- 5 +years of experience in SQL Server database development and administration, extensively worked in OLTP, OLAP, Client - Server & Enterprise Data Warehouse Environments.
- Hands-on experience in Upgrade/Migration of MS SQL Server 2005 to 2008, 2000 to 2005 using any suitable approach.
- Expertise on Business Intelligence Tools (SSIS, SSRS AND SSAS).
- Strong experience in developing complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Joins and Sub queries with T-SQL.
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and deploying SSIS 2008 packages.
- Expert in performing ETL operations using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Extensive experience in migrating DTS packages to Integration Services Packages.
- Excellent experience in developing Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Crystal Reports.
- Experience in defining Queries for generating drill down and drill through reports in SSRS2008.
- Experience in Designing, Building Dimensions, Cubes with Star schema and Snow-flake schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source view.
- Good knowledge and experience in SQL 2008 new features like Change Data Capture (CDC), Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and Policy based Management.
- Experience in installing, configuring and monitoring MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 installations.
- Strong experience in performance tuning and query optimization using tools like SQL Server Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor and Execution Plan.
- Good knowledge and exposure to Database Mirroring, Replication, Log shipping, backup and restore procedures, disaster recovery and performance tuning.
- Strong knowledge in implementing Transactional, Merge and Snapshot replications.
- Good understanding of high availability SQL Server solutions using active-active and active-passive Clustering modes.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and scheduled DTS Packages.
- Extensive knowledge of Normalization and Database Design Concepts.
- Sound knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) with substantial experience with object oriented analysis and design methodologies.
- Experience in data modeling using Star schema (identification of facts, measures and dimensions) and Snowflake schema for designing a Data Warehouse using tools like Erwin and E-R Studio.
SQL Server Tools: SSMS,BIDS, Enterprise Manager, DTS, Profiler, DTA, Upgrade Advisor
Lite: Speed, Spotlight, SCOM, SQL secure
SSIS: , SSRS, SSAS, Crystal Reports, Business Objects
MS: SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, MS Access 97/2000, Oracle
Programming Languages: SQL,T-SQL,PL/SQL,C,C++,JAVA,C#,VB
Operating System: Windows 95/98,NT,Windows XP/2003/2000
Tools: Erwin, Visual Studio 2008/2005,Visio,Visual Source Safe
Senior SQL Server Developer/Programmer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Created the SSIS templates by implementing the package configurations, auditing, logging, and event handling.
- Design and implement new BI/reporting solutions as per requirements gathered with business stakeholders.
- Created tabular models and reports that retrieve data and aggregates directly from a relational database system, using Direct Query mode.
- Responsible for making weekly backup databases by using SQL Server 2012 and restore these databases in different server.
- Created the custom assemblies using VB.Net for reusability and referenced in SSIS packages.
- Developed the ETL packages for 64 bit server to replace the existing DTS packages.
- Involved in data profiling and data cleansing.
- Responsible for data migration from SQL server bit SQL Server 2005.
- Developed the SSIS packages to extract the data from the databases to transform and load (ETL) the data into data marts.
- Involved in the development of data marts using RUP - based approach.
- Reviewed the SSIS packages developed by other developers.
- Developed PPR dashboard reports using SSRS 2005 and SSRS 2008.
- Developed static and ad-hoc reports on relational and analytical databases.
- Deployed the reports in SharePoint Server.
- Written various T-SQL scripts to check whether data is ready from different sources and to view database tables log that accessed last time.
- Involved in debugging of packages with help of Breakpoints, Checkpoints, Event Handlers and Loggings.
- Deployed SSRS reports to the reporting server in SharePoint Integrated mode and assisted in troubleshooting deployment problems.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Created several reports using SSRS like drill through reports, linked and sub reports.
- Involved in database refactoring and application support for moving the database from SQL server bit SQL Server 2005.
- Supported the relational databases, analytical databases, SSIS packages, DTS Packages, and applications.
- Hands on experience in reporting tools like Tableau, Crystal reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008,2012&2014, Windows Server 2008, .NET 2.0, DTS, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDX, OLAP, PPS, MS SharePoint, C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, ERwin 4.0, ETL, Erwin, MS Access, XML, Excel, Visual Studio 2008, Experian Pandora.
Senior SQL BI Developer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involved in development and implementation of SSIS and SSRS application solutions for various business units across the organization.
- Formulated and documented ETL process design based on business requirements and system specifications including source to target mappings, data dictionaries and transformations.
- Directly responsible for the Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse.
- Created highly complex SSIS packages using various Data transformations like conditional splitting, Lookup, For Each Loop, Script Components, error handling.
- Created various complex reports and manage those using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2008/2005).
- Involved in migration and Conversion of Reports from legacy systems to new systems.
- Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List & Chart reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment.
- Created SSRS Report Model Projects in BI studio and created, modified and managed various report models with multiple model objects, source fields and expressions.
- Highly involved in creating, structuring, formatting using Report Designer and Report Builder.
- Wrote and integrated stored procedures to generate the special reports according to client’s need.
Environment: T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Crystal reports, Tableau, Power BI, MS Access, MS SharePoint
SQL Server Developer
- Actively participated in gathering of User Requirement and System Specification.
- Created new database logical and physical design to fit new business requirements, and implemented new design into SQL Server 2000.
- Succeeded migrating old data from legacy system into SQL Server 2000 using DTS and Backup and Restore option.
- Filtered bad data from legacy system using complex T-SQL statements, and implemented various constraint and triggers for data consistency.
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensured database optimization by using Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer (execution Plan).
- Created Users and Roles, and managed security and permission of database.
- Created stored procedures for Automatic Scripting to backup transaction logs, log files, maintain archive of objects.
- Actively participated in User Acceptance Testing, and debugging of the system.
Environment: SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition, .NET, VB, Crystal Reports