Database Administrator with 5 years of experience in full lifecycle development. A collaborative team player offering strong communication and problem - solving skills. Motivated with keen analytical skills and task management abilities.
- MS SQL Server Installation, Configuration and Upgrades;
- Database capacity planning and maintenance automation;
- Performance analysis and tuning;
- Monitoring effective and reliable HADR solutions;
- Securing Database Servers.
- Strong work ethic and self-directed problem solving skills;
- Effective communication skills and ability to maintain good relations with team, users and clients;
- Team player and an advocate for collaboration.
- Life-long learner.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003R2/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
RDBMS: MS SQL Server (2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016), MySQL, Oracle 10g;
Database Programming: T-SQL, PL/SQL. SQL CMD, Powershell.
Programming: HTML, JDBC, XML, VB.NET, ASAP.NET.
SQL Server Related Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Upgrade Advisor, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Extended Events, Database Tuning Advisor and Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Server Configuration manager, SSIS, SSMA, SSRS (Report Manager, and Report Builder, Reporting Services Configuration);
Third-Party Tools Used: Toad Data Modeler, ERWin, Visio, Idera, Spotlight, Red Gate Backup tools, Red Gate Data compare tools.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Installed and configured MS SQL Server on standalone and clustered servers, applying Patches, Hot Fixes and Service packs;
- Participated in migration from SQL Server 2014 to SQL Server 2016;
- Deployed SSIS packages for the ETL processes;
- Deployed SSRS reports;
- Designed, implemented, and maintained SQL Server databases in a client/server environment with respect to quality, flexibility, cost and performance;
- Managed databases through multiple product life-cycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems;
- Developed and automated backup and recovery strategy based on the data availability requirements;
- Assisted developers with SQL Server issues and questions while improving own T-SQL coding abilities;
- Proficiency and expertise in HADR applications such as Always On Availability Groups, Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, Transactional Replication and Clustering;
- On-call support of Production Databases;
- Created and scheduled maintenance plans for updating statistics, checking fragmentation, checking database integrity and backup plans;
- Configured Database mail, linked servers, Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), Change data capture (CDC);
- Documented the standard procedures on regular basis;
- Conducted various meetings with teams to meet corporate milestones for database merging and data movement.
Confidential, Manassas, VA
- Install and configure MS SQL Server instances;
- Developed and maintained new and existing database systems;
- Planned, coordinated and administered database functions, performance, documentations, upgrades, long-range requirements and data protection;
- Perform regular database maintenance tasks such as rebuilding indexes, performing upgrades and regulating storage management;
- Manage database availability, backup/restoration and recovery systems
- Monitor database system resources, performance and data consistency;
- Design high availability architecture and handle disaster recovery planning;
- Troubleshoot performance problems, fine-tuning of databases.
Database Management Internship,
- Supporting Database Administration and Engineering in the architecture, design, development and deployment, and management of Microsoft SQL database environments;
- Providing DBA support for databases in various environment including non-prod and prod and providing support for vendors and internally developed applications;
- Physically implementing databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, encryption, and disaster recovery solutions;
- Analyzing performance, monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving database issues;
- Working closely with team members, product development, business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLAs and performance target set.