- More than 8 years of experience in Data Modeling and Implementation of Database systems using MS SQL SERVER 2005/2008/R2/2012 for OLTP and Data warehousing applications for making decision on business process.
- Created OLTP database from different business requirement documents.
- Worked on gathering business requirements from end users and converting them into functional requirements and creating documentations, design and development on those requirements.
- Worked on ETL process development from XML, Excel and CSV files into SQL Server database tables using T - SQL
- Created, updated and optimized with error handling for Storing cleaned data into Databases through T-SQL.
- Implemented different database objects for data integrity, data availability and consistency.
- Expertise in creating and optimizing T-SQL store procedures using indexes, UDFs, joins, error handling, views as well as with use of execution plan, SQL profiler and DTA in OLTP environment.
- Created SQL automation script for different DB objects creating, disabling and dropping with file structure including tables, functions, procedures, PKs, FKs, triggers and indexes.
- Worked on Dynamic SQL for different custom reports including stopping SQL Injection attacks.
- Implemented Delta process for production database using T-SQL script.
- Database Maintenance and SQL Agent jobs created and monitored production server.
- Created Dev, QA and production environment for database and maintain Backup and Transaction Log issue
- Extensive ETL experience using DTS/SSIS for Data Extractions, Transformations and Loads.
- Having good knowledge in power shell scripting
- Expertise in developing application using.NET 2.5, C#, SQL Server.
- Expertise in developing codes for mobile apps using Java Scripting on Eclipse tool.
- Experience in data analysis, design and development of databases for business applications in a client/server and data warehouse environments in SQL 2005/2008/2012 .
- Good knowledge in RDBMS concepts, Data warehousing concepts, OLTP & OLAP.
- Expertise in Merging data from various Heterogeneous Data sources, Populating Dimension andFact tables in Data warehouses and Data Marts, Cleaning and Standardizing data loaded intoOLTP and OLAP databases using SSIS.
- Involved in creating Jobs, SQL Mail Agent, Alerts and Schedule SSIS Packages.
- Great Expertise in creating and managing Event Handlers,Package Configurations, Logging,System and User-defined Variables for SSIS Packages.
- Experienced in software development life cycle (SDLC) involving system analysis, design development and implementation using Waterfall methodology and Agile methodology.
- Skilled at assessing client needs, working in groups, suggesting ideas that enhance efficiency andperformance, implementing technology solutions, and training end users.
- Good team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivationinitiative and the ability to think outside the box.
Operating System: Windows XP/8/10/server,UNIX
Languages: C++,C#, .NET, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010/2012
Tools: DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS,Visual basic
DATABASE: MS Access, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 /2014, Oracle8i/9i
Tools: /Utility: Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), Database Tuning Advisor, DTS, Analysis Manager, BCP, SQL Profiler
Software: MS Office, Visio, Adobe Photoshop, MS-Excel, MS-Project 2010
Reporting Services: Excel, SQL Server Reporting Services 2005/2008/2012, Oracle Report Builder
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
Sr. SQL Power BI Developer
- Actively supported business users for change in requests. Gathered user requirements.
- Created and modified various Stored Procedures, triggers, tables, views and other SQL joins used in the application using T-SQL.
- Optimized queries & stored procedures and monitored server performance using SQL Profiler.
- Worked on MS SQL Server tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, BCP, DTS, Instances, Linked Servers and Indexes.
- Managed the entire ETL process involving the access, manipulation, analysis, interpretation andpresentation of information from both internal and secondary data sources to customers.
- Created the Logical,Physical model and ETL Mapping Documents based on Business logic.
- Configured the SSIS Packages using Environment Variables for Dynamic Selection ofDevelopment and Production Environment.
- Converted data types using Derived Column, Data Conversion Transformation.
- Converted various data files (CSV, XML and Legacy Flat Files) based on business logic using Script Task and Script Component.
- Designed and developed different reports like Matrix and Tabular reports, Cascaded, Parameterized, and pie chart reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expertise in developing Ad-Hoc, drill down, Drill through and Dashboard reports using Local and Global Variables, Expressions and Filters in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server.
- Designed Cubes with star schema in SSAS and Executing Analysis Services Processing Task in SSIS for processing cubes in packages.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Identified and defined Fact relationships and relationships between Dimensions and Measure groups in SSAS.
