- 6 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with Specialization in Microsoft SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008/R2 in Production and Analysis.
- 6 years’ experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and T - SQL.
- Knowledge of Data warehouse development lifecycle, from gather requirements to testing, implementing, and support.
- Excellent in High Level Design of SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, flat file) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Experienced hands in Query tuning and performance tuning.
- Experience in monitoring SQL Server Performance using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning and Windows Performance Monitor.
- Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance.
- Good knowledge in Normalizing and De-normalizing the tables and maintaining Referential Integrity by using Triggers and Primary and Foreign Keys.
- Expertise in creating Packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Transformation of data from one server to other servers using tools like bulk copy program (BCP), data transformation services, data conversions from legacy systems to SQL server.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient in technical writing and presentations and a good team player.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to accomplish critical business objectives and to make decisions under pressure
- Knowledge of agile and scrum. (SDLC)
Programming Languages: SQL, TSQL
RDBMS: MS-SQL Server … Access
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) … Report Builder
Databases & Tools: MS SQL Server 2014,2012,2008 R2, & MS-Access
SQL Server: Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio (BIDS), SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer and SQL Server agent.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Developed and tested extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes.
- Gathered requirements from business analyst.
- Responsible for enhancing existing mappings and creating new mappings.
- Extracted data from database and spreadsheets and staged into a single place and applied business logic to load them in the database.
- Extracted, transformed and loaded(ETL) data in the data warehouse.
- Extensively used Transformations like Router, Aggregator, Normalizer, Joiner, Expression, Lookup, Update strategy and Sequence generator and Stored Procedure.
- Developed complex mappings to load the data from various sources.
- Implemented performance tuning logic on targets, sources, mappings, sessions to provide maximum efficiency and performance.
- Parameterized the mappings and increased the re-usability.
- Created procedures to truncate data in the target before the session run.
- Extensively used Toad utility for executing SQL scripts and worked on SQL for enhancing the performance of the conversion mapping.
- Created a list of the inconsistencies in the data load on the client side so as to review and correct the issues on their side.
- Written documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Designed and developed scalable and reusable ETL components that reflected complex business logic using MS SQL Server 2012/2008/R2
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Extended and maintained existing ETL processes to accommodate new or changed data sources for operational and data warehouse environments.
- Proactively monitored and resolved SSIS performance-related problems.
- Collaborated in developing ETL specifications, source to target mapping and other documentation required for ETL development.
- Collaboratively developed and communicated project plans, work assignments, target dates and other aspects of assigned projects.
- Ensured that projects follow prescribed development life cycle and met quality standards
- Developed tables, stored procedures, functions and other database objects as needed
- Created indexes, Constraints and rules on database objects for optimization.
- Performance Tuning in SQL Serve using SQL Profiler and Data Loading.
- Extensively used Joins and sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables and also optimized the procedures and triggers to be used in production.
- Involved in performing data conversions from flat files into a normalized database structure.
- Developed source to target specifications for Data Transformation Services.
- Performance Tuning in SQL Server using SQL Profiler and Data Loading.
- Created DTS package to schedule the jobs for batch processing.