- Over 8 years of Experience in Data warehousing and Business Intelligence application design. Development and maintenance of Integration services (SSIS), SQLServer Reporting services(SSRS).SQL server Analytical Services and Data Transformation services (DTS).
- Experience in Data Analysis, design and development of Databases for Business applications in a client server and Data warehouse environments in SQL.
- Expert in all Areas of SQL Server development including tables user functions, Views, indexes,Store Procedures, Functions, triggers, Clustering, TSQL, relational Database models, data dictionaries and data integrity.
- Understanding and working knowledge of CDC(Change data capture) Informatica.
- Good Knowledge of Normalization/Denormalisation techniques for optimum performance in Relational and Dimensional Database environment and building Referential Integrity constraints.
- Good Knowledge in RDBMS concepts, Data warehousing concepts, OLTP and OLAP.
- Expertise in MS SQL Server Databases with tools like Index tuning Wizard, SQL profiler and Windows Performance Monitor for optimal performance.
- Experience in interacting with business Users to analyze the business process and transforming requirements into screens, performing ETL documenting and rolling out the deliverables.
- Expertise in Extract Transform and Load (ETL) and Data Transformation services (DTS).
- Strong experience in creating, configuring, Deploying and Testing SSIS packages.
- Used Excel sheet, Flat files, CSV files to generate Tableau Adhoc Reports.
- Expertise in Extraction, Transformation, Loading Data from Oracle DB2,AS400,Teradata,SQL server, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML using DTS, SSIS.
- Great Expertise in creating and managing Event Handlers, Package configurations, Logging Systems and User defined variables for SSIS packages.
- Expertise in Debugging, Error logging, Error Handling and Product support for SSIS.
- Experience in Data migration (using tools like Bulk Insert, DTEXEC, DTEXECUI) between different homogenous, heterogeneous system and SQL Server.
- Expertise in creating SQL Server Reports using SSRS.
- Expertise in creating Report models for building Adhoc reports using Power BI.
- Proficiency in creating different type of reports such as Crosstabs, Conditional Pi chart reports, Drill - down, TopN, Summary, Sub reports and formatting them.
- Expert in Handling parametrized Reports and Cascade Parametrized Reports in SSRS.
- Knowledge and Experience in Designing, developing and deploying Reports and dashboards.
- Experience in Dimensional modeling/ER modeling, Star Schema/Snow Flake schema. FACT and Dimensional Tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Expertise in SQL Server Analysis services Cube design, development and deploying.
- Migrated and recreated existing Dimensions and cubes using Star schema of 2005 server to achieve the efficiency of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Good Understanding and designing of Star and Snowflake data model Schema used in relational, Dimensional and Multidimensionaldata modelling.
- Experience in creating, modifying Measures, Dimensions, Attribute relationships and Hierarchies.
- Experience in performing data loads to dimensions, Fact Tables, Data Warehouse, DataMart’s, OLAP cubes.
- Expertise in MDX to create Named Sets, Named Members.Calculated Members and other calculations.
- Experience in managing Alerts, Operators and Scheduled Jobs through SQL Server Agent.
- Experience in using Performance Monitor/ Profiler to solve Deadlocks.
- Experience in Code Optimization and improving efficiency in databases including re-indexing, Updating statistics, and Recompiling Stored procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
- Good team player, Strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with Self-motivation, Initiative and the ability to think outside the box.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java.
Databases: SQL Server 2008/2014/2016, 7.0, MS Access, Teradata, Oracle, DB2, AS400 and MySQL
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Profiler, T-SQL, PL/SQL, OLAP, MOLAP, ROLAP, OLTP, DBCC.
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services 2005, 2008. 2012, 2016, MS Excel, Oracle Report Builder
MS: Front Page, Microsoft Office Suite, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Tableau, Power BI
Operating System: Windows 2003, XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, 95, MS DOS 4.0 - 6.2, UNIX
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SQL BI Developer
- Gathered end user requirements and developed application and different audit functionalities depending on the requirements acting both as a system analyst and application developer.
- Utilized Power query in Power BI to pivot and unpivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
- Implemented several DAX functions for various fast calculations for efficient data visualization in Power BI.
- Used Power BI Gateway to keep dashboards and Reports up-to-date with on premise data source.
- Extensively involved in the SSAS Storage, Partitions, Aggregations and Calculations of queries with MDXand Data mining models.
- Wrote User requirements documents and developed functions, indexes, stored procedures, views and triggers for automation. Converted Fast views into EUP Views and validated data.