- Created calculated fields with MDX code to meet additional measures needs that are calculated from existing measures.
- Developed administrative tasks of SQL Server of performing daily Backups and Recovery procedures.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SSRS 2008 R2, SSIS 2008 R2, MS Visual Studio 2008, T-SQL, C#, VB Script, Window 7, Team Foundation Server.
Confidential, Dayton OHIO
SR. Database Developer
- Collected business requirements for the OLTP system; reviewed needs of each business unit and collaborated with department heads.
- Analyzed and prepared detailed studies regarding the current OLTP System across the company to determine new analytical requirements.
- Maintained the OLTP domain integrity, created check constraints and triggers.
- Developed logical and physical data models for data mart with ER-win.
- Created stored procedures, user defined functions, views, and TSQL scripts for OLTP per the business requirements.
- Created multiple stored procedures for index maintenance, data profiling, and data cleansing.
- Wrote stored procedures to implement type-1 and type-2 scd’s for incremental loads.
- Managed Indexes (clustered/non-clustered indexes) wherever necessary.
- Wrote complex queries utilizing joins, sub queries, CTEs, and set operators involving multiple tables.
- Analyzed execution plans to optimize queries; created proper indexes to improve the OLTP database performance.
- Implemented error handling techniques (try catch block, raise error system function, and @@error system variable).
- Optimized queries or stored procedures to improve report generation.
- Analyzed query performance-tuning utilizing execution plan analysis, SQL profiler, and DTA.
- Modified TSQL queries and stored procedures to solve performance issues with ETL strategies and SSRS reports.
- Provided oversight and code review for off-shore teams and efforts.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSIS (2012/2008), SSRS (2012/2008), SSAS (2012/2008), Visual Studio 2010/2013, MS Excel 2010, Power Pivot, T-SQL, C#, VB Script, Window 7, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SR. Database Developer
- Collaborated in JRD Sessions - gathered business requirements from Business users.
- Transformed Business Requirements into Functional and Non-Functional Requirements; interfaced between the client and development team with JAD sessions.
- Developed the Relational database based on data requirements and infrastructure.
- Created database objects - tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, cursors, indexes, user defined functions.
- Maintained data integrity; created various constraints and DML triggers for relational databases.
- Created complex stored procedures to perform index maintenance, data profiling, metadata searches, critical staging procedures, and reporting databases.
- Modified the existing data warehouse with facts and dimensions to hold current and historical data for reporting purposes.
- Improved the performance of SQL scripts and stored procedures with UDFs, CTEs, and system stored procedures; utilized SQL profiler and database tuning advisor.
- Monitored and improved SQL Server performance; created baselines utilizing log-file viewer activity monitoring system, DBCC utilities (database consistency checks), SQL profiler, and Database Tuning Advisor (DTA).
- Developed, debugged, and optimized complex T-SQL queries according to the business logic and specifications.
- Monitored the DB and optimized stored procedures to improve performance, resolve locking conflicts, and adjust resource utilization.
- Executed index analyses on tables; created improved solutions for clustered and non-clustered Indexes to gain a significant performance boost.
- Analyzed the execution plans and optimized queries by removing bookmarks/key lookups with covering Indexes on OLTP tables and column store indexes to enhance read operations.
- Designed a database optimization plan with the creation of table partitions and the use of appropriate Indexes.
- Collaborated with the senior architect and DBA to develop data validation procedures; implemented logic for required business rules.
- Developed and created various backup and recovery plans depending upon OLTP loads, server down time, percentage of data loss, and budget issues.
- Supported the logging framework by generating reports to identify trends and develop strategies.
- Tracked bug trends and code changes with Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSIS (2014/2012), SSRS (2014/2012), Visual Studio 2012/2014, MS Excel 2010, Power Pivot, T-SQL, C#, VB Script, Window 7, HSP, Meditrac, Medical Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Responsible for creating Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Rules.
- Responsible for developing processes, automation of maintenance jobs, tuning SQL Server, locks and indexes configurations, administering SQL Server security, SQL Server automatic e-mail notification and SQL Server backup strategy and automation.
