- Result oriented SQL Server/BI Developer with over 7+ years of extensive work experience in the world of IT. Most of the experience in designing & coding of database, and applications of MS SQL Server/Oracle. Work experience in the area of SQL Development, integration Development using Microsoft tools like SSIS, SSRS, SSAS & POWER BI in developing various Industry verticals like insurance, Retailers, Banking and Finance sectors.
- Strong T - SQL experience in creating different database objects Tables, Stored Procedures, DDL/DML Triggers, Functions and User defined data types. Skilled in writing and reviewing T-SQL code and maintaining coding standards.
- Experience in designing reviewing, implementing and optimizing data transformation process in the Hadoop and Informatics ecosystems. Able to consolidate, validate and cleanse data from a vast range of sources- from applications and databases to files and web services.
- Expertise in database design, development for OLTP (BATCH & ONLINE PROCESSING)
- Experienced in all most all the versions of MS SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS. Oracle 11g/ 10g/ 9i/ 8i, Teradata, V2RS, and MS ACCESS 2003, 2000.
- OLAP, ODS, ETL, MDX, DAX, M-QUREY, data warehousing and data modelling.
- Possess solid understanding of logical and physical data Modelling techniques for both rational and dimensional models.
- Strong experience with ETL tool in Mapping, Transformations, Expressions lookups & Aggregations. Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, Sql Mail Agent, and scheduling SSIS packages.
- Experience in using FTP and SFTP servers to upload and retrieve files for ETL process.
- Extensive experience in data migration between homogenous and heterogeneous systems using various tools (DTS Import and Export Data, DTS Packages, Bulk insert and BCP, SSIS).
- Experience in configure and maintain report manager & report server for SSRS. Deployed and Scheduled reports in Report manager, ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using report builder.
- Skilled in creating Visualizations in tools like Tableau, Macros in Excel, Power Bi, SSRS.
- Experience in writing parameterized queries for generating stylish tabular reports Drill down, Drill Trough, Cascading, click through , matrix chart, snap shot reports Formatting report layout, sub reports, using Global Variables, Expressions, functions, sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS.
- Developed OLAP Cubes by using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and defined data sources, data sources views, dimensions, measures, hierarchies, attributes, calculations, multidimensional expressions (MDX), Perspectives and Roles.
- Utilized Power Query ‘M’ language to Pivot & Un-pivot, Merge/ Append, Group by techniques for data preparation, cleansing and Manipulation. Strong experience in writing DAX Formulae in Calculated Columns and Measures and experienced in Optimizing techniques to increase performance and decrease loading time of Dashboards.
- Excellent Data Modelling and Data Manipulation skills.
- Gained experience in handling BI DW projects in Microsoft Power BI, Informatica Power center, SQL, OBIEE 11g in performing requirements gathering, implementation & optimization of business processes.
- Involved in Troubleshooting, resolving critical Data related issues and validated them for improvement of Data Quality.
- Strong experience in successfully implementing abrupt changes/updates in Business logics which are critical to Client Reporting.
- Developed Knowledge Transfer documentation like Report Design requirement, Column Mapping and User Manuals to assist end users.
- Provided training and guidance to Fresher’s and junior’s in trending technologies.
- Executed several Emergency change requests, by following up with multiple teams, which was critical for Business, implemented in Production with in stipulated timelines.
Language and Software: MS SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS. Oracle 11g/ 10g/ 9i/ 8i, Teradata, V2RS, and MS ACCESS 2003, 2000. SQL(T-Sql, Pl-Sql), Share point 2010/2013, OBIEE, COGNOS, DTS, Informatica, Crystal Reports, Visual Basics, Erwin, MS Visual Studio 2008, WCF, REPORT MANAGER, DB2, SQL, C/C++,MS Excel, Tableau, Power BI.
Hardware and Operating Environments: Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7M, Windows 10, IBM 20XX, MAC OS, Linux (Mint, Ubuntu).
SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, POWER BI DEVELOPER
- As a Part of BI/Database team, involved in Requirement Gathering Technical Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of BI Analytics and Reports.
- Principle responsibility is to solve complex business problems by designing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring multidimensional cubes and Developed WeB forms in ASP.net and C#.
- Experience in building SSIS packages (.dtsf) involving ETL process, extracting data from various Flat Files, Excel Files, and Legacy systems and loading it into SQL Server.