- Implemented Synchronous and Asynchronous Change Data Capture (CDC) technique.
- Used Filters, quick filters. Set parameters and calculated fields on Tableau Reports.
- Developed multiple Dashboards, Analytical reports, KPIs and Interactive Reports based on Business requirements using SSRS to support executive Business needs. Developed interactive support bill report in SSRS to support transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) as a tool for repository of codes and version control, also maintains test scripts and documentation following the standards.
- Worked on UI Data pop and Meta-data for populating data in EXCEL using SQL macros.
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring performance, integrity and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler.
- Developed physical data models using ERWIN and created DDL scripts for database schema and objects.
- Developed query for generating drill down and drill through reports in SSRS.
- Uploaded reports on to the report manager and organized them into folders.
- Generated and formatted Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Identified and worked with Parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Used ProClarity for accessing and analyzing cubes and dimensions, and also worked on integration of SharePoint with SSRS.
- Responsible for scheduling the subscription reports with the subscription report wizard.
- Deployed the generated reports directly on the client’s workstation.
- Created Books and views using ProClarity.
- Experience in Designing, Building the Dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for analyzing purpose.
- Created shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes and aggregations on MS OLAP/ Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Enhancing performance using optimization techniques-normalization, indexing and Transaction Isolation levels, monitoring logs to ensure the completeness of batch processes, scripts and processes.
- Responsible for ETL operation using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Worked with users in training and support and also have experience in incremental data loading.
- Designed and developed SQL SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as Access database, Excel spreadsheet, and flat files into SQL server for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Have good hands on experience working with FTP component in SSIS and used Configuration Manager to retrieve the passwords.
- Managed the migration of SQL Server databases to SQL Server 2016.
- Experience in upgrading SQL Server software to new versions and applying service packs and hot fixes and unattended Installations.
- Experience in Installing and Configuring SQL Server Active/Active and Active/Passive clusters, monitored Scheduled jobs and alerts.
- Implemented and successfully tested Log shipping in SQL Server.
Environment: MS SQL Server, T-SQL, DTS, SSAS, SSIS,SSRS, Power BI, Tableau SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Query Analyzer, MDX, SQL Server BIDS,MS Visual Studio.
Confidential, Dallas, Tx
SQL BI Developer
- Analyzed and designed software and database solutions.
- Involved in developing SSRS reports using MDX and T-SQL.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to Optimize DTS package and Store procedures.
- Created KPIs for reporting of scorecard and performance management
- Developed SSIS Templates which can be used to develop SSIS Packages such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Dev, Test and Production Environments.
- Implemented Incremental load using Checksum and CDC techniques.
- Worked on other packages of the SQL serverEdition SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services).
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes and applied constraints, connected various applications to the database and written functions, stored procedures and triggers.
- Created DTS packages to copy tables, schemas and views and to extract data from Excel and Oracle using SSIS.
- Created data mapping between two distinct models.
- Designed data models using Erwin. Developed physical data models and created DDL scripts to create database schema and database objects.
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (Cluster Index, Non Cluster index) tables.
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server tools like Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Involved in Installation, Configuration of Share Point Form in Cluster Environment.
- Designed and developed Star and Snow Flake Schema.
- Reviewed Cube with End user and changing the cube according to their requirements.
- Involved in extracting the data using SSIS from OLTP to OLAP.
- Created Indexes, Constraints and Rules on database objects.
- Created components, tools, techniques, methods and procedures used in an on OLAP environment for accessing and translating data into understandable and usable business information using SSAS.
- Migrated and recreated existing Dimensions and Cubes using Star schema on Server to achieve the efficiency of SQL Server Analysis (SSAS).
- Performed tuning to optimize SQL queries using SQL profiler and query analyzer.
- Created reports with Analysis Services Cube as the data source using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse which encompasses server name, database name, accounts, tables and direction of data flow, Column Mapping, Data dictionary and Metadata.
Environment: MS SQL Server, SSAS, SQL Server Reporting Services, SSIS, Power BI, Tableau, Front Office, Windows XP /NT, MS Office.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Extract, Transform and Load source data into respective target tables to build the required data marts.
- Used Tableau to create visual interactive dashboards using calculations, parameters and workbooks for decision making.
- Install and configure servers and clients using SQL Server. Create and upgrade SQL databases.
- Understand user requirements and Data Model defined and developed by the business analysts and data architects.
- Created functional specification document and technical specification document.
- Constructed OLTP and OLAP Databases.
- Performed DBA tasks like Backup, Restore of tables and Stored Procedures and Refreshing Database on weekly basis.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions (UDF), Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications following SQL code standards.
