- Over 8 years of extensive experience in database design, development and administration with MS SQL Server versions 2012/2008/2008 R2/2005/2000 using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS (BI Tools) in various industries.
- Strong experience in creating T - SQL objects, working with DDL/DML, performs most of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Management studio functionality using T-SQL Scripts and Batches Process.
- Proficient in creating Indexed Views, complex Stored Procedures, effective functions, and appropriate Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Experience in writing Distributed Queries between SQL Servers.
- Expert in using tools like Index Tuning Wizard, database engine tuning advisor, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning Server Performance.
- Handled vast financial data, expert level query optimization and performance tuning experience.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert, BCP.
- Expertise in Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data using SSIS creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server, Excel file, other databases and Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities(Data Warehouse, Data mart).
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and Microsoft Access & Excel spreadsheet.
- Expert in SQL Server Import/Export wizard to migrate the Heterogeneous databases such as Oracle and MS Access database, flat files to SQL server 2005.
- Involved in building and maintaining SSIS Packages to import and export the data from various data sources using BIDS based on the design data models.
- Expert in Developing reports on SSAS & SSRS on SQL Server (2005/2008/2008 R2). Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP cube and Architecture using BIDS
- Experienced in Logical and Physical Database design & development, Data Conversion, Normalization and Data modeling using Erwin and SQL Server Enterprise manager.
- Experience in creating various reports like drill down, sub reports, parameterized, multi-valued and various Ad hoc reports through Report model creation using SSRS.
- Proficiency in Developing SSAS Cubes, Aggregation, KPIs, Measures, Partitioning Cube, Data Mining Models, and Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Excellent Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle, RDBMS, Data Warehouse & Data Modeling concepts.
- Good Business and System analysis skills to understand the requirements and customize client applications.
- Developed MDX Queries against SSAS cubes to generate reports using BIDS
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Excellent communication skills, proactive, self-managing and teamwork spirits.
- Well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
Database Technologies: SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008,2008R2,2012,2014), MS-Access, Oracle, Teradata, MYDB.
Programming Languages: SQL,T-SQL, Shell Program, Power Shell program, HTML, XML, C, C++
Business Intelligence Tools: MSBI (SSIS, SSRS & SSAS).
IDEs /Tools: MS Visual Studio 2012/2008/2005/2000, SSMS,SQL Agent
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Visio), OLAP, OLTP, Erwin and Power Designer, TSF, SVN.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 98/2000/2003 Server/XP/7/8/2008 Server/2012 Server
ETL Tools: Data Transformation Services (DTS) - Export/Import, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services ( 2012/2008/2005/2000 ),Power Pivots, Power Bi, Microsoft Access 2013, Excel
Sr. MS SQL server BI Developer
- Wrote complex Stored Procedures and Views to cleanse data in the ADB database before letting the data flow downstream.
- Created a Parent Package which takes care of all the child packages setting configurations to help the data flow from CPMS to Staging.
- Designed and developed packages for data warehouse using Integration services (SSIS) SQL Server 2008/2012.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP with the help of SSIS.
- Deploy SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Tested, Cleaned and Standardized Data meeting the business standards using Fuzzy /exact lookups using SSIS tasks.
- Experience in developing Database Schemas / Joins, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedures / Data Dictionary.
- Experience and knowledge in designing and developing data visualization strategies.
- Imported data from text files and excel spread sheets into SQL Server 2008 database using SSIS package.
- Data management and data processing solutions using SSIS, this includes Error Handling and Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing design tools, development tools, code management, regression testing and performance tuning.
- Responsible for Deploying the SSIS packages and scheduling the package through Jobs in all Tiers including Dev, INT, UAT and Production.
- Experienced in Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Extensive Experience on Cube Development both OLAP & Tabular Cube Environments.
- Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage Modes, partitions, Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Experience in creating Tablix Reports, Matrix Reports, Parameterized Reports, Cascading and Sub Reports using SQL, MDX at Reporting Services 2012.
- Generated custom and parameterized reports using SSRS
- Created Sub Reports, Snapshot, Cache and Linked Reports.
- Experience in creating adhoc reports Using Report Builder 2.0 and Report Builder 3.0.
- Involved in Migration of SSRS 2008 to SSRS 2012.
- Used Performance Point Server to create interactive reports with an ability to drill down into details.
- Deployed SSRS Reports in Target Servers and SharePoint server.
- Created SQL Agents Jobs for SSIS, SSAS Cubes and SQL Scripts.