- Interacting with users to gather Business requirements and Analyzing, Designing and Developing the Data feed and Reporting systems by adding or enhancing relevant entities/ tables, columns etc.
- Worked on designing, creating and deploying SSIS packages for transferring data from flat files, excels spreadsheets and heterogeneous data to and from SQL Server.
- Creating SSIS package to load data from Flat file to data warehouse databases using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate and Pivot Transformation.
- Configured SSIS packages using Package configuration wizard to allow packages run on different environments.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user groups.
- Scheduled and maintain packages by daily, weekly and monthly using SQL Server Agent in SSMS.
- Converted existing excels based reports and crystal reports to SSRS reports.
- Created Drill-down, Parameterized and Sub-Reports using SSRS.
- Deployed and uploaded the SSRS reports to Report Manager for the end users and involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Identified and added the report parameters and formatted the reports using the Global variablesand expressions.
- Improved existing reports performance by using execution log and optimized the underlying procedure and queries.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, BIDS 2005/2008, SSRS 2005/2008, SSIS 2005/2008, MS Access, Visual Studio, T-SQL, Windows, Crystal Reports.
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
- Gathered business requirements, defined and designed the data sources, data flows, data quality analysis, worked in conjunction with the data warehouse architect on the development of logical data models.
- Involved in Creating Database Objects like tables, views, constraints, indexes, functions, procedures, and triggers and maintained Referential Integrity.
- Worked with Exception handling with @@error and with Try/catch.
- Created ETL packages using SSIS to move data from various heterogeneous data sources.
- Created logs for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Implemented error handling and roll back process in ETL load.
- Configured SSIS packages using Package Configuration wizard to allow packages run on different environments.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases.
- Used XML and environmental variables in the package configuration for Deploying SSIS packages.
- Created Drill Down, Drill Through and Various Cross tabbed reports using SSRS.
- Responsible for Deployment of the report using SSRS and used Report subscription (Data Driven and Email) to publish reports.
- Generated database monitoring and data validation reports in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
- Designed OLAP Star and Snow-flake schemas and then Dimension and Fact Tables.
- Determined the MS SQL Server 2008 installation options. Installed SQL Server Management toolsusing SQL Server Setup Program. Tested the Installation of SQL Server and implemented differentsecurity modes.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, Visual Studio 2008, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL server profiler, Visual Source Safe (VSS).
MS SQL Server Developer
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, deployment.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2008 successfully.
- Created Stored Procedures, User defined functions, Views, Triggers, Indexes and Wrote T- SQL codes maintaining query standards for the project.
- Extensively used Joins and sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables, added Columns, triggers and Worked on Index tuning, stored Procedure tuning.
- Scheduled Daily and weekly Jobs and Alerting using SQL Server Agent.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using Index Tuning Wizard.
- Performed extensive data extraction from web and other sources and handled data preparation - missing values, formatting, transformations using SSIS.
- Handled migrations from DTS to SSIS 2005/2008.
- Deployed the SSIS packages from development server to production server.
- Worked on Error Handling and Event Handlers, Break point, SSIS Logging and Check points.
- Developed administrative tasks of SQL Server of performing daily Backups and Recovery procedures.
- Prepared daily and weekly status reports and collaborated with other team members.
- Prepared the detailed project layout, analyzed existing technology involved, and documented work performed and stored in Visual Source Safe (VSS).
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, DTS, MS Access, MS Excel, Windows 2003 servers, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Studio 2008.
Jr. SQL Server Developer
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2005 on servers for designing and testing.
- Created other database objects like tables, views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Triggers and indexes.
- Create joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Created all kinds of SQL Server Constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys, Defaults, Check, Unique etc.).
- Error handling using Try-Catch Block.
- Modified database structures as directed for test/develop environments and assist with coding&design.
- Involved in performance tuning of the database and T-SQL queries.
- Automated Stored Procedures to load data into staging and production environments in a timely manner using SQL Server Agent.
- Configured Snapshot replication for reporting, user acceptance test and development servers.
- Performed unit and system testing, troubleshooting and bug fixing in development and QA environments.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, VB, MS Word 2005, DTS, SQL Profiler, Visual Source Safe, DTS/SSIS 2005, Import and Export Wizard, BCP, Windows Server 2003, UNIX.