- A certified SQL Server DBA having over Seven (7) years of professional experience in SQL Server Database Administration with excellent technical knowledge, and troubleshooting experience in the areas of SQL Server Database Administration, Database Design/Modeling, create, deploy, manage reports, package create and deploy using DTS, and Integration Services (SSIS), Backup/Recovery, Monitoring, Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning, Replications, AlwaysOn, Mirroring, Clustering and writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Constraints and Views. Besides that, I also hold depth knowledge in design and implement Database Security, Encryption, and TDE (Transparent Data Encryption).
- To entail my knowledge, I have strong experience in using third party tools like RedGate, Idera, Solar Winds, OpNet, ERWin, Visio, and Toad Data Modeler in managing SQL Server database and designing databases.
- Very good team player and can work without supervision self - motivated and can easily work with nontechnical people.
Database: SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008R2, 2005, MS Access Databases
Operating System: Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2003 R2, Windows XP, 7, 10 and VMware
ETL Tools: SSIS/DTS, BCP
Reporting: SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), VISIO 2007/2010
Data Modeling: ERWin, Visio, Toad Data Modeler, SSDD (SQL Server Database Diagram)
ThirdParty Tools: RedGate, Idera, ERWin, Visio, Toad Data Modeler, OpNet, SolarWinds
Networking: Active Directory, TCP/IP
Hardware/Storage: SAN, RAID
SQL Server Database Administrator/DBA
- Installed, Configured, and Maintained SQL Server 2014, 2012, and 2008 R2 in development, test, and production environment
- Installed, Configured and Managed Database Mirroring, Replication and Log Shipping
- Managed Fail-Over Clustering using SQL Server 2012
- Installed and Configured SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Configured and Maintained Replications, Log Shipping, and Mirroring for High Availability.
- Upgraded SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008 R2 Database to SQL Server 2012
- Migrated MS Access 2010 databases into MS SQL Server 2005 and 2008R2
- Migrated Oracle 10gR2 and MySQL 5.1.23 databases to SQL Server 2008 R2
- Applied SP (Service Pack) on SQL Server as routine maintenance work
- Performed Performance tuning on Databases, TSQL, and Database Servers
- Wrote T-SQL scripts, Views, Triggers. and Stored-Procedures and performed performance tuning on TSQL codes
- Utilized DBCC to check database conditions and Rebuilding indexes as well
- Wrote TSQL Scripts for creating, modifying tables, Index (Cluster/Non-Cluster), Constraints (Unique/Check), and Views
- Database Design, Backward and Forward Engineering, Creating E-R Diagram
- Used Export/Import Utilities and SSIS Packages to load data from text, Excel, and CSV files to SQL Server Databases and also performed SQL Server Data dump to Excel, and CSV
- Used Export/Import Utilities and SSIS Packages to load data from Oracle, and MySQL to SQL Server Reporting Databases
- Developed, Deployed, and Managed Reports using BIDS, SSDT in SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Designed/Redesigned Database Backup and Recovery Strategy for regular backups and Disaster Recovery purposes. It also includes Point in Time Recovery
- Performed Monitoring and Troubleshooting jobs, scheduled jobs such as monitoring backups, database health, disk space, Memory, and CPU
- Developed Maintenance Plans for database maintenance purposes like index rebuild, statistics updates
- Monitor Server Activity, Error Log, space usage and solving problem as needed
SQL Server DBA
- Migrated and Upgraded SQL Server 2005 and 2008 to 2008 R2 and 2012
- Configured database monitoring software OpNet for SQL Server Servers and Database Monitoring and Troubleshooting for Performance related tasks
- OpNet is used mostly for tracing SQL/TSQL transactions, execution time, and blocking
- Performed database/infrastructure physical design, and configured storage for data and log files
- Performed acceptance testing to verify database changes like new deployment works without any adverse consequences/performance issues
- Customized support for Client’s Applications database objects and structures such as tables, indexes, views, triggers, Functions, Procedures.
- Developed & maintained scripts, utility jobs and their performances
- Implemented & managed database Mirroring, Replications, and Log Shipping technologies
- Developed, tested & implemented database backup and recovery strategy to maintain clients requirements
- Monitored data activities such as database status, logs, space utilization, extents, Checkpoints, locks and long transactions.
- Suggested Application level tuning changes for code, queries, SQL objects that may not be performing up to the optimum database performance standards.
- Adhered to Change Control Procedures and developed & executed scripted changes requests in accordance with change control procedures.
- Set up security for databases, tables, and procedures
- Managed security by defining roles and rights.
- Handled Logical Data and Index partitioning for large tables
- Created, administered & maintained SQL Server Databases to Production, Development, Test and Staging Environment for various groups such as Developer, QA, BA, and User.
- Handled Fine Tuning Operating System in-coordination with Server and Network Administrator to utilize the maximum resources for Database and Applications.
- Worked independently and as a team member as well
- Migrated and Upgraded SQL Server 2005 and 2008 to 2008 R2 and 2012
- Expertise in Database Administration on Production Servers with server configuration, performance tuning and maintenance with outstanding troubleshooting capabilities.
- Strong technical background along with the ability to perform business analysis and write effective documentation and specifications.
- Expertise in T-SQL writing stored procedures, triggers and functions.
- Administering SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Expert in data transformation services and Bulk Loads with SSIS and BULK INSERT ETL operations.
- Implemented the new SQL Server 2012 mechanisms like data compression, online indexing, Contained Databases, security principals and AAG.
- Worked on logical and physical data base modeling with UML and ERWIN tools.
- Experience in using DMV and dynamic management functions for finding out long running queries.
- Worked extensively on Clustering and server consolidation. Troubleshooting production issues and raising high availability.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery Planning and Security Management operations.
- Proficiency and expertise in SQL Server Replication, Backup/Recovery, Disaster recovery and planning.
- Having hands on experience in DR processes including Log Shipping and Database Mirroring.
- Worked on configuring SQL Server with minimum privileged access.
- Handled multiple SQL Instances on Cluster environment for Server Consolidation projects built on SAN using RAID levels.
- Troubleshoot performance problems, fine-tuning of databases and index Analysis.
- Worked on SQL Server 2012 migration from SQL Server 2008 / 2005.
- Experience on 64 bit SQL Server 2012 / SQL Server 2008 R2 systems and MSCS Configurations.
- Implemented Always-ON (AAG) on SQL Server 2012 SP2 CU5
- Maintained individual service accounts for SQL Server services on cluster with different Security groups to raise security mark.
- Having Experience on Data center servers and handling 1.4 TB databases.
- Handling Memory configurations for SQL Server 2014 and SQL Server 2012 on Windows 2012.
- Experience in Batch processes, Import, Export, Backup, Database Monitoring tools and Application support.
- Created Linked Servers between SQL Server 2008 R2 & Oracle 9i and 10g. Also created DTS package for data transfer between the two environments.
- Working knowledge in Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and Clustering.
- Experience in mentoring team members and writing documentation.
- 24 X 7 Production Database on Call Support