- Over 7+years of strong experience in the IT industry as a MS SQL Server Developer include experience in design, development, implementation and administration of database systems using MS - SQL Server for both OLTP & Data Warehousing Systems applications with various business domains like Financial, pharmaceutical and manufacturing.
- Excellent understanding of Relational Database Systems, Normalization, logical and physical data modeling.
- Excellent T-SQL development skills to write complex queries involving multiple tables, great ability to develop and maintain stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions.
- Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Expert in maintaining Error logging using Exceptional Handling in T-SQL and SSIS.
- Experience in upgrading SQL Server software to new versions and applying service packs and shot fixes and unattended Installation.
- Expertise in creating visualizations and reports using Power BI.
- Expertise on creating multiple kinds of Power BI Reports and Dashboards.
- Good knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Expert Knowledge of Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and creating various types of reports like drill down, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart, and Sub Reports.
- Created Reports with complex formulas and to query the database for business Intelligence.
- Experienced in maintaining Batch Logging, Error Logging with Event Handlers and Configuring Connection Managers using SSIS.
- Expert in data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), creating Dynamic packages for Incremental Loads.
- Worked Extensively on ETL process using SSIS package. Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server by using package configurations.
- Experience in creating packages to transfer data between ORACLE, MS ACCESS and FLAT FILES to SQL SERVER using DTS/SSIS.
- Expert in using tools like Bulk Copy (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SSIS.
- Experience in Data Conversion and Data Migration using SSIS and DTS services across different databases like Oracle, MS access and flat files.
- Experience with logical and physical data modeling, FACT and Dimensional tables and database design using Data Modeling Tools like Erwin, MS access and Microsoft Visio.
- Experience in Designing and Building the Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes and aggregations on MS OLAP/ Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Worked on Power BI and prepared dashboards using Tableau to make it more attractive.
- Developing reports on SSAS & SSRS on SQL Server Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP cube and Architecture.
- Experience in MS SQL Server configuration, performance tuning, client/server connectivity, query optimization, back-up/recovery, running Database Consistency Checks using DBCC.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring, managing, upgrading and migrating, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server.
Reporting Services: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SSAS, SSIS, Crystal Reports 9.0/8.5, OLAP, Erwin, Tableau, Excel, Business Objects, Tableau, MicroStrategy.
ETL Tools: Informatica, Data Services Integrator T SQL, PL/SQL, C#, .Net, VB.Net, ASP.Net, XML, HTML, Java Script
Tools: ANSI SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, iSQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Oracle procedure Builder, Autosys
Development Tools: Microsoft Visio, UML, Erwin, Oracle Enterprise Management (OEM).
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Performance Monitor, Query Analyzer, Query Optimizer, SQL Profiler, Power BI, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Power View, ETL, Bulk Insert and BCP, ODBC, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL CMD.
Scripting Languages: Java Script, UNIX Scripting, Shell scripting, Python, HTML
Operating Systems: Windows 98 / NT / 2000 / XP, UNIX, LINUX
Confidential - Seattle, WA
- Interacted with technical team and business users to perform analysis of business requirements and transformed them into technical requirements for ETL and reporting needs.
- Formulated and documented ETL process design based on business requirements and system specifications with strong ETL design skills, including source to target mappings, transformations, lookups, aggregations and expressions.
- Implemented SSRS solutions, used dashboards and gauges to enhance for the business users.
- Experience in creating parameterized reports and linked reports with thorough knowledge of report serving architecture. (Table, chart and matrix report).
- Deployed and generated SSRS reports using reporting services, report manager and Microsoft share point 2010.
- Implemented Always on servers migrated to SQL 2014 and built new server on 2014.
- Extensively involved in SSAS storage and partitions and aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, data mining models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Migrated data from heterogeneous data sources and legacy system (DB2, Access, Excel) to SQL server.
- Used SSIS jobs for importing data from flat files that brings the data to the application tables.
- Used Index tuning wizard, SQL profiler and SQL query analyzer for performance tuning.
- Prepared layouts by placing the fields to the appropriate place according to the requirement of the final report.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left and right joins in tableau desktop by connecting live/ dynamic and static data sets.
