- Enthusiastic, logical and detail - oriented software developer with over 30 years of IT experience.
- I have worked in the pharmaceutical, public safety and public sector arenas.
- Technologies include Micro Focus Cobol, GTSoftware netCobol, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, 2010 and 2012, SQLServer 2005 and 2008, Oracle embedded SQL, Oracle RdB embedded SQL, Sun UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows and OpenVMS VAX and Alpha COBOL, Beginner-level C#.net.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Software Developer
- OpenVMS COBOL developer supporting a legacy procurement application.
- I do analysis and make recommendations for a plan of action to meet changing user needs.
- I then implement that plan and make the necessary program changes.
- I also code modifications to meet regulatory requirements.
- I serve as backup database administrator for the RdB database.
Technical environment: OpenVMS 8.3, COBOL, CMS, MMS, DECForms, embedded Oracle RdB sql.
Confidential, Eagan, MN
- Soup to nuts COBOL developer working on program enhancements.
- Most recent project involved creation of a confidential communications database and necessary system changes to write to and update this database.
Technical environment: OpenVMS 8.4, COBOL.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Senior Software Systems Engineer
- Coded minor enhancements for the US Small Business Administration’s loan processing application written in COBOL.
- Modified perl scrips to document program input and output files.
Technical environment: Micro Focus Cobol, UNIX, embedded Oracle sql.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Coded bug fixes and minor enhancements to a COBOL application that supports all aspects of running a small utility company.
Technical environment: Micro Focus Cobol, Linux, embedded Oracle sql.
Confidential, Hillsboro, OR
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed multiple interface programs to load data in various formats (text, xml) from different vendors into Confidential ’s law-enforcement records tracking system.
- Customized Confidential ’s record management system screens to fulfill clients’ requirements.
Technical environment: Micro Focus Cobol, MS Visual Studio 2008, Team Foundation Server, Windows 7 and Windows XP, MS SqlServer, UNIX.
Confidential, Salem, NH
- Coded new COBOL batch programs and developed SQL scripts.
- Prepared paperwork and populated staging areas for installation of software into unit acceptance testing, disaster recovery and production environments.
- Monitored and verified success of those installations.
Technical environment: Micro Focus Cobol, GTSoftware netCOBOL, MS Visual Studio, Windows XP, MS SqlServer, Accurev code management. Note: Sungard was migrating from Micro Focus COBOL to GTSoftware netCOBOL during my tenure there.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Analyzed, coded and tested modifications to COBOL programs and SQL scripts that were part of a tracking and reporting system used by the state of AZ and its contract agencies to contain the costs of administering mental health services to needy patients.
Technical environment: Micro Focus COBOL, UNIX, Oracle.
Confidential, St Louis, MO
- Coded and tested enhancements to existing interactive and batch COBOL programs and developed new interactive programs to support the pharmacy’s mail-order home delivery business.
Technical environment: OpenVMS, OpenVMS COBOL, DECForms, CMS code management.
Confidential, California, MDProgrammer/Analyst
- Analyzed, coded and tested fixes to the customer order/job order subsystem.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Coded, tested, debugged and documented client-specific modifications to a point-of-sale software package that is the backbone of small to medium-sized retail jewelers.
- Transmitted changes electronically and installed on clients' systems.
Technical environment: OpenVMS COBOL, pre-Net Express 3.1 version of Micro Focus COBOL.