Seeking a challenging solution development position, with strong emphasis on Hadoop & Java Technologies where I can use my current skill set, ability to learn quickly, 8+ years of experience, desire to define and create the best solutions possible to become an invaluable asset to the company.
- Technology Lead - Java with 5+ Years and Big Data with 3+ years of Professions experience in Analysis, Design and Development or Enterprise Applications.
- In depth knowledge on architecture of distributed storage and parallel processing techniques.
- Proficient in performing data import and export using Sqoop from HDFS to Relational Database systems.
- Experience in writing Shell Scripts
- Capable of processing large sets of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data and supporting systems application architecture.
- Developed complex Frameworks/Workflows and Big Data Architectures Design.
- Exposure on Query Programming Model of Hadoop (Hive).
- Working exposure on Agile/waterfall development methodologies with primary skill being design/development of Java/J2EE and Big Data based applications, Build and Release.
- Deep expertise in Java/J2ee and Hadoop ecosystems.
- Successfully Delivered couple of initiatives (Implementation and development) on Big Data Analytics and large data processing using Hadoop ecosystem.
- Good exposure towards Continuous Improvement Initiatives aiming towards productivity improvements (e.g. Unit Test Automation, Code Duplication etc.). Tools Used - JUnit (SONAR, Jenkins etc.).
- Experience working on high availability applications.
- Experience in version control systems (SVN) including branching and merging strategies
Big Data Technologies: Hadoop1.X, Hadoop 2.X, Hive, Beeline(Hive2), YARN, Sqoop, Spark
Programming Languages: Java, Scala
Scripting Languages: Java Script, Shell script
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MYSQL
Tools: Eclipse, NetBeans, RAD, SQL Developer, Notepad++, TortoiseSVN, Toad, Jtest, Subversion, cvs
Job Scheduling Tools: Autosys, UnixCron Jobs
Platforms: Unix, Windows, Mac OS
Methodologies: Agile, waterfall
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Technologies Used: HADOOP 2.0, CDH 5.9.2, Beeline Hive, Sqoop, Spark, Java, Oracle 10g, Autosys, UNIX shell Scripts, ALM (Application lifecycle management)
Lead Hadoop Developer
- Developing a batch application in Spark/Scala which generates an invoice for almost 3 Billion USD
- Developed workflows to pull the data from different source systems and make it available to Data Torrent application
- Coordinating offshore team as onsite lead
- Drive the status calls for Daily status with offshore team and Ensuring that development tasks are completed within the timeline.
- Supported OPS to setting up Test, QA, and Prod environment.
- Implement and maintain development best practice
- Created Sqoop reusable frameworks for data Import and Export and tables creation in both Hive and Oracle.
- Provided design recommendations and thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders that improved review processes and resolved technical problems
- Architecture design of Frameworks/Workflows for loading and preprocessing of data.
- Automated the scripts for production/SQA environment using Autosys and Linux Cron jobs.
- Help the testing team to understand the functionality of the components.
- Drives the knowledge management sessions and mentors the new entrants into the team.
Technologies Used: Java, j2EE, MDM, oracle
- Enhancements, Utility Development, Web services development both SOAP and RESTful
- Developed test cases using jUnit for functionality and unit testing
- For Transformations used the Clover ETL Tool
Technologies Used: JSF, Rich Faces, Spring MVC, j2sdk 1.6, IBM Web sphere, DB2, Rational Rose Software
Senior Software Developer
- Involved in writing Business logic.
- Involved in code reviews.
Technologies Used: SEAM 2.2.0 GA, j2sdk 1.6, JBoss 4.2.3 GA, MySQL 5.0, Flex 3.0, Eclipse Europa, Hibernate
- Involved in development of business domain concepts into Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Component Diagrams and Implementation Diagrams.
- Implemented various J2EE Design Patterns such as Model-View-Controller, Data Access Object, Business Delegate and Transfer Object.
- Preparing Low level design documents
- Developing the application using JSF, Rich Faces, EJB and JPA.
- Offshore point of contact for the Regulatory Inspection track for MNR module in GEM.