- Sr. Oracle Developer, Data - Architect/Modeler and Application DBA specializing in performance-based, scalable database solutions supporting high-availability, low-latency web-clients as well as CPU/IO-intensive ETL processes using both ETL tools (Informatica, etc.) and shell-scripting. Heavy focus on development and optimization of SQL & PL/SQL, stored procedures, functions, tables and indexes. Also, proficient in ‘Big Data’ using Oracle’s Exadata appliance.
- Heavy experience in design and implementation of Enterprise Data Warehouse solutions throughout full project life-cycle (SDLC), including Business Requirements Document (BRD) review to generate Technical Requirements Document (TRD). Change Management/QA/Release Management as well as Project Management responsibilities. Well-versed in Kimball/Inmon Data Warehouse design and methodologies.
- Past efforts in role as both technical-lead and project-lead in liaison with PMO, QA and end-user (internal/external) communities in both loose- and tight-matrix organizations. Experience with PMBOK, ITIL and CMM/CMMI focus and concerns. Expertise in established Agile methodologies including GoF-style, pattern-based development and refactoring methodologies.
- Business line experience predominately in insurance, financial services and brokerage (fixed income, derivatives, equities…etc.) as well as healthcare.
OPERATING/NETWORKING SYSTEMS: Unix (Solaris/AIX/HP-UX), Linux (RedHat/Debian), Windows (All versions through 10)
PROGRAMMING / SCRIPTING LANGUAGES: Oracle PL/SQL 8i/9i/10g/11gR2, Oracle Reports/Forms, Unix Shell scripting (C, Bourne, Korn), PHP4.x/5.x, Perl 5.x, etc… - (Apache/IIS)
DATABASE / APPLICATION / WEB SERVERS & IDEs: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, Oracle Exadata Appliance, Toad 8/9/10/11, SQL Developer, SQL Optimizer, Benchmark Factory, SQL*Loader/SQL*Plus, Informatica, DataStage, Cognos, Control-M, Autosys, crontab, MicroStrategy, Microsoft SQL Server 4.2x/NT/6.x/7.x/2000/2005, DBArtisan, ER Studio (erwin), Rapid SQL, Embarcadero Change Manager … etc, MySQL 4.x, DB2 (NEON Shadow Direct, etc.), Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5/12.0/12.5/15 , Sybase SQL Server 4.92/System X/XI
Oracle PL/SQL Developer, New York, NY
- Migration of daily/weekly market-data related ETL shell scripts, Autosys jobs and stored procedures from Sybase to Oracle.
- Optimized numerous SQL statements (Oracle 12c) used in shell scripts and stored procedures used by both BI and ETL processes.
Application DBA / Oracle PL/SQL Developer/Modeler, New York, NY
- Migration of 300+ shell scripts, cron jobs and Informatica jobs from Unix to Linux.
- This included testing and re-write of modules in an enterprise data warehouse environment.
- Tested and migrated numerous Oracle Forms/Reports with direct interface to users throughout process.
- Extracted and converted 5M+ de-tokenized CCs and converted to new Experian tokenized and reloaded.
- This included data modeling for new daily loads of feeds from vendor and changes to associated downstream resources.
- Added error-handling to all batch and on-demand processes including establishing escalation policies and procedures.
- Optimized numerous SQL statements (Oracle 11gR2/12c) used in shell scripts (Korn, Bourne, Perl… etc.) and stored procedures used by both Java and .Net web applications.
- This included optimization tuning for very large databases using Exadata following best-practices.
CONSULTANT Oracle PL/SQL Developer/Modeler, New York, NY
- Responsible for optimization of existing stored procedures/SQL as well as developing new stored procedures/SQL on Oracle 11gR2 used for big-data analytics and trend forecasting.
- Modeled new tables for data mart used to facilitate BI/Analytic efforts.
- Migration of cron jobs and Informatica jobs to Control-M. Also, added Oracle Reports (.rpt type) to Control-M.
- Added extensive logging and error-handling to all ETL batch processes with automated error-reporting to authorized escalation-established resources.
Application DBA / PL/SQL Developer / Data Architect/Modeler, New York, NY
- Oracle Application DBA/Sr. Develop/Modeler on Oracle 11gR2/12c for global effort to aggregate positions and transactions from all regions for both data warehouse and associated data marts facilitating a major International Asset Management effort.
- Identify ODS sources for Data Warehouse (star/snowflake) and meet with owners to confirm data architecture analysis and subsequent data modeling efforts.
- Created tablespace mgmt. system used to facilitate quick restore in the event of GoldenGate/DataGuard failover. This included mirroring data in a separate schema and the ability to switch back-and-forth between normal production schema and failover schema (reduced data-set).
- Responsibilities also included data modeling (using PowerDesigner/Erwin) of data marts used for real-time, ad-hoc reporting for Cognos-based BI.
- Design and implementation of all tables and indexes including parallelism and partitioning to be used by tablespace mgmt. system.
- Developed real-time synchronization mechanism (PL/SQL using Perl/Korn scripts) whereby data is compressed on Oracle’s Exadata in the failover database as it is in the main database.
Production Support / Oracle PL/SQL Developer, New York, NY
- Developer and Production Technical Support Technician responsible for analysis with an emphasis on help-desk ticket resolution effort for all Oracle 11gR2 data-related issues.
