- 9+ years of experience as Oracle PL/SQL Developer in Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i & 8i versions and IT experience in Software Development/Maintenance & Production Support Projects.
- Technical areas of experience related to PL/SQL, Informatica, UNIX & Shell Scripting.
- Experienced in complete life cycle Implementation of PL/SQL Development.
- Experienced in working in OLAP and OLTP Database environments.
- Proficient in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Normalization, Database Design, creating Indexes, Functions, Triggers, Sub Queries, Collections, Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Performance tuning and optimization using Explain Plan, SQL*Trace, TKPROF and Oracle Optimizer hints.
- Experienced in PL/SQL Performance Tuning using Bulk Collections and other optimization techniques,
- Expertise in Dynamic SQL and Exception Handling.
- Expertise in Data Integration of data from various data sources like SQL Server, Oracle, Flat Files, and XML files and Data Migration.
- Experienced in working with high availability and scalability databases.
- Worked with various performance tuning techniques using tools provided by Oracle like SQL*TRACE, TKPROF, HINTS, DBMS STATS etc.
- Experienced in importing data from Flat files from Legacy Applications to Oracle DB using SQL Loader.
- Creating Users, Roles and Profiles, Privilege management with role - based security.
- Expertise in Data Warehousing and ETL concepts.
- Good Exposure to Informatica Transformation concepts.
- Expertise in handling 24/7 Production Support projects.
- Good exposure to Development, Testing, Production Support, Debugging, Implementation and Documentation.
- Experienced in Requirements Gathering and Preparing Use Cases.
- Experience with Performance Tuning for Oracle RDBMS using Explain Plan and Hints.
- Comprehensive and in depth experience using the System Development Life Cycle(SDLC).
- Expertise in working with Projects in Agile Methodology.
- Created Shell Scripts for invoking SQL scripts and scheduled them using crontab.
- A self-motivated, responsible and reliable team player with a set of strong technical skills.
- Strong conceptual, business, analytical skills and innovative problem solving abilities.
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Expertise in Client-Server application development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL *PLUS, TOAD and SQL*LOADER.
- Experience in Design, Development, and Enhancement and Maintaining applications in Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall Software Development methodologies.
- Strong experience in Data warehouse concepts, ETL.
- Good knowledge on logical and physical Data Modelling using normalizing Techniques.
- Created Tables, Views, Constraints, Index (B Tree, Bitmap and Function Based).
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Developed materialized views for data replication in distributed environments.
- Experience in Oracle supplied packages, Dynamic SQL, Records and PL/SQL Tables.
- Loaded Data into Oracle Tables using SQL Loader.
- Experience with Oracle Supplied Packages such as DBMS SQL, DBMS JOB and UTL FILE.
- Created Packages and Procedures to automatically drop table indexes and create indexes for the tables.
- Developed and Automated batch load process using SQL*Loader, Shell scripts and Crontab.
- Experience in SQL performance tuning using Cost-Based Optimization (CBO).
- Good knowledge of key Oracle performance related features such as Query Optimizer, Execution Plans and Indexes.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, MySQL 5, MS SQL SERVER 2005/2008, DB2/UDB, SAP Tables and MS Access
Other Technologies: HP Project and Portfolio Management (PPM), HP ALM/QC, Oracle E-Business Suite 12, Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Oracle Applications Manager (OAM)
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripts, SAS, C/C++/C#, Perl, XML, HTML, VB.NET
ETL Tools: IBM Info Sphere Data Stage, Informatica
Data Warehousing: Star & Snow-Flake Schema Modeling, Erwin, Sybase Power Developer, SSIS, SSRS, OWB, ODI
Dev. Tools: Windows/Linux/Mac OS Environment, Eclipse, Git, XCode, Subversion (SVN), CVS, ClearCase.
Tools: TOAD, SQL*PLUS, SQL Developer, SQL*Loader, Crystal Reports, Forms 6i/9i/10g, Reports 6i/9i/10g, Work Flow Builder and XML Publisher.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Gathered the requirements from the data analysts and architects and performed technical analysis to reach a viable solution.
- Responsible for Analysis, Design, Coding, Debugging and Deployment.
- Worked with the team to design, develop, test & implement system. Creation of database objects like tables, procedures using Oracle tools like PL/SQL, TOAD. Written Stored Procedures using PL/SQL.
- Worked in preparing functional document, user document, process flow diagram and flow chart.
- Developed PL/SQL Packages, Procedures and Functions accordance with Business Requirements.
