- Around Eight plus years experience in Database Administration, maintenance and production support of relational databases, business applications, new server setup, MySQL Server installation, upgrade, migration.
- Strong MySQL and SQL Server skills but also significant general system administration skills on Linux, UNIX/HP, Open VMS, and Windows environment.
- Experience in Database Administration, development, design, and maintenance and production support of relational databases, business applications, new server setup, MySQL Server installation, upgrade, and migration.
- Have successfully managed high availability of production systems for Corporate Sectors and Individual Organizations as MySQL DBA.
- Experience with Shell Script, & development.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using different Utilities.
- Expertise in snapshot, import/export, db optimization with the help of explain plan.
- Expertise in database migration from myisam storage engine to innodb storage engine to increase performance and betterment of integrity constraints.
- Involved in designing, developing, testing and rolling out of complex enterprise applications to completion in terms of Database as well as frontend, With different project development model like Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM etc.
- Expertise in snapshot, import/export, db optimization with the help of explain plan .
- Worked on Creation of users, roles and granting/ revoking necessary permissions to users and roles.
- Experienced in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using different Utilities.
- MySQL Administrator - Used to monitor all the MySQL administration activities from a central server. This can perform user management activities, server management, replication management and administration activities.
- Created a custom utility to monitor the performance variables from a central system and alerts in case of performance issues.
- Strong experience in Data modeling and their different tools like Oracle Designer, Power Designer, Erwin, MS Visio and DDT.
- Experience in the administration of Web based Internet/Intranet Client/Server multi-tire distributed application, major in database technologies in Consulting, Sales & Finance and Telecom, Quality & Standards domains.
- Experienced in Database optimization and developing stored procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Joins, Views, Cursors and SQL on databases: MySQL, Oracle10g, OMWB tool.
- Configured batch jobs for data transfer from MySQL Production, backups to Disk or Nfs, and refreshing QA database with production data.
- Sound understating of project Management.
- Involved in client Production Support and Maintenance - Tasks including programming, debugging and testing of existing applications that run in a production environment for purposes of remediation system errors or to extend application life span.
- Experienced with Requirements gathering, data modeling, System Architecture, Feasibility studies, Scope Documents & requests for proposal (RFP).
- Good analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated with strong commitment to quality and customer service.
- Strong in solving problems of diverse scope where technical analysis and evaluation is required.
Databases: MySQL 5.6/5.5/5.1
Database Tools: MySQL Workbench, MySQL Toad, Migration Toolkit, MySQL GUI Tools- MySQL Query Browser and MySQL Administrator, MySQL Percona toolkit
Other Tools: Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, MySQL Enterprise Monitor
Scripting languages: Shell Scripting
Environment: Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris, HP Unix, CentOS, Mac, Windows Server 2003/Windows, Fedora
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Administration and management of the entire development, QA and production environment.
- Installed and configured MySQL on Linux and Windows environments.
- Performed installation, new databases design, configuration, backup, recovery, security, upgrade and schema changes, tuning and data integrity.
- Increased database performance by utilizing MySQL configuration changes, multiple instances and by upgrading hardware.
- Assisted with sizing, query optimization, buffer tuning, backup and recovery, installations, upgrades and security including other administration functions as part of profiling plan.
- Utilized performance schema and Percona toolkit to identify redundant and unused indexes.
- Configured and administered company websites, including general LAMP stack
- Worked with New Relic to monitor database and find out slow queries to tune further.
- Worked with the engineering team to implement new design systems of databases used by the company.
- Effectively configured MySQL Replication as part of HA solution.
- Designed databases for referential integrity and involved in logical design plan.
- Performance Tuning on a daily basis for preventing issues and providing capacity planning using MySQL Enterprise Monitor.
- Developed stored procedures, triggers in MySQL for lowering traffic between servers & clients.
- Ability to carry out security tasks at network level such as block/unblock TCP/IP ports through firewall on both Linux and windows and block/unblock remote access to MySQL server.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux shell commands.
- Created and deleted users, groups and set up restrictive permissions, configuration of the sudo files etc.
- Created data extracts as part of data analysis and exchanged with internal staff.
- Performed MySQL Replication setup and administration on Master-Slave and Master-Master.
- Documented all servers and databases.
- Database engineering is based on SDLC pattern. Involved all the steps like requirement analysis, Design, Development and Testing and then deployment.
- Shell script is being used for some data migration and backend work management.
- Supporting management with different database related decisions.
- Handling Release management and user acceptance.
Environment: MySQL 5.6.2, NDB Cluster, Web Services, Shell Script, LINUX .
