- Over 7 years of experience in Designing and Implementing BI applications within various industries such as Healthcare, Insurance and Banking. Highly - proficient with SQL Server BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS) within large and small Development/Production teams. Experienced with all phases of SDLC involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation. Excellent problem-solving skills with strong ability to efficiently implement Database Solutions to accomplish all critical Business Objectives.
- Proficient in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from different type sources such as Excel, Oracle, and flat file using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) from OLTP to OLAP
- Experience in SQL Server DTS and SSIS (Integration Service) package design, constructing, and deployment.
- Created complex SSIS packages using appropriate control and data flow elements with SSIS Standards like error handling, logging and working with package config files.
- Experience in Interacting with Business users to analyze the business process and transforming requirements into screens, performing ETL.
- Experience in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using (SSRS).
- Created Ad-Hoc Reports as per client requirement and used Stored Procedures.
- Created weekly and monthly reports as per requirement using SSRS and Scheduled Reports to be delivered to User on-demand Basis or run on daily, weekly and monthly basis in SSRS report Manager.
- Involved in designing visual report solutions, including dashboards using SSRS and other data visualization/dashboard tools.
- Experience in Configuring and maintaining Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS, Deployed and Scheduled the Reports in Report Manager.
- Used Temporary Tables, Table variables and Common Table Expressions (CTE) for the better performance of the queries according to the requirement.
- Configured data partitioning/table partitioning on huge tables containing millions of rows for better performance.
- Wrote T-SQL procedures to generate DML scripts that modified database objects dynamically based on user inputs.
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data.
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS concepts and constructs along with Database Objects creation such as Tables, User Defined Data Types, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions, Triggers
MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 , SQL Server BI Development Studio (BIDS), MS Visual Studio, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Microsoft Office 2016/2013/2010/2007 , MS Windows 2010/2008/2007/ XP, T-SQL, C/C++, MS Excel, MS Access, Tableau
Confidential, Morristown, NJ
Sr. ETL/ BI Developer
- Interacted with team leaders and executive sponsors to gather both Functional and Technical requirements.
- Used agile methodology for SDLC and utilized scrum meetings for creative and productive work.
- Extracted medical data such as Medical Claims, ED visits, in-patient stays using diagnosis, procedure and revenue codes.
- Designed SSIS packages and performed ETL Operation for heterogeneous sources and destinations.
- Designed, developed ETL packages, tables, stored procedures, indexes, views and functions etc. to implement best practices and to maintain optimal performances.
- Identified new sources of data and transformed into actionable information.
- Created multiple SSIS packages to perform the migration from old database to new database.
- Implemented the master-child package technique to manage large ETL projects efficiently.
- Used checkpoints and breakpoints for debugging ETL packages.
- Designed, developed, unit tested and deployed SSIS packages along with complex stored procedures and queries for implementing complex business rules.
- Performed/automated many ETL related tasks including data cleaning, conversion, and transformations to load OLTP data into OLAP.
- Developed queries in T-SQL to extract data from a variety of SQL environments and to add data elements to the data warehouse.
- Worked on providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Identified, tested and resolved database performance issues to ensure data optimization.
- Created documentation for Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Test Case Preparation.
- Worked collaboratively with staff and reporting officials to resolve data discrepancies and/or to clarify reporting procedures.
- Worked on designing Reports such as Tabular, Matrix, and list using SSRS. Configured and maintained Report Manager and Report server using SSRS.
- Created the reports based on the requirements and deployed the reports in report server.
- Created a sustainable reporting practice and means of storing, sharing/publishing the information and reports using subscriptions.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2014, Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Visual studio 2012, MS Excel, Integration Services (SSIS)
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
Microsoft BI Consultant
- Actively involved as a part of a team for gathering and analyzing the User Requirement.
- Extracted patient data such as ED visits, patient needs and health plan change reason codes.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages using various kinds of control flow and data flow elements to extract, transform and load data from different data sources into project data-mart
- Designed, developed, debugged and tested SSIS packages, Stored Procedures, configuration files and implement best practices packages to maintain optimal performance.
- Created and scheduled jobs to automate the tasks using SQL Server Agent.
- Extensively worked in analyzing Stored Procedures and updated data in tables based on the requirement.