- Working experience in BI Solutions (ETL & Reporting) using SSIS and T-SQL Programming using DDL, DML, DCL commands for various business applications.
- Extensive Experience in RDBMS concepts such as Tables, User Defined Data Types, Indexes, Indexed Views, Functions CTE's, Table Variables and Stored Procedures.
- Effectively used Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems in creating Database Objects like tables, Constraints and Indexes.
- Extensive experience in using SQL Server Profiler to monitor the SQL server for deadlocks, long running queries and fine tune the same to improve performance.
- Experienced in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems.
- Expertise SQL Optimizing by using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, and Database Tuning Advisor.
- Well-versed in usage of SSIS Control Flow items (for Loop, execute package/SQL tasks, script task, send mail task) and SSIS Data Flow items (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Fuzzy lookup, Fuzzy Grouping).
- Develop SSIS package for implement Slowly Changing Dimension. Fact Load and Dimension Load. Incremental Load.
- Worked in tableau environment to create dashboards like weekly, monthly, daily reports using tableau desktop and publish them to server.
Environment: SQL Server 2016, SQL server Management Studio, MS Excel, T-SQL, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL server Agent, SQL profiler, Tabular modelling, Cubes
SSIS/SQL BI Developer
Confidential - VA
- Responsible for gathering requirements for the new projects and creating the data flow model of the Business requirement with MS Visio 2013.
- Involved in integrating different Database Applications using SSIS packages.
- Creating SSIS packages that involves migration from legacy systems to centralized Database.
- Designed and tested packages to extract, transform and load data (ETL) using SSIS, Designed packages which are utilized for tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Mapping the right and required data from source to destination, Data Flow Task, Data Conversion, Foreach Loop Container.
- Expert in using the work flow canvas for multiple transformations of data and the use of different features like variables, package configurations, event handlers, error logging and check points to facilitate various complex ETL logics and specifications.
- Validate data before performing ETL transformations and load into SQL server database.
- Intensively worked on transformations like Derived column, Import column, Export column, Row count, Union all, Copy column, Lookup, Data Conversion with SSIS 2012.
- Used task factory components and transformation like Upsert destination, Update batch transformation, Null Handler Transformation, Surrogate Key Transformation, Advanced Email and SMS Task in SSIS packages.
- Worked with Web Service task where some of the binary files will be converted into XML element to place in Message Broker queue.
- Implemented transformation mapping through BizTalk server with the help of Visual Studio to achieve data transformation from one type to another.
- Worked on Deployment of packages into Production servers and managed scheduled SQL jobs.
- Created stored procedures, Cursors, Joins in T-SQL.
- Manually documented each process and the flow of the package.
- Created Drill-down and Drill- through reports, also scheduled and managed weekly/monthly inspection and violation reports based on the business requirements.
- Implemented Distributed Transaction Control for the SSIS packages and event handlers to keep track of error logs. Also, to trigger emails about the failure using Email task.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the inspection data.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Microsoft Excel, SSIS/SSRS 2014/2012/2008, Microsoft Office, MS VISO 2013, Profiler, Visual Source Safe, BIDS, Visual Studio, MS BizTalk Server.
MS SQL Developer/BI Developer (SSMS/SSIS/SSRS)
Confidential -Wayne, NJ
- Worked closely with managers and end-users to create and evaluate business requirements to implement delivery of effective business intelligence and reporting solutions.
- Determined operational objectives by studying business rules, gathering information, evaluating output, and clarifying requirements and formats.
- Used T-SQL in SQL Server 2012 to develop Stored Procedures, Triggers, Clustered & Non-clustered Indexes, Views, Indexed Views, and User-Defined Functions (UDFs).
- Improved the performance on existing stored procedures and queries by analyzing execution plans, logs, and using SQL Server Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Developed and Deployed SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) ETL Packages and other back-end processes to maintain the system integration and ETL processes to facilitate the creation and population of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Created advanced KPI's for cubes in SSAS.
- Involved in analyzing, designing, as well as building OLAP cubes using SSAS, added calculations using MDX. Assisted in design and data modeling efforts of Data Marts and Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Used SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Tableau to design and develop solutions to create business reports and dashboards including sub-reports, snapshot reports, parameterized reports, drill-down reports, and drill through reports per the business requirements.
