory, min/max server options.
- Created complex stored procedures with parameters and generated multi parameterized SSRS reports from them, where the user has a choice to select the parameters.
- Created and optimized database objects such as views, functions and stored procedures as per requirement.
- Filtered bad data from legacy system using T-SQL and implemented constraints and triggers into new system for data consistency.
- Designed and developed the ETL data flow to populate the CER Cube Analysis Database using the SSIS packages (SQL Server Integration Services). Scheduled and automated the packages to populate the data in the cube daily up to date for business reporting.
- Created SSIS Packages by using advanced tools (i.e. pivot Transformation, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregations, Multicasting).
- Identify the field/column level data quality issues of the source systems to drive the data quality, data cleansing and error checking in the SSIS packages. Identify and document the source to target packages.
- Created SQL server configurations for SSIS packages and XML & Windows event logs.
- Design and document the error-handling strategy in the ETL load process using Event handlers.
- Created OLAP cubes using SSAS and created reports from them.
- Designed and built cube (CER Cube) using SQL Server analysis Services (SSAS 2008) with 10 dimensions and built daily partitions.
- Extensively involved in the SSAS storage and partitions and Aggregations, Calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and T-SQL.
- Created test data and unit test cases to ensure successful data loading process.
- Used Notification services to generate error messages and send them to the user through e-mails. Created report snapshots to improve performance of SSRS.
- Gathered data from multiple data bases across the organization and produced reports for different departments.
- Converted existing Excel based reports and crystal reports to SSRS reports.
- Created Drill Down, Drill Through, linked, matrix, Charts, lists, Sub reports using SSRS and managed their subscriptions.
- Created dashboards for Sales, Inventory, Performance and finance.
- Deployed and uploaded the SSRS reports to Report Manager &SharePoint Server for the end users and involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Worked in extracting transforming and loading (ETL) data across multiple databases using SSIS packages.
- Improved existing reports performance by using execution log2 and optimized the underlying procedure and queries.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2010/2008 R2, T- SQL, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2014/2012/2010/2008 R2, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2014/2012/2010/2008 R2, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2014/2012/2010/2008 R2, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, Star Team Version Control tool), Erwin 8.0/MS Visio 2010.
SQL Developer/MSBI Developer
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Worked with Business requirements analyst to identify and understand source data systems and Developed Mappings between source systems and warehouse components.
- Performed the role of Senior Database Architect for all SQL Server database environments.
- Involved in developing database objects such as procedures, triggers, constraints, indexes and views.
- Involved in development and implementation of SSIS, SSAS and SSRS application solutions for various business units across the organization.
- Used SSRS to create Customized, Sub-Reports, Drill down/Drill Through, Summary Reports, Parameterized, on-demand, ad-hoc reports and involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports in SSRS. Provided Ad-hoc queries and Reports for Companywide users pulling data from Multi-terabyte data warehousing systems.
- Designed complex SSAS solutions using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups and KPIs to analyze performance of Strategic Business Units as well as corporate centers.
- Involved in development and implementation of SSIS and SSRS application solutions for various business units across the organization.
- Responsible for the Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse.
- Created various complex reports and manage those using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2012/2008) according to ERLC.
- Involved in migration and Conversion of Reports from SSRS .
- Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List & Chart reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment.
- Highly involved in creating, structuring, formatting using Report Designer and Report Builder.
- Generated Dynamic reports from Cubes (SSAS) using SSRS-2005 and designed and developed SQL statements and queries for SQL Server 2014 database.
- Implemented performance tuning T-SQL queries, Stored Procedures and SSIS Packages, Peer reviewed T-SQL code/SSIS packages.
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS.
- Creating reports using SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) for customized and ad-hoc Queries.
- Developed complex stored procedure using T-SQL to generate ad hoc reports using SSRS.
- Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP and transformed to OLAP systems and Scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Created reports using SSRS from OLTP and OLAP data sources and deployed on report server.
- Used MS Report Designer to provide a Report Data pane to organize data used in the reports.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that took longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and SQL Query Generated reports using SSRS which were sent to different Clients.
- Involved in De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Documentation of Technical specification, business requirements, functional specifications for the development of Informatica Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mappings to load data into various tables.
Environment: Windows, Agile, SQL Server 2012/2014, SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual Studio, OLE DB, Erwin, Excel 2010, Access 2010, SVN, GIT, Qlik-View, Version one.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Coordinating post-implementation events such as testing.
