- 9+ years of experience as SQL Developer, Business Intelligence focus on various business solution strategies through SQL Server Integration, Analysis, Reporting Services (SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS), Data Warehouse, OLTP and OLAP Databases.
- Complete understanding and participated in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- In - depth knowledge on Transact-SQL (DDL, DML, DCL), Design and normalization of the database tables and Relational Database Management Systems.
- Optimized code and improved efficiency in databases including re-indexing, updating statistics, recompiling stored procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
- Strong SQL development skills including writing Stored Procedures, Views, Constraints, Indexes, Triggers, CTE and User Defined Functions when required and complex queries including correlated queries and queries with complex joins and aggregate functions.
- Experience in Data Visualization Data analyzation using Power BI.
- Knowledge in Azure SQL cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory.
- Designed, developed and tested the ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems
- Collected data from various sources and used multiple transformations in SSIS to meet the business requirements
- Used SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to extract data from various formats such as text files, Excel spreadsheets to SQL Server databases to overcome the transformation constraints.
- Experience in providing Logs, Error handling using Event Handler, and Performance Tuning in SSIS packages using Row, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Good knowledge of Power BI Admin roles and responsibilities.
- Used SQL Server Agent to create jobs, SQL Mail, Alerts and SSIS Packages schedule
- Experience in Microsoft Reporting Service (SSRS) with expertise in Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery and Report security.
- Experience in developing reports such as Custom, Tabular, Matrix, Adhoc reports.
- Used SQL Server Reporting service (SSRS) in Business Intelligence (BI) development studio to distribute reports in multiple formats.
- Expert in creating parameterized, Drill down, Drill through, sub, Linked, Snapshot, Cached, Adhoc reports using SSRS.
- Experience in using Audit functions and extensively used Exception Handling for catching and reporting errors.
- Experience in Database creation, maintenance, monitoring, backups and recoveries using SQL Server Agent.
- Actively involved in developing Complex SSRS Reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts and Graphs.
- Strong knowledge of ETL processes using UNIX shells scripting, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Worked with SSAS to design and develop cubes and partitioned cubes.
SQL, T: SQL, HTML, XML, C, C#
Databases: SQLServer2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000/7.0, MSAccess,PL/SQL,Oracle10/11g
Analysis/Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Service, SQL server Cognos, Power play Transformer
ETL Tools: SSIS(SQL Server Integration Services), DTS(Data Transformation Services), Import Export Data, Informatica
Testing: Unit Testing, Performance Testing, Integration Testing, Stress Testing
MS Office: 2007/2003/2000, Rally, JIRA, TFS, PPM, Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2012/2014, Power BI
Operating Systems: Windows 10/8/ 7 /98/2000/2003/ XP/Vista
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, SQL Server 2005 Query Editor, Solution Explorer, Analysis Manager, Reporting Server
Confidential, Miamisburg, OH
Sr. SQL Server/BI - Developer
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Understanding Business Logic and Writing Stored Procedures for implementation of the application.
- Written and executed complex T-SQL queries using SQL Server Management Studio for back end data validation testing.
- Created Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Provided status and communicated risks associated with the project in our Sprint meetings
- Played lead role by helping Team with development tasks, mentoring other developers and project planning in an agile environment
- Created designs and process flow on to how standardize Power BI Dashboards to meet the requirements of the business.
- Performed Power BI admin activities such as Schedule refresh, sharing, security, and Publishing the completed Power BI Desktop file to Power BI service.
- Power BI (Power BI for Office 365) report creation with Power BI Desktop and in Online (Power BI Service) using PowerPivot workbook, tabular model & several other source & Power BI Gateway management & Configuration
- Worked on Tabular Model and imported it into Power BI.
- Involved in upgrade of SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012.
- Developed SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the data warehouse from heterogeneous databases/data sources.
- Created SSIS packages using transformations like conditional split, data conversion, derived column, lookup, join, merge join, sort, union all, multicast, slowly changing dimension, in SSIS as per the clients Requirement.
- Created SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task with Master SSIS Package to run all other packages.
- Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and to data marts
- Generated multiple enterprise reports using SSRS from SQL Server Database (OLTP) and SQL Server Analysis Services Database (OLAP) and included various reporting features such as group by, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports, navigation reports etc.
- Implemented database standards and naming convention for the database objects and documented the processes for maintaining the database for future reference.
