- I have a career in IT that goes back to the 1970s.
- I have used all the methodologies an many of the programming languages and operating systems still used today but, at this juncture in my life, I am seeking work I will enjoy, as well. Therefore, I am limiting my availability to either one of two markets: (1) AS/400 or iSeries using one of the variations of COBOL or RPG or, (2) a Unix client/server applications environment using Oracle and PL/SQL.
- I seek only contract positions (no direct hire or contract to - hire), for tax reasons I want to limit my income but I still want to work 40 hours/week so my rates will be comparatively low and I do not require expensive benefits. I want to avoid travel, especially by air, so car, bus and train will be my means of locomotion.
- I will bring all my skills and experience to any assignment and I am willing to mentor when that seems appropriate but I do not want any management responsibilities.
- I m a good and faithful soldier but I do nor aspire to a corner office.
Confidential, Dearborn, MIPL/SQL Developer
- Production support of the Confidential used by the parts warehouses of Confidential ’s Customer Service Division which supplies dealers with aftermarket genuine Confidential parts.
- It is a standard warehouse application with features for receiving and storing inventory, applying standard costs to that inventory, processing shipments to customers and other warehouses, doing cycle and wall-to-wall inventories, processing customer returns and other normal warehouse functions.
Environment: z/OS, z/VSE, JCL, TSO/ISPF, ICCF, JCL, QSAM, VSAM, DB2, DATACOM, Confidential, MQSeries, Websphere MQ, COBOL, Syncsort, Intertest, CA7, Mobius, FAQS, File Aid, Abend Aid, Expediter, Remedy, Rational Rose, ClearView, ClearCase, Microsoft Project, Access, Powerpoint, Excel, Visio and Word.
Confidential, Dearborn, MIPL/SQL Developer
- This assignment was a disappointment as I was unable to convince the project management of the true role of quality assurance beyond the iterative unit testing QA had been assigned. In an agile environment, QA should take on a much greater role, be proactive, build end-to-end automated testing capabillities that can be executed with each build.
- But, I was not successful in marketing these concepts so, thankfully, my participation was concluded and I moved to.
Environment: Quality Center 10.0 and 11.0, Remedy, Clear Case, JUnit, AccuRev, AutoSys, Java framework with SQL database tables. Detector, Rational Rose, ClearView, ClearCase, Anthill, Selenium, Microsoft Project, Access, Powerpoint, Excel, Visio and Word.
- Performed maintenance and enhancement to address performance issues on initial database load for upgrade to version 12.5 of Practice Plus Solutions software achieving 40% reduction in runtime requirement.
- Created technical specifications for changes to accounting practices (linking unapplied payments to specific charges) and modifications required to support ICD-10 diagnosis code changes mandated for 10/2012 implementation.
Environment: COBOL, Oracle, Tuxedo and Unix operating system. UltraEdit and UltraCompare were primary tools along with Putty and a few ISAM files.
Confidential, Menomonee Falls, WIPL/SQL Developer
- Stress testing of data feeds and processes involved in distribution center warehouse activities using mainframe-based data sources and file transfers to Unix-based application servers running Manhattan Associates supply chain warehouse management and logistics management systems.
- The project is a prelude to the business season in retail in which e-commerce customer orders from Confidential ’s website will be sent to one of the warehouses for packing and shipping.
Environment: z/OS, JCL, TSO/ISPF, JCL, QSAM, VSAM, DB2, Confidential, MQSeries, Websphere MQ, COBOL, Syncsort, Intertest, ESP, File Aid, Abend Aid, Expediter, Remedy, Clarity, Oracle DB, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Trace, TOAD, Blue Martini, FTP, Confidential, Biztalk, MySQL, Unix/AIX scripts (k, c, bash, bourne shells), PERL, sed & awk, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Project, Access, Powerpoint, Excel, Visio and Word. Worked extensively with the depot AS/400 systems, enhancing screens and FTP networks in RPG/batch mode.
Confidential, Brookfield, WIPL/SQL Developer
- Primary responsibility was the data mapping for conversions of clients from other vendors or internal systems to Confidential data architecture.
- Some data was mapped, other data required conversion rules.