- Developed datasets to perform reporting and included interactive drill down reports, report models and ad-hoc reports.
- Developed advanced correlated and un-correlated sub-queries in T-SQL to generate Sub-reports, Drill-Through and Parameterized reports using SSRS 2014.
- Created report snapshots to improve the performance of SSRS.
- Implemented SSRS Business Intelligence life cycle such as configuration of report server configurations, Deployment of reports, creating report subscription (Data Driven) in development, Test, Production Environment.
- Conducted peer review of other developers to ensure standards and quality.
- Maintained positive and effective communication with coworkers, clients, providers and customers.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, SSIS 2014, SSRS 2014, Windows 2013, SharePoint 2010, MS Access, MS Excel
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Microsoft SQL Developer
- Developed ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files) and loaded the data into target tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) ETL development tool.
- Created SSIS Packages for migration of data between SQL Server and other databases such as MS Access, DB2, and Oracle.
- Optimized the performance of slow executing SSIS packages by making changes to control flow and data flow such as avoiding blocking transformations and increasing buffer size.
- Created packages to cleanse data with fuzzy lookups/groupings, data conversion and condition splits.
- Designed, developed and implemented various SSIS Packages and deployed using Deployment Wizard.
- Troubleshooting of reports by cross checking the report layouts, Datasets, stored procedures and SSIS packages.
- Assisted with various ad hoc query requests.
- Converted a complex business logic into SQL stored procedures and user-defined functions
- Generated on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL server reporting services (SSRS).
- Designed and implemented Parameterized and cascading parameterized reports using SSRS
- Built SSRS project to generate reports with desired formats (Word, PDF, Excel, etc.) to present statistics information according to business requirements.
- Created various datasets in T-SQL, stored procedures for SSRS.
- Used calculations, sorts, filters and sections to enhance data presentation in reports. Created many Cascaded parameters in the reports using SSRS.
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of transformations while loading the data.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, Visual Studio for SSIS, SSRS, Microsoft Office suite (word, excel), Microsoft Visual Studio
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Microsoft BI developer
- Actively participate in gathering of user requirement and system specification.
- Interacted with customers to analyze business needs. Provide software product design and - developed technical roadmap for the solution through the project lifecycle and beyond.
- Created different Parameterized Reports (SSRS 2008/2012) which consist of report Criteria in various reports to make minimize the report execution time and to limit the number of records required
- Built SSRS project to generate reports with desired formats (Word, PDF, Excel, etc.) to present statistics information according to business requirements
- Created subscriptions to provide a daily basis reports. Used reporting services to schedule reports to be generated on predetermined time
- Involved in performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard
- Created reports using stored procedure. Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports
- Migration of stored procedures and database objects between development and test environments
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Setup SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) to integrate with Team Foundation Server (TFS) to develop/build/deploy reports using TFS 2012.
- Created various types of reports such as sub reports, parameterized, Tablix and Matrix by using SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Modified queries and stored procedures to improve the performance.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008/2010 , SQL Server Management Studio, Windows 2000/2003, SSIS & SSRS
Confidential, Columbus, OH
SQL Server Developer
- Developed, maintained and executed SQL queries and validated completeness, integrity, and accuracy of data.
- Designed, developed, and tested stored procedures, views and complex queries for the creation of Reports.
- Involved in Designing and developing ETL packages using Heterogonous Sources to Destination (SQL Server).
- Successfully created SSIS packages using Sequence Container, Data Flow, Execute SQL, Bulk Insert, Send Mail Task Etc.
- Used SQL Server Agent for job scheduling.
- Used advanced features of T-SQL in-order to design and tune T-SQL to interface with the database and other applications in the most efficient management.
- Built and performed user acceptance testing on new and modified reports.
- Generated different types of reports like tabular, matrix, list, etc.
- Created parameterized reports for the clients, based on requirements using SSRS and deployed reports on to the server for the end users.
- Created complex T-SQL Functions, Triggers, Tables, Indexes and Views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Worked extensively on DTS Package designs for Import/Export from various Data Sources.
- Involved in migrating SSIS 2005 packages to SSIS 2008 packages.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server Studio Management, Visual Studio, MS Excel, SQL Server Agent