- Oracle certified lead DBA and a strong team player with 9 years of award winning experience in improving the business’s database system infrastructure availability, functionality and performance by using the systematic and demonstrable approach of sound support, maintenance and diagnostic methodology.
- Executed the projects tasks in various capacities such as solution architect, building proof of concept & prototype, planner, coordinator, mentor and database system administrator.
- Met the goals and produced exceptional team results through excellent interpersonal, communicational and analytical skills.
- 9 years of experience working as Database Administrator
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 9i,10g,11g2 and 12c RAC on Windows, Unix and Linux platforms.
- Migrated/Upgraded several databases from 9i to 10g, 10g to 11g and from 11gr2 to 12c.
- Oracle Exadata administration supporting multiple database RAC environments.
- Proficient in scheduling jobs, patches, alerting for databases and also database administration through OEM12c and 13c cloud control.
- Excellent experience in performance tuning using STATSPACK, EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, ASH, AWR and ADDM reports.
- Configured and administered many installations of Data Guard and Active Data Guard.
- Successful in Providing 24x7 On - call Support for Production databases on rotation basis.
- Excellent experience in Backup and Recovery strategies using RMAN, Export/Import, Data pump, Hot and Cold backups.
- Experienced in network troubleshooting and administration.
- Extensive interaction with Business Analyst, Managers, Developers, QA and End Users.
- Excellent communication Skills
- Creating and reviewing documentations for change management, implementation plan and proof of concept (POC).
- Proficiency in identifying database performance issue and providing resolution.
- Installed, configured and managed several RAC databases in oracle 10g, 11g and 12c
- Extensive knowledge on database administration of Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c with experience in very large-scale database environment and mission critical large OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle cloud control 12c and 13c Architecture, Framework, and Infrastructure.
- Extensive working experience with Oracle supports for bugs & issue resolutions.
- Excellent experience with Unix Shell scripts to automate database operation.
- Hands on experience on LDAP implementation and setting up mirror mode replication.
Oracle Engineered System: Exadata, ZFS appliance
Operating Systems: RHEL 5.3/6.0, Aix 5.3/6.1/7.1, Windows Server 2003/2008
Storage Technologies: Oracle ASM.
Databases: Oracle (9i,10g, 11g, 12C)
Tools: & Utility: Oracle cloud control (OEM), TOAD, SQL Developer, Oracle Performance pack, SQL *Plus, RMAN, Putty, Office 2003/2010, Export/Import, Data Pump, SQL*Loader, ASMCMD, NID.
Confidential, Farmington, MI
Sr. Database Administrator/Architect
- Support multiple mission critical RAC databases running on Exadata machine.
- Maintained database backup and recovery procedures that support business continuity.
- Performed Databases Refresh using RMAN duplicate and Schema level refresh from Production to UAT and DEV Environments for testing Purposes.
- Performed monthly partition maintenance like truncating partitions and adding new partitions.
- Supported migration of databases from non-Exadata environment to Exadata machine using different migration strategies such as Data Pump, RMAN and Data Guard.
- Installation and Configuration of 13c Cloud Control and deployment of agents to targets.
- Applied quarterly patches and one-off patches on regular basis.
- Performed application Query tuning using utilities ADDM, AWR, ASH, Explain Plan, SQL Tuning Advisor and suggested the best access path for the SQL queries.
- Involved in the complete Software Development life cycle (SDLC) by supporting Database design, System analysis, design and development.
- Support code release and database deployments.
- Supported a 24X7 production support and on call rotation.
- Respond to database alerts and perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Provide training to junior DBAs and Developers on Oracle best practices
- Responsible for Oracle Database Administrator, providing 24x7 supports for production and development 11g/10g databases on different platforms like Linux/AIX and windows.
- Planning, installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c databases on Linux, AIX and Windows OS.
- Responsible for Installation of RAC and Managing RAC Environment efficiently.
- Performs daily database backup of development and test environments, use production data to refresh development and test schemas for testing
- Extensively using DATAPUMP and Export /Import utilities for logical backups.
- Analyzing the Tables and Indexes on performance base regularly.
- Documented database structure, changes, problems, issues for future reference.
- Provide network troubleshooting and administrative support for the development staff.
- Troubleshoot and resolve various Oracle connectivity problems.
- Expertise in the creation of databases, table spaces, tables, indexes and other database objects.
- Implemented and maintained Oracle 10g/11g Data guard/standby databases for fail-over purposes.
- Cleaning the ORACLE HOME file system by cleaning the log files, alert log file and listener.log files.
- Knowledge of writing Automated Scripts in the cron for backups and restoration.
- Used EXPORT/IMPORT to do table level and full database defragmentation.
- Managed RAC Linux servers running Oracle in cluster environments.
- Work within the production support team and maintain operational consistency and efficiency.
- On quarterly basis perform DR-Drill activity to test application functionality.
Environment: Oracle Database (10g, 11g and 12c), IBM-AIX, RMAN, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Shell scripting, RHEL6.1/7.1, UNIX, SQL*LOADER, Oracle OEM, Putty, Data guard.
- Managing users, roles & privileges, backup & recovery procedures using daily hot backups and weekly cold backup.
- Designing and enforcing standards and naming conventions.
- Cloned databases from production to Dev/Test environments.
- Performs general DBA duties (install software, create databases, table spaces, add redo log files, managing storage & work closely with Sr. DBA on capacity planning and performance tuning)
- Used various data movement utilities like export, import and Load, Planning.
- Identify and make recommendations per database performance issues.
- Planning and implementing Backup strategy for the databases using RMAN, Scripting backups, once in weeks on the application database.
- Configured and Administered GoldenGate replication.
- Oracle Database and SQL tuning using EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, AWR and ADDM reports.
- Loading the data using SQL Loader.
- Carrying out DR-DRILL activity (Snapshot standby, Switchover-Failover).
- Sound knowledge in oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer and SQL* plus.
- Troubleshooting and Recovery of Database from Data file losses. Backup and Recovery involving archiving, redo logs, data files using RMAN.
- Performs DB patching, DB Cloning, Install DB, troubleshoot issues/errors, DB/Application Maintenance using manual approach, Collaborate with Oracle support for bugs & issues resolutions and personal research.
- Developed strategies for data extraction from various source systems, transformation and loading into data warehouse target systems.
Environment: Oracle Database (9i, 10g, 11g), Shell Script, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL loader, TKPROF, Windows 2003.