- An SQL developer with 8+ years of extensive experience in Database Solutions and BI Solutions using Microsoft Technologies.
- Extensive experience in Data Modeling, Design, Development, Implementation & Administration of Database systems using MSSQL 2005/2008/2012/2014 for both OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing) & Data warehousing Systems ( SSRS,SSIS, SSAS)
- Experience in SDLC methodologies & Agile/Waterfall project methodologies in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of client - server based applications.
- Experience in database programming in writing Stored procedures, User Defined Data Types, Triggers, Constraints, Indexes, CTEs and Batch Scripts using T-SQL/PL-SQL
- Experience in Writing Complex T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, Sub-queries, Co-related sub queries, Complex joins.
- Excellent knowledge of performance tuning in stored procedures and queries, using tools like SQL Profiler, Execution Plans, Database Tuning Advisor, DMV’s with efficient coding standards.
- Experienced in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using both heterogeneous and homogenous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations.
- Strong knowledge and experience in error handling of SSIS packages. Using transactions, check points (package restart ability features), break points and error logging procedures.
- Experienced in data migrations, ETL processes using SSIS, DTS for Data warehouse implementation Projects involving conversion of data from heterogeneous sources like DB2, and Oracle, Sybase, Teradata.
- Highly experienced in full cycle of DTS/SQL server integration services (SSIS 2005/2008/2012/2014 ) Packages (Developing, Scheduling, Configuring, Troubleshooting and monitoring) for performing data transfers and ETL Purposes across different servers.
- Interpreting and working with data models, data flows and data dictionaries, logical & physical Data modeling, Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration, Development, Deployment and Troubleshoot Reporting services using SSRS 2005/2008/2012/2014 across various environments.
- Expert in designing various reports like table format, matrix, dashboards and creating subscriptions using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2005/2008/2012/2014 ) and Excel Pivot
- Created SSRS projects and reports in SSDT, sort and toggle object visibility to modified report, assigned item level permissions and site security roles, created report schedules and subscriptions.
- Expert and proficient in highly analytical & detailed reports that include drilldown, drill through, parameterized (Cascading parameters), TopN, Summary, OLAP, cross tab, linked and sub reports and filters, charts in SSRS 2005/2008/2012/2014 .
- Extensive experience in SQL Server Analysis Services OLAP Cubes, and Data Mining.
- Highly skilled in developing OLAP cubes using SSAS 2005/2008/2012/2014 , calculating measures, measure groups and dimension members in SQL Server Analysis Services using multi-dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulae, and user-defined functions.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Physical & Logical Data Modeling- Relational, Multi-Dimensional Modeling Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling DSV diagrams, Fact and Dimensions Tables using Analysis Services.
- Created Dashboard pages in SharePoint Server that use different types of web parts and excel services for reports
- Developed cubes using Partitions added the Key Performance Indicators (KPI), partition aggregations, Perspectives, slow changing dimensions etc. and created various user roles.
BI Tools: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, QlikView, SSDT (BIDS), Business Objects, Power BI, Visual Studio, Crystal Reports 9.0, Teradata, Performance Point Server, ProClarity, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Erwin, Jasper Soft Studio.
Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 , Access, MySQL, Oracle 10g, 11g.
Operating Systems:: Windows Server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Windows 8/NT/XP/Professional, MS-DOS, Red Hat Linux
Application package: MS Office Suite, Visio, Power BI
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C/C++, HTML, XML, C#.Net, ActiveX, XML, MS Access, HTML, DHTML, Shell Scripting
Tools: SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Protocol:: FTP, TCP/IP, Named Pipes
Confidential, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Created the ETL (SSIS) packages and ETL procedures scheduled them for Jobs.
- Modifying scripts to handle automated Loading/Extraction and Transformation (ETL) of data using (SSIS).
- Involved in Source Data Analysis and Designing Mappings for data extraction also responsible for Design and Development of SSIS Packages to load the Data from various Databases and Files.
- Extensively worked in data integration in developing ETL mappings and scripts using SSIS.
- Data migration (import & export - BCP) from Text to SQL Server.
