- Seasoned Sr. SQL Server BI Developer with over 6.5 years of experience in analyzing, designing, tuning, and developing Client/Server, Business Intelligence (BI) database applications and various segments of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using MS SQL Server 2008/ 2012/2014/2016 , DTS/SQL Server Integration, Reporting and Analysis Services
- Extensive SQL Development experience in Banking, Mortgage, Insurance, and Healthcare industries with a strong understanding of data and analytics.
- Extracted, transformed and loaded (ETL) between different systems and formats such as MS Access, Excel Spreadsheet, flat files, Oracle, DB2, PostGre SQL etc. using SSIS.
- Extensive experience in using various BI tools like Tableau,SSRS and Power BI.
- Experienced in developing, implementing, documenting, monitoring and maintain the data warehouse extracts, transformations and ETL process.
- Experienced in testing and deploying code through several Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) environments like TEST, UA/UT, Production and Development
- Extensive understanding of managing and automating Control flow, Data flow, Events and Logging for SSIS packages using Microsoft SSIS.
- Strong experience in error handling, product support, debugging, testing and error logging for SSIS
- Expertise in Normalization/De - Normalization, data design methodology and building Referential Integrity Constraints for the relational and dimensional database models Experience in creating SSRS reports using SQL Queries and Stored procedures which has Sub-reports, Drill-Down and Drill Through reports and Charts.
- Experienced in performing various database activities which includes writing SQL queries and Custom SQL while building the reports.
- Highly skilled in all areas of RDBMS concepts like scripting T-SQL (DDL, DML) queries and complex stored procedures, designing and implementing views, indexes, functions and triggers.
- Very strong in creating and maintaining database objects like Indexes, Views, Stored Procedure, User Defined Functions, Triggers in SQL Server.
- Experience in Change Data Capture (CDC), Change Tracking (CT) in SQL server.
- Efficient in building recursive queries using CTEs (Common Table Expressions).
- Well-versed at building the Star/Snowflake schema, Fact/Dimensional tables used in relational, dimensional and multidimensional data modelling.
- Experience in writing reports based on the statistical analysis of the data from various time frame and division using PowerPivot, Power Query, Power View, and Power BI.
- Hands-on experience in transforming data from one server to several other servers for data migration by using tools like Data Transformation Services (DTS), Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Data Replication, Bulk Insert and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experienced in moving the data from one server to another server (SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 ) by cleaning the data format using various transformations like Derived column, Fuzzy lookup, lookup, Merge Join, Data conversion etc. and then finally load them into client specific tables using SSIS Packages and then created SSRS reports as per client requirements.
Tools: MS SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), Analysis Services(SSAS), Reporting services (SSRS)
Development tools: SQL*PLUS, SQL Assistant, TOAD, MS Analysis, Crystal ReportsDevelopment Skills: T-SQL, DAX, MDX
BI Reporting Tools: Power BI, Reporting Services(SSRS), Tableau, Data Stage ETL
Operating Systems: MS DOS, MS Windows
Software: MS Works, MS Office, Lotus Notes, MS Outlook, Remedy, SharePoint
Relational Databases: Oracle 9i and 10g, MS Access 97, MS SQL Server (2008,2012,2014,2016), Teradata.
Methodologies: RUP, Relational database Methodologies, SOA (service-oriented architecture), Rapid Application Development,Agile Methodology
Senior SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer/Power BI DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Led the Design and development of Data Migration/reporting projects.
- Gathered and documented business requirements for analytical reports. Participated in requirements meetings and data mapping sessions to understand business needs. Identified and documented detailed business rules.
- Developed a least two-three visual options for each report for discussion with stakeholder’s product owners and leadership) and customers.
- Assisted the Manager and DBA in identifying process improvements for database performance, reliability and stability.
- Responsible for data profiling in source systems SQL Server, Oracle and Teradata.
- This involved refactoring the code and optimizing the code based on the analysis for the SSIS packages, SSRS reports and SSAS cubes.
- Designed and implemented Dashboards and Scorecards with business KPIs using Performance Point Server and published them Via Power BI.
- Import Data into Power BI using different ETL methods, SQL Azure, Direct Query, Restful API Generator, build relational model with in Power BI.
- Built Tabular, line charts Graph charts visuals for KPI's metrics based on fields brought in and transform using Power Query functions and DAX calculated Measures.
- Developed Stored Procedures to retrieve data quickly from huge fact tables joining to dimension tables with Type 2 SCD.
- Worked on creating innovative ways to create SCD Type 1 and SCD Type 2 in the same tables and creating Stored Procedures to load data.
- Developed Stored Procedures to Load fact tables and Dimension tables with SCD type 1 and Type 2.
- After the code optimization, also worked on migrating the SSIS packages from SQL Server 2008, 2014 to the new SQL Server 2016 environment.
- Integrated Customs Visuals based on business requirements using Power BI desktop.
- Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTE), temporary table to support Power BI and SSRS reports.
- Embedded Power BI reports on Salesforce portal page and managed access of reports and data for individual users using Roles.
- Very good in data modeling knowledge in Dimensional Data modeling, Star Schema, Snow-Flake Schema, Fact and Dimensions tables.
- Worked with Microsoft team on product limitations and tool capabilities to the United IT and business Stakeholders.