- Hands on Experience working with SSIS, for ETL process ensuring proper implementation of event Handlers, Loggings, Checkpoints, Transactions and Package configuration.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse.
- Designed ETL Packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, XMLs etc.,) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). Writing SSIS Packages to load data into Facts and confirmed dim tables to build cubes.
- Designed MOLAP Cubes making use of Star and Snowflake Schemas. Used Calculated Member Builder to create custom measures and customised a third party tool that was used for developing the application and writing MDX queries.
- Writing DAX Queries to generate Excel and Drill to detail reports. Also created power pivot reporting from analysis services tabular model and working with Tableaus, Spotfire, Qilkview, Logic XML tools for reporting.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex stored procedures, SSIS Packages, Triggers, Cursors, Tables, and Views and other SQL Joins and statements for applications. Generating Reports using Global Variables, Expressions, and Functions for the Reports and configured Reporting Services in SQL Server 2008.
- Involved in implementing key performance indicator (KPI) Objects in SSAS 2008and created calculate member MOLAP cube using MDX in SSAS 2008.
- Designed and build the dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL SSAS for analysing purpose.
- Worked with QA team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems, and components
- Performed complete impact analysis on system software due to suggested modifications/ enhancements and prepared detailed documents identifying program and database design changes required for successful implementation of change module.
- Developed Dashboards with keeping in mind end user’s compatibility/usage.
- Distributing tasks with my team mate and Knowledge transfer of optimised approach of implementation.
- Successfully enacted complex Billable/Non-Billable Business Logic in Power BI Timesheet Report in very brief time span.
- Executed workarounds for requirements when they were not possible to implement due to Power BI Tool limitations.
- Developed over 25 Reports/Dashboards in 3 phases.
- Provided training on Architecture & Basics of Power BI (Report development) to stake-holders.
- Documented and provided detailed level training on Manual Refresh of Datasets in Power BI (in case of Failed Scheduled Refresh through Gateway)
- Followed up with Microsoft Product team on schedule refresh issue for OData (having Organization Authentication) through Power BI Gateway, as it is not an option in Enterprise gateway.
Environment: MS Sql Server 2008r2 and 2012 MS Excel, Power pivot, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Performance point, Dashboard Designer, MS SharePoint Designer 2010, TSQL, SQL, Windows.
Role and Responsibility:
- Implementation and delivery of MSBI platform solutions to develop and deploy ETL, analytical reporting and scorecard/ dashboards on SQL Server 2012/2008 R2 using SSAS, SSIS/DTS, SSRS.
- Working with various business groups while developing their applications, assisting in Database Design, Creating E-R Diagrams using visio and designing Local and Physical Data Model with Erwin r4.
- Based on business requirement, developed complex SQL queries with Joins and T-SQL, Stored Procedure, Views, Trigger to implementing the business rules and transformations.
- Involved in creating the custom objects, workflows, Visual Flow, Page layouts, Emails, alerts, Templates and data validations, triggers and test classes.
- Created complex SSIS packages using Scripts Task, for each loop, Derived Columns, Fuzzy Lookup, Condition Split, Sort, Union All, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task and File System Task.
- Involved in extracting the data using SSIS from OLTP and OLAP.
- Extracted data from various sources like DB2, Oracle, Flat Files, and XML Files and loaded in to Fact and Dimension tables of data warehouse.
- Worked on the Audit Logs that capture the audit details before and after the package execution using Variables and Parameters.
- Deploying and scheduling reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly reports including current status.
- Involved in generating Matrix reports, Sub reports and complex reports with multi value parameters for the analysis of performance.
- Created Drill reports which give all the details of various transactions like closed transactions, pending approvals and summary of transactions and scheduled this report to run on quarterly basis using SSRS (Sequel Server Reporting Services).
- Took part in creating Star Schema, Snowflake dimensional schema in MS analysis services (SSAS).
- Provided ongoing Qilkview implementation and support. Outlined new features of Qilkview for clients.
- Extensively involved in SSAS storage and partitions, aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, Tabular developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Supported in creating KPI, Calculation Members and Measure groups and MDX queries.
- Worked with preparing the documentations for analysis, Technical Specification Documents, Functional Specification Documents, Mapping documents etc., for various migrations and upgradation process.