- BI Knowledge Transfer to other Technology Peoples.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2 & 2012 Enterprise Edition, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDX, Tabular Cube, Power Pivots-SQL, SQL Agent, SQL Profiler, MS Access, MS Excel, & Windows 2003 server, C#, TFS
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Extracted data using SSIS packages (ETL) from different server locations and data sources.
- Created packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to a centralized SQL server using OLEDB providers from the existing diversified data sources. .
- Worked with integration services for transferring and reviewing data from heterogeneous sources like Excel, CSV, flat file, Text Format Data.
- Designed high level SSIS architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse.
- Analyzed & designed the business rules for data cleansing that are required by the staging & OLAP and OLTP databases.
- Implemented the Data Cleansing using various transformations such as Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup and Derived Column.
- Involved in maintaining batch log tables and error logging tables to handle errors using event handlers.
- Used various data flow transformation in packages based on the business need such as Data conversion, condition split, multicast, union all merge, merge join, sort, etc.
- Migrated packages from development server to production server using package configuration.
- Created Parameterized, Linked, Snapshot, Cached, Ad hoc, Click through, Drill down, and Drill through, Sub reports using SSRS.
- Designed and implemented Parameterized and Cascading Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Deployed generated reports onto the Report Server to access it through browser.
- Created various geographical and time dimension reports of fiscal year, quarter month, week and daily reports for all domains and published through Report Server.
- Created various reports by comparing the growth of company based on each quarter by using bar charts.
- Responsible for generating annual reports based on the growth of company with respect to customers.
- Worked as a developer in creating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Improved Performance of the database by creating Clustered and non-clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler.
- Conducted user training sessions and supported the requests for enhancements, modifications and new reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2, Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Performance Point Server 2008R2, Microsoft Share point Server, T-SQL, .NET, C# MS Access and Excel.
Confidential, Wilmington, NC
SQL Server BI (SSIS, SSRS) Developer
- Reviewed and analyzed business requirements of the company and end-users, and delivered timely, accurate, meaningful and standardized reports.
- Created, managed schema objects like Tables, Views, Indexes, Functions, Stored Procedures as per the user requirement.
- Implemented Error Handling Using T-SQL Queries like TRY-CATCH Block, RAISE ERROR.
- Worked on Performance Tuning utilizing in-built tool, SQL Server Profiler to analyze and optimize the execution plans for optimum query performance.
- Deployed SSIS Packages in development and production servers and Involved in ETL framework standards like error processing, reconciliation, validation.
- Developed SSIS Packages by extracting data from various data sources such as Excel, Flat files, OLE DB, XML into MS Visual Studio and employed numerous transformations like Aggregate, Audit, Conditional Split, Fuzzy Grouping/Lookup, Derived Columns, Row Count/Sampling, Script Component, Merge and Merge Join, Multicast, Slowly Changing Dimension etc., using variables, parameterized mappings and expressions.
- Hands on experience using control flow tasks such as Script Task, Execute Task, Execute SQL Task, Sequence Container, For Loop Container, Bulk Insert Task
- Migrated DTS Packages to SSIS Packages and loaded the data from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Experience in SSIS error handing using event handlers, breakpoints, SSIS loggings, package configurations.
- Used Send Mail Task in SSIS and worked with SMTP Managers to send alert emails.
- Built the Dimensions, cubes with Star schema and Snow flake schema using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Extracted data from multidimensional cube and designed Tabular, Matrix, Drill Down, Parameterized and Linked Reports using SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
- Generated database monitoring and data validation reports in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
- Involved in designing and implementing Terabyte size of SQL Server database systems and experience in designing and implementing multidimensional databases.
- Fair Knowledge of DB high availability concepts like MS SQL Clustering, Replication, Log Shipping and DB Mirroring.
- Used Query Analyzer, Profiler, Index Wizard and Performance Monitor for performance tuning.
- Created complex cubes using SSAS to ensure better application performance and enabled flexible reporting capabilities.
Environment: Enterprise Edition, T-SQL, SSIS,SSRS, SSAS, DTS, ETL Strategies, BI tools, Visual Studio, .NET, Windows 2000 Advance Server, Windows 2003 Advance Server, MS Excel, MS Access.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Migrated SSIS packages from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 as SSIS Packages
- Working in Agile Methodology tracking the product backlog and resolved the defects assigned in daily scrum.