- Provided continued maintenance and development of bug fixes for the existing and new Power BI Reports.
- Worked in configuration of report server and report manager scheduling, give permissions to different level of users in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Worked SSRS on dimensional modeling, creating cached reports, drill-down reports, linked reports, report snapshots, parameterized reports and report optimization.
- Preparing SSRS Reports with Report subscriptions and Email Delivery mechanisms through SQL Scripts that run-on Report Server Databases.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Involved in Creating Parameterized, Cascaded, Drill-down, Cross-tab and Drill-through Reports using SSRS.
Environment: Microsoft SQL server 2016/2014/2008 R2/2008, Visual Studio 2013, Oracle, SSIS/SSRS/SSAS,SSMS, Power BI, SQL server agent, MS Office.
SQL BI Data Warehouse DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Participated in requirements meetings and data mapping sessions to understand business needs. Documented requirements in Business Requirement Documents (BRD)
- Designed and developed schema data models.
- Created and managed schemes objects such as tables, views, cursors, indexes, stored procedures.
- Updated and maintained logical and physical models using ERwin Modeler.
- Analyze business requirements, technical specification, source repositories and physical data models for ETL mapping and process flow.
- Involved in designing the Data Mart models with ERwin using Star schema methodology.
- Worked on all phases of data warehouse development life cycle, from gathering requirements, implementation, testing, training and support.
- Interviewed Business Users of the DWH and Business Analysis to understand and troubleshoot the existing bottlenecks and problem areas.
- Developed automated data dictionary for Enterprise Data Warehouse using SSRS and SQL.
- Designed and developed ETL SSIS packages to facilitate incremental load process.
- Created aggregates, partitions, attribute relationships and user defined hierarchies with the goal to reduce the cube processing time from over 2 hours to under 60 minutes and query processing time less than 500ms.
- Created stored procedures and performed index analysis for slow performing SSRS reports to bring down the report rendering time from 15 mins to 30 seconds.
- Developed Enterprise wide cascading reports in SSRS that were used throughout the agency to monitor the performance of the cube, logging of the nightly ETL loads and to monitor most active users of the cube.
- Migrated existing self-service reports and adhoc reports to Power BI.
- Developed custom calculated measures using DAX in Power BI to satisfy business needs.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source control and sprint planning.
- Designed and built cube using SQL Server analysis Services (SSAS) with 12 dimensions and built daily partitions.
- Extensively involved in the SSAS storage and partitions and Aggregations, Calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models and developing reports using MDX and T-SQL.
- Expertise in querying the SSAS Cubes, identifying Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and creating Dashboards and Score Cards using Multi-Dimensional Expressions (MDX)
- Skilled at using SSAS extensively for configuring and managing data sources, data source views, dimensions, cubes and mining structures.
Environment:: MS SQL server 2014/2012, MS SQL server management studio (SSMS), MS SQL SSIS/SSRS/SSAS, MS Visual Studio 2010, MS Excel, C# scripts and T-SQL.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
SQL Server DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Worked with Business Intelligence Manager to plan BI strategies, create BI road map and budget plans to deliver on organizations Business Intelligence needs.
- Conducted interviews with the keys business users to collect information on business processes and user requirements. Documented business processes and analyzed procedures to see that they would meet changing business needs.
- Assessed the impact of current business processes on users and stakeholders.
- Developed multiple dashboards, analytical reports, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and Interactive reports based on business requirements using SSRS to support executive business needs. Developed interactive Super Bill report in SSRS to support transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10
- Designed and developed a full-scale BI reporting solution using SSRS.
- Created SSIS packages using best practices from scratch to perform ETL process and load the data into destination table.
- Performed Extraction & Migration of Data (ETL) from heterogeneous data sources using SSIS.
- Created complex Stored Procedures with error logging using Try Catch block.
- Created Complex T-SQL queries to load and retrieve Hundreds of Millions of rows in a quick time.
- Expert in using tools SQL profiler and database tuning Advisor (DTA).
- Expertise in creating Metadata tables to log the activity of the packages, errors and change of the variable. Various techniques such as CDC, SCD and Hash bytes were used to capture the change of the data and execute incremental loading of the dimension table
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Modified and developed ETL programs, indexes, data staging areas, transformations, summary tables based upon redesign activities.
- Designed the ETL process and scheduled the stage and mart loads for the data mart.
- Experienced in working with Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema to develop MOLAP Cubes using MS SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS).
Environment: SQL server 2014/2012. SSIS, SSRS, Visual Studio 2015, Windows Server 2008R2, C#.Net.
SQL Server Developer
- Analyzing different user requirements and providing solutions for various database applications.
- Developing database application which are automated.
- Planning and implementing capacity expansion in order to ensure that the databases are scalable.
- Diagnosing and resolving database access and checking on performance issues.
- Developed various SQL servers and ensured that they were properly maintained and supported.
- Creation of complex database queries and indexes.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Design, develop, automation and maintenance of inbound and outbound data transformation solutions.
- Designing and creating SQL server tables.
- Writing SWL server stored procedures using Transact SQL.
- Transferring databases including TempDB to new servers using Transact SQL scripts.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2, Microsoft Visual Studio, 2008.