- 8 Plus years of experience as SQL/BI Developer, involved in Design, Development, and Support of MS SQL Server 2005/08/12/14/16 , and providing Business Intelligence solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS).
- In - depth knowledge of Transact -SQL (DDL, DML, DCL), Design, Normalization of the database tables and Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Proficient knowledge of writing, modifying and implementing Tables, Stored Procedures, Functions, CTEs, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Cursors, Joins and User Defined data types.
- Experience in building Data Integration, Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
- Proficient in creating SSIS packages using SSIS variables and expressions (for dynamic ETL), SSIS Control Flow items (for Loop, execute package/SQL tasks, script task, send mail task) and SSIS Data Flow items (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Fuzzy lookup, Fuzzy Grouping, Pivot, Merge Joins).
- Expertise working with SSAS in creating cubes, data source views, Star and Snow-Flake Schemas, Fact and Dimension Tables, Calculations, Aggregations, KPI’s, Measures and Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) queries and deploying of analysis services projects.
- Good Knowledge in design and implementation processes for deploying, upgrading, managing, archiving, and extracting data for reporting using SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in styling and generating reports using different formats like Table, Matrix, Sub-report, Chart, and Gauge.
- Expert in generating Sub Reports, Standard, Mailing Labels, Cross Tab Reports and Graph Reports by using Chart expert of Crystal Reports.
- Strong experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Server, Reader, Public and Mobile in various versions of Tableau 7/8.1/8.2/9 and Tableau 10.
- Hands on experience with Tableau Filter Hierarchy especially using Data Source Filters, Context Filters to fine tune dashboards.
- Expertise in creating and developing power BI Dashboards in to rich look.
- Good knowledge in Teradata database design, implementation, Maintenance, administration and documentation mainly in large scale Data warehouse environment.
- Experience in designing Data Marts for different Business subject areas using STAR and SNOWFLAKE schema
- Has good knowledge in Python libraries such as NumPy, Beautiful Soup, Pandas, SciPy, Pytables and Matplotlib.
Operating System: Windows 10/8/7, Windows server 2016/2012/2008 r2/2008
Databases: MS SQL SERVER 2016/2014/2008/2005/2000 , MS Access 2003, Oracle, DB2, Teradata
C, Python, T: SQL, Teradata SQL, R, Dynamic SQL and XML
ETL Tools: SQL Server Business Development studio (BIDS), SQL Server Integration services (SSIS) 2008, 2012 and 2014
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Reporting Services Configuration Manager, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Data Base Engine Tuning Advisor, Import and Export Data wizard.
Reporting and Analysis Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft Power BI, PowerPivot, Power View, PerformancePoint, SharePoint, DAX, SSAS, MDX, Power Bi, Tableau.
Other Tools and Utilities: Microsoft Office Technologies, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat reader /writer, ERWIN, Tidal, Maestro, AutoSys, PowerShell.
Relational DBMS, Client: Server Architecture, OLTP, OLAP
Version control Tools: SQL Source Control, GIT, TFS, SVN
Confidential, Irving, Tx
Sr SQL BI Developer
- Performed complex SQL report writing and design.
- Used SQL Server 2012 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, and SQL Server Visual Studio.
- Used T-SQL in constructing User Functions, Views, Indexes, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Data Dictionaries, and Data Integrity.
- Performed in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Designed the ETL for the data load.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from various sources of the Company into the database that was modeled and designed.
- Deployed the SSIS packages to SQL server and different file system locations, using save the copy of package option, deployment utility option and package installation wizard.
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Utilized power BI (Power View) to create various dashboards that depict critical KPIs along with slicer and dicer enabling end-user to make filters.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Developed qualitative and quantitative business metrics reports and dashboards using Tableau on a monthly and yearly basis to make key decisions
- Developed and reviewed SQL queries with the use of joins clauses in tableau desktop to validate static and dynamic data for data validation.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately
- Created stored procedures using Common Table Expression (CTE) and various types of UDF functions
- Worked in an agile scrum methodology.
- Scheduling the jobs to run for ETL using SQL Server Agent.
- Worked on writing the T-SQL code for the historical data to pull according to the specification requirement.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005 Enterprise Edition, Windows, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau, Power BI, Query Analyzer, Erwin, GIT, MS Access 2003, MS Visio 2007, MS Excel 2007, Visual Studio.
Confidential, Norwell, MA
Sr SQL BI Developer
- Migrated data from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 environment.
- Created and managed databases for clients as well as systems to provide import of client data and reporting of finalized data.
- Created schema objects such as tables, views, clusters, indexes, procedures, triggers & maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Created SSIS packages for Data Conversion using data conversion transformation
- Developed scripts to migrate data from multiple sources.
