- Over 6+ years of rich work experience in Information Technology along with the AWS Cloud Infrastructure, Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Build/Release Management, Containerization, orchestration, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Deployment, Dotnet development and Linux Administration.
- Expertise working with EC2 instances ECS, EBeanstalk, lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, CloudFormation, S3, Athena, SNS, SQS, X - ray, Elastic load balancing(ELB), creating auto-scaling groups.
- Creating User accounts, Maintaining and Upgrading the servers, creating file permissions and groups, generating custom policies using IAM and Assisting in Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- Used AWS Opswork to create and manage stacks and applications, configured layers, Monitored instance health.
- Implemented Opswork for chef automate. Providing workflow automation for continuous deployment and automated testing and user interfaces for security and visibility.
- Experience in deploying PAAS applications to Elastic Beanstalk.
- Used ECS and ECR to store container images and deploy a cluster of docker containers in to ECS.
- Highly proficient in writing lambda functions to automate tasks on AWS using CloudWatch triggers, S3 events as well as DynamoDB streams and kinesis streams.
- Expertise in invoking concurrent lambda functions to serve data to third party company using API Gateway.
- Created monitors, alarms, notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch. Integrated CloudWatch with SNS to notify alarms based on Duration, Invocations, DLQ errors, Throttling.
- Designed, configured, and managed public/private infrastructure utilizing Amazon web services.
- Worked on branching, tagging, and working on version control maintenance across different environments using SCM tools like GIT, Gitlab, Bitbucket on Linux and windows platforms.
- Configuring and managing source code using Git. Resolving code merging conflicts in collaboration with Application Developers.
- Used build tools like ANT, MAVEN and GRADLE.
- Worked on automated builds and releases using Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Hudson.
- Setup CI/CD pipeline and provisioned services using Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Docker. Configured push and pull configuration.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for automation purposes.
- Worked on Artifactory repository. Nexus for MAVEN and ANT builds.
- Knowledge on source code repositories and how to work with them using build tools.
- Ability to use Docker and Kubernetes for virtualization. Deployed a secured application consistently to enhance the build/release Engineering across all the environments.
- Used monitoring tools like Nagios and Elasticsearch for log management.
- Created state file configs, backends, modules, output.tf and variable.tf files using Terraform.
- Ability to build a quality code and extended my support to ship a viable product/code.
- Hands-on knowledge on the visual studio environment using vb.net, asp.net.
- Created several subscriptions and reports on the SQL front.
- Ability to write stored procedures to resolve the bugs raised from the end users.
- Implemented software methodologies like waterfall model, Agile Methodology, and SCRUM.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux (Red Hat 4.x,5.x,6.x), CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows 8/7/Vista/XP
Source control tools: TFS, Subversion(SVN),GIT,Bitbucket, GitLab, ClearCase and Perforce.
Ant, Maven: and Gradle
EC2, Elastic Loadbalancers,: Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic File System, RDS, Dynamo DB, DMS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, SNS, SQS, Glacier, CloudFront, IAM, EMR ELB, RDS, AMI.
Jira,: Remedy, Clear Quest, HP Quality Center, and Bug Tracker.
Nexus: and Artifactory.
Java:, Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash and Shell scripting, SQL.
Web Servers: Web logic 8 & 10, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, IIS, and httpd
Databases: Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, MS SQL 2008 r2, MySQL, MS Access, DynamoDB, Aurora, MongoDB.
Other Tools/Applications: Splunk, Office 365, Docker, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Minneapolis, Minnesota
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for managing and maintaining staging and production environments.
- Used AWS services such as EC2, ELB, Auto-Scaling, S3, IAM, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Lambda, Elasticache, SNS, SQS, CloudFormation, CloudFront, Beanstalk, EMR, AWS Workspaces.
- Implemented the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) and SDLC.
- Proficient knowledge in working on version control tools like GIT.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT on AWS.
- Worked on build tools like MAVEN for the building of deployable artifacts such as .war and .ear from source code.
- Integrated GIT into Continuous Integration Environment using Jenkins.
- Used version control systems such as GIT.
- CI -- Jenkins set-up based on automated deployment systems. Further enabling “one-button” click to build and deploy docker images to specified stage and package management repositories as a CI integrated with Nexus.
- Worked on container-based deployments using Docker, worked with Docker images, automated build using Docker Hub and Docker registries.
- Pipeline as a code using groovy script.
- Wrote playbooks to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Worked on Ansible and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes.
- Used Ansible vault for password management.
- Used Ansible to Orchestrate software updates and verify functionality.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
- Written Terraform state files, output.tf and var.tf files and used git and S3 bucket to store them.
- Worked with HCI scripts to provision infrastructure in AWS cloud.
- Used backends like S3, consul, and enterprise terraform.
- Designed and Implemented IAAS and PAAS solutions using Cloud, Storage, Server, Virtualization and Network technologies.
- Containerize applications with Docker and Kubernetes and migrating the applications into PaaS environment.
- Configuring and maintaining Red hat OpenShift PaaS environment.
- Migrated on-premise MySQL environments to MySQL on Amazon EC2 and Amazon Aurora MySQL with ongoing database replication.
- Deployed and managed Amazon Aurora MySQL environments using Terraform.
- Experience on working with Integrated Development Environment like pycharm and Intellij.
- Good Knowledge in establishing database connections for python by configuring packages MySQL-Python.
- Worked on design, involved in code reviews and wrote unit tests in python.
- Evangelized cloud native application design and drove the exponential adoption of Containers and Cloud Foundry PaaS.
- Designed Document Data Model for DynamoDB and participated in the Capacity Planning.
- Designed NoSQL Document Data Model for DynamoDB.
