Software: PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Navigator, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Developer, SQL*Forms, SQL*ReportWriter, SQL*Reports, SQL*Net, Oracle Designer, Oracle Developer, ErWin, T - SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, SSIS
Teradata: SQL, Teradata SQL AssistantAccess 2010/2007, VBA, Visio, HTML, Word, Excel, dBase, FoxPro
Databases: Oracle versions 11g / 10g / 9i / 8i / 8 / 7SQL Server 2014 / 2012 / 2008 , TeradataAccess 2010/2007, Sybase, Informix, dBase, FoxPro
Operating Systems: Windows 10 / 7 / XP / 2000 / NT, Unix, AIX, Sequent Dynix
- I’ve worked for Lone Wolf for 6 years.
- They produce a product called Confidential, which provides support for tabletop role-playing games.
- Their product is written in a proprietary programming language with similarities to Confidential and Confidential .
- I write the modules dealing with a role-playing game called “ Confidential ” by Pinnacle Entertainment.
- Recently completed another technology update for this file set, and I provide ongoing support.
- Completed several Companion book updates for this one, with another new book on the drawing board.
- Completed a move of their primary databases to new servers, including upgrading to SQL Server 2014
- Designed an automated SQL Server-based ETL system to read flat file data into the database using SSIS
- Also designed an SQL Server-based ETL system to read data from the Teradata databases using SSIS
- Maintained day-to-day operations of the legacy decision support analytics and reporting system
- I worked with Confidential on their Human Sustainability Report to improve their report process
- Designed a framework for an improved reporting system including a data warehouse and other ad hoc needs.
- I worked with the Confidential Supply Chain Performance Management & Analytics team to improve their data processes and provide database support
- Improved data retrieval times by factors of up to 10:1 by developing direct ETL connections from SQL Server to source databases in Teradata and data in Excel files using SSIS.
- Expanded the Revolution performance analytics application, an Access-based application with a SQL Server back-end, adding new levels of data selection detail and enhanced reporting.
- Designed a framework for a future back-end data replacement for Revolution, incorporating more recent ETL design ideas to build a more efficient reporting database.
- Maintained local data integrity with external systems by executing various custom ETL routines and through direct data manipulation of the SQL Server reporting database from various data sources.
- I developed a project to separate Confidential ’s Product Creation’s nightly batch processing from a dependence on SAP.
- Completely documented the existing system to identify dependency points for remediation.
- Performed PL/SQL analysis and coding to create a separate ETL extract process that was not dependent on the SAP database being up and running.
- Designed a stand-alone table comparison tool that produces a column-level difference report for any pair of identically-constructed tables.
- I assisted on a project to port Confidential ’s Digital Commerce daily data extracts from PL/SQL to Informatica.
- Performed PL/SQL analysis to thoroughly document the existing ETL systems and created definitions for the replacements to be developed in Informatica.
- Modified Unix shell scripts to support redirecting extracted files to a new vendor.
- Identified project roadblocks that had not been previously considered, allowing the project to move forward.
- Performed PL/SQL development and maintenance coding using SQL*Navigator, primarily with an ETL focus to smoothly move data between systems.
- Wrote and maintained Unix shell scripts to support ETL processes.
- Created monitoring and performance adjustment routines to allow data loading to react to system changes.
- Fulfilled duties of a project lead for several projects.
- Performed analysis and PL/SQL coding of Oracle database packages using SQL*Navigator to allow the current North American batch data processing to handle data from the European market, and to bring these processes in line with new business rules.
- Participated in full cycle integration testing of Oracle database packages and Unix shell scripts from several different programming teams.
- Performed rapid-turnaround PL/SQL coding using TOAD, Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports to react to constantly changing requirements, including original code and code maintenance.
- Partly responsible for defining, implementing and maintaining PL/SQL, Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports programming standards, and programming staff procedural standards.
- Provided short ramp-up time support for complicated applications based on both Windows NT and Unix platforms.
- Ported Sybase script files and SQR programs to PL/SQL and Oracle Reports to handle the processes required to maintain a tactical database and data warehouse.
- Performed additional Unix shell coding to assist in the effort to update a billing application.
- Wrote back-end coding of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL modules and day-to-day database maintenance, including snapshots and daily tactical backups.
- Performed data analysis using Oracle Designer and ERWin.
- Designed Oracle Reports to fulfill business forecasting needs.
- Mapped current applications using Oracle Designer to facilitate the updating of the packages.
- Developed and tuned data extract loading programs using PL/SQL for a data warehouse implementation.
- Tested various PL/SQL and SQL*Plus reporting and loading programs.
- Analyzed performance and tuned reporting and data extraction routines in Oracle PL/SQL.