- IT Project Planning & Management * Business Development Hardware and Software Configuration * Technology and Process Improvement User Documentation and Training * Crisis Management EHR/EMR Software Implementation * Healthcare Provider Credentialing Departmental Budgeting and Management * Staff Development & Supervision
- Worked in the following capacity as a Consultant: IT Manager, Advisor to the CEO and Management Team Member
- Areas of expertise include Accounting, Software Development and Testing, Network Configuration and Trouble Shooting, Grant Proposal Writing, Program Development, License Credentialing and Employee Supervision
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and software applications including: Excel, Power Point, Word, Access, Programming languages include UNIX/PERL/C/PRO*C/VB/SQL
- RDBMS experience includes ORACLE, MYSQL, MICROSOFT SQL SERVER and IBM DB2 database systems
- Experience implementing, configuring and maintaining accounting software such as: Peachtree, QuickBooks and ADP
- Experience implementing, configuring and maintaining EMR systems such as CLINICTRACKER, BILLTRACKER, CORESOLUTIONS CX360 and medical billing systems such as CORESOLUTIONS WEBCARE EZCLAIM PREMIER
- Possess a proven record of success in developing budgets, forecasts, business management and IRS/STATE/CITY audits representation.
- Possess proven organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks
- Possess strong leadership, problem - solving, planning, team building and project management skills.
Confidential, PHILADELPHIA, PA
- Responsible for the overall leadership in managing the implementation project and maintained complete control of project schedule, budget and risk issues by facilitated timely decisions, identifying project risks early and providing prudent and timely recommendations for risk avoidance; set project expectations and executed project work plans and revised as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements; communicated effectively with external and internal partners to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Establish strategic plans and took the lead along with other team leaders to organize and facilitate site inspections for licensure and reimbursement with local, state and federal compliance agencies.
- Led EMR project management and oversight of implementation and staffing including project assignments, planning, SOW and contracts.
- Experience demonstrating management and leadership skills in an EMR software environment. Strong operational management, project management, consulting, technology and process improvement skills.
- Monitor and control accounts payables/receivables for non-profit and for-profit Corporations.
- Integrate bi-weekly, quarterly and annual ADP payroll report with ledger.
- Monthly and year-end account reconciliations and closes.
- Create and maintain chart of accounts, customers, vendors and employees in accounting software(s).
- Participated in Internal and external City, State and Federal compliance and tax audits.
- Monitor costs in all areas to improve business profitability.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced operating costs, and increased revenues.
- Provide training, supervision and professional development to Finance and IT departments.
- Develop and direct administrative operations providing quality assurance and quality control. Responsibilities include managing all personnel activities which include reclassifications/promotions and salary management.
- Provide account analysis and ensures net revenue is properly stated.
- In cooperation with CEO and management, reviews prior financial results and discusses anticipated changes to highlight future needs and trends of the business.
- Implementation of PEACHTREE, QUICKBOOKS, CLINICTRACKER, BILLTRACKER, CORESOLUTIONS CX360 software solutions.
- Configured billing systems to process health insurance eligibility, referrals and claim status. Worked with other healthcare provider organizations to implement software solutions, troubleshoot, understand and resolve technical and business issues. Monitored and provided EDI support/resolutions for all billing staff and clients including, but not limited to tracking of 835 files, analyzing both paper claims and ANSI 837 formatting issues, and electronic statement performance and formatting issues. Performed manual EDI processes daily (upload/download of claim files in the web portal, processing claim files through the EDI utilities). Implemented and maintained libraries, payers, providers and group processes configured within the software. Created and maintained policy and procedure documentation.
Confidential, PHILADELPHIA, PA
- Responsible for the overall operation and results of the office, including the daily supervision and coaching of office associates.
- Interacted with the clients, by phone or in person, and provided support to professionals to ensure a positive experience with the company. Responsible for bookkeeping to make sure that all administrative details involved in employment and financials are in compliance with city, state and federal laws as well as company policy.
- Provided a full suite of banking products to customers and associates including checking, savings, deposits, CD’s and loans. Responsible for planning directing and coordinating all areas of communication, including public and media relations and communication with all associates.
- Developed reporting tools used to analyze trends and interpret financial data.
- Produced quarterly financial statements and tax returns.
- Oversee budget, forecasting, planning, and analysis of all business finances.
- Served as an expert on matters relating to Individual and Corporate Taxation keeping information updated on the changing city, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Kept track of the latest schemes provided by the individuals, companies and banks, according to their requirements and financial abilities, therefore suggesting the best policy(s) for them.
- Used business and technology abilities to focus on tax process design and automation. Helped clients align the tax function with their business and personal objectives. Provided an integrated approach to process improvement that helped maximize the company’s strategic value internally and externally.
PROGRAMMER / ANALYST
- Performed development and support of the company’s Regulatory Information Services/Licensing systems. While in this position, I also provided production support to DC and GA regional offices.
- Made application enhancements to company’s licensing system written in C, and Oracle SQL Forms, based upon client enhancement requests. Worked with the GA regional office staff to develop project plan for quarterly license renewal process. Also provided maintenance for the application programs that supported the license renewal program.
- Provided general support to both the DC and GA regional offices. Produced various ADHOC reports based upon client requests and responded to end-user inquiries regarding application problems and usage.
- Supported the development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts for web-based software development projects using Oracle and PowerBuilder technologies
- Experienced the complete software development life-cycle (SDLC) process.
- Analyzed existing systems and interacted with system users to understand the existing functionality and their new requirements.
- Created design documents, technical specifications, and program specifications.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and tested the new systems as per the approved specifications.
- Created and maintained complex PL/SQL packages spanning multiple schemas.
- Maintained the existing applications and enhanced the system as per client requirements.
- Conducted Oracle database upgrades.
- Modified existing batches to in corporate new functionalities.
- Created web services and files and integrated them with existing Oracle packages.
- Analyzed system issues and devised and executed remediation plans.
- Performed code reviews and bug fixing.
- Conducted performance tuning of existing queries and packages.
- Complied with all required standards and processes and devised approach to ensure compliance across the team.
- Provided complete technical and maintenance support to the systems.
- Ran the assigned projects single handedly as well as working as a team.
- Provided round the clock support as needed for the assigned tasks.
- Use of Oracle, PL/SQL, Apache, JSP, Oracle Forms & Reports, SQL Developer, Perl, Shell Scripting, UNIX, and Linux.
Confidential, PHILADELPHIA, PA
- Worked under the direction of the Superintendent and CIO to plan, create and develop software applications to be used by over 100,000 students, teachers and other staff throughout the school district.
- Attended meetings with internal organizations to define and communicate business requirements to management, internal IT staff, vendors and project consultants.
- Attended meetings with other department heads to plan manual and automated testing of software applications used to process payroll for employees district-wide.
- Operational duties included break/fix, maintenance, and service requests submitted by the four campus functional user groups.
- Projects included implementation of internally and externally hosted software, internal initiatives, upgrades, vendor bug fixes and critical releases.
- Assignments required advanced technical skills and include requirements analysis; data analysis; and design activities for enhancements, reports, interfaces and data conversions.
- Prepared technical specifications for modifications to applications.
- Analyzed complex problems; identified critical elements and alternatives; designed, coded and implemented appropriate solutions, and coordinated end user testing.
- Conducted end user training as required.