- SSRS - 5 years - 2005 to 2012R2
- SSIS/DTS/BCP - 15+ years 2000 to 2012R2
- Crystal Reports - 15 years - version 3.x to version 10
- MS-SQL Server - 15+ Years - version 6.5 to 2012R2
- Visual Basic - 8 years - version 3.0 to 6.0
- Visual Basic.Net - 5 years
- VBA - 4 years
- MS-Access - 3 years version 1 to 2000
- Obtained business requirements through user interview and examining VBA code
- Rewrote Excel business process to use SQL objects rather than VBA code.
- Wrote basic VB.NET prototype as a mechanism for business user to understand the workflow. Note the prototype consisted of 6 buttons and two forms; no claim to being a VB.NET developer. The end product will eventually consist of a Sharepoint UI (to be written by another department) and the SQL objects.
- Wrote ETL process’ to load data into SQL tables.
- Development - on multi version platform ranging from SQL 2000 to SQL 2012R2
- Rewrote poorly performing SQL
- Mentored staff on better programming techniques
- Mentored staff on how to read and act on an execution plans
- Designed ODS tables for the retention of data
- Converted and rewrote DTS packages to SSIS packages
- Designed and developed ETL processes to populate ODS tables
- Working under tight deadlines with multiple business users and conversion consultants, developed processes to extract data from SQL sources using SSIS creating and populating Excel spreadsheets for load to Workday application.
- Mentored staff on how to use package configurations (2008R2) and environments (2012R2)
- Developed operational reports to replace hand coded ASP reports
- Mentored staff on how to use common SSRS techniques, shared data sources, etc.
- Technical lead for 3rd party software upgrades and support
- Upgraded TRecs (account reconciliation)
- Supported REM
- Day to day administration
- Managed multiple servers running multiple versions (2000 - 2012) in clustered and non-clustered environments
- Corrected material SQL architecture design flaws such as gaping security flaws affecting PCI audits
- Investigated and corrected poor server performance.
- Installed and configured SSIS on SQL 2012R2 environment
- Installed and configured SSRS on SQL 2008R2 environment
- SQL server upgrades
- Developed sql objects in Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008R2
- Developed SSRS reports supporting SBO2000
Home Loans & Insurance Systems Analyst/Developer
- Supported lending rules engine
- In systems analyst role
- Created high level and low level technical designs from business requirements
- Worked with business units to determine needs
- Documented SDLC project deliverables in Clarity and other in-house applications
- Performed peer reviews on other system analyst's documents
- In developer role
- Modified and created rules used to evaluate loan applications
- Created unit tests for other developers to test work
- Performed code reviews.
- Wrote basic SQL select, insert, update and delete statements to manipulate data tables
- Confidential provides HR services for companies to manage their health and benefit packages.
- Using business requirements, modified parameters feeding a rules engine which resulted in assigning correct benefit options for client employees.
- Wrote basic SQL select, insert, update and delete statements to manipulate data tables
- Interviewed business clients and reviewed existing application to develop business, functional and detail design documents including ERDs, schemas, process flows, etc.
- Performed SQL maintenance functions on development 2000/2005 servers including creation of databases, roles, security administration, creating scheduled jobs, DTS/SSIS packages, linked servers, etc.
- Developed any needed stored procedures, tables, views, user defined functions, stored procedures, etc. to support applications and reporting on 2000/2005 servers.
- Major projects on which I served as the business analyst and lead developer
- Inter-carrier Billing
- Provided production support for existing Excel and VBA billing system application.
- Created an auditable accounts receivable sub-ledger in SQL and VB.NET to replace Excel based billing system.
- New application provided on-line invoicing and dispute management
- Invoicing, journal entries, management reporting done in Crystal Reports
- Inventory tracking
- Inherited an inventory tracking process which was used to track inventory and support JEs.
- Initially data load times were ranging from 6 to 12 hours, analyzed and modified code to drop load times into the data warehouse down from 15 to 50 minutes for 1 to 3 million records.
- Used Crystal reports to produce management reporting (trend analysis) etc. from warehouse of a billion+ records
- Check Requests
- Created an interactive VB.NET web based UI to capture reviews and approvals and SQL back end supporting dealer check requests.
- Created Web based supporting processes to allow stakeholder to manage security, GL codes, etc.
- Initially supported RMA process with expected transaction of 1000 per month. Developed SQL based rules to process RMAs, assign reimbursable amounts and create JEs.
- Application scaled to support instant and trade-in rebates dealer check requests increasing number of monthly transactions to 200,000 per month or about $500,000 per month
- Application scaled again to support dealer commissions increasing the number of monthly transactions another 10,000 and dollar amount in excess of a million.