- Implemented different types of constraints on tables. Designed and applied entity and attributes description and definition for the models.
- Managed indexes, statistics and tunedqueries by using execution plan for optimizing the performanceof the databases.
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring and optimizing performance, dataintegrity and SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler.
- Created Snapshots, Subscriptions and Transactions using Replication services.
- Migrated data from SAS environment to SQL Server with SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS).
- Created ActiveX script to execute VBScript.
- CreatedETL process using SSIS to transfer data from heterogeneous data sources.
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Created packages to convert txt file to XML file.
- Created SSIS packages through .NET for incremental load.
- Migrated DTS objects to SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) environment. Responsible for Deploying, Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements to create business user reports.
- Created Parameterized, Cascaded, Drill-down, Cross-tab and Drill-through Reports using SSRS 2008 with .NET applications.
- Developed ReportModels for building Ad hoc reports using Crystal Reports. Developed optimal stored procedures and queries to create data sets for reports.
- Designed and implemented stylish report layouts. Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Responsible for scheduling the subscription reports with the subscription report wizard. Played a Content Manager role on report server.
- Worked on performance tuning on existing storedprocedures and existingreports for the faster processing of reports.
- Created Reports on top of the cubes.
- Expertise in creating SQL code for extracting, summarizing, aggregating or presenting data from database systems using report writer.
- Designed SSAS cube to hold summary data for Target dashboards. Developed Cube with Star Schema.
- Created aggregations, partitions, KPI’s and perspectives for a cube as per business requirements.
- Created roles using SSAS to restrict cube properties.
- Created usage based aggregations in cube to minimize time for query retrieval from client tool Target.
- Created bottom count, top count, cross join, non-ascendants and logMDX queries for creating Calculations and KPI’s on a cube.
- Implemented cell level security in cubes using MDX expressions to restrict users of one region seeing data of another region using SSAS.
- Environment:MS SQL Server, MS Access, Performance Point Server, C#, ER Win 4.0, Visio, Informatica, MS SQL Analysis Services, Power BI, Tableau, Business Objects 6.5.1/ XI r2, XML, ActiveX, MS Excel, Visual Studio, Windows Server, Oracle, Toad, ERWIN, Crystal Reports, Excel.9
- Managed the entire ETL process involving the access, manipulation, analysis, interpretation and presentation of information from both internal and secondary data sources to customers.
- Understanding the business requirements, analyzing source system, source files, setting up the goals for implementing the new client.
- Created the Logical, Physical model and ETL Mapping Documents based on Business logic.
- Extracted data from Oracle, DB2, AS400, SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel and XML using SSIS and cleanse the data.
- Configured the SSIS Packages using Environment Variables for Dynamic Selection of Development and Production Environment.
- Converted data types using Derived Column, Data Conversion Transformation.
- Converted various data files (CSV, XML, COBOL and Legacy Flat Files) based on business logic using Script Task and Script Component.
- Generated 7M Record files using SSISScript Task and Script component Format the files based on client requested format using.
- Setup the client packages for Accounts, Transactions and Notes based on Templates.
- Created SSIS Reusable Packages to extract data from Multi formatted Flat files, Excel, XML files into UL Database and DB2 Billing Systems.
- Created SSIS Packages for Incremental Loading and slowly changing dimensions.
- Created logging, custom logging and error handling packages.
- Creating, Modifying SSASMeasures, DimensionsAttribute relationships and Hierarchies.
- Designed SSASCubes, Named Calculations for Dimensions.
- Dimension and Fact table design and cubes for KPI, Defining hierarchies and rollups.
- Identified Dimensions and Facts, Used MDX to extract data from cubes and Created MDX script for representing Cube Calculation.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Created usage based aggregations in cube to minimize time for query retrieval from client tool Targit.
- Implemented cell level security in cubes using MDX expressions to restrict users of one region seeing data of another region using SSAS.
- Created SSRS reports using Report Parameters, Drop-Down Parameters, Multi-Valued Parameters Debugging Parameter Issues Matrix Reports and Charts.
- Created Advanced Reporting Services Programming Using the Reporting Services Web Service.
- Created Ad-Hoc Reporting with Report Builder and Programming Reporting Services.
- Created Development and Production support documents.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, Visual Studio DB2, AS400, Microsoft Visual Basic, VBScript, XML, Microsoft Visio, Windows R2.
MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSAS Developer
- Created SQL server Analysis Projects using MS SQL Server.
- Created the Cubes and Dimensions.