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Provided 24x7 on call production support
- Supported developers and users, Monitored super privileges, O.S authentication, passwords, privileges, register for security update using metalink, worked with sys admin to close unnecessary open ports, used secure protocol, used password to protect listeners also audit users log on/ log off created/ dropped objects and capturing the actual sql statement that was issued rather than only the fact or the event occurred.
- Regular logs usage review.
- Regular Database Monitoring.
- Review status of nightly Database and Application Server incremental backup reports. Work with system administrator on any issues.
- Verify database backups for exports and hot backup emails.
- Verify free space host availability on (backup/archive) directories.
- Experience with MySQL Workbench, MySQL Administrator, MySQL Query Browser and MySQL Migration Toolkit, Percona toolkit
- Monitored the database size and increased the size when required, analyzed the database tables and indexes and then rebuilt the indexes if were fragmentations in indexes.
- Checked completion results for any scheduled jobs, corns or data processing including refreshes.
- Reviewed daily invalid object reports for all databases.
- Verify and confirm applications, databases and application servers are operational and functioning normally by monitoring OEM, server processes, automated e-mails, etc.
- Created users, allocation of appropriate tablespace quotas with necessary privileges and roles for MYSQL databases.
- Build Bitmap indexes and created materialized views for data warehouse project.
- Turned the Flash Recovery Area on to backup oracle databases from any logical corruptions (table, index) that making the backup faster.
- Responsibilities also, included removing row chaining for better performance deciding the naming conventions of data file, redo log file, tablespaces and segments.
Environment: MySQL 5.1.6, Web Services, Shell Script, Apache, LINUX.
Confidential, Manchester, NH
- Developed and maintained Development, Test and Production MySQL Databases on Linux/Unix/Windows (LUW) platforms.
- Maintained database security by Granting/Revoking users/role (v. 5.5) authorizations and privileges
- Maintained database concurrency by setting proper Locks for queries, solved table locking issues, concurrent inserts and external locking issues.
- Experience with MySQL GUI tools MySQL Workbench, MySQL Administrator, MySQL Query Browser and MySQL Migration Toolkit, Percona toolkit.
- Implemented database backups - Logical/Physical, Online/Offline, Full/Incremental and Snapshot backups (MySQLdump backup).
- Recovered database using crash, version and roll-forward recovery methods.
- Experience in setting-up of MySQL Replication (master-slave and master-master)
- Experience in setting up and maintaining disaster recovery of MySQL databases with High Availability Clustering with Distributed Replicated Block Device (DRBD) with Linux Heartbeat.
- Worked on Log maintenance (error logs, query log, binary log, slow query log and relay log)
- Implemented Column Level Encryption and Decryption on some highly secure financial tables.
- Implemented MySQL Enterprise Monitor, MySQL Replication Monitor and MySQL Query Analyzer for improving query performance and capacity planning in Data Warehouse databases.
- Implemented role concept for all users across all MySQL Database servers and audited them.
- Wrote shell scripts, to take backup, disk space monitoring, I/O contention, log growth and rate of database growth.
- Monitored speed of expression and functions using BENCKMARK tool.
- Experience with MySQL utility programs: mysqlbinlog, mysqldumpslow.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting health parameters of the database such as Deadlocks, concurrent inserts, external locking, Buffer Pool, query cache, database/application heaps.
- Monitoring log space, database growth, Error Log, Disk I/O, CPU utilization on a regular basis.
- Establish standards and procedures to implement database security and auditing procedures
- Created Logical and Physical data models using ERWIN (Data modeling tool).
- Opened Service tickets to get the resolution for critical database issues
Environment: My SQL 5.1.6,/5.1.4 Shell Script, LINUX 5.0, 5.1.
- Installation and setup of MySQL 5.1 Enterprise and Community servers on Windows/Linux and SUN Solaris Servers.
- Installation and Configuration of MySQL database servers on Sun Solaris systems
- Scheduling snapshot incremental and full backups of MySQL database using third party tools like VERITAS Net Backup.
- Scheduling hot and cold backups using MySQL dump.
- Database optimization by tuning queries for various modules in the project for better performance.
- Setting up Master-Slave replication between MySQL Servers for high availability of data.
- Implementing Event objects through Database for extract, loading and transfer data Reports.
- Administering Users, Roles and Privileges.
- Scheduling backup through batch file.
- Upgrading from My SQL 5.0 to My SQL 5.1.
- Implementing MySQL database replication.
- Working with various MySQL tools like MySQL Workbench, MySQL Administrator, MySQL GUI Tools, MySQL Performance Monitor, MySQL Migration Toolkit.
- Facilitated requirements collection, collection of documents.