- 5+ years of strong IT experience in Database Design, Development and business intelligence of Microsoft SQL Server with various business domains like Banking, Insurance and Health care.
- Sound knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) with substantial experience with object oriented analysis and design methodologies.
- Exceptional hands on working knowledge with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).(2005,2008,2012,2017)
- Skilled in BI tools of Tableau, Power BI, SSRS including report, query writing using SQL and building front end BI applications as per specifications.
- Experience in Data warehousing and Business Intelligence in analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of the reporting and ETL components.
- Experience in designing various Data Visualization Dashboards, gathering customer requirements, writing test cases, preparing analytical reports to help users to identify critical KPI's and partnering with developers to ensure full understanding of internal/external customer needs. .
- Extensive star and snowflake schemas.
- Expertise in Data Warehouse Modeling with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Expertise in creation and deployment of dimensions, partitions, aggregation and cubes on SSAS.
- Very good knowledge in scheduling and deploying reports on report manger.
- Created reports that have been defined by business architect and generated canned reports in a Crystal format of Crystal Reports.
- Worked on predefined, developed stored procedures for automation and scheduling in crystal reports.
- Experience in developing Custom Report and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, and drill down reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Expertise in creating packages to transfer data between MS ACCESS and FLAT FILES to SQL SERVER using SSIS.
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Good Hand on Resolving complex issues and Error Handling in SSIS.
- Created cluster index and non - cluster index on tables and disable them before inserts and enable when inserts completed.
- Expertise in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file, to MS SQL Server by using DTS and SSIS services.
- Very good knowledge of MS SQL Server Configuration, Performance Tuning, Client-Server Connectivity, Query Optimization, Database Maintenance Plans and Database Consistency Checking DBCC commands.
- Maintaining jobs for data messaging from development server to test server for generating daily reports for financial and marketing team.
- Implemented complex business logic with User-Defined-Functions, Indexed Views and created User Defined Data type, Clustered & Non-clustered Indexes.
- Expert in automating process by creating jobs and error reporting using Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, FTP and SMTP.
- Expert in T-SQL scripts, dynamic SQL, complex stored procedures, functions, triggers and SQLCMD.
- Ability to work in-groups as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Good team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivation, initiative and the ability to think outside the box.
Programming Language: ,SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting
BI Tools: Microsoft Business Intelligence,(Visual Studio) Report Builder, JasperSoft, Splunk
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, SOAP, CSS, JQuery
Databases: MS SQL Server(2008,2012,2014,2016,2017), MySQL
Database Tools: TOAD, Billing tool.
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, CentOS, RedHat
Other: Concepts OOPS, Data Structures, Algorithms, Software Engineering, ETL, Puppet, SVN, VSS
- Working with project lead and business users to understand business processes, gather and document project requirements and translate them into functional and non-functional specifications for BI reports and applications.
- Create data extracts and reports based on business requirements.
- Involving in end-end Application development process that includes Design, Development, Testing and Production deployment.
- Used Visual Studio 2017 to designed and created SSRS reports from SSAS cubes using SSAS cubes and connections and MDX to query the data.
- Design and develop SQL procedures, views, functions, and triggers to fetch data from different tables by using joins.
- Create and work on both star and snowflake schemas
- Developed parameterized dashboards and reports with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) using Visual Studio 2017
- Performed Rolling and express upgrade from HDP 2.3.2 to HDP 2.4.3.
- Upgraded Ambari 2.1.2 to Ambari 2.4.1
- Configured Grafana and Zepplin Dashboards for monitoring and cost analysis..
- Implemented Kerberos authentication infrastructure-KDC server's setup, creating realm domain, managing principles, generating keytab files for each and every service and managing key tab using keytab tools.
- Introduced SmartSense and got optimal recommendations from the vendor and even for troubleshooting the issues.
- Programming Languages SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting
- Build automated ETL processes in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) using Visual Studio 2017, test and implement for applications.
- Perform ETL tasks and load data from various data sources like SQL Server, Excel, XML, Microsoft Access sources etc
- Developed automated packages to fetch data files from FTP servers and load into tables.
- Create recursive jobs in SQL Server Agent to run multiple SSIS packages, SQL procedures and scripts.
- Create reports using Power BI
- Created Data driven Tabular, Drill-down, Charts, Parameterized, Linked, Aggregate reports using SSRS Report Builder.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues and Error Handling in SSIS.
