- Seeking a position to utilize my Database/Analytical skills, abilities and achieve professional growth while being resourceful, innovative, and flexible.
- 13+ years of professional experience working with various technologies and around 5 years with SQL Databases as an analyst, Database Administrator and Developer.
- Experience performing management: Backups/Restores - Basic optimizations - Storage systems -Normalization, Scripting and triggers - SQL Server Audit (Database engine) - User permissions, SQL Server Profiler - Trace flags, - Activity monitoring - Wait and Dead locks - Log Shipping - Failover Cluster - Mirroring - Scheduling maintenance jobs - Utility explorer Modifying and creating SQL server agent jobs - Data mapping and Data mining.
- Expertise in Migrating SQL Server 2000 databases into SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008/12/14 and also expert in migrating DTS packages to SSIS Packages.
- Strong understanding of the principles of Data warehousing, Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Star and snowflake schema modeling using SSMS, VISO and ER/Studio.
- Understanding of SQL Server Tabular and Multidimensional models.
- Knowledge of Database management principles and practices, Data profiling, Data visualization and Data storytelling.
- Worked extensively on installing and configuring SQL Server Reporting services 2012, developed and deployed Ad- hoc, drill down reports for web-based end users.
- SDLC familiarity.
- Handling Memory configurations for SQL Server 2000 and 2005 on Windows 2003/2008 Server.
- Provide software build support & ongoing assistance with build activities to ensure timely delivery of testing & production software builds in a highly software development life cycle process.
- Strong experience in mentoring with team members, documentation and 24/7 on call production support.
- Understanding of DLP concepts and products (Symantec DLP, IBM Guardian)
- Experience with Active directory, Group policy, File server, and Exchange.
- Understanding of Desktop Support, and Software Licensing Services.
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines (Service Now Tickets - CRM Ticking system - Sales-force).
- Bilingual - Fluent in English, native Arabic speaker with a fair knowledge of French and Spanish.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Win 7/ 8/ 10. Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012/ Mac OS X, LINUX, UNIX
Databases: SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016, Oracle 10g, MS Access
ETL & Reporting Tools: SSMS, SSRS, SSAS and SSIS
DB Utilities: SQL Server Management Utility, Query Analyzer
Application Software: Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio 2015.
Data Modelling Tools: Erwin, Visio
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Installation & configuration 2008/2012/2016 enterprise Edition.
- Working as an MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2005 Administrator and responsible for installation, configuration, tuning and provided 24 X 7 dedicated support to all production Servers.
- Migrated the SQL 2000, 2005 and . Resolved the issues after migration of the Database.
- Worked on various types of system units monitoring and fixing technical problems that might possibly prevent the database instances from their daily run.
- Converting DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Administered databases including backups/restores, security, patching, monitoring of scheduled jobs, alerts, performance, and resource usage.
- Efficiently carried out DBA responsibilities in planning SQL DB migration activities, in migration phases and in performing post migration tasks.
- Transformation of data (Millions of records) to SQL server by SSIS, DTS, BCP.
- Played a key role in business requirements analysis, architecture designs, physical and logical Data modeling, application development by using Erwin.
- Created stored procedures for maintaining SQL Server, Written Stored Procedures for Application Developers.
- Troubleshot day-to-day problems encountered on production, development and test database environment
- Install and upgrade packaged databases remotely by using red gate.
- Hands on experience and outstanding knowledge of high availability SQL Server solutions, including replication and SQL Server clustering.
- Generated Script files of the databases whenever changes are made to stored procedures or views.
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, clusters, indexes, procedures, and triggers and maintained Referential Integrity.
- Performance tuning and optimization of Query of SQL server.
- Supporting programmers for moving objects to different environments.
- Creating and maintaining user's logins and Roles.
- Established Entity Relationship Diagrams.
- Wrote and modified many SQL queries while working in a very fast paced environment.
- Investigated and resolved Dev/QA connectivity issues.
- Tested SSIS packages that import data for Data Profiling purposes.
- Analyzed data to identify sales trends and ensure data integrity using SQL scripts and Power-BI.
- Determined key performance indicators including visitor profiles, web analytics, mobile and social analytics.
- Maintained the daily, weekly and monthly performance reports of the team.
- Developed business intelligence solutions for all business areas including: operations, accounting, marketing, and executive management.
- Created and maintained various monthly sales reports to track productivity for certain products to build annual forecasts and budgets.
U Tester/ Self-Consultant
- Designed, developed, maintained, promoted, and updated a variety of web sites as assigned by several local clients.
- Worked and participated in test cycles
- Submitted test cases for Web and Mobile apps through uTest for a range of companies.
- Developing a Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence App, partnering
Confidential, Powell, OH
Analyst Engineer/ Support
- Profiled different data sources to analyze complex business issues and incorporates. Company and industry knowledge. Like for example: (A non recommended user pattern, password resets, file access/ creation, permissions)
- Monitored SQL server performance in function with the application with an in-depth grasp of SQL server Reporting Services (SSRS), writing, troubleshooting and optimizing SQL queries.
- Facilitated requirement gathering and alignment with business and technology partners (Microsoft) for the new-implemented application modules, while supporting other working modules.
