A responsible position as a systems professional with a progressive company offering challenge, upward mobility, and educational opportunities.
Systems professional skilled in Oracle, Microsoft Windows servers, as well as telecommunications, hardware installations, software support, system management, customer service, and pre - sales customer presentations, Data Guard, RAC, Confidential, Streams.
Confidential, Eagan, Minnesota
Senior Database Engineer
- Worked in a Design and Engineering role to roll out changes to Confidential ’s flagship product ( Confidential ) following a rigorous change management process.
- This involved working with developers from the various Business Units.
- Worked with architects and developers from new business units to aid in new product development
- Developed migration process for tech refresh projects that cut the setup time from 2 weeks down to 10 minutes.
- Worked with Architects to develop new solutions for the businesses and stand these new products up.
- Staged change tickets for support staff to execute in RAC, Data Guard, Streams, and Confidential environments.
- Create SR’s with Oracle to identify patches and then apply said patches throughout the database stack (pre-production, production).
- Worked on proof of concept projects with development in regards to Confidential projects.
- Acted as a secondary SME for Confidential in the department
Confidential, Bloomington, Minnesota
Tech Support Engineer
- Field installation and support of Linux based Web Content Cache Servers
- Provided technical support for a variety of web based learning software products using Paradox and MS SQL
- Documented product technical issues in defect tracking database
- Provided desktop support to clients in a variety of network environments
Confidential, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Senior Systems Engineer
- Installed and supported software applications along with the associated hardware for ID Cards, Access Control, Alarms, Copiers, Vending machines, Laundry, Printing, Debit/Credit accounts, Point of Sale, and 3rd Party interfaces in the college and university environment based on Oracle, Windows platforms.
- Created custom software using SQL scripts as well as creating Oracle procedures and triggers with the customers to deliver solutions that were tailored for their business practices.
- Instructed electricians on wiring of various hardware devices for Access Control and Alarms.
- Consulted with University IT staffs in implementation of software, hardware, and network equipment on campus wide or State wide networks.
- Installed and supported Unix based servers running Oracle within the hospital environment
- Installed and supported DEC systems in the college campus, library, and prison environment
- Provided pre-sale support to sales force to include product demonstrations and presentations
- Provided written responses to Request for Proposals
- Developed training documents, training programs, and written procedures for a variety of tasks to be performed by other engineers and project managers.
Confidential, Minneapolis, Minnesota and Chicago, Illinois
Senior System Support Rep
- Customer Service Support hardware/software systems requirements for Multiple Listing Services in North America
- Collect system specifications from new clients
- Provided technical support to sales force at meetings and demonstrations with customers
- Software Support Installation of software for Multiple Listing Services to contractual specifications
- Provide written estimates for program changes
- Support billing systems to include interfaces with third party vendors
- Upgrade existing software
- Wrote database conversion routines in Confidential and PL/1
- Installed and supported 2 node VAX cluster which handled over 35,000 users a day
- Evaluated and implemented tools from third party vendors for performance monitoring
- Installed and maintained a five node PDP 11/84 Confidential system spread over three cities
- Capacity planning for future growth on systems for customers
- Project management included tracking problems with an account, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of a product, as well as coordinating with other departments and vendors
- Telecommunications Coordinate installation of telephone lines as well as analog and digital circuits
Confidential, Fort Bragg, North Carolina
- Designed programs with the users to automatically maintain office records
- Converted a 9000 line BASIC program into Confidential for high frequency radios
- Developed Confidential projects to route and track circuits for multi-channel radios