- Over 6+ years of experience in Data Analysis, ETL Development, Business Reporting, Data Validation and Documentation.
- Developed Ad - hoc reports, financial reports using Teradata and BTEQ
- Strong hands on experience in Teradata Load Utilities - BTEQ, MLOAD, FASTLOAD, FASTEXPORT, TPUMP.
- Developed business reports by writing complex SQL queries using VIEWS, MACROS, VOLATILE and GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLES.
- Experience in using the Informatica Power Center for ETL development.
- Strong Experience in developing Sessions, Workflows using Workflow Manager Tools - Task Developer,Workflow Designer.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure, and Union to develop robust mappings in the Informatica Designer.
- Extensively worked with different data sources non-relational databases such as Flat files and other relational sources such as Oracle, SQL Server and DB2.
- Demonstrated the requirements to business through data mining using Teradata.
- Implemented Performance tuning methods to resolve issues related to spool space, long running queries & skew factors.
- Worked on importing and exporting the sample/Historical data from Oracle & Teradata databases.
- Loaded data using Multiload and FastLoad Techniques to Teradata database.
- Experience in writing Test cases during the data validation for UAT and Performance Testing
- Experience in using scheduling tools HUDSON and Control-M.
- Created Teradata Tables, Views, Macros, Triggers and Store Procedures.
- Developed Interfaces in SQL for data calculations and data manipulations.
- Worked on optimizing and tuning the Teradata views to improve the performance of batch and response time of data for users.
- Good Knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts with Star Schemas and Snowflake Schemas.
- Knowledge of different RDBMS like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Sybase
- Extensive knowledge in Agile Methodologies and Waterfall of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in all aspects of SDLC from requirement gathering to testing.
- Documented process flows and trained new team members by creating and maintaining technical documentation, deployment diagrams and checklists.
Analysis Methodologies: Scrum, UML, Agile methodology, Waterfall methodology
Databases and Tools: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, Teradata, Metad, MySQL, DB2, Oracle 9i/10g, OBIEE 11g, Informatica 9.1, Redshift, Postgre SQL
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, XML, HTML
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP, UNIX
Quality Management: HP ALM, Quality Center
Business Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio, UML
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Tableau
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Developed SQL queries to extract from corporate database.
- Maintained SQL Database tables and Access databases.
- Ran daily reports and SQL queries.
- Assisted in the development and management of Access database solutions using macros and reports.
- Prepared visible and formulas; imported data from SAP and exported data for metrics and fluent in SQL.
- Integrated seamlessly across the Enterprise Data Management, Business Intelligence & Analytics Team and broader IT Organization to implement and Advance Data Governance, Quality and Operations in support of the process and technology strategies across Business/Function/Region.
- Interacted with client, including conducted meetings and brainstorming sessions to gather requirements;collaborated with various Subject Matter Experts using SDM Process to understand and formalize business requirements and to discuss and resolve issues at various phases of the Development Cycle.
- Supported internal healthcare data analytics products, services, and operational processes.
- Provided support and assistance to management on issues related to the design and development of corporate healthcare data integration systems.
- Worked closely with the Product Owner team to ensure requirements aligned with sprint, release, and product goals, and assisted team in maintaining set of defined and estimated user stories
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Quality Center, AGILE, MS SQL Server 2008, MS Excel, Windows Server 2008
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Conducted several Requirement Gathering Sessions for gaining detailed requirements at various levels of Businesses.
- Experienced in executing a project following Agile Scrum methodology.
- Initiate and facilitate project kick-off activities. Manage dependencies between the Scrum teams and third parties, release managers, or between the Scrum teams.
- Effectively communicate with cross functional teams. Continuously learn new tools, techniques, and methodologies from teams and agile community.
- Partnered with data provider and data owner team to derive a comprehensive business rule matrix by dimensions.
- Involved in source Data profiling and identification by writing complex SQL queries Use technical and functional knowledge to remove roadblocks within the standing team and identify technical risks (risks with architecture, design, patterns, performance, etc.)
- Worked on multiple projects and subprojects at the same time, tracking statuses and deliverables for each with expected production dates.
- Creating workflow and process-flow diagrams in MS Visio for various projects.
- Experienced in handling transition and hand-overs and tracking required tangibles associated with the deliverables.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database.