Environment: T-SQL, PL/SQL, MS Sql Server 2012/2008R2, SSAS 2012/2008, SSAS 2012/2008, SSIS 2012/2008, Power Pivot, Erwin r4, Oracle 9i, DB2, Visual Source Safe(VSS), Tableau, Windows XP, VBscript.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables. Written stored procedure to populate final database tables from staging tables and clean inaccurate data. Written T-SQL stored procedures and queries for accessing Data from Teradata Database.
- Prepared the complete data mapping for all the migrated jobs using SSIS. Responsible for creating and designing SSIS 2012 packages. Designed SSIS packages to load data from CSV files to the staging area in SQL Server.
- Wrote DDL, DML script for Schema, Table space and Cluster creation and alteration.
- Worked with the program Architect and Technical Architect in design sessions to develop high-level solutions architecture for SQL Server Reporting services
- Scheduled packages using SQL Server Agent jobs to execute at specified time on weekly and monthly basis. Participated in designing Logical and Physical data models for data mart.
- Use package configuration to migrate SSIS package from one environment to other.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports using SSRS 2012.
- Experience in writing client-side as well as server side Multi-dimensional Expressions (MDX) for incorporating data querying capability for inventory and forecast cubes.
- Experienced in capturing metrics/storage behaviours of cube metadata such as partition growth statistics and aggregation limitations.
- Performed routine functions in Informatica like loading data from a flat source file into a target and apply transformations for the data according to the requirements.
- Created Ad-Hoc reports using Report Builder and maintained Report Manager for SSRS.
- Generated different types of reports (Tabular /Matrix) using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Technical Documentation for reports and maintenance/enhancements of existing Reports.
- Actively participated in User Acceptance Testing and debugging of the system.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 20012, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, T-SQL, MS Excel, MS Sql Server Management Studio, Informatica, Visual Studio 2005, Windows Enterprise Server.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handled BI DW projects in Informatica Power Centre, SQL, OBIEE in performing requirements gathering solution design, implementation and optimization of business process.
- Contributed in developing Repository Model (RPD) for DWH and deploying in OBIEE 11g.
- Worked on developing and modifying Informatica mappings (ETL) from source to staging and staging to target.
- Developed OBIEE reports for critical ATM SLA reports.
- Suggested new techniques which saved resources and appreciated by clients when new SLA Agreement got into effect in the Support Project.
- Implemented object level security, hierarchies in OBIEE 11g.
- Processed the Data Source file through Unix Shell Scripting
- Worked on interface process which download the file from client FTP and process the applications in production database on the requirement.
- Translated business logic to transformation logic to generate pseudo code for the ETL process.
- Created packages using SSIS 2012 for Data Extraction from flat files, Excel files, OLEDB to SQL Server using ETL tools.
- Involved in Data Migration, Data Cleansing and writing the retro to fix the existing effected data.
- Worked on ETL using SSIS import/export wizard.
- Tested packages and fixed bugs using SQL 2005 Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Fine-tuned SQL queries using hints for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Developed ETL packages using SQL Server 2005 integration services to populate data from different sources like from flat files/SQL/Oracle Server to the staging database and then into the data warehouse. The packages created included a variety of transformation like slowly changing dimensions, look up, aggregate, derived column, conditional split, fuzzy lookup, and multicast and data conversion.
- Developed reports using SSRS 2005 Crystal Reports and used table control, matrix control for cross tab reports.
- Created database maintenance planner for the performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity Checks, Database Statistics update and Re-Indexing.
- Worked on DTS packages, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from heterogeneous database.
- Created tables, views, index based on the requirements.
- Wrote complex SQL Queries to retrieve information from the database depending on the requirement
- Worked as part of a team for gathering and Analysing Business Requirement.
- Designed using Star Schema using SQL Server Analysis Services 2008/2005 (SSAS)
- Developing OLAP cubes for migrating existing reports onto this new platform.
- Experience in wring complex MDX Queries for calculated members and measure groups.
- Responsible for stylish design layout like Pie Charts, Graphs, Linked Reports.
- Design Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Function for data ware housing.
- Created views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Developed 2012 SSIS packages to perform Data Loads from various types of sources files (Excel, Access, Flat Files).
Environment: Ms SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS 2005/2008/2012, Crystal Reports, Oracle 9i, ETL, DTS, Data Modelling, Data Warehousing, Visual Studio 2014/2012/2008 & 2005, SQL, T-SQL, Ms Excel, XML