- Performed Full load & Incremental load with several Data flow tasks and Control Flow Tasks using SSIS
- Created SSIS Packages to perform filtering operations and to import the data on daily basis from the OLTP system to SQL server.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling as well as created complex SSIS packages using various transformations and tasks like Sequence Containers, Script, For loop and For Each Loop Container, Execute-SQL, Execute Package, Send Mail, File System, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Derived Column, Lookup, Merge, Merge Join, Row Count, Sort, Union All, flat file source and destination, OLE DB source and destination, excel source and destination etc.
- Hands on experience working with SSIS, for ETL process ensuring proper implementation of Event Handlers, Loggings, Checkpoints, Transactions and package configurations.
- Involved in Huge data migrations, transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 200R2 and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Designed complex SSAS solutions using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups and KPIs to analyze performance of Strategic Business Units as well as corporate centers.
- Created Claims and Enrolment OLAP Cubes for various measure groups and dimensions for analysis of Per Member/Per Month cost to meet the business answers for the client needs using SSAS.
- Involved in creating relationships and hierarchies between attributes and measure groups and defined granularity within the measure group and drill through action using SSAS
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measure groups and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP Reporting needs. Created on 2014 SSRS
- Generating ad-hoc reports using MS-Excel and Crystal Reports.
- Used SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for all reporting purposes, creation of new and modification of existing reports.
- Developed several SSRS management pipeline reports, which helped the management to process the pipeline loans effectively.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports using SSRS
- Developed and maintained enterprise reporting (SSRS Reporting Service) based on specifications and business needs and modified existing reports as needed.
Environment: ARS 7.6.04, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 9i, T-SQL, Report Builder 3.0, Windows Server 2003, Visual Basic .Net, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Profiler, ER-Win, T-SQL, Excel, Access and Windows NT, Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), HP Application Lifecycle Management (HP ALM), MS Excel.
SQL Server Developer
- Created tables, indexes, sequences, constraints, triggers & procedures. Used DDL & DML commands for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Designed stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Developed database objects such as Stored Procedures, CTE, Functions, Tables, Triggers and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Implemented Triggers for checking complex business conditions, providing security for the tables.
- Created Materialized Views and Indexes for better performance of summary tables, Autonomous Transactions, Coding Dynamic SQL Statements.
- Planned complete Back-up of Database and Restored the Database from Disaster Recovery.
- Database Integrity checks, Database Statistics update and Re-indexing.
- Created check constraints to maintain data integrity.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Created Business-Crucial stored procedures and functions to support efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Physical Implementation of database into SQL Server 2000 using T-SQL.
- Worked on Client/Server tools like SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to administer SQL Server.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers.
- Improved Performance by creating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler.
- Development of custom scripts and stored procedures for data import and manipulation.
- Fine tuned DML, DDL scripts with lock hints for performance boost.
- Defined check constraints, Business rules, Indexes, and Views.
- Developed PL/SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Helped in integration of the front end with the PL/SQL backend. Learning and Knowledge acquirement for the BANCS services.
- Created PL/SQL package to schedule the jobs for batch processing. Used PL/SQL Profiler and query analyzer to optimize queries and stored procedures.
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails to the respective people when a process failure or success. Performed development support, document reviews, test plan, integration of the system.
Environment: Windows, SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, SQL Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Reporting (SSRS), SQL Analysis Services (SSAS), Business Intelligence Studio, Visual Studio, OLE DB, Erwin.
- Determined the SQL Server Installation. Installed SQL Server Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program.
- Tested the Installation of SQL Server.
- Created Dynamic SQL queries to retrieve large amounts of data, which run with optimal performance and easy maintainability.
- Used MS Visio for use case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Object diagrams in Design Phase.
- Involved in Integration testing of the application.
- Involved resolving the issues faced at System Testing and coded the necessary changes.
- Designed and developed SQL queries in the application.
- Created views to reduce database complexities for end users.
- Created DML scripts to create database schema and database objects.
- Involved in preparing the test plans test cases and execution of test cases
- Involved in the preparation of important documents like SMTD for application maintenance
- Worked in the production support for the application
- Resolved all the issues which were raised during the production support of the application
- Successfully implemented all the change requests following the change management process
- Worked on DTS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from heterogeneous database.
- Data migration (import & export/BCP) from Text to SQL Server.
- Configured Replication Server.
- Worked on a Terabytes of Data.
- Worked on coding of all the change requests and performed code reviews for team members
- Resolved all the tickets which were raised during production support with agreed service levels
Environment: Windows NT. SQL Server 2005, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Windows 2000 Server, Import & Export Data. Windows 2003 Advanced Server, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, Replication Wizard, IBM ClearCase.