- Worked as an Interface between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for testing and report/data validation.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD), worked with Requirements Traceability Matrix, Gap Matrix, Source to target mapping, and developing Functional Specifications Document (FSD), Test Procedure Documentation, User Manuals and Release Notes.
- Worked closely on system enhancement projects for improving functionality of current systems right from the change request intake form to production.
- Provided analysis, understanding and business perspectives on many maintenance and enhancement issues.
- Escalated problems and issues to Business Owners that required an impact analysis that provided the necessary workarounds required.
- Provided support to QA Team and was involved in SIT, Functional, Smoke, End-to-end and User acceptance testing.
- Created, executed and adapted training curriculum (instructional design) as needed for different audiences and provide post go-live coaching and support to these audiences.
- Performed defect tracking using Quality Center and worked closely with different teams to resolve technical issues (bugs).
- Worked closely with Business and various teams to keep the progress of project within expected timelines.
- Updated every document and maintained regular communication with Business to verify & sign-off on the requirements.
- Involved in creating various documents including System design & training documents.
- Created PowerPoint presentations for product demos and introductory product discussions with teams.
- Worked on various Change Requests & bugs to support production.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, ETL Informatica, SQL Navigator, Quality Center, XML, Visio, Teradata, Visio, AGILE, Erwin, MS SQL Server 2008, MS Excel, Windows Server 2008
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked on loading data using Multiload and FastLoad Techniques to Teradata database.
- Hands on experience in writing metrics with different metric requirements given by the Business
- Automated reports by connecting Teradata from MS Excel using ODBC.
- Involved in creating various Teradata Tables, Views, Macros, Triggers and Store Procedures.
- Developed scripts for business to evaluate mortgage loan requests to approve or deny applications.
- Written different Metrics for investigating the credit ratings for the borrower.
- Used the SQL queries to pull and analyze historical data to determine appropriate loan size, terms, and pricing for the customer.
- Analyzed business requirements and developed Tableau reports by writing Teradata and custom SQL.
- Developed numerous Teradata SQL Queries by using SET or MULTISET
- Tables, Views, Volatile Tables, using Inner and Outer Joins and advanced techniques like RANK and ROW NUMBER functions.
- Automated weekly, biweekly reports with help SQL Assistant.
- Tweaked/Wrote the sample scripts for the Business to help them understand the overall outcome of the project.
- Developed the Interfaces in SQL for data calculations and data manipulations.
- Automated the process of data load and extract jobs using UNIX shell scripting.
- Used UNION, INTERSECT, RANK and OLAP functions CSUM, MSUM, MAVG, MDIFF.
- Worked on optimizing and tuning the Teradata views to improve the performance of batch and responsetime of data for users.
- Provided initial capacity and growth forecast in terms of Space, CPU for the applications by gathering thedetails of volumes expected from Business.
- Created UAT plans with several test cases for each project to ensure that the system runs smoothly afterthe proposed enhancements or changes have been made.
- Experience in writing Test cases during the data validation for UAT and Performance Testing.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Navigator, Quality Center, Teradata, Visio, AGILE, MS SQL Server 2008, MS Excel, Windows Server 2008
Confidential Columbus, OH
- Work closely with users to define business requirements, analysis and data modeling/mapping to develop sample data set for the testing purpose
- Finding out the different data sources based on the requirement and installation of the required tools to create the data set.
- Based on the requirement Create Store Procedure, Join, Temporary Table, Variable, CTE, Index, and Sub-Queries for complex queries involving multi tables.
- Create, modify, test, and troubleshoot SQL stored procedures and queries for sample data sets with all expected distinct production values.
- Develop tables, Views, Stored Procedures and Triggers using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Create SSIS Packages to integrate data coming from multiple heterogeneous sources including DB2, Teradata, text files and Excel files.
- Used SQL Server 2011 Integration services (SSIS) Transformations in the dataflow of a package to aggregate, merge, distribute and modify data.
- Develop ad-hoc/ongoing reports that require front to back ETL, staging, and report development
- Modify existing reports, stored procedures, views to align the report data to meet the compliance need and improve the operational effectiveness
- Reviewed data spreadsheet for accuracy and completeness by using V-lookup, H-lookup, Pivot table, and Rand function etc. in MS-Excel as per the requirement.
- Work with business stakeholders, application developers, and production teams and across functional unitsto identify business needs and discuss solution options.
Environment: SQL Server 2011, DB2, Oracle, Visual Studio 2008/2010, MS Excel