- Implemented batch processing using Jobs and DTS.
- Involved in Designing, Developing and Testing of the ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems feeds using SSIS.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Responsible for coding SSIS processes to import data into the Data Warehouse from Excel spreadsheets, Flat Files and OLEDB Sources (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 etc.).
- Involved in building and maintaining SSIS Packages to import and export the data from various data sources using SSDT based on the design data models.
- Worked on various tasks and transformations like Execute SQL Task, Execute Package Task, and Conditional split, Script Component, Merge and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Created stored procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views for both Online and Batch requests handling business logic and functionality of various modules.
- Responsible for Database and Log Backups & Restoration, Backup Strategies and Scheduling Backups.
- Designed the user interface screens and implemented application logic under the Microsoft .NET framework using C# to use .NET features powered with CLR.
- Created Packages, Jobs and Sending Alerts using SQL Mail, database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures. Planned the complete Back-up of various Databases for Disaster recovery scenarios.
- Fulfilled Business Analyst requirements by Completing Universe Development Life Cycle to Prepare, Analyze, Plan, Implement, Test, and Deploy & Maintain to Successfully Develop Universes meeting User Needs and Requirements from both technical and strategic views of an organization.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using Business Objects Data Integrator XI (BODI), Data-services xi3.2, 4.0(BODS)
- Worked on optimizing the performance of the dashboards. Reduced the dashboard loading time by scheduling the backed source webi reports for the live office and changing the live office refresh option to pick from the latest instance.
- Formatted webi reports and scheduled them to be bursted as pdf to the report to web server.
- Modified the existing universes for performance tuning and maintained common dimensions across all the universes with unique naming as a part of clean up activity.
- Successfully tested all task in staging and stored all versions of data using Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Worked on rewriting the existing BO Webi reports into Jasper soft report using the redesigned data model.
- Knowledge of developing reports from Cubes using the KPI's for decision making, also debugged data connections, data sources and Data Source Views.
- Created Parameterized Queries , generated Tabular reports , Sub reports, Cross Tabs, Drill down reports using Expressions, Functions, Charts, Maps, Sorting the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports using SSRS .
- Created various ad-hoc SQL queries for customer reports, executive management reports and types of report types like tables, matrix, sub reports etc.
- Have used BCP, BULK INSERT to transfer data from and to SQL server database.
- Implemented security to restrict the access to users and to allow them to use only certain reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2010/2012, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2010/2012, C#, SQL Server Profiler, Oracle 10g, Dashboard, Power BI, SQL Server Management Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), SQL Server Data tools, Business Objects, Jasper Soft Studio, Power Designer.
SQL /BI Developer
- Involved in Framework development for ETL Implementation and support for the Analytics and Reporting needs for various customers
- Created SSIS packages for importing the Excel layouts into the database using SSIS.
- Used SSDT to design SSIS packages to transfer data between servers, load data into database, and archived data file from different DBMS. Scheduled the job to do this task periodically.
- Experience in SSIS script tasks, Look up transformations and Data flow tasks using T- SQL, C# and Visual Basic scripts.
- Wrote new Stored Procedures for new system and optimized old Store Procedures and Functions on Production Server.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using Business Objects Data Integrator XI (BODI), Data-services xi3.2, 4.0(BODS)
- Data conversion from flat file to intermediate tables using SQL*Loader, Data mapping.
- Developed packages using various transformations like Multicast, Conditional split, OLEDB Command, Script Component and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Improved data load performance by analyzing database design and query plans.
- Modified and Create Joins to Improve the Database and execution speed.
- Using Power BI as a front-end BI tool and Microsoft SQL Server 2012 as a back-end database designed and developed workbooks, dashboards, global filter page, and complex parameters based calculations.
- Experience in optimizing the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Designed and Developed matrix, tabular and parametric Reports using SSRS 2012.
- Designed and developed Drill down and Drill Through reports with Drop down menu option using SSRS.
- Strong knowledge of managed claims management process, Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare Services. CMS, Health Assessment Systems, Hl7 Standards, HIPAA, PPACA(Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act), Compliance issues, HL7 Message Validation, ICD 9, Electronic Health Records, Electronic Medical Records.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Involved in Mock testing, Unit Testing and Integration testing in SSIS, SSAS.
