- 8 years of IT experience in analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and support on Data warehousing projects.
- 5 years of experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence technologies along with strong experience of data visualization using Tableau.
- 3+ year of experience with SQL Tables, Queries, Views, Store Procedures and Triggers.
- Experience includes technical support, troubleshooting, report design and monitoring of system usage.
- In - depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Hand on experience on Tableau 7.x/8.x/9.x /10.x as a Developer and Analyst.
- In-depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Experienced in Complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which includes System study, Analysis, Physical and Logical design, Resource Planning, Coding, Testing and implementing business Applications.
- Worked extensively on joining tables, multiple data connections using blending worked on data extracts, managing queries.
- Worked on Tableau Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc. in Tableau.
- End to end experience in designing and deploying data visualizations using Tableau.
- Having Experience in design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop down menu option and parameterized using Tableau.
- Respond to ad hoc data requests and conduct analysis to provide valuable insights to partner groups, including sales, product, operations and finance.
- Handled data extraction from multiple source platforms - Flat files, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Scheduling the jobs using Auto sys, crontab scheduling tool.
- Involved in Unit Testing, System Testing, and Integration Testing in pre-production environment.
- Experience includes technical support, troubleshooting, report design and monitoring of system usage.
- Have good Analytical and Problem Solving skills and Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills, ability to understand and adapt to new technologies and environments faster.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrable verbal and written communications to maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Knowledge of MSBI stack (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS).
BI Tools: Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server (Tableau Administrator7/8/9)Tableau public, Tableau Reader, Tableau Online, Knowledge of MSBI (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) stack, power BI.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, python
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix
ETL TOOL: Informatica, and Alteryx.
Scheduling Tools: Auto Sys, Unix Crontab, Windows Task Scheduler
- Participated in gathering BI requirements from various teams.
- Designed and developed interactive Tableau dashboards and reports and recommending Tableau and its visualization features for other teams
- Upgraded Tableau server from 8.0 to 9.0 in DEV and QA along with Migration of reports.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business users, program Managers and End Users.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets In Tableau.
- Built complex reports using advanced reporting functions like YTD calculations, MTD calculations, percentage differences, sets and groups etc. in Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending feature in Tableau.
- Used advance charts visualizations in Tableau like Dual Axis, Box plots, Bullet Graphs, Tree maps, Bubble charts, Water Fall charts etc. to solve complex problems.
- Worked on integration of Tableau with R and assist output R images into dashboards as objects.
- Worked on metadata in SQL to return information about objects in database.
- Worked in writing complex SQL queries that involved multiple joins and users defines functions.
- Scheduled the tasks and time to time refresh data when the sources are published or extracted to server.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 10.5, Tableau Server 9.0, 8.0, Parameters, Action Filters, Complex Reports, Flat files, CSV Files, YTD & MTD Calculations, R Language, SQL Server Management Studio, Excel, MySQL, Windows 8.1,10.
Tableau Developer /Tableau server Admin
- Involved in requirement gathering/analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production rollover of Reporting and Analysis projects.
- Created detailed Functional Specifications Documents, including data samples, use cases, key project assumptions, report samples, data flows and data models
- Leveraged Tableau built in graphical capabilities to create Bar-charts, Tree-maps, Geo-maps, and Area-charts.
- Fully understand and translate the current existing reporting system SSRS reports to convert them as Tableau reports and dashboards.
- Used Tableau to create visual interactive dashboards, workbooks and stories for better decision making.
- Created Aggregations, calculated Fields, Table calculations, Totals, percentages using Key Performance Measures (KPI).
- Implemented the various Tableau functions, Tableau extracts, parameters, conditional formatting, color coding to the dashboards and reports in Tableau Desktop.
- Used Sets, Bins, Parameters, Aggregate Functions, Filters, Action in Tableau. Used Tableau Desktop to analyze and obtain insights into large data sets.
- Publishing the Worksheets, Dashboards and Stories on Tableau server to share it with multiple BU's.
- Installation and maintenance for server.