- All conversions were first completed in the test environment and verified by Confidential /Reuter and then by the client.
- When completed, conversions were run in the production environment.
- All conversions in the backlog were completed on schedule.
Environment: z/OS, JCL, TSO/ISPF, JCL, QSAM, VSAM, DB2, DATACOM, Confidential, MQSeries, Websphere MQ, COBOL, Syncsort, Intertest, SAR, ZEKE, ZEBB, File Aid, Abend Aid, Expediter, Remedy, Peregrine, Change Manager, Main Event, Detector, Rational Rose, ClearView, ClearCase, Microsoft Project, Access, Powerpoint, Excel, Visio and Word.
Confidential, MilwaukeePL/SQL Developer
- Performed data validation and loading of sales and marketing data warehouse.
- Files were transferred between servers and mainframes and validated prior to database update.
- Performed ad hoc queries, produced analysis reports, did data analysis to certify data integrity, performed a variety of cross platform file transfer functions, maintenance and enhancement development and 24 x 7 production support.
Environment: z/OS, JCL, TSO/ISPF, QSAM, VSAM, DB2, Oracle DB, Confidential, Change Manager, MQSeries, COBOL, Expediter, ZEKE, ZEBB, File Aid, Abend Aid, Peregrine, FOCUS, Quikjob, Easytrieve, UNIX, Remoteware, C Shell, Bourne Shell, Bourne Again Shell scripting, Crystal Reports, Visual Basic Express, C#, .NET, SQL Server, VMWare, Microsoft Project and Office 2007. Supported AS/400 and iSeries operations at distribution centers, as well.
Confidential, ChicagoPL/SQL Developer
- Converted data from Confidential formats to the ERP system (Passport) and its server-based front ends (Documentum and Confidential ) for vendor ASNs.
- The transactions for this process were sent in ANSI standard record types and layouts.
- Mainframe-based applications validated the data and reformatted the Confidential transactions into data records acceptable to the in-house batch process which handled ASNs.
Environment: z/OS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, QSAM, VSAM, Oracle DB, COBOL, Confidential, Change Manager, MQSeries, Intertest, Websphere MQ, File Aid, Abend Aid, DB2, Endevor, Citrix, UNIX, CA 7, CA 11, Citrix, VPN (for remote access), Visual Basic, C#, VMWare, Microsoft Office 2007.
Confidential, MilwaukeePL/SQL Developer
- Performed system analysis and conversion programming, testing in preparation for merger of Confidential and its intended partner in Philadelphia.
- Engaged in DB2 resource evaluation and tuning, troubleshooting and performance issues resolution.
Environment: z/OS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, QSAM, VSAM, COBOL, DB2, Oracle DB, Confidential, Panvalet, Easytrieve, MQSeries, UNIX, Oracle, C Shell, Bourne Shell scripting, ZEKE, ZEBB, Microsoft Office 2007.
- Designed automated third-party prescription benefits applications to medical insurance accumulators.
- Developed automated file transfers via Confidential /MQSeries interfaces to edit and validation programs and subsequent introduction of validated data to the batch update environment.
Environment: z/OS, JCL, TSO/ISPF, Endevor, COBOL, Assembler, File Aid, Interest, VSAM, MQSeries, NDM, CA 7, CA 11, Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Project.
Confidential, Aurora, ILPL/SQL Developer
- Supported a variety of cross platform ( Confidential mainframe and Confidential ) manufacturing, planning, scheduling and financial applications.
- A great deal of process analysis and data verification was required to meet ad hoc information requirements of users and website developers.
- Constant user interfaces with plant financial reporting staff and plant production management personnel was required to determine requirements, set performance standards and metrics, determine data requirements and availability and perform ad hoc process improvement functions.
Environment: z/OS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, VSAM, QSAM, IMS DB/DC, SAS, DB2, Oracle DB, File Aid, Abend Aid, Easytrieve, Quikjob, Syncsort, Dataxfer, COBOL, PL/1, Assembler, Change Manager, NDM, CA-7, CA-11, Oracle, SQL Server, Visual Basic, Access, Crystal Reports, AS/400 with COBOL/400, DB2 UDB, OCL/400 and the usual midrange tools, Peregrine, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project.