- Responsible for determining root-cause of all data-defects and notifying UI development teams of same.
- Responsible for optimization of Oracle PL/SQL exceeding CPU/IO limits set for selected user accounts.
- Responsible for analysis of stored procedures, triggers, functions and packages for performance optimization and production defect resolution.
- Debugging of internal Oracle Reports used for product defect tracking.
- Responsible for quality assurance and performance testing of all anonymous PL/SQL block-scripts submitted to Production DBAs to resolve open tickets.
- Responsible for monitoring performance of Web Servers (HP Application Performance Monitor) going against Oracle database instances.
- Responsible for monitoring and resolving all Oracle performance issues related to processing claims and claim bundles.
- Responsible for development of 100+ Oracle stored procedures/anonymous blocks used to repair defects in data.
- External/internal issue-based call-logging performed using HEAT. Issue-tracking and script-based solutions submitted to DBAs using JIRA for inter/intra-departmental workflow.
- Oracle 11gR2 (90%) and SQL Server (10%) schemas (100+) composed of 1000+ tables.
- Database development and support performed using TOAD, SQLNavigator, and SQL*Plus. Additional tools; WinSCP, PuTTY.
CONSULTANT PL/SQL Developer / Data Modeler, New York, NY
- Development--lead (Oracle RAC 11g, 2-5 consultants) in a major Jasper Reports development effort for a facility occupancy reporting system (Java/Oracle) supporting independent NYC Facility Service Providers and vendor management services. This included, but not limited to; developing and optimizing 20+ reports, 50+ tables and 200+ indexes.
- Responsibilities included SQL and PL/SQL development, all migration of iReport resources from DEV servers to QA and ultimately to PROD staging servers. This included full schema comparisons between servers to validate developer’s change-sheets, performance/scalability testing after all migrations and full documentation for Change Management compliance.
- Heavy use of analytical functions when using time dimension for time-period analysis.
- Responsibilities also included performance monitoring of daily reports as well as coordinating with other database developers for ‘best-practice’ designs in the interface between Jasper Server and the database.
- Migration from 11g to 11.5g. Responsible for performance and compatibility issues related tomigration.
- Database development and support performed using TOAD and SQLNavigator. Data Mart managed by Data Stage. Reports generated in iReport. Additional tools; WinSCP, PuTTY, Visio.
CONSULTANT PL/SQL Developer / Data-Architect/Modeler, New York, NY
- Database (Oracle RAC 11g) development/maintenance team-lead (2-4 consultants) in major development effort for a b2b web portal (.Net/C#/Oracle) supporting independent NY State insurance brokers and their book-of-business management services. This included, but was not limited to, developing and optimizing 200+ SQL and PL/SQL stored procedures, 100+ tables and 500+ indexes to meet a 3-second SLA.
- Responsible for analysis of Data Warehouse and OLTP sources for all pertinent data (developed Architecture as per BRDs) and all Data Modeling (using PowerDesigner) within the Data Mart used for the portal. ETL developed using Informatica ETL and shell-scripting.
- Developed overnight-batch and real-time processes for 15+ feeds from enterprise systems and outside vendors. This included 100+ shell-scripts (C/Korn) as well as SQL*Loader and SQL*Plus scripts. Coordinated with ETL Managers, Data Warehouse teams and outside vendors for data-consistency and reliability. Developed Crontab (Dev/QA) and RMAN (production) backup strategies and managed backup/restore on non-production servers (mostly Data Pump but some simple exp as well).
- Responsible for performance tuning and optimization using index strategies, extent and tablespace management, partitioning of tables and indexes, caching strategies and parallelism. Also implemented Materialized Views populated using Datalinks between production and staging/QA/dev databases to facilitate intra-day feeds from OLTP and Data Warehouse databases.
- Responsibilities included all migration of all schema changes from Development servers to QA and ultimately to Production servers. This included full schema comparisons between servers to validate developer’s change-sheets, performance/scalability testing after all migrations and full documentation for Change Management compliance. Responsibilities also included initial setup of Oracle TeamCoding in relevant Databases, on Dev and QA servers, as well as setting-up VSS projects and integration of same. Performed all synchronizations between TeamCoding and VSS before and after migrations. Also performed manual backups (exp, expdp) prior to and after all migrations.
- Responsibilities also included full review of all development efforts involving database for both performance/scalability in DB objects as well as coordinating with front-end developers for ‘best-practice’ designs in the interface between the web portal and the database.
- Migration from 8i to 10g and from 10g to 11g. Designed, setup and performed all validation tests of schema on both Development and QA servers. Responsible for all performance and compatibility issues as a result of migration.
- Implemented full ETL auditing and real-time e-mail/SMS notification of any issues encountered. Also implemented real-time monitoring of all SQL*Plus and SQL*Loader jobs (cron and command-line) with real-time email/SMS notification of failed, delayed or suspended jobs.
- Database development and support performed using TOAD, SQLNavigator, SQL*Plus, and SQL*Loader. C/Korn/Perl/PHP shell-scripting used for all overnight cron jobs. Additional development/operational support tools; WinSCP, PuTTY, erwin.