- Installed, configured and managed the RDBMS databases like MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Used JIRA for rise up the tickets in Ticketing system.
Minnesota Information Technology Services(MNIT): DOTNET Developer/ Build & Release Engineer, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Responsible for creating user interface for department of corrections that helps in creating/managing reports and subscriptions.
- Worked on Visual Studio Environment. Used Source Code Management Tools like TFS.
- Worked on Unit Testing and extended my support/contribution for a continued support release.
- Responsible for working on SSRS and Crystal Reports. worked with MS SQL Database and creating tables in SQL Server.
- Worked on Team Foundation Software (TFS), Visual Source Safe (VSS) for maintaining the integrity of the project and the code synchronization.
- Automating large scale deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems (Ansible).
- Developed process related Documents for new-hires/existing employees as a part of standardization.
- Recognized by peers (Achieved Gold coin award) for delivering solid work in the first month of work.
TCF Bank , Minneapolis
Associate DevOps Engineer
- Worked on applications to achieve continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).
- Used EC2 Container Service plugin in JENKINS which automates the Jenkins master- slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Used LAMP implementation and development and automated tools like Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, GIT.
- Build and test end-to-end orchestration as well as managed the complete DevOps Life cycle.
- Worked on GIT and AWS Code commit which are part of the Version Source Control.
- Developed the chef recipes, cookbooks using Ruby syntax and uploaded them to the chef server using chef client tool like chef-repo.
- Created Docker containers and built Docker images and pushed those images to Docker registry and Deploying and maintaining Microservices using Docker.
- OpenShift automates application builds, deployments, scaling, health management and more leveraging integrated components from Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience in implementing enterprise scale, container orchestration and management environment using OpenShift.
- Collaborated with OpenShift online and OpenShift origin communities to develop and review patches and test cases.
- Used Red Hat strategic cloud partners such as Microsoft to jointly solve multi-vendor customer issues.
- Worked on provisioning and supporting high traffic/high-available services on Amazon EC2, VPC, and route53 and CloudFront.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Monitored a real-time production environment with data-visualizations, triggers and events using Zabbix.
- Designed and configured pods and containers using kubernetes.
- Used Docker Swarm and deployed Spring boot applications.
- Implemented fast-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Integrated Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis tools like JUnit, SonarQube to trace the bugs, security and vulnerability analysis using HP Fortify.
- Develop expertise in designing and implementing flexible, maintainable, correct, and efficient C++ code of several quantitative risk models including Credit Card, Deposit, etc.
- Worked with a team of developers to analyze project requirements and add functionality to existing C/C++ applications and SQL databases, such as reading in claims in different formats from different sources, checking for errors, and converting them into a standard format.
- Involved in writing optimization techniques for more accuracy of Macros in C/C++, C and C++ routines and Oracle SQL, PL/SQL.
- Wrote multithreaded offline/backend programs in C++ to support various UIs to deliver/process data for a scalable, high throughput, low latency software.
- Modified C\C++ code on 32 Bit/64bits environments to support enhancements, fixed bugs in the existing software in multithreaded, highly scalable, high throughput applications
AWS Systems Analyst
- Hands on experience in AWS with provisioning & resource management and setting up Enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Used many concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Worked on CloudTrail and CloudWatch to monitor server services like logs, CPU, RAM, and disk storage.
- Worked in DevOps collaboration team for internal build and automation configuration management in Linux/Unix environment.
- Using scripts to compare data consistency between different systems and for data loading and replication.
- Setting up and managing the SDLC with end-to-end automation using various DevOps tools and technologies.
- Worked extensively on Subversion as Version Control.
- Regular build jobs are initiated using the CI (Continuous Integration)/CD (Continuous Deployment) tool with Jenkins.
- Collaborated with networking and software development teams to improve and optimize the Amazon ecosystem.
- Worked on DevOps operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Environment, Service, Incident & Change Management).
- Created users and groups in IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets using VPC.
- Ensured data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS.
- Worked on MSSQL, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Database for multiple environments and Projects.
- Worked on project to migrate Supply chain dataset from MS SQL/Oracle to Aurora PostgreSQL on AWS using Data Migration Service.
- Plan, build, and optimize Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL and MySQL database environments.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration.
- Used Data-pipeline to off-load the DynamoDB to S3 at scheduled intervals.
- Migrated MySQL database environments with minimal downtime to AWS Aurora.
- Interact with business customers to understand and document their business processes and requirements.
- Responsible for managing end to end business process of a project. Created business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional design documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents, bring innovation in process and implementation documentation as necessary.
- Bridge the gap between developers and business team by working closely with each other and translating business requirements to tech and vice versa (if required).
- Mentored Software Development Engineering Interns on leadership principles, Amazon culture, systems engineering, networking, and coding best practices. worked on SQL queries to create business reports for leadership team, metrics for reporting issues.
- Worked on internal tools to find new Sellers for Amazon across US and EU region.
Linux Administrator/DOT NET Development
- Worked on activities like troubleshooting of regular issues, configuration issues, applying patches, package management and file system issues.
- Worked on Unix and Linux Operating Systems like Solaris 10 & 11, HP-UX.
- Creating User accounts and security managements.
- Executing Linux and Unix scripts. Installing patches and packages.
- Installing servers, managing the backups, mail services set up.
- Worked on configurations and installations of the files and mapping the network drives.
- Server Monitoring for CPU, memory, and disk Utilization for performance tuning.
- Designing firewall rules for the new servers for the communication purposes with the applications.
- Managed Network troubleshooting applications TCP/IP including Ethernet, IP addressing & Subnetting, routing.
- Numerous short-term projects debugging, installing, and customizing Linux PCs.
- Used Databases Like MySQL and Oracle SQL.