- Diagnosed and resolved database access issues for different accessible systems and checking on performance issues and that’s through stored procedures, for example: (sp helprotect, sp helprolemember, sp helpuser), GUI or Browser roles.
- Coordinated with account teams in development of new accounts and maintenance of existing ones for auditing and security purposes to monitor changes to user accounts (Create, modify, delete) member of selected groups and their types (User, Group, Computer, etc. and their statutes if Enabled or Disabled)
- Conducted/ enabled Group policies and logon scripts along with recommendations for auditing purposes, to audit GP object changes, settings, and permissions with the name of the originating workstation from which user made the change.
- Created interactive SSRS reports allowing clients to review and analyze their data and remits from a Web based application. (Using Report builder or visual studio)
- Participated and supported SQL server installations both upgrades and standalone installations.
- Involved in performance monitoring and tuning of the database by first looking at the server hardware, operating system, memory, CPU, SQL version, database, SQL Server Profiler and Application version.
- Mined and translated inventory data into meaningful metrics used to analyze efficiency and quality.
- Interfaced with sys-admins/ IT support users to document requirements to develop effective auditing/ security solutions for our clients audited infrastructure, for example: (Windows servers, File servers, SQL servers, SharePoint,
- Helped in databases upgrades for the purpose of ensuring their ability to use new and/or existing application.
- Provided technical assistance to the projects throughout their development phase by customizing the systems to give desired result/ Provide tips and tweaks to cope with newly discovered faults for the applications to eliminate any production issues.
- Ensured the software is patched and able to protect from threats. Make recommendations for mitigating identified risks.
- Ran scripts through the command prompt to verify that all the needed configurations, settings and modifications are setup correctly on the customer various systems (Windows server 2008 R2 - 2012, 2014, File servers, SQL server, AD, GP) to audit and detect changes for example: Auditing Failed Logins in SQL Server, etc.
- Helped with SSIS Logging and data auditing, like for example: I would limit SSIS logging to OnError and OnTaskFail events because it carries a large I/O overhead and can slow the application performance.
- Interacted with third party vendors and identified different external and internal homogenous and heterogeneous sources and extracted and integrated data from flat files, Oracle, SQL Server sources and loaded to staging area and database/ Data-mart tables.
- Log problems from incidents and link similar incidents to the problem and document symptoms and analyze the impact of problems to mitigate risk using the CRM ticketing system (Sales force).
Confidential, Gahanna, OH
- Collected customer infrastructure and computer information to recommend appropriate technical solutions.
- Directly supported over 18 products and assisted on an additional 20 products.
- As a POC (Point of contact) I Trained colleagues on directly supported products.
- Researched, evaluated, recommended and implemented methods, policies, processes, best practices, techniques, technologies and tools for software license management.
- Facilitated requirement gathering and interfaced with system-administrators and end users to ensure efficient and successful product deployment.
- Liaise with Product Owners/Managers, Inventory Management and business representatives to ensure proper tracking of all software products deployed to ensure that end users have sufficient licenses.
- Provided support to external customers and sales representatives via telephone and email for all McGraw-Hill School Education Group product lines…
- Debug failures, identify design flaws, and suggest solutions for both existing and new applications.
- Log hotline calls into a database, update open call tickets, and monitor them through resolution using the Salesforce CRM system.
- Worked with various Salesforce.com objects like Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Campaigns, Reports, and Opportunities.
- Provided tips and workarounds for application faults to resolve production issues.
- Performed user acceptance testing to ensure that defects are recognized as soon as possible.
- Interacted with lead and senior support analysts to report issues and work towards resolutions through weekly meetings, live chats and conference calls.
- Strong experience working directly with non-technical customers and translating requirements into actionable prototypes, and developing formal requirements for such prototypes.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Technical support Analyst
- Promoted from Tier 2 to Tier 3 analyst based on abilities to work independently and efficiently with confidential client information and obtain positive feedback from clients about service.
- Employee of the Month for March 2011 and Best Performing Agent for October 2011.
- Temporarily managed more than thirty (30) call center agents during my superiors’ vacation time. I monitored calls and provided feedback during coaching sessions, implemented effective customer service strategies, set goals for the team and provided coaching to ensure achievement, monitored and evaluated CSR performance to assure quality service, professionalism and courtesy, and identified actions that can improve call quality and customer satisfaction.
- Fully investigated, diagnosed and resolved consumer issues via email, telephone call, letter or chat to maintain high levels of consumer satisfaction.
- Maintained a "closed-loop" communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of problem resolution status and all consumer follow-up is completed.
- Provided supports to front line agents in a fast-paced environment and accurately escalate issues as needed.
- Configured clients’ equipment and software to connect to the Internet via modem/DSL Router.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Internet-related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and web browsers.
Regional ICT Specialist
- Developed, designed and published several websites and electronic newsletters for E-Learning/online environmental training courses and database backups.
- Participated in various environmental-related research efforts including Electronic Waste Management (e-Waste)
- Prepared presentations for board of trustees’ meetings by gathering and analyzing data from every department.
- Closely worked with affiliated organizations like UNDP and Arab Water Council (AWC) in managing joint projects and providing detailed progress reports via fax, email and phone to ensure that all deadlines were met.
- Increased the professional qualifications of staff by means of research and training.