- Confidential has ample experience in IT (Application Support, Networking, and Database Administration).
- He was the sole production SQL Server DBA of Confidential Diplomatic Security.
- Prior to that role Confidential was a part a team consisting of 6 DBAs supporting the Confidential project.
- He was the sole Oracle DBA of DHS GETS system.
- Preceding the role as a DBA, Confidential was a lead application support engineer for Confidential ’s STIP system.
- In this role, Confidential served as the data analysis lead, wrote documentation, and was involved heavily in deployments.
- Database Management
- SQL Server Application Support
- SQL Networking Oracle
Database knowledge: Oracle 9/10/11g, SQL 2008r2/2012/2016, and Visual Basics
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows XP, and Windows 7 & 8
Servers: Windows 2008r2 and Windows 2012
Software Programs: Remedy, Altiris, BMC Track it, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Solar Winds, Visio, WEKA, MS SQL Server Studio, MS Integration Services, Red Gate, Oracle Grid Control, Putty, Secure CRT, IIS and Microsoft FrontPage
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
SQL Server Database Administrator
Confidential, Rosslyn, VA
- Install, configure, upgrade, patch, and manage Microsoft SQL Server Databases.
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policy and procedures.
- Provide monitoring on physical server level, database level, and query level.
- Create users and grant permissions based on authorization level.
- SQL Server lead on all SQL instances in Confidential Diplomatic Security production environment.
- Ensure 24 - 7 uptime on all production database systems.
- Plan and implement Disaster Recovery projects and activities.
- Maintain documentation of database environment and infrastructure.
- Automate daily backups using maintenance plans in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Work with system administrators, architects, development teams, and business application owners to ensure database changes are in-line with operational standards and the strategies needed to scale.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to administer as well as troubleshoot live issues both internal as well as customer reported.
- Ensure that database server and settings are in compliance with DS database STIGs.
- Develop custom queries on DS inventory database for reporting.
- (Active Directory) Account management, network rights/permissions, access network shares, password resets
Confidential, Rosslyn, VA
- Transfer and replicate data accurately and quickly.
- Maintain distributed SQL Server database and ensures its availability to users of the Confidential system that are based globally.
- Monitors database performance (using tools such as Ignite or SQL Diagnostics
- Manager or Spotlight on SQL Server) and assists with database security.
- Load, test verify and validate data.
- Performs complete functional testing of database structures and verifies information provided in all environments including development, test, and production.
- Resolves load, processing, reporting (extract), and other data management issues.
- Optimizes/balances processing and performance for peak and load.
- Write SQL queries to extract data out of the database for various reporting and/or monitoring server performance
- Use T-SQL to insert missing data and/or update data in Production environment.
- Perform database backup & recovery.
- Create and manage user roles in Test/Production environments.
- Support development on scheduled software releases and hot fixes.
Confidential, Fall Church, VA
- Developed data imports and export routines to automate data loading from data on an unclassified Microsoft SQL Server to a classified Oracle database.
- Created windows, screens and reports to support the operational requirements of a team using the Oracle database as the backend to a system that was used to manage sensitive subscriber information (names, phone numbers, addresses, type of service, etc.)
- Program and wrote code as necessary to include modifying and maintaining scripts and code written by predecessors.
- Maintained a moderately complex database for internal and external users/clients.
- Upgraded a server from Oracle 9i to 11G databases.
- Performed analyses and reviewed complex applications being released into production.
- Analyzed the needs and user requirements of existing database systems and developed technical, structural, and organizational specifications to include access methods, access time, job control language, statistical methodologies, device allocation, validation checks, data protection and security.
- Supported OSS team with creating scripts, reports, and CDs documentation.
Data Analyst/Application Support
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Remotely monitored, performed diagnostics, and troubleshot devices for network connectivity issues.
- Created and executed inserts, updated, and deleted queries to make changes throughout the Confidential equipment database.
- Queried Oracle database when troubleshooting data, connectivity issues, and ad-hoc reports for management.
- Managed network devices in Solar Winds.
- Putty into Confidential net to verify connections and port configurations.
- Analyzed audited transaction logs.
- Documented help desk tickets/resolutions, and maintained equipment inventory lists.
- Installed, configured airport devices and verified the connections were properly installed and documented.
- Supported new devices as they were piloted or deployed into production.
- Interacted with various customers in efforts to resolve issues when devices were not communicating with the custom applications.
- Performed system administration duties via monitoring and troubleshooting an email system.
- Created and updated user accounts as needed.
- Ensured standard operating procedures and other system documentation were kept up to date.
- Trained new help desk staff on procedures, usage of applications and troubleshooting methods.
- Assisted management in meetings with third party companies.
- Monitored application server utilization using Oracle Grid Control.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Created and modified user accounts.
- Troubleshot issues via email and/or telephone.
- Documented help desk tickets/resolutions.
- Created a How-to manual prior to the launch of the new Confidential site.
- Kept Confidential users up to date on the status and/or availability of the Confidential site.
- Escalated application bugs to DBAs.