Over five years of professional experience as a SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) with solid experience in managing very large and highly transactional database systems. Working experience in planning, setting up and managing high availability and disaster recovery solutions. Solid experience on performance tuning, creating and tuning stored procedures, triggers, functions, constraints and views. Worked on developing and managing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Highly motivated and take imitative to manage and work on different projects individually and as a team. Have strong business and technical vision with effective people skills, and has high aptitude for learning new technologies.
Database Administration/ Development: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2008 R2 R2/2005/2000, 2008, MS Access 2013, 2010, 2008
Windows Server Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012R2/2012/2008R2/2008/2003
SQL Tools: Profiler, Query Execution Plan, Index and Database Tuning Advisor
ETL Tools: SSIS/DTS, BCP
Reporting and Analysis Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports
Data Modeling: Toad Data Modeler, ERWin, Visio
Hardware/Storage: SAN, RAID, HP Array configuration utility.
Performance Tuning Tools: Profiler, Query Execution Plan, Index and Database Tuning Advisor, Windows Event, System Stored Procedures, DBCC, DMV
SQL Database DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Installed, Configured, and Managed SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016 in development, Integration, Fast Track, Load, Training and production environments.
- Applied Service Pack (SP) and hot fixes (cumulative updates (CU) for Databases and Operating Systems.
- Upgraded Databases from MS SQL Server, 2005, 2008 to MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016.
- Wrote SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedure, Functions, Triggers and views.
- Created different database objects using SQL/T-SQL.
- Design, implement and manage different High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions such as database mirroring, log shipping, replication, Failover clustering and replications on different versions of SQL server.
- Installed, configured, and administered SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Create and deploy different SSIS package to full fill ETL business requirements.
- Database Upgraded SQL Server 2000 to 2005/2008 and SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008/2012.
- Database Monitoring/Performance Tuning: Tune poorly performing queries, did index and statistics related recommendations.
- Used TDE, SSL and SQL Server Audits to secure the database such as designing a secure system, encrypting confidential assets and building a firewall around the database servers.
- Automate different database related activities including backup, monitoring database health, disk space and backup verification using SSIS package and different queries.
- Database Programming: Wrote T-SQL, Trigger, Stored-Procedures, Functions and assisted database developers to optimize SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Backup/Recovery: Strong knowledge and working experience in designing, implement and manage Database Backup and Recovery solutions.
- Used DBCC to check database conditions, did indexes Reorganize/Rebuild and other database Maintenance tasks.
- Strong working experience in creating, modifying tables, Index (Cluster/Non-Cluster), Constraints (Unique/Check), Views, Developed Different Maintenance Plans for database monitoring
- Monitor Server Activity, and solving problem as needed.
- Manage different SQL tasks using PowerShell, such as fail job, disk space and performance.
- Install, configure and manage SQL IaaS infrastructure in Azure.
- Used VMware Server to evaluate software in ready-to-run virtual machines without installation and configuration.
SQL Database Administrator/DeveloperResponsibilities:
- SQL development: write and troubleshoot SQL code and design (SPs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints).
- Enhance database performance, perform restores, implement recovery procedures, handle performance tuning and conduct regular system backups. Ensure technical and functional designs meet business requirements.
- Creating and managing database resources, providing administration of database security including the monitoring and maintenance of user access.
- Monitoring, migrating, backup, recovery and tuning of SQL Server databases in a multi-platform environment.
- Utilize and analyze SQL Server Profiler to tune SQL Server 2008/R2 databases.
- Detect and troubleshoot SQL server related CPU / memory, I/O, disc space and other resource contention.
- Design and implement relational databases to support complex database systems and applications.
- Create documentation for installation, monitoring procedures, security policies, configuration changes, migration procedures, and best practices Data Analyst.