- Dynamic, creative, IT professional with demonstrated ability to meet challenging goals in constantly changing production environments. Skilled communicator able to successfully and clearly relate complex ideas in layman's terms at all business levels. Consistent attention to detail, intuitively synthesizing answers to sophisticated problems in a broad base of computer applications, languages, and operating platforms. Self motivated analyst and programmer who goes the extra distance in project oriented team settings.
- Seven years experience business analysis: using decision support systems, designing and developing key performance indicators, gathering reporting requirements and translating into content for a variety of audiences.
- Five years demonstrated experience with Medical Economics and/or Healthcare Informatics, health insurance analysis methods, especially related to applications for predictive modeling specifically related to ROI (return on investment), operations, provider performance, and claims fraud.
- Ten+ years experience performing difficult analytical tasks with minimum supervision.
- Five years experience team lead and project manager.
- Two years specific experience analyzing and reporting on compliance, utilization, and outcomes of EMR.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle, DB2, SQL - Server, and other relational databases in Client Server and Mainframe environments using development, maintenance, and reporting tools: creating complex relational dBs, research/trace anomalies,
- Five years performing sophisticated data analysis with Oracle SQL.
- Ten years creating and maintaining documentation of new databases and reports for ease of transition and ongoing support including entity relationship diagrams, as well as the business process and requirements that defined the projects the dBs and reports supported.
Applications/DBs: Epic’s Cogito Clarity Reporting (all modules), Ambulatory certification
SAP: Crystal Reports, Business Objects,Oracle, Teradata, DB2, MS-Office, Adobe products, Sharepoint, Infoview
Programming: SAS, SQL (all flavors), JCL, COBOL, HTML, Cache (M)
Medical Billing Tools: ICD-9&10, CPTcode
Confidential,San Francisco, CA
- Participated as lead data analyst in S.T.E.A.D.I. Opioid project: focusing on 1) clinical fall prevention initiative (STEADI) for older adults and 2) evaluation of the ability to influence opioid prescribing patterns and use among older adults following discharge from an inpatient setting.
- Created large extracts from Confidential EHR of inpatient clinical and medication data.
- Created universes of patient data for a variety of reporting requirements meeting the needs of the study.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Created extracts and reporting dBs for Press-Ganey / Maryland Hospital Association quality measures of Inpatient, Outpatient, Behavioral Health.
- Created large extracts from all Confidential facilities for pilot project with Lumeris and their new population health initiative; using PERL scripts to execute SQL statements against an Oracle database and push results to an sFTPsite: often based on claims data.
- Participated in and mentored Radar roll-out; specifically for Meaningful Use and other quality measures.
- Updated existing clarity reports for standardization, efficiency, and to better meet end-user needs.
- Implemented Epic’s Crystal Enterprise Integration.
- Participated in BOE upgrade from 3.0 to 4.1
- Supported legacy applications during their sunsetting.
- Mentored the organization and use of reporting workbench templates and reports.
- Participated in the rollout of Epic’s Contact Manager functionality.
Confidential, Wausau, WI
Sr. Systems AnalystResponsibilities:
- Created sets of tools for Providers and Managers to monitor individual and staff performance using Epic Systems functionality.
- Created radar dashboards and components utilizing both Epic model delivered content and developing new measures and resources.
- Created clarity crystal reports for crystal enterprise integration with Epic’s Hyperspace and reporting workbench functionality.
- Created extracts of Ambulatory, Meaningful Use, and Financial data using KB-SQL and other DBMS tools.
- Did business analysis, performed standard requirements gathering, built and implemented a set of internal performance measures also to be included on the Provider Home dashboard.
- Implemented all of the above after building consensus across a wide range of stake-holders.
Sr. Systems AnalystResponsibilities:
- Responsible for migrating in-house developed Meaningful Use Stage 1 solution to Epic Solution for MU Stages 1 and 2.
- Replace existing legacy MU data warehouse reports for executives, division chiefs, and department manager to a Crystal/Business Objects solution, modeling after Epic “look” based on revenue data.
- Use Epic’s radar and reporting workbench solutions as a means of delivering MU information to providers.
- Develop end-user friendly solution to easily choose an eligible provider’s best MU reporting period for attestation.
- Perform extensive QA on new system, new data, and newly developed reports.
- Perform extensive QA on Epic model reports for Meaningful Use.
- Work directly with all stakeholders to ensure an accurate, working, robust solution, following a standard SDLC.
- Work with other developers to overcome issues with Epic model build for Meaningful Use, including configuration, ETL, and reports.
- Provide extract of clarity orders and HB resolute data for HEDIS reporting from ordered procedures through coding to claim.
Confidential, Beverly Hills, CA
Senior Reporting AnalystResponsibilities:
- Replace all legacy reports from existing OR system to Epic.
- Replace all legacy data extracts from existing OR system to Epic.
- Enhance new replacement reports as required based on additional data available in Clarity.
- Determine if any existing Epic Optime model reports meet existing reporting needs and present solution.
- Update ETL to legacy surgery scheduling system.
- Work directly with all stakeholders to ensure a working robust reporting solution, following a standard SDLC of requirements gathering, documentation, development, testing, UAT and training.
- Train and mentor informatics staff on the Clarity data model.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Crystal Reporting: responsible for analytic reports across all functional areas of the Epic Inpatient EMR: OpTime, ASAP, Radiant, ClinDoc, Orders, Resolute/HB, Quality etc. Leveraged the use of Epic Model reports as well as dozens of custom reports. Performed requirements gathering, specification development, report creation, through to UAT and client approved production ready finished product. Reports were both Crystal Reports, and Reporting Workbench based (both template creation and reports from templates).
- Meaningful Use Reporting: managed build, testing, ETL, and reporting side of Meaningful Use. Enhanced Epic’s published reports (Clarity and other summary tools). Validated data for go-live and provider compliance. Mentored project management’s understanding and use of the MU EP reports.
- Acting Team lead: managed team reporting assignments and provided regular status reports to project leadership using sophisticated report request tracking system.
- Mentored FTE reporting team members enhancing skill sets (SQL, Crystal, and Reporting Workbench), knowledge of various data models, adding efficiencies to SQL queries.
- Crystal Integration: developed and implemented several report delivery solutions including CEI., including but not limited to InfoView training, Dashboard and Component build, distribution to share drive locations etc.