- Five years of Database Administration and Support of MS SQL Server 2016/2014/ 2012/2008 R2 in Production, Test, Development Environments.
- Experience with RDBMS database design, performance tuning, optimization, backup, and recovery.
- Experience in Database Security (creating logins, users, roles, and assigning permission to them).
- Experience in Performance Tuning & Index Tuning, Disaster Recovery Planning, Security Management, a Managing server, and clients.
- Expertise in T - SQL writing stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
- Administer SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Experience in Bulk Loads with SSIS and BULK INSERT ETL operations.
- Experience in finding out long running queries and optimizing the query
- Proficiency and expertise in SQL Server Replication, Log Shipping, and Database Mirroring.
- Handled multiple SQL Instances on Cluster environment for Server Consolidation projects built on SAN using RAID levels.
- Troubleshoot performance problems, fine-tuning of databases and index Analysis.
- Worked on SQL Server migration from SQL Server 2008 R2 to 2016.
- Implemented Always-ON (AAG) on SQL Server 2016
- Maintained individual service accounts for SQL Server services on a cluster with different Security groups to raise security mark.
Confidential - VA
SQL Server DBA
- Implement Always-On Availability Groups (AAG) and HA/DR Setup and Configuration.
- 24x7 Production support and monitoring to ensure a proactive problem recognition and resolution of database issues.
- Installed new SQL instances, applied latest service packs side-by-side upgrades based on the build requests.
- Maintained the table performance by normalization, creating indexes and collected statistics by using query optimization, query execution plans, SQL Server Profiler and Database engine tuning Advisor.
- Created and managed tablespaces, data files, resizing and adding new data files.
- Perform Index Data Management to determine Defragmentation level whether to reorganize indexes or Rebuild Indexes.
- Performed Periodic Production and Non-Production code deployments as needed
- Troubleshooting issues in Production, Development, QA, and Testing Environments
- Executed routine and everyday operational and monitoring activities to ensure the database environment is stable and capable of meeting ongoing business needs.
- Performed data loading Procedures using SSIS packages
Confidential - VA
- Rebuilding the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Worked extensively in Query analyzer and profiler for tuning queries using a variable for characteristics and query costs.
- Monitor and modify Performance using execution plans and Index tuning.
- Involved in troubleshooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive Backup plan and disaster recovery strategies.
- Refresh Database from production to Development and Test environments.
- Configure Table Partitions to improve I/O access and performance.
- Compress Data and Shrink database as necessary to improve the performance.
- Write Transact-SQL scripts to perform a wide range of tasks, including monitoring and maintaining function.
- Implement Extract/Transform/ Load (ETL) operations in SQL Server by using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and configured the different level of security in SSIS.
- Schedule jobs to automate different tasks such as monitoring database health, disk space, job alerts, index monitoring, stats monitoring.
- Work independently and in a team environment. Also, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet aggressive deadlines;
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer trouble calls reported by individual users and individual program offices.
SQL Server DBA
- Document the standard procedures on a regular basis.
- Used extended events, DMV, Wait for status for performance tuning.
- Conducted various meetings with teams to meet corporate milestones for database merging and data movement.
- Create TSQL database objects including tables, views, functions, stored procedures and indexes for different business rules and logic
- Strong working experience in SQL native database Backup and restore as well as a third party tool
- Administer SQL Server database systems.
- Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
- Oversee the scheduling of database projects, database and transaction log backups, notifications.
- Configured and maintain Database High Availability.
- Configured and maintain database replication between multiple SQL Servers and remote sites.
- Review technical design, report, documentation, and other materials produced by a team member.