- Maintained the security, integrity and availability of SQL Server.
- Performed data extraction and migration activities for populating test (or non-production) and customer databases.
- Managed database integration issues including migration between disparate databases, integration, maintenance/conversion, capacity planning issues, and new applications.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Joins, Constraints, DDL, DML and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic and also created clustered and non-clustered indexes
- Formatted dashboards, multiple chart types, trends, and KPIs with power view to support analysis
- Translated the Business requirements into workable functional and non-functional requirements at detailed productional level using workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Use Case Modeling.
- Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Developed Tableau visualizations to support ad-hoc analyses and interacted with Business users in understanding their requirements.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Utilized Power BI (Power Pivot/View) to design multiple score cards and dashboards to display information required by different departments and upper level management.
- Used filters, quick filters, sets, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau reports.
- Developed, implemented, and executed a quality assurance program and quality control standards for all ETL (SSIS) activities. Performed regular data consistency, quality and reliability checks.
- Designing data models, contributed to the overall design and implementation of the data warehouse. Participated in all data warehouse planning and execution.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining commercial ETL application(s) and integrating them.
Environment: Tableau, Power BI, MS SQL Server 2008/12, SSMS, MySQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, MS Access, MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
SQL BI Developer
- Performed ETL operations on different kinds of datasets using Control flow and Data flow tasks.
- Created SSIS packages to move data using different tools like Script Component, CDC Splitter, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Column, Slowly Changing Dimension etc.
- Handled huge data using performance techniques performing Table partitioning and Indexing using TSQL.
- Actively involved in Normalization (3NF) and De-normalization of database.
- Expertise in using Team Foundation Server (TFS) to open bugs, create tasks and user stories, initiate change requests.
- Created log table by writing query in TSQL for key transaction tables and inserted/updated log table for each transaction using Triggers.
- Used DBCC to check database conditions, fix database corruption, rebuild indexes and stability.
- Created tables using Recursive Common Table Expressions (CTE), Stored Procedures, Functions, Derived Tables, and Joins for hierarchical data.
- Developed SSIS packages by pulling the data from different sources, transforming it and loading into destination files using SSIS Toolbox.
- Involved in designing Parameterized Reports for generating Ad-Hoc reports as per the client requirements using Crystal Reports and Tableau.
- Scheduled Jobs in timely fashion to Execute packages daily, weekly, and biweekly.
- Transformed data from OLTP to OLAP by creating cubes.
- Created Dimensions and measures based on business requirement.
- Worked on PowerShell scripting for task automation and configuration management.
- Generated various Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Yearly, Yearly, and random ad-hoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for various business users.
- Developed dashboard reports using Reporting Services, Report Model and ad-hoc reporting using Report Builder.
- Worked on Incremental Loads using concepts like Checksum and Column to Column compare.
- Created snapshots of reports to improve performance by reducing the report rendering time.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012, SQL BI Suite (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), PowerShell, AutoSys, JIRA, Batch Scripting, Enterprise manager, Crystal Reports, Tableau, XML, MS PowerPoint, OLAP, OLTP, MOSS 2007, MS Project, MS Access 2008 & Windows Server 2008, Oracle.
SQL Server Developer
- Merged existing databases and to design new data models according to the requirements and perform daily database backup & restoration and monitor the performance of Database Server.
- Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL.
- Responsible for Installing SQL Server on new servers (2008, 2012).
- Upgraded one of the existing 2005 Productions Server to SQL Server 2008 Version.
- Interacted with development and Net ops team to implement new changes to production.
- Created joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Performed Recursive CTEs on the tables to get hierarchical data.
- Used DDL and DML for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Installed and Configured SQL Servers 2005 and 2008 on development server for designing and testing.
- Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures on the ongoing database operations, as needed, to resolve business problems.
- Performed JOIN operations between Master and Transactional Tables.
- Created Index on tables to improve the performance of query.
- Performed PIVOT operations on tables to transpose columns and rows to get effective view of data.
- Generated cross-tabulation reports to summarize data.
- Performed Trigger operations (INSTEAD OF, AFTER) on DML, DDL statements to Log the data.
- Created Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Tables, and other SQL joins.
- Maintained data integrity by performing validation checks.
- Performed Database Integrity Checks, updated Database Statistics and performed Re-indexing.
- Provided research, design, and creation of a robust system ensuring effective processing of financial information from multiple external locations.
Environment: MSSQL Server 2005,2008,2008R2, Windows Server 2003/2000, Windows NT, Visual SourceSafe, DTS, MS Access, Enterprise Manager, Analysis services 2000, MS office 2003, VBA macros.