- Creating and maintenance users, groups and permissions.
- Publishing workbook to the server and scheduling extract.
- Assigned permissions to the different lines of Business and users.
- Created visually compelling, actionable interactive worksheets and dashboards for the clients to analyze various KPIs.
- Worked on power Bi Dashboard to make some changes on behalf of Business requirements.
- Loading of data flows using SSIS applying Visual Basics.
- Developed confidential proprietary analytical tools and reports with Microsoft Excel, and Power Pivot, and Power Point.
- Build several proofs of concepts dashboards in Tableau to lay framework of analytics.
- Developed Tableau reports including highlight tables, stacked bars, side by side bars, symbol maps, filled maps, heat maps.
- Review the reports developed by peers and guide them whenever required and basically point of contact for reporting module.
- Conducting Performance tuning, applying user and row level securities.
- Created Table of Contents (TOC), a common navigation page which had all the links to various reports.
- Used Power BI Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype, and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports
Environment: Tableau 8.3, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Tableau server 9/8/7, SSRS, Power BI.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Tableau Developer/Data Analyst
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau. Created report schedules on Tableau server.
- Actively involved in gathering requirements from end users, involved in modifying various technical & functional specifications.
- Analyzed requirements for various reports, dashboards and created proof of concept / prototype of the same using Tableau desktop.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau.
- Created Heat Map showing current service subscribers by color that were broken into regions allowing business user to understand where we have most users vs. least users.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Modified view of reports using MS Power BI with implications of SSIS, SSRS.
- Extensively developed different types of visualizations in Tableau like Dual Axis, bar charts, Water Fall charts, Bullet graphs, box and whisker plots.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Creating basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios
- Implemented Grand Totals, Sub-totals, and Changing Aggregation for Customizing the Data.
- Created Hierarchies, sets, combined sets and Groups in Tableau.
- Generated ad hoc Tableau reports on demand for providers.
- Create and modify Interactive Dashboards and Creating guided navigation links within Interactive Dashboards.
- Extensively used analytical features in Tableau like Statistical functions and calculations, trend lines, forecasting etc. in many tableau reports.
- Published the developed dashboard, reports on the Tableau Server so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Actively participated in clarification meeting with the Clients.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards and handled the performance issues effectively.
Environment: Tableau 8.0 and 8.1, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, multiple data source extraction.
- Worked with Business Analyst and the Business users to understand the user requirements, layout, and look and feel of the application to be developed.
- Data blending implemented on Microsoft SQL server, Oracle database and generated interactive dashboards.
- Worked on Table Calculations with other Calculations, Sets, Grouping, and If/then Calculations.
- Created ad hoc reports to users in Tableau by connecting various data sources.
- Generated Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters to handle views more efficiently.
- Published Workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate teams can view it.
- Embedded Tableau views in to SharePoint
- Analyzed the source data and handled efficiently by modifying the data types.
- Created Reports with forecast, reference lines and combination charts for clear understanding.
- Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Tableau ad hoc reports.
- Generated context filters and used performance actions while handling huge volume of data.
- Generated tableau dashboards for Dental Renewals, Medical Renewals, and Eligible & Employee Enrolls.
Environment: Tableau 8.3, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle.
SQL, PL/SQL Developer
- Interacted with business users for gathering requirements
- Involved in writing SQL scripts to create staging tables and developed SQL loader file to load the legacy data into the oracle ERP application.
- Created Shell scripts for data loading from flat files.
- Scheduling Shell Scripts for automated batch load
- Created Database tables, views, triggers
- Development of PL SQL stored procedure, functions, and packages as per the business requirements.
- Performance tuning of data load process by creating table indexes to bring down processing times from minutes to seconds
- Involved in extensive data validation by writing several complex SQL queries and involved in back-end testing and worked with data quality issues.
- Writing ad-hoc queries for user requests.
- Development of interfaces, packages, procedures using SQL and PL/SQL
- Worked on developing excel reports using SQL navigator
Environment: SQL, Oracle 10g, Toad, Putty, UNIX, Shell programing.