- 6+ years of experience as a Developer, focusing on Unix - Shell Script, Oracle, Data stage, Netezza, Java,Phython
- 5+ years of experience in Data warehousing solutions - database management, data mapping, data loading and data Mart
- 6+ years of experience in Retail domain, Loyalty solution, eCommerce and market research, handling large of volume of data and providing business solutions to major retailers and manufacturers
- Good Knowledge in Oracle 10G/11G, Netezza, NZPLSQL,Unix Shell Scripting, DataStage, JAVA.
- Involved in full life cycle of development, implementation, administration and support of large scale data warehouse building process
- Experienced in Scrum based agile and Waterfall methodology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experienced in presenting IT business presentations showcasing application features to new clients.
- Experienced in designing and deploying processes across groups and work with Quality Assurance and customer support.
- Responsible, innovative, passionate and committed professional with get-it done approach. Development experience in Unix Shell Scripting, PL SQL, Netezza SQLs, Datastage, Java and python.
Language: Java, Unix shell scripting, python
Database skills: Oracle, Netezza, PLSQL, NZSQL
ETL Tools: Data Stage
Domain: Retail Domain, Market research
Special Software: Win SCP, SQL Developer, Aginity, DB visualizer, putty, Maven, Git, Source Tree, Eclipse
Deployment Tool: Bamboo
- Involved in Dimensional modeling (Star /Snowflake Schema) of the Data warehouse and to design the business process, dimensions and measured facts. Analyze and identify bottlenecks/issues for Netezza queries and provide performance suggestions to fine-tune them for optimal performance. Proficient in interaction with the business users by conducting meetings with the clients in Requirements Analysis phase. Designed and customized data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources on real time with Datastage. Plan the implementation of design with task breakdown and assign the same to suitable developers. Assign work and provide technical oversight to onshore and offshore developers. Conduct daily calls with offshore to provide proper handover. Monitor the planning and implementation of datastage upgrade of multiple components from 8.x to 11.x version. Participate actively in Agile ceremonies and ensure team compliance on the same. Conduct code walk through with team members to review the implementation to requirements mapping.
Senior ETL developer
- Involved in the analysis of the user requirements and identifying the sources. Created technical specification documents based on the requirements and preparation of High level/low level design documents. Worked on various kinds of stages like file stages, database stages and processing stages including Modify, Lookup, Filter, Join and complex Transformer stages and also in Sequence Jobs . Involved in monitoring the workflows and in optimizing the load times to improve Netezza Performance Trouble shooting of long running netezza queries and fixing the issues using minimal efforts. Involved in meetings with production team for issues related to Deployment, maintenance, future enhancements and backups.
- Understanding the Business requirements based on Functional specification, to design the ETL methodology in technical specifications.
- Documentation and estimation for components to be developed.
- Developing Unix Scripts and Pl/SQL procedures according to IQMS coding standards.
- Experience in integration of heterogeneous data sources like Oracle, Netezza and Flat Files (Fixed & delimited) into Staging Area.
- Implemented appropriate ETL mappings to extract and transform data from various sources to meet requirements.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and Triggers, Complex SQL queries using Oracle PL/SQL
- Maintained the environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with dimensional tables derived from multiple input sources.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to orchestrate Datastage ETL jobs to automate sessions
- Adherence to Configuration management by coding, compiling and saving the source code as well as programs in SVN.
- Created detailed Unit Test Document with all possible Test cases/Scripts.
- Conducted code reviews with peers before moving the code into QA
- Understanding the clients requirement and preparing the test cases.
- Doing the White box, System, Regression testing.
- Working on the automation of the testing.
- Worked on Excel macros to automate the most of the work.