- Created PLSQL procedure, used the DBMS SCHEDULER for automatic weakly sending emails to the users.
- Rich experience in writing SQL queries, Views, Materialized views, cursors, collections, Ref cursor, cursor variables, System reference cursor, Dynamic SQL.
- Written complex Oracle SQL queries with complexity using Inner/Outer joins, Indexes, Sequences, Union All, Intersect & Minus set operators.
- Trobuleshooted performance issues and bugs within anonymous blocks, Partitioning dbms output and Explain plan.
- Create various Data Mapping Repository documents as part of Metadata services (EMR)
- Short term assignment to assist Oracle in a data clean up and conversion / migration task using Oracle Warehouse Builder 10G Rel. 2, to migrate mainframe legacy to Oracle eBusiness Suite.
- Worked as an Informatica developer to design and develop Informatica mapping, to perform the Extraction, Transform and Load process by studying the business requirement from the users and the mapping documents.
- Customized Reports and Forms to meet user requirements mainly in financial modules (AP, GL, and AR).
- Developed Scripts for creation of database objects like tables, views, indexes etc.
- Provided Production Support for the application and business users.
- Handled Configuration Management Support for Release activities.
- Involved in deployment and post-deployment support.
- Created Indexes on the tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance.
- Involved in data loading using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader calling UNIX scripts to download and manipulate files.
- Created extensive documentation on the design, development, implementation, daily loads and process flow of the Informatica mappings
- Wrote PL/SQL Database triggers to implement the business rules in the application
- Analyze SQL statements, reorganize database objects and design indexes to improve response of queries.
- Developed reports using complex queries as per client request as a part of production support.
- Provided on call support, solved the user issues and made necessary changes.
Environment: Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, UNIX, TOAD, Oracle Forms 9i/10g, Reports 9i/10g, ERwin, IBM Web Sphere Data Stage, MKS Integrity, CVS, SUN Solaris, MS SQL Server
Confidential, Nashua, NH
Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Support.
- Created the database objects like Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, DB triggers, Indexes, and Analytical functions.
- Used External Tables and SQL*Loader to create ETL packages for flat file loading and error capturing into log tables.
- Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like Explain Plan, SQL*Trace and TKPROF.
- Effectively made use of Table Functions, generated columns, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, and Materialized Views.
- Used Ref Cursors, Synonyms, Indexes, Joins and Exceptions extensively in coding. Tuning of the SQL queries, which takes long time to process the request using Explain Plan, Hints to reduce the response time.
- Worked on various tables to create Indexes to improve query performance and also partitioning large Tables.
- Worked in implementing table partitions using Range, Hash, Composite techniques.
- Good understanding of Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema, Dimension and Fact table.
- Extensive use of Unix Shell Scripts and Autosys to automate process.
- Used Autosys to schedule the batch jobs for Intraday and End of the business day cycles.
- Worked on UNIX and Perl scripts for scheduling Autosys jobs in UAT/SIT/PFIX/PROD Environments.
- Worked on Version Control tool such as Tortoise SVN and used the JIRA bug tracking tool.
- Responsible for troubleshooting back end UAT and production issues.
- Worked on troubleshooting, issue escalation, applying the patches and fixes using Change Requests.
- Worked extensively to deploy the UNIX and Perl code in Linux environment.
- Understanding the PL/SQL code for issues in the database and advice the development team with logs.
- Production support and involved in implementation of coding standards and Data Base change requests.
Environment: Oracle 10g / 11g/12c, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, Oracle Forms 9i/10g, Reports 9i/10g, CVS, TOAD, UNIX, Shell scripting, Oracle Warehouse Builder 184.108.40.206, Subversion (SVN), CVS, Perl.
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Gather requirements for change requests with the Business team and create design documents
- Provide User Access to Business End Users to the Front end tools after getting the required approvals
- Create PL/SQL packages for implementing Change Requests for adding new functionality to the application
- Created database objects like Tables, Views, Sequences, Synonyms, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Cursor, Ref Cursor and Triggers.
- Wrote complex SQL Statements, Complex Joins, Co-related Sub-queries and SQL Statements with Analytical Functions
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning using tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF and AUTOTRACE
- Extensively used Oracle Hints to direct the optimizer to choose an optimum query Execution Plan
- Extensively used Bulk Collection in PL/SQL Objects for improving the performance
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for debugging and maintainability.
- Automated Oracle and Informatica workflows using Unix Cron Utility in Unix Environment.
