- 11+ years of experience, including 8+ years of Technical Lead and Architect Experience in leading major ITSM projects.
- Hands on Experience on BMC Remedy ITSM and has played different roles like Technical Lead, Architect, Application Developer, and the Technical Support Analyst.
- Knowledge of the Key IT Service Management Tools like ServiceNow (Kingston), HPSM, BMC Remedy ITSM.
- Well versed in ITIL best practices, which are used for implementing IT Service Management infrastructure solution.
- Strong Functional and technical knowledge of the ITSM modules like Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Level Management, Asset Management, Service Request Management, Configuration Management Database(CMDB), Approval Engine, Full - Text Searching (ITSM 7.6.04 and 8.1).
- Strong Functional knowledge of the IT Business Management (ServiceNow) modules like Application Portfolio Manager, Agile Development, Project Portfolio Management, Business Planning Portal, Finance Management, Release Management, Test Management and Cost Management.
- Subject Matter Expertise in integrating third party service desk tools like (ServiceNow/Acxiom/ WWiTS/ HPSM) with BMC Remedy ITSM using Web Services.
- Well versed in CMDB Class structure, Reconciliation and Normalization Engine, AI/AIE, Discovery Tools like BladeLogic, ADDM, IPAM.
- Familiar with Configuration and customization methods like Business Rules, Client Scripts, Tables, UI Policies in ServiceNow.
- Expertise in other BMC remedy tools like AI/AIE, Data Management Tool, Data Wizard, Import Tool, Migrator Tool and environment monitoring tools like BMC Petrol.
- Well versed in Design/Develop, BMC Remedy Service Requests using standard SRs and Advanced Interface Forms (AIF).
- Report development using Business Object 4.0/ Crystal reports/AR Reports and has worked on Business object universe extension.
- An effective communicator and a team player with strong analytical, logical, problem-solving abilities.
- Proactive Attitude towards any assignment, strong power of expression, analytical & strong leadership skills.
MS: SQL Server 2003, Oracle 11g/12c.
O/S: Windows Server, UNIX.
Processes: ITIL, LEAN, AGIL, DevOps
Tools: BMC Remedy Developer Studio 8.x/7.x and User tool, Oracle Toad, SAP Business Objects, HP Quality Center, Service Now
Products: BMC Remedy ITSM 8.x, ITSM 7.x, Service Now(Kingston)
Confidential, Waukegan, IL
ITSM - Onsite Technical Lead
Delivered ITSM Projects
- Incident Management required field rules - Custom configurable solution to enforce required field rules on Incident Management.
- Incident Management Case Exchange- Established integration between the two BMC Remedy ITSM system ( Confidential and St. Jude Medical). Communication layer (Middleware) between the two system was established using Tibco and DataPower.
- Developed a product ordering based hardware/software service request portal using SRM AIF(Advance Interface Forms)
- Transform out of box incident management notification from text based notification to HTML (Email templates).
- Design/Developed multiple standard service requests like Abbott Mobility Request System, Global Service Desk Self-help Portal.
- Delivered an impact assessment project for upgrading the current ITSM system from 8.1 to 9.x. As part of this project delivered possible upgrade approaches, architecture design, effort estimates for the upgrade, infrastructure cost for setting up the parallel architecture setup.
- Abbott was using BMC Remedy change management only for infrastructure change tracking. Expanded the current change management application to allow tracking of application changes also. As part of this project, implementing change management process for more than 500+ applications.
- Design/developed Incident Management case exchange - Web Service based integration between WWiTS and BMC Remedy ITSM.
- Developing database views for Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Level Agreements and ITSM surveys for a third-party reporting tool- Smart View.
- ITSM Database server refresh project- Existing ITSM Dev/QA/Prod physical DB servers were replaced with the new powerful servers. As part of this project ITSM Dev/QA/Prod application databases were migrated from old to new servers and ITSM application team updated application DB server references. ITSM application and DB team worked in collaboration to deliver this project successfully.
- Abbott Application portfolio management - Implemented CMDB automated job using AI Spoon. In this job, all Abbott applications will be loaded as a business service CI’s through a flat file, ADDM loading discovered application CIs. Once business service and application CI created, AI job and recon job will create Business service- > Application CI- > Server (Computer System) relationship.
- Automated Server CI’s Re-Certification Process - Developed a CMDB based automated process to trigger yearly server recertification process. As part of this trigger, server owner will be notified with the current server details which owner can quickly review and re-certify to effectively complete the yearly server recertification process.
- Incident Management Case Exchange - ServiceNow Web-Service based integration with BMC Remedy ITSM 8.1.
- Project Spring: Abbott went through a major support model change in 2014, where Abbott converted application support model from in-house support to vendor based managed services contract. Almost 6000 applications were transitioned to IBM/Cognizant. As an ITSM lead, I fronted this major support structure changes in the ITSM.
- Apart from leading major development projects, I am also responsible to manage ITSM offshore support team. As a lead, I am responsible to make sure IBM team is not missing the SLA commitments, minimizing application downtime and business critical escalations and to ensure at most client satisfaction.
- Below list provides my day to day contribution as an ITSM technical lead on the support front.
- Enhancing service desk and other operation processes. Ensuring ITSM application availability in 24X7 environments. Resolving Incidents/ Service Request within committed SLA time and with at most quality.
- Resolving complex approval and change management process related issues. Configuring application or infrastructure change approvals as per the business requirement.
- Developing new standard service requests (AOT/PDT/SRD). SRM is heavily being used in the Abbott environment as a self-help portal. ITSM team is responsible to manage more than 30+ SR’s. Almost every quarter either we develop a new SR or do modifications to existing SR as per the business requirement.