- Outputs of the application were JEs, reporting and an extract to feed to the Oracle A/P module (didn't write the XML extract only supported the design)
- Crystal reports used to produce management reports
- Enablement Fees
- Created an interactive VB.NET web based to allow automated creation of software licensing fees JE.
- Dropped JE creation time from consuming 3 departments, 4 people and one man day to a 15 minute SQL job run presenting the JE to the accountant.
- Provided analysis and development support importing and exporting data into MS-Access, MS-Excel, MS-Word formats using either SQL or VBA depending on the location of the data.
- Ad hoc
- Created a slew of Crystal reports, Excel spreadsheets to support various accounting departments (Revenue Assurance, Revenue Recognition, Inventory Management, Logistics, etc.)
- Migrated approximately 30 MS-Access/MS-Excel "reports" to SSRS platform.
- Interviewed business clients to develop project requirements
- Project scope was to develop processes to assist in gathering, monitoring business requirements for requirements management.
- Developed required documentation to support SDLC, reverse engineered Requisite Pro database to develop an ERD.
- Developed Winform and Web .Net applications and VB6 applications to support the back-end business processes and launch Crystal Reports via an internet browser.
- Developed Crystal Reports (v. 8.5 & 9.0) to support the business unit's needs.
- Created T-SQL objects, performed performance tuning using server trace and execution plan analysis.
- Performed DBA functions including creation of DTS packages, scheduled jobs, linking to external servers, user maintenance, etc.
- Conducted interviews and developed requirements document with business unit personnel to determine reporting needs
- Developed design specs based on business unit requirements
- Reversed engineer Kana Response database; generated Visio ERD
- Developed SQL 2000 stored procedures to extract data for populating SQL tables or generating reports.
- Created 8.5 Crystal reports.
- Developed SQL Agents to perform nightly batch process
- Developed end-user and technical documentation.
- Developed basic VB.NET web forms for collecting user input.
- Developed code to launch Crystal Reports from web forms.
Contract VB Developer
- Rewrote store consignment application to improve speed, correct flaws and enhance usability in VB 6.
- Conducted interviews with business analyst to determine business needs and develop optimal approach to address business needs.
- Created technical documentation for finished product.
- VB 6 front-end connecting to Informix database using ODBC connectivity.
- Rewrote existing and created new Crystal 8.5 reports
- Interviewed the business user to develop solution requirements for a prototype business solution that would capture personal resumes from the Web and allow internal recruiters to search a SQL Server database for resumes based on specific job definitions and requirements.
- From the solution requirements developed the physical and logical database model using Visio 2000 data modeling tools and implemented the model using MS-SQL Server 2000.
- Developed a VB 6 prototype Job Definition front-end application that captures the requirements for a specific job as defined by the business user. The job definition information was stored in the SQL database for further use. The VB 6 application used ADO to retrieve information from the database, populate various form controls and updated the database using ADO calls to SQL stored procedures.
- Developed a VB 6 meta-search engine to use existing web based search engines such as Google to locate and retain personal resumes. The VB 6 application used the web browser control obtain the search engine page, interrogate the page for links and retain the link information to the database using ADO calls to SQL stored procedures.
- Developed a VB 6 page evaluation process that retrieves links from the database using ADO calls, converts web pages to html, evaluates the link against pre-defined criteria to determine if the link is a true resume, if the link is a true resume then e-mail links are stripped out and retained and the html is saved to SQL text field for future matching.
- Developed stored procedures and dynamic queries to use full-text indexes to match potential candidates gathered through the page evaluation process to specific job definitions as defined in the Job Definition front-end.
- Developed Crystal Reports v10 reports to display Job Definitions, Matched Candidates and other management reports. These reports are launched from the VB 6 prototype Job Definition front-end using appropriate Crystal Reports RDC to change the appropriate parameters.
- Used Crystal Reports, MS-Access, and SQL Server 2000 to perform complex data extracts from property roll data producing mailing lists based on demographic data.
- Performed pre-startup analysis associated with small startup resulting in formation of business plan.
- Trained and supervised tradesmen, laborers and bookkeeper.
- Presented products and services to commercial and residential customers.
- Developed sales and marketing plans.
- Negotiated project sizing with business unit and various other internal departments.
- Developed project plan, budget, time estimates and resource allocation using MS-Project.
- Project lead of end-user application supporting 60 users located in London, New York and Hong Kong leading a team of 4 contract developers, and two Confidential employees; 1 data modeler and 1 Oracle DBA.