- Familiar with CMMI, the Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) along with Agile and Scrum
- Testing (that includes unit, integrated, regression, and UAT) a new .NET application which uses Microsoft Visual Studio under the Scrum (Agile) Methodology
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files etc.) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS packages.
- Used various Data Flow Transformations like Lookup, Union All, Multicast, Cache Transform, and Conditional Split while developing the packages.
- Developed SSIS Packages using Look Up Values & implementing rules provided by Business in the mapping document.
- Created UAT test cases and scenarios based on Use Cases, and made sure that UAT test cases meets the business requirements.
- Involved in user training sessions and assisting in UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Use DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for the creation of calculations and measures in the Tabular Models
- Worked on managing ETL process by pulling large volume of data from OLTP to a staging Database Using SSIS for Data transformation
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse.
- Executing data validation stored procedures in SSIS packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Identified the potential Issues that occur during the package execution by redirecting the rows from source component to Error Output.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source (Oracle), Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server 2012
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse.
- Transferred data from various sources like MS Excel, Flat File and SQL Server using SSIS and then created reports using this data using SSRS.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Installed, configured, maintained Tableau Environments; DEV, QA, and Production.
- Responsible for maintaining User and Group permissions across servers and dashboards.
- Extracted data from SQL Server 2008 into data marts, views, and/or flat files for Tableau workbook consumption using T-SQL.
- Used reporting objects like Tabular, Matrix, Sub Reports, Parameterized reports using SSRS 2012.
- Used SSAS for deploying the tabular mode cube for analysis purpose.
- Created usage based aggregations in cube to minimize time for query retrieval from client tool Target.
- Worked with shell scripts to extract data from Oracle systems and set up FASTLOAD and MULTILOAD jobs to load extracted data into TERADATA Databases in QA environment.
- Created and modified various Stored Procedures used in the application using T-SQL.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development environment for Sql server 2012.
- Scheduled and maintain packages by daily, weekly and monthly using SQL Server Agent.
- Creation of user Databases, managing security and created stored procedures.
- Handled the database components (Code migration, Change control) for application releases.
- Develop BI strategies and roadmaps in alignment with the organization's goals and translate them in to structured plans for evolving business capabilities with actionable insights.
- Improved Report Performance and performed unit testing
Environment: SQL Server 2012,DAX,Windows7,MDX,Tableau,Teradata,UAT, STM, LDM, Windows Server 2012, SSIS, and SSRS, SSAS, Visual Studio 2012, SSMS
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins, Temp tables for applications.
- Creating staging tables and Data-Mart or target tables using transformations.
- Loading the data in the systems using Loader scripts, Cursors, Stored Procedures.
- Highly skilled and experienced in Agile Development process for diverse requirements
- Good understanding of agile software development lifecycle (iterative and incremental)
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Multicast and Lookup etc., which did Data Scrubbing, including data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Use Powerpivot to extract, import and join data that coming from different sources and use DAX to create new calculated measures and make this available in Clients SharePoint Site.
- Assisted in System Test and UAT testing scenarios as required
- Troubleshoot any problems found within FACETS 5.01 and when testing the SQL data database while validating against the business rules.
- Responsible for working with the team to review and modify process flows to increase productivity and effectively utilize FACETS 5.01 features not provided by the legacy systems
- Developed and deployed data transfers packages using SSIS, also maintained the jobs running on Servers.
- Tested, Cleaned and Standardized Data meeting the business standards using Fuzzy /exact lookups using SSIS tasks
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS for clinical reports
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Designed and developed matrix and tabular reports with drill down, drill through and drop down menu option using SSRS.
- Created reports having actions like URL and bookmarks, which helped to easily navigate through the report using SSRS 2008.
- Design and deploy various reports such as drill down, drill through, charts, parameterized and linked reports using SSRS as well as managed the subscription of the reports
- Testing the data in Test Environment, client validation and issues resolution.
- Developed various drill down and drill through reports which involved complex chart based reports.
- Created reports from the OLAP cubes using SSRS.
- Resolved any deadlocks issues with the databases/servers on a real-time basis. In-Depth working knowledge of ODBC.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that took longer execution time.
- Extensively worked with Team Foundation Server 2012.
- Performed unit and system testing, troubleshooting and bug fixing in Prod and QA environments.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2,Windows Server 2008R2,STM, LDM,MDX, Visual Studio 2008, T-sql, Pl/Sql,SSAS,SharePoint2007/2010,DAX,Teradata, FACETS,TFS 2012.