- Used Bulk Copy program (BCP) to import and export large amounts of data in and out of SQL Server databases.
- Worked closely with IT project managers, programmers, and testers.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2 Enterprise Edition, SQL, T-SQL, MS Access, MS Excel,& Windows 2003 server, Business Intelligent technologies like SSIS,SSRS, Microsoft Office 2007/2008/ 2010/2012/2014, SDLC SharePoint 2007, PowerPivot.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL Server/BI Developer
- Extensive use of Dynamic SQL, to increase the performance, efficiency and quality of code.
- Involved in development and debugging of complex batch T-SQL Procedures and Functions.
- Created views and stored procedures and optimized them as required by front-end developers for easier implementation on web pages and performance testing on stored procedures, indexes and triggers.
- Communicated new requirements to off shore team and provided guidance on development effort and handling of on-call Support.
- Designed and deployed SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages with error handling, environmental and SQL server package configurations.
- Created SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, and Data extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task and Execute Package Task to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Power-BI admin related work handled.
- Designed and developed Power BI dashboards, Reports and published it on Power BI sites.
- Experience in creating scheduling jobs, alerts, SQL Mail Agent and scheduled SSIS packages.
- Extensively used the SSIS package to write the data from the flat files, MS Excel, Oracle and DB2 into SQL Server tables.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data.
- Developed various types of complex reports like Drill Down, Drill through, Cross tab reports.
- Created snapshots and provided subscriptions to the users for the reports using SSRS 2008.
- Designed Parameterized Reports and Report Models for generating Ad-Hoc reports
- Created and applied row level security filters for report model.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2005 and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Developed Power BI reports and dashboards from multiple data sources using data blending.
- Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
Environment: Sql Server 2008R2 Enterprise Edition, SQL, T-SQL, MS Access, Oracle10g, MS Excel,& Windows 2003 server, Business Intelligent technologies like SSIS,SSRS, SSAS, Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2012, SDLC, SharePoint 2007, PowerPivot.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
SQL Server/BI Developer
- Developed and optimized data structures, Stored Procedures, Dynamic Management views, DDL Triggers and User-Defined Functions.
- Designed and implemented the Logical and Physical model of the database using Erwin.
- Involved in planning, defining and designing data based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Optimized the performance of various SQL scripts, stored procedures and triggers by using embedded UDFs, CTEs and System Stored procedures
- Tuned, Monitored and maintained SQL Server Jobs.
- Involved in Query Optimization, Performance Tuning and Rebuilding the Indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Actively involved in Performance tuning using SQL Profiler and Tuning Advisor.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, XML etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS
- Used SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) tool of SQL server to populate data from various data sources, creating packages for different data loading operations for ETL applications.
- Reduced the dread locks by using the SQL Server Profiler and setting up Trace flags for every day monitoring.
- Worked on resolving the Log-shipping and Replication latency issues.
- Created Various Triggers and Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of scheduled Jobs
- Created reports using SSRS from OLTP and OLAP data sources and deployed on report server
- Created packages to convert flat file to XML file
- Configured mail tasks to know the job status of SSIS packages.
Environment: SQL server 2000/2005/2008, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL profiler, IIS 6.0, Oracle 9i,Enterprise Manager, ERWIN Data Modeler, Windows Server 2003/2008, DTS, Share Point Portal Server, HTML, XML, C#, .Net, Visual Studio 2008, MS Access, Crystal Reports, SharePoint 2007, Power Pivot.
- Actively involved in gathering and analyzing requirements.
- Started working as developer and created advanced stored procedures
- Created partition table for very large database for good performance.
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS.
- Responsible for writing SQL queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, T-SQL and DTS/SSIS
- Deployed SSIS packages and Reports to Production Servers.
- Migrated data using ETL Tool in SSIS
- Worked on Migration of packages from DTS using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
- Diagnosed SQL Server database issues, including performance, and data integrity issues
- Installing, configuring troubleshooting SSRS and SSAS related problems
- Maintained SQL Server versioning through installs and upgrades of database instances
- Monitors database environment daily to address and reduce database errors
- Performing DBA functions, installing, configuring and supporting database systems.
- Participated in Databases Architecture and data modeling design.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005,SSRS, SSIS, C#,DTS/SSIS,Microsoft SQL server Visual Studio 2005, MS Business Intelligence Development Studio 2005.