- QAI Certified, organized, creative Software Test engineer (QA) with over 18 years of extensive and diverse experience in technology. Expert in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (Waterfall, Agile, Mixed). Creates and performs Manual and Automated Testing (Quick Test Pro/Test Director - Quality Center).
- Over 7 years of Healthcare IT experience.
- Offers exceptional skills in SDLC Waterfall and Agile Testing Process, understands database design, performance and data security. Excellent communication skills and team interface abilities. Mentors to less experienced testers or lead a group of testers. As QA Lead creates Test Plans, Test Summaries other supporting test documentation, helps PM with creation of BRD’s, deliverables schedule and overall project structure.
HEALTHCARE SOFTWARE: Cerner Millenium, McKesson STAR, Epic, MedAssets CDM Master, AEHR, HL7
WEB: Web Services SOAP(XSD, WSDL) and REST (Json), HTML 5/XML. Tools: SoapUI, Parasoft SOATest
Microsoft: Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visual Studio
Automated Test Tools: Quick Test Pro (QTP); Unified Functional Test (UFT), ALM/Quality Center, Caliber. SoapUI, Parasoft SOATest and LoadTest
DATABASES: DB2, ORACLE, SQL Server 2005/2008, Access, MySQL. SQL, PL/SQL
DB Tools: Platinum, TOAD, Rapid SQL, SQL Server.
Century Link/Apex systems/Contract
Automation API Tester
- CGS/Customer Minions Agile project. 2 weeks sprints. Continuous Testing and Integration Process.
- Automated API testing using Parasoft SOATest(v.9.9). SOAP and RESTful services. Created Test Cases (TCs) based on User Stories using RALLY. Created automated tests (tst. files) using either URL Endpoints for RESTful services (90%) or WSDLs for SOAP services in SOATest tool. GitLab for code access and Eclipse to view Java code to enhance tests with additional conditions and verifications. Assertions for conditional testing, XPath, and Data Source (CSV to Aggregate) for data driven testing or Repositories. Imported tst’s to EM (Parasoft Environment Manager - later called Continuous Testing Platform) and created EM Jobs to run test automatically to guarantee Continuous Testing process. Also created EM system diagrams to provision tests tailored to a current release needs for the whole release or branch. Used Parasoft LoadTest tool to test for Load and Performance of services. Created Reports and communicated results to the team. Participated in crossteam Jacoco Selenium project creating Java-based automation scripts to test internal web applications. SPLUNK for Logs review.
- Actively participated in all phases of Agile process: Daily Standups, Backlog Grooming and biweekly Sprint Review meetings. Constantly communicated with other members of the test and dev team and presented my tests for reviews. Personally tested all biweekly PROD releases.
ConfidentialAutomation API Tester
- QA Lead for various mixed Waterfall/Agile based projects. Simultaneously managed up to four groups of remotely located testers (15-20). Created suites of Manual and Automated test cases for End-to-End(E2E) and UAT testing efforts. Establish E2E/UAT testing processes for McKesson’s STAR and Cerner’s Millennium products within existing HIS framework . Created Positive, Negative, Boundary, End-to-End, Integration, System and Regression test cases. Provided training and technical expertise to testers, users and management. Created ALM generated and manual reports. Analyzed risks and communicated results to the management. As per SDLC created Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Summaries. Conducted faze reviews and Defect meetings, provided daily progress reports to management. Conducted ‘Mistakes Learned’ and ‘Post Mortem’ analysis meetings. Verified bidirectional STAR to Cerner data transmissions using HL7 messaging (EDI X12 834, 835 transactions) and ICD-10 compatibility. Used ALM (QC v.12.5) and JIRA for Manual and Automated test projects integrated with UFT(V11.52). Created automated regression scripts in UFT using Reusable Actions or BPT framework. Used SQL Server 2008 SSMS to develop complex queries. For Agile web-based HIE project used SoapUI for SOAP (XML) and RESTful API (JSON) verification. Rally was used as ALM tool on Agile projects.
- Lead and Performed Mobile devises testing on iOS 9.2 and Android platform.
- Agile, ‘Claims Connect’ project to create a unified national Claims processing system based on Dell’s Xcelys platform for Confidential . Multiple DB’s Data mining for Initial Data Load (IDL). Used SQL Server 2008 SSMD for data extractions, verification and data mapping from DB to DB. Verified HL7 transactions (270, 271, 834,835, 837) for Epic and other Kaiser systems. Created Automated Regression test scripts in QTP.
Sr. QA Lead Engineer
- Leading testing effort for COMIENZO Program/Web-based SOLO New Application project.
- Agile project. 10-day sprints. Microsoft’s .NET, C#, JAVA, AJAX, Web Services with SQL Server 2008 as DB. Microsoft TFS and Visual Studio. SoapUI for a Web Services testing. Created complex queries in SQL Server 2008 for RMHP legacy DB to new Solo DB transition verification. Created and Executed Manual End-to-End test cases and used Quick Test Pro (QTP) for automated regression test scripts. Outlined and managed testing strategy, test environment structure and procedures. Provided training and guidance for a group of 3 on-shore and 7 off-shore testers. Provided communication flow between Dev., QA, RMHP client QA and client’s UAT groups. Reported tasks progress during daily standup meetings and weekly progress meetings. Coordinated UAT testing cycle with RMHP.
