- Senior IT Professional with more than 9+ years of experience in Information Technology Industry with area of expertise being Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Enterprise System such as Oracle Relational Database Management System.
- Worked with major clients like Alamo Colleges, Confidential, Confidential, University of Toledo, Tennessee Tech University, Confidential etc.
- Expertise in creating database objects such as Tables, Constraints, Indexes, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers using Oracle.
- Proficient in SQL and PL/SQL programming like writing Joins, cursors, variables, Ref. cursors, nested tables, associative array, dynamic SQL and nested loops.
- Experienced in developing Reports using Argos 3.x/5.x, and Tableau 8.x.
- Expert level knowledge in Argos Reporting and experience in creating Data blocks and creating Excel, Banded and Extract report using Reporting Writing.
- Expertise in Oracle Reports and Oracle Forms.
- Knowledge in developing Banner Administrative and Self - Service pages/forms.
- Expertise in developing Banner Workflow Applications. Experienced in creating Business Components, Workflow Roles, Workflow users and assigning Users to the Roles. Created Context and Component Parameters using Banner Workflow Modeler.
- Knowledge in working on Banner 9, development environment, integration of Banner 8 Objects, migration of procedures.
- Specialized in Higher Education Domain, Extensive development work with Banner Student, Admissions, HR, Degree Works and Financial Aid modules.
- Executed/Developed routines for migration of Crystal Reports to Argos Reports and developed Customized Argos reports, based on the client requirement.
- Knowledge in setting up EC2 instances, security groups and Setting up databases in AWS using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Worked in AGILE environment and Scrum Methodology.
- Experience in 24X7 Production support including on-call support.
- A Team player and have the ability to work effectively with senior management in accomplishing objectives and able to deliver results and meet deadlines.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g, SQL Server 2008, 2012
Languages: PL/SQL, MS SQL, C, Python, Shell scripting, HTML, Groovy Grails, UNIX
ETL Tool: Informatica Power Center 8.x (Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow monitor)
Tools: /Utilities: PL/SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle Forms 6i/10g, Oracle Reports, TOAD, SQL Developer, Jenkins, IntelliJ, Eclipse
Cloud Technology: Amazon Web Services(AWS)
Reporting Tools: Argos, Crystal Reports
Version Control: GIT, SVN
- Interacting with users of different departments to understand the current(Manual) process followed for creating Banner roles.
- Analysed the approval process followed currently and designed the process to be followed in Banner workflow.
- Responsible for Data Modeling of the workflow application.
- Created roles in Banner workflow and assigned users to those roles.
- Automated the process of creating Banner roles using Ellucian Banner Workflow.
- Developed database objects in PL/SQL, i.e. writing Stored Procedures, Packages, and Queries.
- Used the procedures and queries to create Business components in Workflow.
- Developed reports for users using Argos.
- Support, develop and maintain Banner 9 Admin pages customizations.
- Responsible for performing Data Replication activities from DEV to TEST Instances.
Confidential, New York
Sr. Database DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Interacting with users to gather Business requirements and Analyzing, Designing and Developing the procedures and packages.
- Involved in Understanding the various Asian and European Capital Markets.
- Wrote User Guide and did demo to Capital Markets Team (End Users).
- Analyse and Normalize Data of the relevant business processes.
- Customized and developed Trade Feed screens for various markets using Oracle Forms.
- Developed programs in PL/SQL, i.e. writing Stored Procedures, Packages, and Queries.
- Handled monthly Database Refresh in QA-Test environment for testing of new Deployments and Build.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances utilizing Amazon Web Services (Linux) and Configuring propelled examples as for particular applications.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure with various resources like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling.
- Validating connections between APR Gloss and external systems.
- Review and Implement improvements to support process.
- Coordinated and managed Release Cycle.
- Configured Jenkins Jobs for new Linux Servers.
- Successfully supported UAT for the migration.
- As part of Devop Sessions, gained knowledge on Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- Knowledge on Configuring ODI connections between source and target systems in topology.
- Automating the code to be copied from SVN to different environments through Jenkins Jobs.
Environment: PL/SQL Developer, SQL Developer, Oracle Forms, Python, AWS, TOAD, Putty, UNIX, Linux, SNV, Scrum, Jenkins, IntelliJ, Capital Markets
- Interacting with users of the system to gather Business requirements and Analyzing according to requirements.
- Involved in the designing a prototype of the report using Argos, based on the requirements, for the approval.
- Implementing the functionality of categorizing the students into High, Medium and Low Priorities by writing SQL Queries.
- Created custom Database Objects (Tables, Sequences, Views etc.) as per the requirements of the user.
- Developed programs in PL/SQL, i.e. writing Stored Procedures, Packages for Implementing the Email functionality.
- Involved in unit testing of the report to match with Banner data.
- Responsible for taking Backup of Database objects and performing Data Replication activities from DEV to TEST Instances.
Environment: PL/SQL Developer, SQL Developer, TOAD, Banner 8.x, SVN, Secure VPN, Argos, Banner Implementation,Java
- Worked in Banner Recruiting, Admissions and Advising Modules.
- Involved in gathering system requirements, design, development and testing phases of this project.
- Developed packages, procedures and functions based on the requirements.
- Involved in Code Review and verification of coding standards.
- Preparing technical documentation for the Student service centre(SSC).
- Unit testing of written Stored Procedures and Queries with best execution plan.
- Obtaining the business process requirements for the workflow process.
- Implementing workflow in Letter Management process.
- Performed database/infrastructure physical design, database upgrades & applied software patches to databases as per application/client requirements.
- Installed, upgraded, configured, compiled, support of various Modules for Prod, QA, staging and on development.
- Experience with SQL DDL/DML Triggers, Database Migration and Upgrading.
- Responsible for performing Data Replication activities between different database Instances.
- Troubleshoot day-to-day issues associated with SQL.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Developer, Banner 8.x, Putty, Unix, SVN