- Created and Configured OLAP Cubes (Star Schema and Snow flex Schema) using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Performance tuning MDX and dimensions design and scaling to large numbers of users in SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS ).
- Involved in Cube Partitioning, Refresh strategy and planning and Dimensional data modeling in Analysis Services ( SSAS ).
- Published detailed guide describing data file content and structure for business partners; created quick reference guide for HIPAA EDI ASC X12 834 transaction set for Medicaid enrollment.
- Involved in Performance Tuning using SQL Server Profiler and SQL server Hints. Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source, Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server 2012.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source control, and data collection.
- Used C# in Script Tasks (SSIS Packages)
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSDT, Teradata , Visual Source Safe 2012, Erwin 4.0, QlikView, Power BI, MS Excel 2010, C#, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Windows Server 2010.
Confidential, Irvington, NY
- Designed and created databases, DB Objects based on the business requirements.
- Involved in creation of new database, planning the location of data, index and transaction log files on the disks.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views and SQL Joins and other statements to maintained referential integrity and implemented complex business logic.
- Designed Tables, Constraints, Views, and Indexes etc. in coordination with the application development team.
- Involve in create table-valued functions.
- Used joins and sub queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Provided technical support to move databases from development to test and production for multiple applications.
- Created SSIS package to check XML file validation and data validation to match the requirements.
- Created SSIS packages to transfer XML file data into SQL server database.
- Used SSIS and extract transform loading (ETL) tool of SQL Server to populate data from various data sources, creating packages for different data loading operations for application.
- Improved performance of SQL server queries using query plan, covering index, indexed views and by rebuilding and reorganizing the indexes.
- Worked with SQL server profiler to generate traces.
- Created SSIS script tasks, Look up transformations and Data flow tasks using T- SQL, C# and Visual Basic scripts.
- Writing the stored procedures, checking the code for efficiency, Routine backups and restoration.
- Used SQL server business Intelligence Development Studio to designs SSIS packages to transfer data between servers and deploy the data.
- Scheduled the job to do this task periodically creating and modifying T-SQL stored procedures/triggers for validating the integrity of the data.
- Developed Cubes using SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) and Dimensions using cube wizard and also Generated Named calculations and named queries.
- Deploying and scheduling reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, and monthly and Quarterly Reports including current status.
- Involved in creating report datasets and using stored procedure parameters in SSRS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS 2008, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2008/2010, QlikView, C#, SQL Server Profiler, Erwin Data Modeler 7.2, Dashboard, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
SQL BI Developer
- Writing and Debugging T-SQL, stored procedures, Views and User Defined Functions
- Optimized the performance of various SQL scripts, stored procedures and triggers by using embedded UDFs, CTEs and System stored procedures.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases.
- Used ASP.Net coding and C# to call the Stored Procedures created with T-SQL
- Extracted data from Txt/CSV/XML/Oracle/Sybase/DB2 to SQL server.
- Created SSIS packages to clean and load data to data warehouse and package to transfer data between OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Created SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data ware house by using BIDS.
- Generated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2005/2008 from OLTP and OLAP data sources.
- Designed and deployed reports with Drill Down, Drill Through and Drop-down menu option and Parameterized and Linked reports in BIDS. Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS/Crystal to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including status.
Environment: Windows server 2008/2008R2, MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), BIDS, QlikView, Oracle, C#, Power Designer, Microsoft Outlook, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2000
- Actively participated in gathering of Requirement and System Specification.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs
- Worked on complex T-SQL statements, and implemented various codes and functions.
- Installed, authored, and managed reports using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
- Wrote Transact SQL utilities to generate table insert and update statements.
- Developed and optimized database structures, stored procedures, DDL triggers and user-defined functions.
- Implemented new T-SQL features added in SQL Server 2005 that are Error handling through TRY-CATCH statement, Common Table Expression (CTE)
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005, T-SQL, .Net, Microsoft Framework 2.0, Erwin, MS Visio.