- SQL Developer with 4 years of experience in SQL Database Developer, MSBI experience in analysis, design, development and implementation of application.
- Excellent understanding of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Expertise in Business Intelligence in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with good knowledge on SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Good knowledge in RDBMS concepts, Data warehousing concepts, OLTP & OLAP.
- Experienced in creating complex SSIS and DTS packages for ETL purposes.
- Implemented complicated transformations to be used in SSIS packages.
- Experience in developing, monitoring, extracting and transforming data using DTS/SSIS, Import Export Wizard, and Bulk Insert.
- Proficient in Developing various complex DTS/ETL packages and SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources like Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data, SQL server 2005/2008/2012 by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS.
- Developed ETL process using SSIS with various data flow, control flow and stored procedures for work order validation process.
- Expertise in For Loop, for each Loop and Sequence Containers and other common transformations like Audit, Cache, Fuzzy Grouping, Fuzzy lookup, Pivot and Un - Pivot.
- Expert in handling parameterized reports and Cascade Parameterized Reports in SSRS.
- Designing and Deployment of Reports for the End-User requests using Report Models & SSRS
- Experience in developing Dashboard, Ad-hoc and Parameterized Reports, Drill down Reports, Drill Through, Maps, Chats using SSRS. Generated multiple Enterprise reports using SSRS from SQL Server Database (OLTP) and included various reporting features such as group by, Sub-Reports and navigation of reports etc.
- Managed Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of Scheduled Jobs in SSRS.
- Experience in working with SSAS in creating cubes, data source views, named queries, dimensions and deploying of analysis services projects.
- Experienced in using T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, User Defined Functions, views, indexes, user profiles, Relational Database models, Data integrity, query writing and SQL joins.
- Have Good communication and Interpersonal skills, hardworking, dedication at work and result oriented as an individual and in a team.
DBMS & RDBMS: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, ORACLE, Ms-Access, MySQL, DB2
C, T: SQL, C#, VB.NET, SQL, HTML,XML
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/2012 R2 Advanced Server, NT & Windows 9x, Linux, Unix
SQL Server Tools: Business Intelligence Development Studios(BIDS), SQL Query Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, Database Tuning Wizard
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS)
OLAP Tools: SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS), MS Excel
Other Tools: Visual Studios, MS office, Visio Word, Outlook
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL BI Developer
- Gathered requirements from the business users, created technical specification documents.
- Designed and reviewed the new report standards in order to ensure optimized performance under the new reporting service SSRS 2005/2008.
- Planned, designed and documented the optimum usage of space requirements and distribution of space for the Data Warehouse.
- Installed MS SQL Server 2008 and Management tools using MS SQL Server Setup Program. Designed and developed packages for a data warehousing and Data Migrations projects using Integration services. (SSIS) on MS SQL Server 2005/2008 R2.
- Extracted the data from Oracle, Flat Files, Transformed (Implemented required Business Logic) and Loaded into the target Data warehouse using SSIS (SQL Server 2005).
- Created OLAP cubes on top of the data warehouse basing various fact and dimension tables for analysis purposes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2005/2008 R2.
- Involved in setting up and implementation of the 2005/2008 reporting server.
- Created complex reports using SSRS 2005/2008 R2 from the OLAP cubes for end user analysis.
- Migrated reports from MS SQL Server Reporting Services R2.
- Created/modified a variety of parameterized, drill down, click through, chart, matrix, sub reports using SSRS 2005/2008 R2 using data from a variety of sources.
- Wrote T-SQL queries, Store Procedures and used them to build packages.
- Scheduled the reports on capacity levels of different servers to run on daily/weekly/monthly basis and email the results to the business users in the required format.
- Scheduled tasks to run every day to update changes in the base tables.
- Added/modified Users, Groups, folders and rights.
- Designed and implemented Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
- Managed all indexing, debugging, optimization and performance tuning using T-SQL.
- Created/modified SQL Joins, sub-queries, and other T-SQL and PL/SQL code to implement business rules.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and SQL server 2008R2, SQL Server Integration Services tools (SSMS, BIDS and SQL Server Manager), SSRS, Business Objects, Windows Server, MS Visio, Oracle 9i, MS Excel.
- Participated in requirement gathering, cube design, application design and SSAS development.
- Constructed cubes based on data volumes mostly adhering to Star Schema.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measure groups and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP Reporting needs.
- Implemented SQL Server OLAP services (SSAS) for building the data cubes.
- Creating complex cubes for seeing business data from different perspectives by slicing and dicing the data.
- Involved in building dimensional cubes with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and querying the data with MDX script.
- Defined MDX scripts for querying the data from OLAP cubes (SSAS) and build reports on top of cubes.
- Developed MDX Scripts to create datasets to perform reporting and included interactive drill down reports, report models and dashboard reports.
- Designed and implemented fact, dimensions and SSAS cubes using dimensional data modelling standards in SQL server 2012/ Business intelligence development studio.
- Expert in calculating measures and dimension members using multi-dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Created and designed SSAS cube and promoted to production using XMLA scripts.
- Designed and implemented parameterized, drill-through, drill-down, and tabular reports on SSRS using SSAS cube for performance point.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases.
- Created and scheduled SSIS package to nightly process the SSAS cube based on oracle data mart tables updates.
- Worked on development/staging/production environments and used Team foundation server/visual source safe for version controls and communication’s well as defining Actions, translations and perspectives.
- Implemented/Developed multi parameterized reports in Report Builder and SSRS using SSAS cube allowing users to make selections before executing the reports and making it more users friendly.
- Worked with SQL profiler to improve and enhance the MDX query execution time as a part of performance tuning process.
- Wrote several complex stored procedures for efficient handling of the application.
- Transferred data from various OLTP data sources, such as Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, Flat Files, CSV files into SQL Server 2012.
- Involved in the designing, development, modification and enhancing the database structures and database objects.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, MS Visio, performance point services, Power Pivot, Report Builder, Excel, and Windows.