- Developed C# codes in SSIS to move files, move data sets.
- Created technical and functional documentation for SQL Server development and SSIS package development/deployment.
- Reviewed documentation with developers, clarified any questions or issues, and presented to the managers for approval and implementation.
- Created and deployed cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS). Integrated data coming from multiple sources into Power Pivot and created calculated fields using DAX formulas.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), MS BI Suite (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Report Builder, Windows Server 2012 R2, SharePoint 2013, Visual Studio 2010, MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) 2013/2016, Tableau 10
- Worked extensively on installation, upgrade and configuration of MS SQL Server 2005/2008 databases servers.
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Worked with business/functional analysts to determine reports and analytical requirements.
- Created Reports with latest features provided by SSRS like dynamic navigation, hyperlinks, different set of graphs in tabular format etc.
- Documented Report Models and Report Templates for other Team Members.
- Created Prototypes of some complex reports and validated from the production.
- Developed Use Case Documents and Technical Documentation for some reports to Hand-off to the Offshore Development Team.
- Categorized reports into batch reports and on demand reports and scheduled it according to that.
- Configured and maintained Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, Summary Reports, and Parameterized Reports in SSRS.
- Generated ad-hoc reports using MS Reporting services and Crystal reports.
- Hands on experience with working on Microsoft dynamics and created reports based on the customer requirements.
- Worked in Agile environment.
- Developed complex queries, stored procedures, views, and constraints, triggers using inner and outer joins, unions, and SQL Statements for various applications in different environments.
- Worked on Database space management, performance monitoring and alert management.
- Worked with business analysts and testers to manage the data as a part of data modeling.
- Worked on SSIS script task, look up transformations and data flow tasks using T- SQL.
- Experienced in loading data from the legacy systems into MS SQL server 2005 using SSIS packages.
- Worked on Team Foundation Server (TFS) to maintain the web application portal for reporting services.
- Created user variables, property expressions, script task in SSIS.
- Implementing various SSIS packages having different tasks and transformations and scheduled SSIS packages.
- Business Objects: Responsible for Coordinating with Application Developers in the integration and utilization of Crystal Tools in the development of applications.
- Modify report content and export reports in multiple formats based on user input in Crystal.
- Hands on experience with Business Objects life cycle implementations.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2000, Business Intelligence Tool 2005, Visual Studio 2003, DTS/SSIS, T-SQL, Unix, Shell scripts, Oracle 10g.
SQL Server Developer
- Created database objects like tables, views, indexes, stored-procedures, triggers, and user defined functions.
- Written stored procedures and SQL scripts in SQL server implement business rules for various clients.
- Written T-SQL queries for the retrieval of the data.
- Designed T-SQL scripts to identify long running queries and blocking sessions.
- Writing and debugging T-SQL, stored procedures, views and user defined functions.
- Data migration (import & export - BCP) from text to SQL Server. Developed administrative tasks of SQL server of performing daily backups and recovery procedures.
- Error handling using Try-Catch Block. Normalization and De-Normalization of tables.
- Developed backup and restore scripts for SQL Server 2005.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2005 with latest service packs.
- Customized the stored procedures and database triggers to meet the changing business rules.
- Implemented indexes for performance tuning.
- Worked with the developing team in the writing functions in Visual Basic 6.0 for upload download functionality, data transfer and migration.
- Prepared daily and weekly status reports and collaborated with other team members.
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, constraints, indexes, functions, procedures, triggers and maintained referential integrity.
- Involved in gathering business requirement after interacting with Manager and development team to build up a solution to implement in SQL Server 2005.
- Analyzed the existing data and performed the migration steps to SQL Server 2005.
- Performance testing on Store procedures, Indexes.
- Responsible for scheduling the subscription reports with the subscription report wizard.
- Developed complex stored procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, indexes, constraints, views and other SQL joins for applications.
- Maintained the table performance by following the tuning tips like normalization, creating indexes and collect statistics.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000, XML, MS Excel, MS Access, Business Objects 5.x/6.x, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Developer edition.