- Designed and generated OLAP cubes. Built reports, dashboards and scorecards on OLAP cubes.
- Modified and maintained cube Dimensions, Hierarchies and adding Aggregations to Cube.
- Used Power BI in creating visualized analysis as needed.
Environment: MS Access, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSMS, SSRS, MS Access, Windows XP, MDX, OLTP, OLAP, ETL, T-SQL, MS Power BI,Visual Studio 2017, MSSQL SERVER (2000,2017)
Confidential, memphis, TN
- Performed Quality Assurance in Testing Script Writing, Data Creation, And Validated Sql Scripts Creation.
- Generated OLAP Cubes for analytical purposes using SSAS.
- Build Data Models in PowerDesigner
- Responsible for Data Modeling based on the client requirements, daily maintenance and performance tuning.
- Designed and Developed OLAP Cubes and dimensional models using SSAS
- Production support, ad hoc queries meeting requirements from other development teams in a test driven agile development environment.
- Worked with Azure Cloud Databases
- Created Diagrams in PowerDesigner
- Explored data in a variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI
- Design and implementation of SSIS/ETL process for the system.
- Connected on Azure Cloud Databases using SSMS and Visual Studio 2015
- Leading design and implementation for business intelligence using MS software (MS SQL Server BI, SSRS/SSIS/SSAS) and other data visualization platform
- Secured Tableau Server by customizing the access levels and creating various user groups by assigning row and column level security at application level, folder level and user level.
- Experience in creating extracts in Tableau from various source files including flat files, excel sheets, access files and different databases.
- Implemented Key Performance Indicator Objects, Actions, Hierarchies and Attribute Relationships for added functionality and better performance of SSAS Warehouse.
- Extracted the data tables using custom generated queries from Excel files, Access/ SQL database and providing extracted data as an input to Tableau.
- Designed dashboards on the concept of Dynamic availability where in a variety of worksheets/ Views were connected by Actions.
- Used LOD functions like fixed, Include and Exclude to show revenue shrink and financial debts at different granularities such as region, state and stores.
- Designed business intelligence dashboard using Tableau Desktop and publishing the same on Tableau server, allowing executive management to view current and past performance sales trends, forecast sales, and to track existing customer sales.
- Experience with Tableau as an administrator including providing installation, administration, configuration, maintenance, scheduling, performance tuning and upgrade.
- Created SSIS Templates for developing SSIS Packages that can be dynamically deployed into development, Testing and Production Environments.
- Create reports using Power Bi
- Involved in creating various Database Objects - Tables, Indexes, Store Procedure, Trigger, Views, and Roles. Improved Performance by creating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler.
- Designed and developed different type of reports including Tabular forms, Dashboards, Matrix (cross Tab report) form, Conditional, List items, Charts and Sub reports, custom report, Drill down reports using SSRS.
- Responsible for Deployment of the report to report server using SSRS and used Report Subscription (Data Driven and Standard) to publish reports.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis.
- Worked with SQL Server 2015/2017 and created the SQL objects like tables, VIEWS in-order to pull the data and make modifications as per the business rules and provide the reports to the client
- Worked with enhancing and creating the SSIS dtsx packages, setting up the data flow tasks, control flow tasks and sending email notifications etc.,
- Optimized stored procedure results which contains the complex code of JOINS, various kinds of user defined functions, VIEWS, SYNONYMS, Sub-queries etc.,
- Work on FileZilla for the remote server's file transfers and make them available for the SSIS jobs to pick those files.
- Create extensive visualized analysis using Power BI
- Developed data mapping documents based on STTM conversion rules for the data migration
- CollCreated master pages and used Grid View control for data display and worked on exporting reports to Excel from Grid views.
- Developed Power BI reports and dashboards from multiple data sources using data blending
- Worked on the Power BI reports and dashboards with SQL Server /Tableau SSAS sources.
- SQL Development, ability to write and troubleshoot SQL code and design stored procedures, functions, tables and views using SQL Server.
- Experience on Power BI (Desktop and Service) along with SSAS Tabular Model and DAX
- Designed and developed various complex reports such as Drill down, Drill Through, Cross Tabbed using SSRS.
- Design star schemas.
- Generated Parameterized Reports and cascaded Parameterized Reports.
- In-Depth knowledge of SDLC, understanding of various phases like Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing.
Environment: HTML, CSS, SSRS, MS Access, T-SQL, SQL server 2015, Power BI