- Developed Market Analysis reports using Crystal Reports extracting data from large text fields.
- Developed Crystal Report specifications working with end-users to migrate existing reports from MS-Word to Crystal Reports.
- Designed and developed a document management workflow prototype using SQL Server/Visual Basic to move review and approval function and report generation between departments and users; the workflow prototype allowed for end-user addition, modifications, deletions, notifications of tasks along a multi-path flow of tasks.
- Documented existing database using Erwin, developed a proposed data model to migrate database from MS-SQL to Oracle
- Provided production support for legacy Visual Basic 6.0/SQL Server 7.0 application.
- Developed application prototypes for business units based on business specifications.
- Supported 3 SQL Server databases (created new and revised/simplified existing stored procedures, triggers, created tables, indices etc.)
- Created DTS packages to migrate and clean data from MS-SQL to Oracle.
- Developed and supported Visual Basic 6.0 applications to retain large text objects used in document publication.
- Analyzed, documented existing application and database. Supervised data modeler and DBA to migrate SQL Server database to Oracle database.
- Migrated database from MS-SQL Server to Oracle 8 platform.
- Performed and managed complete System Development Life Cycle for the application.
- Working with end-users, designed and developed basic accounting reports such as Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Chart of Accounts, Budget Analysis using Crystal Reports.
- Installed, configured, supported Crystal Web Component Server and ASP Reports Server (repackaged as Crystal Enterprise in version 8.5) for the purpose of providing reports via the intranet.
- Designed and developed complex SQL stored procedures used to address deficiencies in the Crystal Report model; subsequently developed reports based off of the stored procedures.
- Designed and developed web pages using ASP, VBScript, Crystal Reports API that allowed user input of parameters and generation of web based management and financial Crystal Reports.
- Developed a bank reconciliation package that saved 60 man-hours per month. Journal entries automatically were presented to the GL system accompanied by a matching Crystal Report.
- Documented databases created for department using Erwin Data Modeler.
- Analyzed and documented dataflow between the accounting system and support systems resulting in a dataflow document. The dataflow document guided the development of a workflow model with ultimate goal of collapsing the timeframe required to close month-end financials. The workflow model was used to develop automated processes using VB and SQL Server. Workflow was monitored and MAPI functions generated e-mails to notify users. Crystal Reports provided necessary documentation to support workflow process, management review and approval.
- Designed and developed applications using VB 5.0/6.0, SQL Server 6.5, DCOM, MTS and VBA 2.0 to compliment a SQL Server 6.5 based accounting application.
- Extracted information from Clarus (aka SQL Financials, GEAC) GL, AP, AR, Purchasing, Fixed Assets, HR, etc. ledgers to support the accounting effort using ad hoc Crystal Reports.
- Assisted in converting existing Macola accounting application data to Clarus data using SQL and Crystal Reports
- Developed several system interfaces that extracted information from the HR system, custom operation's applications, budget system, external bank files, etc. that saved 40 man-hours per month.
- Designed and developed stored procedures, views, constraints for SQL Server 6.5
- Designed and developed financial reports such as Budget Analysis, Chart of Accounts, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, etc. using Crystal Reports Professional 6.0/7.0/8.0
- Developed project plan in conjunction with business analyst.
- Designed and developed reports using Crystal Reports Professional 6.0 to support on-line/off-line order entry system.
- Reversed engineered and migrated an MS Excel VBA on-line order entry system to Visual Basic using Access as the back-end.
- Developed testing scenarios and technical documentation.
- Lead developer for interim on-line order entry system.
- Supervised team of 2 developers and 1 technical writer.
- Developed VB 4.0 applications to assist in deploying applications and analyzing effects on desktop.
- Developed VB 4.0 utilities to assist in deployment of Win95 to corporate laptops.
- Assisted in deploying Win95 to corporate laptops.
- Provided level three support to Win95 users.
- Trained level I and level II support.
Senior Software Consultant
- Created project plan for Win95 deployment,
- Project lead for the development of an automated distribution of Windows95 targeted for 4,500 desktops; given 6 weeks to complete the project, actual completion occurred in 5½ weeks. Designed and developed application distribution tool in VB 4.0 designed to deploy applications over medium to large-scale networks.
- Evaluated VB 5.0 for suitability as primary development platform.
- Designed and developed applications in Visual Basic 4.0 to support distribution of the Windows 95 operating system and applications including a master software catalogue utilizing in-process OLE servers, out-of-process OLE servers, Crystal Reports, MS-Access and SQL Server databases.