- Create/Modify Service Agreement and business entity as per the vendor contract, or as per the business requirement.
- Managing CMDB reconciliation job for ADDM/ Bladelogic/ IPAM/ CLM/ Application Inventory dataset and making sure the scheduling recon jobs are running without any business impact.
- Creating new ITSM classes/objects in business object universe to expose ITSM form/field data for Business object reporting team. Create/Update ITSM reports in BO.
- Responsible to support ITSM integration with third party vendors like HPSM/Service Now/Acxiom.
- Responsible for project planning, effort and cost estimation to deliver major ITSM projects.
- Conducting requirement gathering session, sign off on functional/ user requirement specification from business/Architecture team for minor/Major enhancements.
- Architecture design and assign developer for feature development. Ensure that the product development is as per business requirement and delivered with utmost quality.
- Providing technical assistance to offshore team and doing regular follow-ups on assigned tasks to avoid delays in project deliverables or missing service level agreement or issues impacting the quality of the deliverable.
- Resolving escalated and complex ITSM issue on priority to reduce business impact.
- Providing daily work status update to client system owner/IT manager and Abbott SME's and updating all the support tickets, attending all the client calls and representing the ITSM team.
- Supporting end to end software life cycle process including project documentation, unit and system testing, supporting UAT’s, conducting code reviews and working with business on deliverable sign off’s.
- Following Quality Standards to meet quality goals.
Environment: ARS Remedy 8.1, ITSM 8.1, CMDB 8.1, Bladelogic, ADDM, IPAM, BMC Petrol, Business Object XI 4.0, Oracle 11G and ITSM 8.1 intégration with Acxiom/ ServiceNow /HPSM /WWiTS/TSG/SharePoint sites, etc.
Technical Lead - Offshore
- Responsible to provide technical support and enhancing around 9 highly integrated and customized AR applications which were developed on ARS Remedy 7.1.
- Developed around 6 new notifications and modified existing 8 notifications for custom wireless tracking application which involved developing complete new triggering the workflow, email and HTML templates.
- Worked on many enhancements on Tax Technology Practitioner application which include functionality changes and developing crystal reports.
- Did complete analysis and functionality changes for Asset Contractor workstation application which is custom solution developed on top of BMC Remedy Asset Management, CMDB, EIE, and Databus.
- Worked on enhancing the Web Site Blocking application which is having the front end of the .net interface and business logic in Remedy.
- Working on many areas of client applications which involves analysis and understanding functional flow for applications like Databus, Membership service, Technology Service Centre.
- Apart from development activities involved in supporting client critical applications developed on ARS Remedy. All the client ARS applications are classified as Gold applications which need immediate and accurate assistance.
- Apart from above application below are the other list of application on which I performed development and support activity: Website Blocking, Survey, BEM Spectrum, Exception handling, Batch ticketing, API Configuration.
Environment: ARS Remedy 7.1, ITSM 7.1, CMDB 2.1, Crystal Report 8, Citrix, Customized and Integrated.Net applications with ARS Remedy 7.1 Custom application.
Remedy Specialist (Application Developer)
- I was responsible to provide application support and development on ITSM 7.6 all modules.
- Deliver new and complex high-quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements.
- The developed technical solution for Dell Shipping Process which enhanced and automated the process and reduces manual work and human error which were involved in updating asset category value for thousands of Dell shipping records.
- I have fixed lot of bugs for the custom application ‘Network Equipment Data load’ functionality which was integrated with ITSM.
- Proposed an RIK based installer for remedy custom code migration. I have submitted this as a proposal as an IBM asset "RIK installer for BMC Remedy Custom Application 1.0" in IRAM(IBM Rational Asset Manager) which got approved in Feb 2012.I was primarily responsible to provide level 2 and 3 support. Managing client expectation and escalations and resolve complex ITSM issue ASAP with minimal impact on the business.
Environment: ARS Remedy 5.1, ARS Remedy 7.5, ITSM 7.6, CMDB 7.6, Crystal Report 8 & 11, Citrix, BO .
Associate Product Developer
- Owned complete development life cycle for a new asset decommission schedule which was part of CLM solution (BMC Remedy Asset Management 7.6).
- Developed complete two new notification events for Decommission Schedule (Asset management) and worked on many integration areas like interface form of change management.
- Worked on the ITSM 7.6 feature development and 7.6 change management best practice view UI designing and localization.
- I was responsible to fix multiple defects on BMC Remedy change management 7.6. And those defect fixes were issued to ITSM end users in form of application patches or major version releases.
- As a part of customer engineering also worked on client escalated product defects.
Technical Support Specialist
- Acted as a level 2/3 support for US customer. Provided support in the area of ITSM Foundation, Incident Management, Problem Management, Asset Management, Data Management tool, Assignment Engine and custom workflow related issues. Provided support to US customer on almost all versions of ITSM starting from Helpdesk 6 to ITSM 7.6.
- Resolving complex applications issues and escalating product defects to the engineering team to get hot-fix for the BMC clients.
- Hands-On experience in Installation of BMC Remedy ARS 7.5, 7.x Server Suit, CMDB 7.5, 2.x., ITSM 7.6, 7.5, 7.x and VLM (Virtual Life Management) on Windows environment and fixed many installation related issues for ITSM 7.6 and VLM.
- Experience in applying BMC Remedy ARS and ITSM Patches and experience in the upgrade.
Environment: BMC Remedy ITSM 7.6, Cloud lifecycle management (CLM) V1.0 which is currently called as CLM.