- Responsible for writing Unix Shell scripts for loading data using SQL*Loader. The Control Files for the tables were created and automated through UNIX shell scripts to perform data load in to Oracle tables. Used SQL Loader and PL/SQL scripts to load data into the system application.
- Performed Data Cleansing to weed out erroneous Orders from the DWH tables
- Extensively used Toad to develop Oracle PL/SQL Packages.
- Create Procedures and Functions in SQL Server to migrate data from Legacy servers to Oracle Datawarehouse tables
- Create Informatica worflows (7.0 for Flat Roll/9.0 for Tubular implementations) for implementing business logic
- Worked on Sessions & workflows for variety of loads starting from Source to Target
- Created Parameter Files to override session properties for source directory, Bad file Directory, Source, Target & created Mapplet parameters for Mapplets
- Created Mappings using Designer, Extracted the data from the flat files and other RDBMS databases into staging area and loaded onto Data Warehouse
- Developed the Informatica Mappings by using Aggregator, SQL Overrides by using Lookups, source filter by using Source Qualifiers and Data Flow Management into multiple targets using Router Transformation
- Developed reusable Workflows, Worklets, Mappings and Mapplets using transformations including Router, Aggregator, Lookup, Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner and Union
- Create Shell scripts for automating the business logic
- Create ABPP (Agile Business Process Platform) workflows which sequences the execution of Oracle Packages, Informatica workflows, Shell scripts as per the business logic
- Deploy the code across the environments to main code consistency and update the same in Clear Case for version control
- Create Test Cases for verification and validation of the Change Requests
Environment: Oracle 10g / 11g/12c, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, Informatica, SQL*Loader, Oracle Forms 9i/10g, Reports 9i/10g, CVS, TOAD, UNIX, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Involved in SDLC gathering requirements from end users. Participated in system analysis.
- Participated in code walkthroughs and review sessions with the development team.
- Developed stored procedures and triggers to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Written Stored Procedures using functions and cursors for common utilities.
- Developed views to facilitate easy interface implementation and enforce security on critical customer information.
- Integrated packages and procedures to work with Web-Services.
- Extensively Used the DBMS XMLGEN and DBMS XMLSTORE package to generate and insert XML files in Oracle 11g.
- Performance Tuning for queries, functions and procedures for efficiency on Production environment.
- Analyzed the PROD data and developed Data Fix queries, including the cascade tables.
- Participated in system analysis and data modeling, which included creating tables, views, indexes, synonyms, triggers, functions, procedures, cursors and packages. Created programming code using advanced concepts of Records, Collections and Dynamic SQL.
- Developed Automated Batch Jobs to perform frequently running jobs.
- Monitored Indexes (XMLType: XMLIndex) and analyzed their status for performance tuning and query optimization.
- Designed/developed tables, views, materialized view, stored procedures, packages and functions.
- Used advanced Bulk techniques (FOR ALL, BULK COLLECT) to improve performance. Developed Installation scripts for all the deliverables.
- Generated Complex reports in Cognos 10.1 report studio including Drill Down reports from DMR modeled Frame work model.
- Automated scripts by scheduling control-M jobs, by using PowerShell scripts and windows scripting for improvement in performance of reporting.
- Designed AutoSys based solutions for communication of issues to technical teams.
- Involved in performance tuning on SQL using AUTO TRACE, EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF utilities.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF and AUTOTRACE.
- Written and edited shell scripts to automate the execution of the procedures and report the results through e-mail.
- Created Oracle forms components such as object groups, property classes and visual attributes
- Created and manipulated stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers using TOAD. Wrote heavy stored procedures using dynamic SQL to populate data into temp tables from fact and dimensional tables for reporting purpose.
- Created PL/SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package.
- Created materialized views using different clauses like FAST, COMPLETE, FORCE, ON COMMIT.
- Experience in working with IMPLICIT CURSORS, EXPLICIT CURSORS, and REF CURSORS.
- Worked on oracle PL/SQL collections ARRAYS, NESTED TABLE, and ASSOCIATIVE ARRAYS with INDEX BY VARCHAR2.
- Created new SSIS Package to extract date from legacy to SQL SERVER objects using BIDS and Visual studio 2010.
- Worked extensively on web forms and data binding controls like Grid View, Data List and drop down boxes and Mapping page fields to the database fields.
- Designed and created complex source to target mappings (STTM) using various transformations inclusive of but not limited to Aggregator, Look Up, Joiner, Source Forms, Source Qualifier, Expression, Sequence Generator, and Router Transformations.
- Created records, tables, collections (nested tables and arrays) for improving Query performance by reducing context switching.