- Defined relationships between Measure groups and Dimensions.
- Defined granularity with in a measure group and drill through actions.
- Implemented the calculations to aggregate physical measures.
- Used SSASMDX to extract data from cubes and Created MDX script for representing Cube Calculations.
- Created calculated fields with MDX code to meet additional measures needs that are calculated from existing measures.
- Implemented member properties, virtual dimension, dimension custom rollups, write back, action and drill through.
- Created partitions (employed storage modes and usage based optimization), calculated members, KPI's and perspectives to enhance the cube's utilization. Also used MDX to query them.
- Upgraded Analysis Service 2000 to SSAS.
- Identified and Defined Key Performance Indicators in SSAS.
- Maintained Security Role and Database Users.
- Developed SSIS project for transferring the data.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source (Oracle), Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAPdatabases.
- Migrated DTS 2000 packages to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and modified the packages accordingly using the advanced features of SQL Server Integration Service.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLsetc) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Developed new mappings using SSISLook Up/Aggregation transformations to match the needs of the business case.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading DTS to SSIS.
- Expert in calculating measures and dimension members using multi dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Conceptualized and Designed Logical and Physical Data Models using ERWIN.
- Analyzed the project database requirements from the user.
- Defined aggregations required and granularity available and required in DW.
- Created various Tables and Views.
- Wrote complex Stored Procedure, Queries, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, User-defined functions and Cursors for application.
- Transformed the complex business logic and calculations into coding.
Environment: MS SQL Server Enterprise Edition, MS Analysis Services, Analysis Services, MS Access, SSIS, Erwin 4.1, Windows XP Professional
Roles and Responsibilities
- Designed Applications that collect client Transaction volumes for WSS custody and Sub-custody products, applies unit costs and produces a monthly export to the T&SS costing system.
- Created Volume Automation to enable import and maintain unit costs and other reference data, as well as providing summarized MIS reports for administrative/integrity purposes
- Responsible for creating Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Rules.
- Created functions and developed procedures to implement application functionality at the database side for performance improvement.
- Created and Modified T-SQL stored procedures/triggers to validate integrity of the data.
- Created DTS and SSIS packages.
- Created packages and scheduled them in SQL Agent jobs to get data from OLTP.
- CreatedSSISpackage to get data from different sources, consolidate and merge into one single source.
- Created ETL package for data conversion using various transformations tasks.
- Created Cubes from which data can be retrieved rapidly by enterprise information consumers.
- Created dash board to show the business performance.
- Created partitions and designedaggregations in Cubes.
- Created perspectives in SSAS and configured security levels for the Cubes.
- Designed KPI’s in SSAS and imported them to Excel.
- Created custom reports which had cascaded parameters using SSRS/SQL Server BI studio.
- Created Ad hoc reports using SSRS.
- Created reports that call Sub reports in SSRS.
- Created datasets for reports using T-SQL and stored procedures
- Responsible for maintaining cubes using SSAS and populate the cubes with the data.
- Responsible for Query optimization and Performance tuning.
Environment: SQL Server Enterprise Edition 2005,.NET Framework, XML, T-SQL, SSIS,SSRS, SSAS,VisualStudio.NET IDE, Windows Advance Server, Windows Advance Server, ASP, MS Excel, MS Access. Visual Studio.
MS SQL Server Developer
- Experience in Support and management of Database, system,Application and Application development.
- Experience in Implementation of Production environment Hardware requirements and application support.
- Worked extensively on installation, upgrade and configuration of MS SQL Server and MS SQL databases.
- Implementation of Point in time Backup and recovery plans of all databases and maintain documentation. Schedule the Administrative Tasks (like database integrity checks and maintenance plans).
- Extensive exposure to creation of databases, objects, stored procedures, triggers, security, DTS (i.e. Import and Export), BCP, Transact-SQL, and SQL Server Agent and SQL Server profiler.
- Experience in planning and implementing the Replication of MS SQL Server Databases and databases Backup recovery strategy.
- Implemented disaster recovery for SQL Server Production Database as Fail-Over or Standby servers. Used Log Shipping Technique for warm backup solution for MS SQL Server databases.
- Very good experience in the maintaining production servers, monitoring performance issues, trouble shooting and solving production issues.
- Experience on working with BRP (Business recovery plans) and EPP exercises (Emergency prepared plans)
- Creation and maintenance of Users security permissions and Migrating the entire database objects from one server to another server and database to another database.
- Exposure in analysis services .
Environment: Windows Advanced Server, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, ET’L: MS SQL Server DTS, Windows Performance Monitor.