Sr. QA Engineer
- Web-based kidney dialysis business application. Agile project. Microsoft’s .NET, C#, JAVA, Web Services with SQL Server 2008 as DB. Used TFS/ Visual Studio 2008 to create and execute test cases and track defects. Used SOAP UI to test Web Services. Verified HL7 messages coming through X12 5010 for 837/270/271 transactions.
Sr. QA Engineer
- Exempla Transition project. EPIC Application on the WEB platform. Transition from Epic’s Health Connect (HC) to e-Summit platform. Testing interfaces between Kaiser and Exempla JCAPS/IB interface via HL7 messages. Cadence, Prelude, Resolute and In-Basket modules. Verified that HIPAA 5010 format messages are properly converted into 4010 format (Kaiser HC).
Sr. QA Engineer
- SOA architecture. C#.NET Web environment. White-box testing of RTMS/Health Option Web Services for multinational banking clients and Health care system clients. Verified XSD’s and created templates using XML Spy. Verified XSD correspondence to a Mapping document. SQL Server 2008 and DB2 databases. Used SoapUI to send and analyze SOAP messages.
- Web-Based PRIZM REMEDY customization implementation project. BMC Atrium CMDB DB. Mixed Agile/CMDB methodology. Client-Server based PDF (Product Disposition Form) project merging together 3 systems.
SR. QA Engineer
- E*Connect system for Confidential WFMS. As a Tester, implemented multiple projects utilizing various technologies:
- Database Archiving - Waterfall based project for transferring data from SQL 2005 OLAP to OLTP server. SQL’s for a heavy DB data and PROC’s verifications. Load Runner to verify OLTP can DB load. Review of JRD (joint Requirements Document) and TRD (Technical Requirement Document).
- Web Services - Agile, SOAP. Used SoapUI as a proxy for data transfer verifications. Compared transferred XML to SQL 2005 DB and Excel data formats.
- Work Order Search - Waterfall/Agile. SQL and CF verifications. Quality Center . Peak load testing using LoadRunner for SQL 2005 DB load stress endurance.
- Web Security - Agile/Waterfall project to check application and DB vulnerabilities to Cross Site Scripting (XXS) and SQL Injections as well as a password encryption. Used Web Scarab’s Proxy and Manual plugins to interactively generate requests and analyze results to test web applications for security vulnerabilities. QC for Test Cases and Test Scripts creation, execution, defects creation and resolution.
- SQL 2005 DTS to SQL 2008 SSIS PROC’s transfer - Used Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 to derive DTS and SSIS packages structure, diagrams and code. Based on received info created TRD, Test Cases and Test Scripts. Executed scripts, created defects (QC) and brought them to resolution. Communicated with DBA’s on both SQL 2005 and ORACLE sides and other test Confidential groups. Used Excel Compare tool to verify data and perform database data analysis.
- 64 Bit Conversion - Enterprise level SDLC (Waterfall) project for conversion of SQL 2005 DB and whole E*Connect application to 64 bit. QC, DB verifications, UAT support. Load Runner scripts to verify DB loads.
SR. Test Engineer/Contract
- Web-based application, UNIX platform.
- Agile project for merging TWTC and Xspedius companies databases. Testing migrated data and functionality from Xspedius to TWTC. Quality Center. DB SQL verifications using TOAD or Embarcadero tools. UNIX line commands.
Confidential, Emeryville, CA
SR. QA Analyst/Contract
- EPIC waterfall project. Work Flow testing for ADT (Admission), CADENCE (Scheduling), PRELUDE (Registration) and Tapestry systems of EPIC. Performed Workflow Integration Testing of Kaiser customized ED, ADT, Op-Time and Anesthesia EPIC system.
- Quality Center (QC), correlating requirements coverage and Configuration and Change Management using CALIBER tool. Verified and parsed HL7 messages sent by EPIC system to Ancillaries. Provided training and technical expertise to other testers.
Confidential, Lake Oswego, OR
SR. QA Analyst/Test Engineer
- Common Membership MMA (Medicare Modernization Act) project. BRDs, TRDs, Risk Assessment, Test Planning and Design, Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Management, Test reporting. Responsible for Benefits and Contracts (B&C) track. Tested KP Mainframe based Legacy Systems running on COBOL/DB2. Performed On-line testing as well as Running JCL with PROC and PARM verifications. Performed White-Box and Black-Box testing. SAR for National and Regional Reports viewing. FileAid (DB2 for SQL), JobTrack. TSO/ISPF for submitting Jobs and Input/Output verifications. QC (Test Director 8.1) for all ALM functions. HIPAA.
Sr. SQA Engineer
- Testing EPP (External Provider Payment) system. UNIX mainframe / Client Server environment and system is based on Oracle/Oracle Financial/ Java J2EE, utilizing typical Oracle GUI with a background running on UNIX, XML, PL/SQL (TOAD) and Middleware.
Sr. QA Engineer/Contract
- Simultaneous test of two systems: MVS Mainframe (COBOL/DB2) for CORE legasy systems and VB/JAVA/ACCESS based front end systems for CMS. COBOL/VB code, DB2/ACCESS databases SQL (Platinum QMF). Test Director as ALM tool.
Lead QA Analyst
SUN/ Solaris Mainframe. Web application on C++/Oracle/JAVA/XML. GUI, Workflow, Database, TCP/IP protocols testing. Oracle SQL.
Software Test Engineer/Contract
CORE (Customer Order Registration Entry). MVS COBOL/DB2/Access/JCL/PROCs/ File-Aid, Platinum/SDLC full cycle.