- Performed and Supported unit testing, system testing and UAT testing. Dealt and resolved production issues.
- Track the development of the project and review the code to maintain good quality.
- Encapsulated error handling and use of autonomous transaction for logging. Used UTL FILE for exporting data and UTL MAIL to generate E-mails.
Environment: Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Agile, SQL developer, Oracle Forms and Reports, TOAD, Unix Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
- Analyzed all business functionality related to back-end database interfaces and utilized PL/SQL developer tool in developing all back-end database interfaces.
- Designed the conceptual, logical and physical model according to the requirements using Erwin.
- Worked on Logical and Physical Data Modeling to gather the business requirements and convert them into models and design the databases.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Indexes and Views in Development and Production environment in PL/SQL and SQL*Plus.
- Involved in debugging and Tuning the PL/SQL code, tuning queries, optimization for the Oracle database.
- Review data transformation rules and provide technical suggestions in data transformation logic and pseudo code (PL/SQL).
- Used UTL file in packages to read/write the data from/to a flat file and SQL*Loader for migrating flat file data into target.
- Involved in OLTP Process.
- Created tables using Toad as well as created and managed roles for different users to access database objects.
- Written various Triggers, Stored Procedures to perform or automate many of the tasks.
- Optimized SQL queries used in Reports and Stored Programs (Procedures, Functions and Packages) to improve performance drastically.
- Created Database Triggers, bypassing the mutating table errors, use of row and statement level triggers for advanced auditing of changes made to a table and Oracle Functions and Procedures to centralize the business logic in the database.
- Improved the performance of the application by rewriting the SQL queries.
- Wrote packages to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, sub queries.
- Resolved Priority Production Support Issues and Defect Fixes.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, Forms 6i/10g , Perl, UNIX, shell script, SQL*LOADER, Erwin, TOAD, SQL*Loader, Toad.
Confidential, Eau Claire, WI
- Developed PL/SQL procedures, customizing existing programs according to the needs of the client testing.
- Implemented PL/SQL packages consisting of procedures and functions.
- Performed review of the business process, involved in Requirements Analysis, System Design Documents, Flows, Test Plan preparations and Development of Business Process / Work Flow charts.
- Extensively used cursors for fetching the rows.
- Created Materialized Views, Triggers, Sequences, collections.
- Involved in development and testing of oracle back-end objects like database triggers, stored procedures, Sequences and Synonyms.
- Involved in design, development and Modification of PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers to implement business rules into the application.
- Customized forms and reports as per user requirements using Oracle Developer Forms & Reports.
- Extensively used cursors for fetching the rows.
- Loading data through SQL Loader and UTL FILE.
- Involved in tuning the SQL queries create database objects and optimally set storage parameters for tables and indexes.
- Designed the reports using Reports as per user requirements. Created Reference and Master/Detail tables to store information. Tested forms and reports using test data.
- Wrote Shell scripts to insert data to database tables. Wrote PL/SQL code to retrieve data for master and detail blocks.
- Interacted with business clients in the remote locations to verify customer requirements.
Environment: Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell scripts, SQL Developer, TOAD, HP Quality Center, SQL *Loader, Import Export.
Confidential, Pheonix, AZ
- Developed various PL/SQL objects like procedures, functions, packages, Cursors, pipeline functions and triggers in accordance with the business needs.
- Created database objects like tables, views, synonyms, indexes, views, materialized views and sequences.
- Involved in interacting with the end-user (client) to gather business requirements and modeling the business requirements.
- Define and represent entities, functions and flows between the entities.
- Participated in analyzing the requirements for the logical and physical design of the database.
- Knowledge of Normalization, Data Warehousing, and data transfer, documentation, preventive maintenance, code review, automation, store procedures and triggers etc.
- Experience with merging data files coming from the customer into the existing data warehouse.
- Performed exception handling for data that did not conform to the required format.
- Implemented purging techniques on the data which is not required by the clients.
- Responsible for making the merged data in turn available to other clients.
- Implemented PL/SQL scripts in accordance with the necessary Business rules and procedures.
- Presented several technical presentations on Oracle database operation.
- Scheduled html reports using UTL SMTP, UTL MAIL and DBMS SCHEDULER.
- Optimized SQL statements and PL/SQL blocks by using Oracle Hints, Explain plans, profiling, collecting statistics and Trace sessions for Cost based Optimization.
Environment: Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, Oracle FMW, XML, Visio, UNIX Shell scripts, SVN, Toad, SQL Developer, SQL *Loader, Import Export.